Found Deceased NC - Allicia “Allisha” Dene Watts, 39, left home in Charlotte, car found in Anson County, 16 Jul 2023 *arrest*

AUG 8, 2023
“They dropped the ball when they let him go out of the hospital on (July 20) and discharge himself,” said TH, Watts’ cousin. “Like, how did you get from the hospital to wherever you are?”

TH is gathering volunteers and organizing searches.

(Video)

CMPD says Watts’ boyfriend, James Dunmore, is “important” to the investigation but would not go as far as to say he is a person of interest in her disappearance.

WBTV asked if police know where Dunmore is and was told they don’t.

from @PommyMommy and @imstilla.grandma's links above

“They dropped the ball when they let him go out of the hospital on (July 20) and discharge himself,” said Tea Hines, Watts’ cousin. “Like, how did you get from the hospital to wherever you are?”
Friends, family demand transparency in police’s search for Allisha Watts

Wait, so he was discharged on the 20th? Didn't we read the other day that he was still hospitalized?? FGS what are LE doing in this case? and they have no clue where he is now??

WBTV’s Cam Gaskins spoke one-on-one with the lead investigator on the case. He will be live at 5 with more on those breaking new details.
CMPD: Boyfriend of missing Allisha Watts ‘important’ to the investigation

Last edited:
CMPD says Watts’ boyfriend, James Dunmore, is “important” to the investigation but would not go as far as to say he is a person of interest in her disappearance.

WBTV asked if police know where Dunmore is and was told they don’t.
RBBM
I hope police are fibbing about not knowing Dunmore’s whereabouts.

Also from your link:

The investigator would not comment when WBTV asked if CMPD is optimistic about finding Watts alive.
:(

AUG 9, 2023
[...]

In a series of interviews Wednesday with media, CMPD pushed back on any assertion that they have not been forthcoming with family about the case, saying they have been in contact daily with Watts’ close family members.

“There have been hundreds of hours that have went into this,” said Capt. Joel McNelly. “Our laser focus is to find Allisha. That’s what we want.”

Queen City News asked CMPD about the extent of Dunmore’s involvement in the case, especially after reports surfaced that he may be being treated after his suicide attempt.

McNelly noted they could not confirm Dunmore’s current location, and when asked if CMPD is actively searching for him, said, “I’m not going to comment on the particulars of the investigation. It’s important we protect the integrity of the investigation.”

[...]

What we learned from my interview with CMPD Capt. over Allisha Watts case:
At some point between July 16-18th, Allisha left on her own
Do not believe she was abducted
They want to speak with her boyfriend, James Dunmore
Haven't interviewed him because of medical issues
Don't know where he is
Do not know if she is alive
Not a homicide investigation- but exploring all possible outcomes https://wsoctv.com/news/local/cmpd-speaks-about-investigation-first-time-since-allisha-watts-vanished/D4KCUWBFNRE7JBXBHPR2VYIX4I/

Don't know where he is
Not a homicide investigation- but exploring all possible outcomes https://wsoctv.com/news/local/cmpd-speaks-about-investigation-first-time-since-allisha-watts-vanished/D4KCUWBFNRE7JBXBHPR2VYIX4I/
Oh, Boy. So much being said here without saying it.

JMO

As you all said, that was rather a non update. Makes me wonder, why the investigator would agree to the interview in the first place when clearly there is so much he cannot or will not say. Only serves to further highlight how very close lipped they are being about nearly every aspect of this case. IMO

Don't know where he is
"left on her own"? Really? Just gave her Mercedes and phone to her boyfriend and just left on her own! All righty then. I can totally see why her family and friends are totally ******' WTH?

AUG 9, 2023
[...]

In a series of interviews Wednesday with media, CMPD pushed back on any assertion that they have not been forthcoming with family about the case, saying they have been in contact daily with Watts’ close family members.

“There have been hundreds of hours that have went into this,” said Capt. Joel McNelly. “Our laser focus is to find Allisha. That’s what we want.”

Queen City News asked CMPD about the extent of Dunmore’s involvement in the case, especially after reports surfaced that he may be being treated after his suicide attempt.

McNelly noted they could not confirm Dunmore’s current location, and when asked if CMPD is actively searching for him, said, “I’m not going to comment on the particulars of the investigation. It’s important we protect the integrity of the investigation.”

[...]
Why do I have the feeling that LE has lost him?

AUG 9, 2023
[...]

[...]
Have there been any searches conducted by LE?

The call came from Watts' cousin after she missed a comedy show she bought tickets for and had been looking forward to attending. The cousin also said they speak with Watts regularly and haven't been able to get in touch with her; also she runs a business but hasn't shown up for work.

"This is just not her. This is kind of strange. It frightens me because I know that she just started talking to this guy," the cousin said.

Channel 9’s Jonathan Lowe spoke with Watts’ cousin, Gwen Utley, who said her family disagrees with some of what police said.

Utley reported Watts missing and has been a driving force in the search for her. Utley said she wholeheartedly disagrees with police saying there is evidence that Watts left on her own.

“Always been in good spirits, always, all the way up to the last time I seen her,” she said.

“Has she ever been suicidal, or ‘I just want to get away from it all?’” Lowe asked.

“Never, never, she didn’t have problems,” Utley said. “She was just now coming up, my cousin was just now rising. She was just now becoming the woman that she wanted to be.”

“I’m not going to say they haven’t communicated at all, but it hasn’t been on a regular basis -- not to me, not enough to keep you from not worrying,” she said.

“I’m sorry to those people that feel like we haven’t communicated directly,” CMPD Capt. Joel McNelly said Wednesday.

We asked McNelly if they have had any contact with Dunmore.

“Due to the medical issues, we have not been able to successfully talk to him,” he had said.

AUG 11, 2023
[...]

“When it comes to actually doing work, please let law enforcement do that,” McNelly said. “... We need to make sure that those things are handled properly, that evidence isn’t tainted.”

For example, McNelly offered, if people come across potential evidence in a wooded area, they should wait for police to collect it. Otherwise, any traces of DNA become harder to detect.

When asked if he offered the advice because of already-tainted evidence in the case, he declined to explain. “The most important thing, number one, is that we find Allisha,” he said. “Number two is that we do it the right way.”

[...]

McNelly said police have been in near daily contact with one designated family member, which is typical for law enforcement working such cases. That one person should be the point of contact for any other loved ones looking for information, he said.

“While I know that can be frustrating, every minute that we’re talking to one of those people, and not the family, is a minute that we can’t be looking for Allisha.”

Bumping for Allisha.

If LE don't know where Dunmore is, I hope they're taking steps in that direction to figure out where he is, and what he's doing ?
Is he employed anywhere ?
I realize he's important to the investigation, but not a poi yet.
I'm worried he could disappear or accidentally harm himself and Allisha's family may never get answers ?
This vanishing sounds (from her worried loved ones) very uncharacteristic of her.
Omo.

AUG 12, 2023
"I'm definitely here for Allisha Watts," Hines said. "I'm definitely not going nowhere. I'm not afraid to have my face in the news. When Allisha comes home, I can rest. Right now, nobody in my community can rest."

Hines added, "I just want Allisha to know we're looking. We're coming for you, baby. We're looking for Alicia and I'm not gonna sleep until she comes home."

“We’re frustrated a little bit. I understand that the police can’t tell us everything, but they should have told us something that we didn’t already know. The little bit they can and be out in the field with us helping us search. Just the police presence is a big thing, which we haven’t seen,” Hines explained.

“I have hope that we’re going to find Allisha. To what extent and what degree that I’m gonna find my cousin Allisha in only God knows. I’m just hoping to bring her home. And James Dunmore you have got to stop hiding and not talking to us because you know where Allisha is,” shared Hines.

In a sit-down interview with WBTV earlier this week, CMPD says Watts’ boyfriend James Dunmore is “important to the investigation” but would not say if he was a suspect or person of interest.

AUG 16, 2023
Wednesday marks one month since Allisha Watts was last seen in Charlotte.

Channel 9′s Genevieve Curtis learned Allisha Watts is now in that public national database, which is called NamUs. It’s a resource that allows jurisdictions to share information about missing persons cases.

Watts’ name was just added to the database Tuesday. In a statement Wednesday afternoon, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said it was actually a private citizen -- not them -- who initiated the entry.

All of that comes after the department faced several questions about why the tool wasn’t being used earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201
Back