NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight. For eight years the NC State Dept. of Non-Public Education has not concerned themselves at all with the Parsons Christian School? Wow, what a black eye this seems to be.
Not that I have anything against home-schooling. I've done it for a time myself and I have family members who home-school their children right now.

so... cp says ep attended public school, yet the schools deny this? is that correct?

Stated in part 6 of the interview:
Casey Parsons: "She went to Bastian Elementary in Rockwell, and then she also went to Mount Pleasant in Concord. Well, Mount Pleasant. It was the Cabarrus County school systems."

Hmm, Bostian/Bastian? Elementary School is in China Grove, Rowan County; the Rowan-Salisbury School System..

But here
under paragraph "home School"
"Erica never attended the Rowan-Salisbury Public Schools, a school district official says."

Who knows about Mount Pleasant School.

There is a pic of Erica standing in front of two people. Could they possibly all be in school uniform? I don't see any school emblem on the top though like we have here.
Sorry not sure how to put pic here as on my phone. Easy to find Google pics though

I think the simplest explaintion is the correct one: Erica died and the parents hid the fact by saying she lived with a someone else. CP kept cashing the checks. JP was out on his own, had limited choices of where to live, thought he'd try living with Nan and Erica, and realized Nan was dead and that meant Erica was missing, too.

SP's silence tells me he is trying to avoid making a bad situation worse by lying.

What a sad sick mess. My son went to college in that area, and it's a big confusing area to me. I never knew what was in what county.

There is a pic of Erica standing in front of two people. Could they possibly all be in school uniform? I don't see any school emblem on the top though like we have here.
Sorry not sure how to put pic here as on my phone. Easy to find Google pics though

Where is this photo? I tried Google images and couldn't find anything. What page number is it on?

Casey Parsons: "She went to Bastian Elementary in Rockwell, and then she also went to Mount Pleasant in Concord. Well, Mount Pleasant. It was the Cabarrus County school systems."

Hmm, Bostian/Bastian? Elementary School is in China Grove, Rowan County; the Rowan-Salisbury School System..

But here
"Erica never attended the Rowan-Salisbury Public Schools, a school district official says."

I must have missed that in part 6 of the interview. Am rewatching now to try and find the quoted bit about Erica's school attendance and not finding it. Could you say at what minute mark or towards the beginner or the end? It is a long interview even broken up in pieces as it is. Thanks in Advance.

tlcya, schooling is discussed in the third section. on page 17 of this thread, i c&p them all.

in reading over them again, i am concerned about how cp says, she's not missing...she's having fun... she's in asheville, living.

strange wording, imo. I'd never say that my daughter (who does not live with me) "is in xville, living..."...kwim? I'd say she was living in xville, but not the way she words it.

I believe that's the photo being discussed.

It looks like a family photo and everyone has the same shirt on. The two people behind her are turned a bit opposite ways like its posed that way.

tlcya, schooling is discussed in the third section. on page 17 of this thread, i c&p them all.

in reading over them again, i am concerned about how cp says, she's not missing...she's having fun... she's in asheville, living.

strange wording, imo. I'd never say that my daughter (who does not live with me) "is in xville, living..."...kwim? I'd say she was living in xville, but not the way she words it.

Thanks so much floridamomma, I kept watching part 6 over and over again trying to figure out where I had missed it. :) I had missed it in a completely different section. :blushing:

I still tend to believe it is not the truth, but I am sure that LE is checking into that statement as well as all of the others for veracity.

Gonna tell you right now I wouldn't say anything if she was dead or alive if I had been cashing CP payments and was not actually providing for her. Isn't that a serious crime of some sorts? Another thing that struck me as odd about this case is that the only image they have to put up of her is when she was 10 years old.

I don't know how old they said she was in the photo but her apparent age in it is very telling. I know she is small but certain things that transpire during puberty make changes to the face etc... In that picture I would bet my bottom dollar that she was 9-10 yrs old.

This is the first endangered case I have seen on here that was actually an endangered I clicked it expecting to see another runaway. Anyhow yeah disturbing and another failure by CPS.

I must have missed that in part 6 of the interview. Am rewatching now to try and find the quoted bit about Erica's school attendance and not finding it. Could you say at what minute mark or towards the beginner or the end? It is a long interview even broken up in pieces as it is. Thanks in Advance.
My mistake, It's actually part 3 of the interview, around the 6 min. mark.
http://www.salisburypost.com/interactive/video
Listed under the Salisbury Crime tab

thanks Ascha, I found it. Thought I was losing my ever loving pea pickin mind. :) Welcome to Websleuths. Great group of people here.

This is from the "Probable Cause Affidavit" for the search warrant on the house and car:

Probable Cause (Page 1):

That on July 30, 2013 the Rowan County Sheriff's Office received information from James and Scott Parsons that James Parsons' sister hasn't been seen since approximately November or December 2011. James stated that on the morning in November or December 2011 he awoke and realized his sister Erica Lynn Parsons was not at the home. At the time Erica was approximately 13 years of age. James Parsons stated he asked his parents Sandy and Casey Parsons where Erica was at and Sandy and Casey told James that they had been to Asheville, North Carolina and took Erica to her grandmother's residence.

James stated he had not seen Erica since. James also described how his mother Casey and father Sandy routinely abused Erica both physically and mentally. James Parsons also stated Erica was adopted at birth by his parents Sandy and Casey Parsons. James Parsons further state that after this time when Erica disappeared from his home Sandy and Casey Parsons continued to receive checks for Erica from the State of North Carolina.

That an investigation began to locate Erica Parsons and investigators met with Casey and Sandy Parsons and asked both where Erica Parsons was at and how they could contact her. Casey Parsons stated she and her husband had adopted Erica Parsons shortly after her birth. Casey Parsons and Sandy Parsons told investigators that Erica Parsons' biological mother is Carolyn Parsons. Casey Parsons told investigators that Erica Parsons had moved to Asheville in 2011 to live with Erica's biological grandmother Irene Goodman also known as Nan or Nana.

Casey Parsons also told detectives that in 2011 she, her husband Sandy and their daughter Brook took Erica to meet Irene Goodman, but in an interview with Brook, Brook stated she stayed at home with the older children when her parents delivered Erica to Irene Goodman.

Casey Parsons was unable to provide investigators with any contact information for the person she delivered Erica to. Casey stated she had been contacted by Irene Goodman through the social network "Facebook", but was unable to show this person to investigators on the social network website. Casey Parsons and her husband Sandy Parsons were unable to provide any known locations of the person they claim to hve delivered 13 year old Erica Parsons to. Erica Parsons was adopted by Casey and Sandy Parsons and they received financial aid from the State of North Carolina for Erica Parsons. Casey and Sandy Parsons admitted that this financial aid continues to come even though they admit to not having Erica Parsons since 2011. During the course of the questioning of Casey and Sandy Parsons about the whereabouts of Erica, Casey and Sandy became upset with the questioning and retained the services of an Attorney.

Probable Cause (Page 2):

During the course of the investigation Sheriff's investigators began speaking with other family members of Casey and Sandy Parsons concerning Erica Parsons. These interviews confirmed that Erica Parsons has been missing from this family since around Christmas 2011. Written and signed statements of more than five of these family members revealed a troubled relationship with Erica Parsons and Sandy and Casey Parsons. In these statements Erica Parsons is described as a very small for her age and rarely interacting with the family and extended family.

Several of these statements described Casey Parsons as abusive and described Casey telling family members that Erica was grounded or being disciplined for something. Erica was often made to stand in a corner while being punished. The family members stated Erica always seemed to be 'grounded" and never allowed to interact with the family. In a statement another child in the home told the family member that Casey took a toy gun and broke it while hitting Erica with the toy.

The child was upset because the toy gun was their favorite toy. This statement also stated that Casey Parsons told family members that she couldn't tolerate Erica, that she does not claim Erica as her daughter. In another statement investigators were told that Casey Parsons told a family member that she can't stand to look at Erica and said she reminds her of Carolyn and she hates Carolyn. These statements also described consistently seeing bruises and bumps on Erica's arms and legs that made them feel Erica was being struck by family members. Casey always blamed these marks on other children in the family.

That when Erica Parsons was six years old Casey Parsons called family members and asked them to take Erica because she couldn't stand to look at her. Casey brought the child to a family member's house to live and showed them bruises that were described as 'all over Erica's butt." This family member stated Casey Parsons said she lost control and beat her. Erica lived with this family member for about 8 months. This family member stated to investigators that Erica was very small and was in first grade and wore "3T" size clothes. While living with this family member Erica ate and played like normal and began to gain weight. While Erica stayed with this family they stated that Erica told them that Casey and Sandy hit her. This family member said that after about 8 months Casey Parsons came and took Erica back and stated she was afraid that DSS would find out she didn't have her and she was still getting money for her.

During the course of this investigation investigators spent time speaking with family members and searching for possible leads about the location of Erica Parsons. Casey and Sandy Parsons held more than one interview with the local news media. During these public news conferences this applicant noted that Casey Parsons often referred to Erica Parsons in the past tense when Casey Parsons stated "She was a teenager" and "She was with her grandparent." I found these statements to be inconsistent since the Parsons claim to have left Erica alive, well and happy with her biological grandmother.

In comparison Carolyn Parsons Erica's biological mother, also spoke to news Reporters by phone and spoke of Erica in the present tense as in one quote saying "She is my biological daughter, I want her to know that I do still love her." These statements were reported on television WBTV news on August 5, 2013. The choice of Casey and Sandy Parsons to not speak to investigators without an attorney and the decision to speak with television reporters seemed unusual.

That I made a check of the North Carolinas Department of Motor Vehicles and discovered Sandy Wade Parsons at 218 Miller Chapel Road, Salisbury had a 2005 Dodge Caravan displaying NC registration AHB1342. Signed: 13th day of August, 2013 at 1:55pm.

==========================================

ME HERE: Following the above is the list of Inventory seized from the home and I don't have that one typed up yet.

But what stuck out to me was a six year old still wearing size 3T !!!

I'm happy that the Parsons other daughter, Brook didn't jump on her parents bandwagon and lie about going with them to Asheville. It's also obvious to ME that Casey and her silent husband Sandy are using the son James as a deflective tool to make it look like this is all his fault.

Regarding the public school issue. It looks like when Casey gave this other family member Erica to live with her that perhaps she (the family member) is the one who put Erica into public school as it states here in this affidavit that she was in first grade when she went to live with them.

I don't know if the Parsons will still appear on the Dr. Phil show but I have it set up on DVR to record Tuesday and Wednesday just in case.

But here

It's Bostian (not Bastian) and I can assure that Erica absolutely did attend Rowan-Salisbury schools for a period of time. I don't know if the Rowan-Salisbury School System official spoken of in the Charlotte Observer article made an inaccurate statement to the writer(s) or if the writer(s) of the article misunderstood what the offical stated (i.e., maybe it was stated that Erica was not enrolled in the Rowan-Salisbury Schools System at the time of her disappearance), but Erica did in fact attend public school in the Rowan-Salisbury School System at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member