NC NC - Marissa Carmichael, 25, met smn @ nightclub, called 911, left in a car with smn else, Greensboro, 14 Jan 2024

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
6f26a47e-78fb-4db3-90c0-80fca7c75588-large16x9_MKCSS2Capture.PNG

GREENSBORO, N.C. — A family is worried about a mother of five who went missing after attending a nightclub in Greensboro.

Police said 25-year-old Marissa Carmichael was reported missing on Sunday, Jan. 14.

More at Family searching for answers after mother of 5 goes missing in Greensboro.

So, Marissa met someone at the club, left with that person and then they've got into an argument. She called 911 saying that she's being robbed, got in a car with someone else and left.

Who was that second person? Is there video of Marissa getting in the car and leaving? This is not looking good. It's been a few days, where could Marissa be? I really hope that she's safe somewhere.

The whole "went to the case station, then calls 911 because she's being robbed" raised a flag for me personally. Why would she leave a club to go with someone do a gas station, was it her date? A rid home, that just stopped there? Court records just have her with one count of possession of a controlled substance but it's 5 years ago. If she was still uusing, could the side trip have been a purchase. Only a possibility, I know, but it crossed my mind. Register of Actions Found with full name search (middle name Kay from the Greensboro Crimestoppers missing person poster). Her Facebook Page No new photos in several years. Marissa Carmichael

The whole "went to the case station, then calls 911 because she's being robbed" raised a flag for me personally. Why would she leave a club to go with someone do a gas station, was it her date? A rid home, that just stopped there? Court records just have her with one count of possession of a controlled substance but it's 5 years ago. If she was still uusing, could the side trip have been a purchase. Only a possibility, I know, but it crossed my mind. Register of Actions Found with full name search (middle name Kay from the Greensboro Crimestoppers missing person poster). Her Facebook Page No new photos in several years. Marissa Carmichael
I agree, this is unusual. Perhaps someone was driving by and stopped to intervene seeing that Marissa was in trouble? But if so, where is she?

Thank you for posting this Guy, I am local and wondering why there has not been a search around the gas station area just in case? At night it has been in the teens temp wise.
This is not getting much news here. I had only seen one article online and it stayed up for one day. None of the other 2 news groups covered it yet.
No press conference, nothing. Does not seem to be any urgency. Maybe something is going on behind the scenes.

Channel 12 did have an interview with her mother and she said there has been a search every evening.
I will share the link as soon as they upload it to their site. It was brief and not much info.
I do not know how organized the search is but I am guessing it is the family and friends out looking.

Last edited:
It would help if someone said what club she was last seen. W. Market St. downtown Greensboro is a strip of bars and restaurants but not sure if she was in that direction. The Exxon Station is 5800 W. Market St.West of that area and maybe why she said she did not know her location.

Her family said she went out with friends to Greensboro Saturday and afterward rode with someone to a gas station, where she called 911 to report being robbed. Investigators believe she got into another car with someone else, and no one has reported hearing from her since.

(a journalist)

If the robbery happened at the gas station, there would surely be video of it from security cameras at the gas station.

If the robbery happened at the gas station, there would surely be video of it from security cameras at the gas station.
This is what I am thinking on how they knew she got into another vehicle after the 911 call. GPD are probably investigating and not ready to release any info yet for some reason.
I am hoping since there is no urgency on their part that this will have a good outcome.
Or worse, they have no idea about anything and why they have nothing to say right now.

Something is up with this case. I just saw an updated report (11pm news) on channel 45 with her mother and in the end the reporter stated GPD said they will not be sharing anymore info about this case.
They must have a reason, what? I do not know.
What would cause LE to make that statement?

Lets hope that it means she has been found safe
Wouldn't they inform her mother? Marissa has 5 children and one is disabled. I assume her mother and sister is caring for them although I am only guessing.
The only thing I can think that the police would not tell media is if she was in some kind of hospital situation but they would at least tell her mother.

This has a little more info in that she was at the club One17 lounge and then an after party at an Airbnb and then dropped off at Exxon on East Market Street.
Now this is what confused me , this article states East Market Street but the others say West Market Street.

GPD does say the case is ongoing and they are working day and night to bring Marissa home.
This also states last contact was a text message asking her mom for help at 5am.

Last edited:
Something is up with this case. I just saw an updated report (11pm news) on channel 45 with her mother and in the end the reporter stated GPD said they will not be sharing anymore info about this case.
They must have a reason, what? I do not know.
What would cause LE to make that statement?
It’s honestly for the best to control the wrong information getting out. There’s been a lot of confusion early on and the last thing they need is public interference. I believe they’re building evidence and will make an announcement soon

I think this is starting to get more attention. Finally channel 8 posted an article.

Please note that I stated a different Exxon address earlier because of what was in article. The updated Exxon is 809 East Market Street, Greensboro,NC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CriminalPineapple
Back