NC NC - Marissa Carmichael, 25, met smn @ nightclub, called 911, left in a car with smn else, Greensboro, 14 Jan 2024

We need so badly to remind young people not to leave without their friends, and to not leave their friends behind. Why did she leave the bar without her friends ? Did the friends let her leave because she was leaving with a person they all knew and trusted ?
Bolding mine.
Then it would seem the place to start, is talking to her friends ?
Sorry for Marissa's worried loved ones. :(

Thus article answers just about all of your questions. It’s very informative, the most I‘ve seen written about the events of that night and what followed. Also explains who called who and when.

Thus article answers just about all of your questions. It’s very informative, the most I‘ve seen written about the events of that night and what followed. Also explains who called who and when.

This paints quite a vivid picture. Sounds like "person c" knows where Marissa is...

ADMIN NOTE:

Although YES! Weekly is not MSM, we are going to allow this particular article on a thread specific exception. It serves the Triad (which includes Greensboro) and like podcasts where family or friends are interviewed, we will allow this because Marissa's mother has obviously been interviewed by the journalist. She is quoted extensively and sharing her knowledge of her daughter's case.

Last edited:
1707046342936.jpeg
Marissa's mother, Sara Carmichael said each day it becomes harder to understand how her daughter is still missing.

"It just still doesn't seem real and there's moments that it is too real," she said.

Family believe Carmichael was robbed, left at the Exxon gas station, and hitched a ride with someone else. Her mother believes surveillance video could clear up unanswered questions.

"I would like to see the video from the Exxon where she was taken," Carmichael said.

"There's no reason for her to leave, she would never do something like this. I know for a fact she would want to come home and be with her family and her children," sister Emma Villegas said.

At least a dozen people outside wearing orange, Marissa’s favorite color, showing her picture and handing out flyers in the neighborhood where she was last seen.
“I think she trusted the wrong person or it was something was set up to happen.”
SARA CARMICHAEL, MARISSA’S MOM
Marissa’s family told Greensboro police, that she went to the gas station after leaving a nightclub, while at Exxon, she called 911 and told dispatchers she was robbed. Since then, no word from the mother of five.

“They have never, not ever seen their mom and the first week or so, we were saying she is out of town, she is working, tried to keep them occupied,” Sara said. “Their mom is ever present in their lives so this is just not, it’s hard to know what to say to them or hold my composure.”

Wow, from the article posted up thread, this is the first time I've heard Person C was also at the Airbnb. It was also said earlier that he followed Marissa on social media. Was he at the Airbnb because of her or was it a coincidence?
I'm still confused on where Marissa was supposed to sleep/stay that night?
Why did Person B throw her out the car, tricking her to gain access to her phone?
I believe Person C knows more. I'm also wondering if he and Person B are engaged in some illegal business involving women.
I hope Marissa is found safe and soon.

At least a dozen people outside wearing orange, Marissa’s favorite color, showing her picture and handing out flyers in the neighborhood where she was last seen.

Marissa’s family told Greensboro police, that she went to the gas station after leaving a nightclub, while at Exxon, she called 911 and told dispatchers she was robbed. Since then, no word from the mother of five.

“They have never, not ever seen their mom and the first week or so, we were saying she is out of town, she is working, tried to keep them occupied,” Sara said. “Their mom is ever present in their lives so this is just not, it’s hard to know what to say to them or hold my composure.”
If you listen to the actual 911 call she never stated she was robbed. She stated some guy sent her into the store and then took off and her phone was in the car and she didn't know where she was at. Whether he knew the phone was left behind in the vehicle is unknown, but it sounds like a disagreement, not a robbery, in my opinion. She was told an officer would be sent to assist her, and she provided a description of her clothing so she could be identified. Then she went missing again. With who, or where, is the big question.

What a nightmare. With “person C” having been at the Airbnb, then at the Exxon to get her, then removing fliers but also at the motel… I would definitely say the trafficking angle in this case is real, and police need to act fast. Jmo

In a post shared to the Greensboro Police Department’s Facebook page, they shared that Wednesday marks one month since Marissa Carmichael, 25, was last seen. She was last seen on surveillance footage reportedly obtained by the police department at an Exxon on East Market Street.

"(Police) didn't even start doing anything until the middle of that week. By then I had already been to the Airbnb. I had already been to the Exxon (to conduct) my own investigation," Sara Carmichael said. "Now they're taking it serious, but those first few days are critical."

Sara Carmichael said that the family last saw Marissa was on Saturday, Jan. 13. They were with her all day, but since Jan. 14, her daughter -- an avid social media user -- has not been active on her accounts and her phone has been turned off.

According to Sara, on the night before her disappearance, Marissa told her sister Emma that she was going to the club. She reportedly asked Emma not to tell their mother because she didn't want her to worry.

Sara Carmichael said after talking to her daughter's friends, she learned that Marissa went to One17 SofaBar & Lounge, and then later went to an Airbnb for an after party, after which she was dropped off at the Exxon station.

"When I woke up around lunchtime, Sunday (Jan. 14), and she wasn't home, and then I found out she didn't go to work, and that's just not like her at all," she said when asked what prompted her to report her daughter missing. "She's always in touch with me. So, I had a feeling."

"(Police) didn't even start doing anything until the middle of that week. By then I had already been to the Airbnb. I had already been to the Exxon (to conduct) my own investigation," Sara Carmichael said. "Now they're taking it serious, but those first few days are critical."

Sara Carmichael said that the family last saw Marissa was on Saturday, Jan. 13. They were with her all day, but since Jan. 14, her daughter -- an avid social media user -- has not been active on her accounts and her phone has been turned off.

According to Sara, on the night before her disappearance, Marissa told her sister Emma that she was going to the club. She reportedly asked Emma not to tell their mother because she didn't want her to worry.

Sara Carmichael said after talking to her daughter's friends, she learned that Marissa went to One17 SofaBar & Lounge, and then later went to an Airbnb for an after party, after which she was dropped off at the Exxon station.

"When I woke up around lunchtime, Sunday (Jan. 14), and she wasn't home, and then I found out she didn't go to work, and that's just not like her at all," she said when asked what prompted her to report her daughter missing. "She's always in touch with me. So, I had a feeling."
Sounds like they identified and interviewed the man she left the gas station with after she talked to the police after her first ride took off without her but had her phone in his car. Hopefully that will give some useful information.

Snipped from article:
'She added that she also grew more suspicious about her daughter's whereabouts because she noticed missed calls from an unfamiliar number at around 5 a.m. and thought it could have been Marissa trying to reach her. However, when she contacted the number, she said she had a concerning conversation over text with someone who tried to reassure her that Marissa was OK.

"He told me Marissa's asleep. And then I said 'Let me speak to her.' And then he said well, 'she walked up to the store.' And then he just kept, you know, any reason to not get her on the phone," Sara Carmichael said. "So I said well what's the address that I can come or send somebody to get her, and the address that he sent me was a Sheetz store ... and she was not at no Sheetz, she was nowhere to be found."'

According to her family, Marissa had been at a nightclub before going to the gas station, where she called police to report being robbed.

"I don't know where I am in Greensboro. I just got all my stuff thrown out the car. He took off with my phone, and I have no clue where I'm at," Marissa told dispatchers in the 911 call.

According to her family, Marissa had been at a nightclub before going to the gas station, where she called police to report being robbed.

"I don't know where I am in Greensboro. I just got all my stuff thrown out the car. He took off with my phone, and I have no clue where I'm at," Marissa told dispatchers in the 911 call.

BBM I'm wondering why Marissa left her phone in the car.
Seems most people her age are permanently attached to their phone.

This isn't the type of woman to be trafficked..
She was already being jerked around by crappy dudes that night, the last of which sounds like a pimp. It’s not a terrible stretch and I certainly hope the cops are delving into that as she was possibly seen since at hotels. I’m certainly open to it as she might still be found alive. Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking
Back