NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #9

Excellent point, Surfie. Throw all of the books at her!

Tee-Hee. :D I just can't help it, folks...

The Dept of Public Safety (prison) record has her "Previous Location" (from what prison/location) and "Last Movement" (to what prison/location)listed as "Not Public Information." They do list her "Last Movement Date" as 04/29/2016. Since the NC Prison system is responsible for each inmate at all times, they try very hard to have each inmate's location listed accurately -- for obvious reasons. So it looks to me like Amanda has left the building. Yes, a little field trip with the latest bling -- handcuffs and leg irons. :D

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

I, too, hope Texas throws the book at her so that, in essence, she ends up with concurrent sentences = life. I'm probably alone in thinking this, but have believed all along that she was the mastermind behind Laura's murder. She's a master manipulator and evil to the core. Glad to see that Texas will seek justice, too!

Boodles -- I totally agree with all that you just posted. I think Grant is/was a pompous, conceited azz, only caring about himself, but I do think possibly Amanda challenged him re getting rid of LJA and he was puffed-up enuff to do it with her help. They're equally guilty, IMO, and she should be doing LWOP. And yes, I think Texas would definitely want consecutive sentences. I hope the State of Texas is offended by what she did to their state, and I hope the sentences are tuff and long. Grrrrr.

I live in Kinston, NC. I did not know Laura and have no insider knowledge but I know people that went to church with her. I am glad to see that justice has been served in this case. I just recently discovered Websleuths last month and so I was only able to keep up via MSM. This website has killed my productivity level since I discovered it.

:wagon:

to

Websleuths,

:happydance:kbpirate !!!:happydance:

We're glad to have you with us!!

:thewave:

Did anyone happen to check out her infractions?
Guess she found someone to "get close to". Wonder if it was another inmate or a guard?
Ohhhhh Amanda, guess she is getting it while she can, since she will not have as much to offer when she finally gets out :giggle:

(OK, she won't be THAT old when she get's out, but I can enjoy it anyway, right? Maybe they will tack on some years in Texas!!)

Tee-Hee. :D I just can't help it, folks...

The Dept of Public Safety (prison) record has her "Previous Location" (from what prison/location) and "Last Movement" (to what prison/location)listed as "Not Public Information." They do list her "Last Movement Date" as 04/29/2016. Since the NC Prison system is responsible for each inmate at all times, they try very hard to have each inmate's location listed accurately -- for obvious reasons. So it looks to me like Amanda has left the building. Yes, a little field trip with the latest bling -- handcuffs and leg irons. :D

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Does anyone know any info about her next trial?
I would LOVE to watch it streamed. I listen to them at work now, I can't really enjoy them like I used to when I was home (WS, watching, interacting).
But it would be nice to try for old times sake if AH was shown :D

Did anyone happen to check out her infractions?
Guess she found someone to "get close to". Wonder if it was another inmate or a guard?
Ohhhhh Amanda, guess she is getting it while she can, since she will not have as much to offer when she finally gets out :giggle:

(OK, she won't be THAT old when she get's out, but I can enjoy it anyway, right? MAYBE they will tack on some years in Texas!!)

Oh no , don't say MAYBE ;) Say, "They will give her double what NC gave her" PLEASE , she should have gotten life, without a doubt!! She was equally involved with that more than brutal murder. I wish they would quit showing her old picture,and show us what a real hag looks like !!

I live in Kinston, NC. I did not know Laura and have no insider knowledge but I know people that went to church with her. I am glad to see that justice has been served in this case. I just recently discovered Websleuths last month and so I was only able to keep up via MSM. This website has killed my productivity level since I discovered it.

Kinstonian here too ;) hopefully for not too much longer !!! Welcome to WS and yes your productivity level does go down alot here, but, for me, I've learned more here I think than I learned in 14 years of school. I love WS !!!!!!

Me too! If I had known about it during the Caylee Anthony case I would have never left my computer.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I checked to see if AH was back in the Wake Co., NC, jail today, and her status is still "TEM ABSENT," which means she is not in that jail. I do not know how to check to see if she is incarcerated (lovely word, isn't it?!) in Texas or not. No idea what's going on over there. I'm going to dig a little, but will not have as much time as I would like to see what's what. She needs to be tried & convicted of 1st Murder in Texas asap. Grrrr.

If anybody knows anything, please give us a shout. :)

Welcome to our great group! Productivity? Forget about it once you get involved in cases on here, lol. I keep looking for the magic cleaning lady, organizer, and laundry person to no avail. All I get is further behind until I finally throw my hands up and bargain with myself! It is truly addicting and lately it seems we have horrific new cases weekly!

:welcome:

http://www.**************/3392251/a...y-found-in-texas-creek-on-tv-ones-for-my-man/

Amanda Hayes and her husband, Grant Hayes, were responsible for killing and dismembering the body of Laura Ackerson, the missing single mother of two boys from North Carolina five years ago in Texas. The case received nationwide attention, and this Monday night, TV One’s crime series, For My Man, will dramatize their case.

I can't find another MSM account of this TV Show.

I am sad I missed this article until after the airing of the story.

http://tvone.tv/23218/about-for-my-man/

“For My Man” is a true crime series that features the salacious and shocking stories of women who have been arrested for a crime they did in the name of love.

I really enjoy that show and channel. I had heard of this case before but there are others I never would have seen if not for that show and Fatal Attraction.

Not sure where to put this, but I want the folks to be aware of this, Mr. Grant Hayes's next move, from WRAL. Hayes & his attorneys think he should have a new trial...

New trial sought in Raleigh dismemberment murder

Raleigh, N.C. — Attorneys for a Raleigh man convicted in the 2011 death of his ex-girlfriend are seeking a new trial for him.

Attorneys state that Hayes received an unfair trial due to prosecutorial misconduct and ineffective assistance of counsel.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/new-trial-sough...ewsletter&utm_source=wral#fdysuZ6tdJPTgfLO.99

The two of them should be on death row. The murder and grisly disposal of the victim was one of worst I've read about. Dismemberment by a Skil reciprocating saw, body parts placed in ice coolers, body parts transported across state lines in a towed Uhaul trailer along with furniture, muriatic acid poured over the body parts, an attempt to possibly feed the body parts to wild pigs in a pigpen, and then ultimately the bagged remains were dumped into a pond/lake across the street from a relative of Amanda's.
ETA: I remember watching the two trials. So much evidence was caught on surveillance cameras. The coolers were brought into the courtroom as well.

I thought Grant already tried to appeal his case and was denied! :denied:

Maybe that was Amanda that was denied. Neither one deserve to have a retrial as they are both very guilty of killing Laura. imo

I guess Hayes's high-minded opinion of himself has not changed one bit. I cannot look at his face with that smug, slick smile on his so-pretty (he thinks) face. He thought so little of the mother of his two boys -- yes, just kill her, cut her up and dump her body parts in Texas. What a smart plan -- we'll never get caught. And now his parents, AFAIK, still have the boys to raise in what were planned to be, (I assume) their retirement years together. SMH.

Yes, I thought the evidence was solid, and there was a lot of it. From where did the new attorneys come? Assigned as appeal lawyers or what?? Grrrrrr.

Who are these "attorneys"? Who would defend this cretin?

It won't matter except to be a waste of taxpayer $$ if he is granted a new trial. There's no reasonable doubt to be had when you're found with a dismembered body which you transported around the country in a uhaul. It irks me that the woman murderer in this case (I can't even write her name, she makes me so sick), wasn't given a life sentence. She's as evil as they come and a danger to society.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back