NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #9

With you all the way, Boodles -- I don't know who the attys are -- the article didn't say -- and yes, what's-her-name is just as idiotic and repulsive as he is. Poor Laura never had a chance against the two of them -- she was only looking out for her babies -- she was getting things together for a much better life for the three of them -- I guess she somehow trusted that you-know-what that night and got into something she had no way of escaping.

Well, we'll see how far this gets -- I can't imagine (hoping not to jinx anything) that anything they present will merit attention or a whit of error-fixing due to anything done/not done on the part of the prosecution or the judge's rulings. Grrrrr.

And I haven't heard a thing lately about how what's-her-name is doing in Texas with the case there...

Rambling, it's early, please excuse...

Someone had mentioned that GH had already tried to appeal & was denied -- this is an article from March, 2015, that shows just that:

**************** Notice ***************** this is one year ago, not current news!!! ************* Notice*****************

Posted by WRAL March 3, 2015

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Court denies Grant Hayes' bid for new trial

Raleigh, N.C. — Grant Hayes, who is serving life in prison for the grisly 2011 death of his ex-girlfriend, Laura Jean Ackerson, has been denied a request for an appeal.Hayes claimed that jurors in his 2013 trial should not have heard testimony about a psychological report that offered a possible motive for the crime.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/court-denies-grant-hayes-bid-for-new-trial/14486871/#iCqXDMAKFCwLLddh.99

Someone had mentioned that GH had already tried to appeal & was denied -- this is an article from March, 2015, that shows just that:

**************** Notice ***************** this is one year ago, not current news!!! ************* Notice*****************

Posted by WRAL March 3, 2015

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

See. I thought I remembered him filing an appeal before. I guess I should have checked the thread.

I had forgotten about that appeal try & the denial -- glad you mentioned it. Oh, he gives me creeps big-time. Uggghhhh. Ick.

And another article -- Grrrr.

[h=1]Raleigh man seeks new trial after conviction for murdering ex-girlfriend[/h] By Alena Oakes Published: August 17, 2016, 4:31 pm Updated: August 17, 2016, 4:46 pm

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — The attorney for Grant Hayes is seeking a new trial for his client who was convicted of killing and dismembering his ex-girlfriend and the mother of his two sons.
http://wncn.com/2016/08/17/raleigh-man-seeks-new-trial-after-conviction-for-murdering-ex-wife/

I had forgotten about that appeal try & the denial -- glad you mentioned it. Oh, he gives me creeps big-time. Uggghhhh. Ick.

The Hayes couple make me sick for what they did to Laura Jean Ackerson! Laura was working so hard to get custody back of her 2 boys and almost had it. Such a sad case and such evil people! jmo

The Hayes couple make me sick for what they did to Laura Jean Ackerson! Laura was working so hard to get custody back of her 2 boys and almost had it. Such a sad case and such evil people! jmo

It is disgusting and infuriating trying to appeal this case. Laura's death is horrifying please lets all hope the appeal fails he should never be able to walk the streets ever again. He gave up his right to freedom when he did what he did.

Just out of sheer boredom & looking for a nutcase, I did an inmate search on Amanda Perry (Smith) Hayes to see if she is still in Texas -- and she is:

G6390004.jpg
NAME: HAYES,AMANDA PERRY
JAIL ID: P00206951
RACE: White
SEX: Female
ARREST DATE: 6/29/2016
BOOKING DATE/TIME: 6/29/2016 10:54 PM

FT. BEND COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICEHOLDOOCHOLD (DETAINER-RALEIGH,NC)XX$0.00$0.00
FT. BEND COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICEWARR14-DCR-065915DISTTAMP/FAB PHYS EVD W/INT IMP HUM CRPSF2U$5,000.00$0.00

http://www.ftbendjailinmates.com/

I wonder why they let her go to Texas so soon? How many years did she get in NC? I cant remember. I hope she rots in jail, of course she's probably doing favors for some. The sleaze bag she is.

Laura's case is one of the most horrific I have ever encountered and won't ever forget. I wonder how the boys are doing.

I wonder why they let her go to Texas so soon? How many years did she get in NC? I cant remember. I hope she rots in jail, of course she's probably doing favors for some. The sleaze bag she is.

I don't know how long she was in county jail before her trial -- of course she gets time served for the jail time -- but here are some of the particulars of her sentence:

[SIZE=+1]AMANDA P HAYES[/SIZE]
Total Incarceration Term: 16 YEARS 6 MONTHS
Conviction Date: 02/19/14Projected Release Date: 09/05/25
Primary Crime: MURDER SECOND DEGREE
Primary Crime Type: FELON
]Admission Date: 02/19/2014
]Current Location: NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION
]Previous Location: NCCI WOMEN[/TD]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For her full NC DPS record, see this link:
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Laura's case is one of the most horrific I have ever encountered and won't ever forget. I wonder how the boys are doing.
Me, too -- and I wonder how the grandparents are doing? Two little boys are a lot of work and expense, even for a young couple. I hope all is well and that the boys, especially the older one, have forgotten the craziness that swirled around them those months before the death & arrests. SMH. It's a tuff way to start out, and everybody in town knows all about the mess & horrors that happened. Let's hope it hasn't affected their acceptance in that small town. It's a story we see far too much -- one parent dead and one in prison for life. SMH.

Just out of sheer boredom & looking for a nutcase, I did an inmate search on Amanda Perry (Smith) Hayes to see if she is still in Texas -- and she is:

G6390004.jpg
NAME: HAYES,AMANDA PERRY
JAIL ID: P00206951
RACE: White
SEX: Female
ARREST DATE: 6/29/2016
BOOKING DATE/TIME: 6/29/2016 10:54 PM

FT. BEND COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICEHOLDOOCHOLD (DETAINER-RALEIGH,NC)XX$0.00$0.00
FT. BEND COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICEWARR14-DCR-065915DISTTAMP/FAB PHYS EVD W/INT IMP HUM CRPSF2U$5,000.00$0.00

http://www.ftbendjailinmates.com/

Has she been tried in TX yet?

I doesn't appear so from the info above -- if she had been tried and found NG, I don't think the charge would still be posted as her being booked, and her name wouldn't be still in the Inmate Search list; also she would be back here in the NC prison system. If she were found G in Tx, she would either be in a Tx State prison or a NC prison, seems to me. Don't know for sure, but that's how it looks to me.

I doesn't appear so from the info above -- if she had been tried and found NG, I don't think the charge would still be posted as her being booked, and her name wouldn't be still in the Inmate Search list; also she would be back here in the NC prison system. If she were found G in Tx, she would either be in a Tx State prison or a NC prison, seems to me. Don't know for sure, but that's how it looks to me.

I agree and what you said makes a lot of sense. I just wonder what is taking them so long to try her in TX. Maybe they are just holding her in county jail and that will be enough for them? Then they will send her back to NC. Who knows!

The ID channel will be covering the Laura Ackerson murder on "Betrayed" on February 8 at 10 pm eastern.

I "taped" it, and I am watching it now. It's pretty close to what I remember. At this point in the film, the Raleigh LEO's are on their way to Texas.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I just checked the Ft. Bend County Jail, and there are no changes to what I posted above in post #468.

And she is still listed as in my post #471, in the NC Dept. of Public Safety record.
"Current Location: NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION" meaning she is not housed in the NCDPS prison system at the time the inquiry was done. They never disclose where the subject is.

So, it appears that nothing has changed. I assume "Mrs. Hayes" is in jail awaiting trial in Texas...

I "taped" it, and I am watching it now. It's pretty close to what I remember. At this point in the film, the Raleigh LEO's are on their way to Texas.

Your post made me laugh, bordem. I can't bring myself to say I "DVRed" a show.

Just thought I'd check on our pal, Amanda Hayes, who is Guilty of 2nd Degree Murder of Laura Ackerson in NC. She's still not at home in her little cell here in NC. Apparently still in Texas.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back