NC NC - Marissa Carmichael, 25, met smn @ nightclub, called 911, left in a car with smn else, Greensboro, 14 Jan 2024

could have left to hook up, stopped at gas station for some dranks, it went left. who saw her get in a second car? i hope this isnt just coming from the first person she left with. cuz sus....
What's the chances, the guy who threw her out the car is also the same person she left the gas station with? He rethinks what he's done, drives to the only gas station he knows is open (or close by to where he put her out the car), talks to her and they leave together. She's upset about what happened, they argue more, and now she is missing.

Not any new info but family and friends out today searching. Media is keeping this in the news and I in my opinion only think GPD is not releasing any info to not hurt their case and media also not reporting any non verified info floating around for a reason. MOO.

I wish someone would help this family with representation with media and a search. Also advise on dealing with rumors and any info that should not be released.

I think GPD is not telling family anything because they do not want the info to get out. This is also why local msm is not reporting the rumors.
All my opinion and just speculating.

PHOTO: Marissa Kay Carmichael is pictured in an undated photo provided by the Greensboro Police Department.

She tells the 911 dispatcher that a man has asked her to pick up some things at the gas station but has driven off while she was inside and she has no way of getting home.

"I don't know where I am in Greensboro. I just got all my stuff threw out the car, he took off with my phone. I have no clue where I'm at. I have no numbers," Carmichael told the dispatcher.

Asked if she is hurt and needed an ambulance, Carmichael said "No, I'm not but I mean, like you told me to come into the store and grab some s--- and like, took off on me and I don't know where I'm at. I'm in the middle of Greensboro. He took my phone. I don't have my phone."

"I'm wearing some blue jeans and a white shirt with some yellow sneakers," she said, but added, "That's not gonna help my problem though, ma'am. I'm stuck all the way in Greensboro and I don't know where I'm at."

"In order for me to get back home, I don't have any of my contacts," she said

PHOTO: Marissa Kay Carmichael is pictured in an undated photo provided by the Greensboro Police Department.

She tells the 911 dispatcher that a man has asked her to pick up some things at the gas station but has driven off while she was inside and she has no way of getting home.

"I don't know where I am in Greensboro. I just got all my stuff threw out the car, he took off with my phone. I have no clue where I'm at. I have no numbers," Carmichael told the dispatcher.

Asked if she is hurt and needed an ambulance, Carmichael said "No, I'm not but I mean, like you told me to come into the store and grab some s--- and like, took off on me and I don't know where I'm at. I'm in the middle of Greensboro. He took my phone. I don't have my phone."

"I'm wearing some blue jeans and a white shirt with some yellow sneakers," she said, but added, "That's not gonna help my problem though, ma'am. I'm stuck all the way in Greensboro and I don't know where I'm at."

"In order for me to get back home, I don't have any of my contacts," she said
Did the dispatcher ask her to describe what she's been wearing? That's an unusual thing to just come out and say on your own.

I was wondering where she lived, she seemed like she was not familiar with the area.
HighPoint is not 25 min. South of GSO. It is about 15 min. South West of GSO.

It is obvious someone picked here up but who and where did they go? It could have been the same person who drove her to the gas station or someone who was already at the gas station.

The area around the gs was searched and I am going to assume there were cameras in the area so LE must know the car she was in Even if they do not have it on camera of her getting in.
This gs is busy late into the morning with younger people out after partying so there is usually GPD in the area answering numerous calls. I know this from listening to GPD broadcastify on weekends.
There had to be witnesses to her leaving even if it was in the back.
The reason why it took some time for GPD to get to the gs could be from high call volume and hers being lower priority. Just a guess.

I am going to assume GPD may have spoke to some witnesses at the gs that may have come forward. I bet they know who she left with and have questioned him but have little to go on or nothing for an arrest atm.

I am a little confused about the club to Airbnb to gas station timeline, one stated she went to the Airbnb twice. Another msm article stated she took a nap at the Airbnb and bedding might be what Investigators removed from there.

There had to be a few witnesses at the Airbnb as to what was going on with Marissa and I am assuming LE spoke to a few.
I had seen an interview on local news with her cousin stating he left her safe there.

GPD must have all of the info and some answers but not enough for an arrest atm. All we can really do is wait until we hear anything from GPD. Maybe more witnesses will come out after seeing it in the news.

There is also the hope she is alive and well and needed a break but I doubt she would do that to her family.

This is all speculation and not fact. The rumors are rampant on sm but I am not privy to that and would not trust anything but at least her story is kept in the news.

If we could get a better timeline of events of the night from either LE or MSM that would be helpful.
I feel GPD has something because if they had nothing they would be asking the public. JMO.

Articles for some of the info is in this thread. I am just thinking out loud.
I still think the family needs some kind of advisor to the media and to GPD. GSO has numerous activists that I am sure have seen the news so I am wondering why no one has stepped up to help.
If Sgt. Nix had not been murdered he would have been the one to help this family but that is another case.

Forgive my rambling.

Last edited:
Did the dispatcher ask her to describe what she's been wearing? That's an unusual thing to just come out and say on your own.
dbm.
I see what you are saying now, I misunderstood in my original post.

You are asking if Marissa was the one to give the description of herself or if dispatcher asked for one. I would think a dispatcher would ask what she was wearing in order for police to find her and help her at the location. Many customers at this time on weekends.

Last edited:
When the Greensboro police responded to the scene around 40 minutes later, the store clerk claimed Carmichael "had gotten a ride from another customer."

Officers visited One17 SofaBar and Lounge later that afternoon as part of the investigation. The bar, located less than a mile from the Exxon station, was the last place Carmichael's friends saw her, according to another 911 record.

The investigation at the bar uncovered new information. Carmichael's "friend called her mother at 5 a.m. saying there was an emergency, and then the line disconnected," the 911 record states. Carmichael could not be reached, but a male kept answering and "saying she went to the store."

"This is insane. Where is my sister?? She would never ever do something like this and if you know her, you know she wouldn’t," Emma Villegas, Marissa's sister, wrote on Facebook. "She needs to be found SAFE n SOUND NOW!"

When the Greensboro police responded to the scene around 40 minutes later, the store clerk claimed Carmichael "had gotten a ride from another customer."

Officers visited One17 SofaBar and Lounge later that afternoon as part of the investigation. The bar, located less than a mile from the Exxon station, was the last place Carmichael's friends saw her, according to another 911 record.

The investigation at the bar uncovered new information. Carmichael's "friend called her mother at 5 a.m. saying there was an emergency, and then the line disconnected," the 911 record states. Carmichael could not be reached, but a male kept answering and "saying she went to the store."

"This is insane. Where is my sister?? She would never ever do something like this and if you know her, you know she wouldn’t," Emma Villegas, Marissa's sister, wrote on Facebook. "She needs to be found SAFE n SOUND NOW!"

A bit more info in this report but I feel like the more I read the less I understand. I think I will go back to the beginning and reread.

5 kids by 25 isn't common. And I am by no means victim shaming, but when you see this, it's often multiple fathers, which can bring drama with the fathers, between the fathers, with the new significant others of the father(s). Again, I have people I love dearly who have lived a similar situation, so I'm not certainly shaming, either way this girl doesn't deserve anything bad and it's not a judgment on her character or parenting. But you see that drama too much with younger girls who have multiple kids relatively young. I just hope this is an angle being pursued.

We need so badly to remind young people not to leave without their friends, and to not leave their friends behind. Why did she leave the bar without her friends? Did the friends let her leave because she was leaving with a person they all knew and trusted?

Channel 45 just had another segment interview with Marissa’s sister.I can not link it at the moment if anyone else can, Thanks!
She is saying the police are not doing enough to find Marissa and they should be using helicopters and drones.

The main issue is is knowing where to start a search, she could be anywhere from the mountains to the beaches in NC or in another state. Police are continuing to work the case and that is what matters. GPD does not have the funds or manpower to search an area without any possibility or clue that she may be in that area.

I do feel for her family, the not knowing and her children needing her and her mother needing her. I am sure GPD are in contact with the family although not telling everything they know and for good reason.
Just because there is not boots on the ground and drones in an organized search does not mean they are not actively searching for Marissa.
I thing is it is great her face and story is staying active in the news.

Marissa’s newer Facebook (an older one was posted on page 1 of this thread):

Well that was very interesting!
Channel 45 had a report on the 11 pm news and gave 5 questions to them, 3 of which they could not answer as it is an active investigation.
(I will have the 5 questions posted when I can get the link)

The sister again criticized GPD in their search efforts stating “they are just driving around”
I personally feel the have no idea what investigators are doing behind the scenes so they think they are not actively investigating.
I feel they are thinking of Marissa’s disappearance as a case you usually see where there is some evidence of an area to search, search and rescue teams at the ready but that is not the case here so they are upset. This may be what they think all missing cases involve and that is just not true imo.

Family are having a march on Gorrell Street in the afternoon this weekend.

One of the questions asked was if an officer responded to the Exxon that morning.First said yes, immediately but later clarified an officer responded to the families call later that morning.
This question has not been fully answered by GPD yet.

Please pardon my not being able to link this channel 45 article and news segment at the moment, having issues with my Ipad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back