Found Deceased NC - Allicia “Allisha” Dene Watts, 39, left home in Charlotte, car found in Anson County, 16 Jul 2023 *arrest*

A letter from Allisha Watts's sister, Tammy Utley earlier this month questioned whether Allisha had found out about Dunmore's past. She wrote," Your lies and the deceit have a funny way of catching up with you and just when the veil had been removed from my sister's eyes, she started to see the real you."

"Studies have shown that lethality or risk of homicide drastically increases in abusive relationships when actually that person is leaving the relationship. And the reason that is, is because that is the time in which the abuser is at the least have the least amount of control," said Williams.

She is encouraging women to find ways to protect themselves while dating. Williams suggests a background check and turns out it's free at your county courthouse at the public service kiosks.

"The red flags you might be looking for, on a criminal background check would be things like a violation of a domestic violence protective order, that might be a red flag or having a charge of an assault or an assault on a female," said Williams. "Think to yourself, hmm, I wonder what's behind that. And that may lead to more information. But definitely, safety is paramount."

To find out how to obtain a criminal background check visit the NC Courts website.
* Dunmore needed to become the most powerful person Allisha’s life. I’m sick over this...

AUG 28, 2023
[...]

Cemetery carekeepers tell us over the last month cleaning crews and other people had been through the area even with a large gathering for a funeral when she was just yards away.

[...]

We do know Dunmore did not lead investigators to the cemetery himself.

Watts' family and the cemetery care workers have questions about when she was left there.

Dunmore is expected to face a judge at 9:30 a.m.

... Sheriff Ronnie Fields said officials believe her body had been there since July 18, the same day Dunmore was found unresponsive in Watts' Mercedes-Benz SUV in Anson County.

"We had searched in that area seven to eight times we think," Fields said. "We were looking at that area. There was digital evidence that led us to that area."

wow, so not only was he stalking and threatening an "ex girlfriend" turns out she was in actuality his legal wife. I wonder what Allisha knew about this. Did he tell her he had a crazy ex girlfriend and not to believe anything she hears about that situation? Did she know he was married but thought he was legally separated and had no clue about the stalking, harassing and assault charges? Did she somehow find out about some or al of the above and confront him, leading to an argument that ended in Allisha's death?

I am glad Ms. Bruton is showing support for the family. I imagine she is relieved her husband is now behind bars and she safe from further threat from him. I also imagine it is hard for her knowing that was only accomplished after the death of another, not so lucky, woman.

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) - Artee Bruton has a past she wants to tell.

“I just know from my experience that I just want I don’t want this to happen to anyone else,” Bruton said.

She says she married James Dunmore in 2021. While she is still legally married to him, she separated from him months ago.

“I’m just definitely just hoping that justice is really served at this time,” she said.
[snip]
“It was a lot of emotions going on. I’m pretty sure that with the support of her family, I’ll get through this and we’ll get through it together,” she said.
‘A lot of emotions’: Wife of James Dunmore talks court appearance, helping domestic violence victims

SEP 1, 2023
[...]

"Allisha baby, we love you and we tried, we tried. We did not give up," BH, a friend of Watts told WCNC Charlotte when her body was found. "You didn't deserve this at all."

Family and friends gathered to not only celebrate her life, but to also shine a light on missing people from our area.

"All lives matter and we want to bring this attention to missing persons," one person said at the vigil.

[...]

"Education is the most important thing," one speaker said. "People should know what to do when they’re in situations like [this], and this tragedy should be the example -- don’t let the story go away."

[...]

SEP 1, 2023
[...]

"Allisha baby, we love you and we tried, we tried. We did not give up," BH, a friend of Watts told WCNC Charlotte when her body was found. "You didn't deserve this at all."

Family and friends gathered to not only celebrate her life, but to also shine a light on missing people from our area.

"All lives matter and we want to bring this attention to missing persons," one person said at the vigil.

[...]

"Education is the most important thing," one speaker said. "People should know what to do when they’re in situations like [this], and this tragedy should be the example -- don’t let the story go away."

[...]

SEP 3, 2023
Hundreds of friends and family gathered to say their final goodbyes to Allisha Watts on Sunday afternoon.

The funeral for Watts was held at 2:00 p.m. in the Owens Auditorium at Sandhills Community College in Southern Pines.

"Allisha is going to lift up domestic violence. People will take it serious now because the whole wide world knew about this ... to me she was a sacrificial lamb to save the lives of other young ladies who are going through domestic violence," Watts' friend Gloria Douglas said.

Others at the event said they felt more at peace knowing Dunmore was behind bars. They are now looking to begin the healing process and fight for justice during Dunmore's trial.

SEP 3, 2023
Those closest to Watts said they wanted to honor her memory as an entrepreneur and mentor. They are hopeful her legacy will raise awareness for other cases of not only violence against women but also violence against women of color.

Dearest Price, a civil rights advocate, says the service will help the family on their journey to closure.

“This starts the healing process for the family to have closure on at least that chapter. And now to move forward, to make sure something like this never happens again,” Price said.

SEP 4, 2023
Watts’ sister, Tammy Utley, shared a letter on behalf of their family and shared the next steps in keeping her sister’s legacy alive.

“The focus needs to be redirected to the fight for justice for Allisha that we as a community will have to endure next,” Utley said. “Accountability will prevail for such senseless and erratic behavior toward a woman who would’ve given you the world all in the name of love.”

After Watts’ funeral, family and friends comforted one another during a dove release. Moments after, Watts’ casket was carried away by a horse-drawn carriage.

Just now getting back into this thread -- SMH.
Allisha was, by all accounts, truly a very special person.
I cannot imagine the grief that her family and friends have already had, as well as what they will endure in the coming days, months & years. So glad her body was found so that her family and friends can grieve together and have a proper funeral.

Also glad that the probable killer is behind bars and facing LWOP (in NC LWOP means what it says: Life with no parole, period); it also looks like the DP may also be on the table.

Wishing the family strength, faith, and love.

Dot Brewer, a family friend of Watts’, spoke after Thursday’s court hearing.

“I do believe that we have witnessed some very good work that has been done since Allisha was reported missing,” Brewer said.

When asked how it felt to be in the courtroom with Dunmore, Brower replied: “I try not to even look in his direction because he is stoned and there is no reaction, so I really don’t want to focus on him and right now he’s just not there.”

Brewer said it was difficult to listen to the testimony on Thursday.

“No one, not even an animal, should be tossed out like that,” Brewer said.

Dunmore is due in court again in Montgomery County on October 23.

https://www.wbtv.com/2023/09/14/boyfriend-allisha-watts-appear-court-murder-charge/

just wanted to note the next court date in the thread so I can find it again later.

SEP 27, 2023
Wednesday marks what would have been Allisha Watts’ 40th birthday.

Loved ones planted a memorial tree in her honor near her hometown in Moore County.

They said Watts loved plants, and that they planted a cherry blossom tree in Blanchie Carter Park because it was her favorite.

"Tree has life and she was so full of life," said Dorothy Brower, Allisha Watts' mentor. "(A)nd every opportunity she got, she helped to elevate people. So this tree represents growth and if it grows to the sky, it'll be perfect."

SEP 27, 2023
Wednesday marks what would have been Allisha Watts’ 40th birthday.

Loved ones planted a memorial tree in her honor near her hometown in Moore County.

They said Watts loved plants, and that they planted a cherry blossom tree in Blanchie Carter Park because it was her favorite.

"Tree has life and she was so full of life," said Dorothy Brower, Allisha Watts' mentor. "(A)nd every opportunity she got, she helped to elevate people. So this tree represents growth and if it grows to the sky, it'll be perfect."
A beautiful life taken way too soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back