Netherlands Netherlands, Amsterdam center, whtmale, possible 20-30, doorway Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal, Sept.1986

The brows are filled in and there appears to be furrow shadows which have also been filled in that make them appear fuller than they actually are.
I wonder if this image was originally a B&W?

The brows themselves appear to be wirey, but who knows. (Maybe they did this because they thought he would be more "recognizable" than if the brows were unkempt)

Exactly what i asked/said a few posts ago: it looks a bit “colored in” as they did a long time ago with black&white pictures. So i don’t go with the specific colors while searching, but the way the face, nose, eyes, eyebrows etc are shaped. Some things change when you gain/lose weight, live rough or better than before, age or are wounded, but most of the times you can still see those shapes & the distance between for instance the nose & mouth, ears & eyes,…
I think, to give an example, that if Manuel is a match, his picture must be mirrorred/flipped, because i see similarities on “the wrong side of his face”, for instance his nose.
JMO

The brows are filled in and there appears to be furrow shadows which have also been filled in that make them appear fuller than they actually are.
I wonder if this image was originally a B&W?

The brows themselves appear to be wirey, but who knows. (Maybe they did this because they thought he would be more "recognizable" than if the brows were unkempt)
On the picture,it seems he had long eye lashes..
What is B&W?

My personal opinion is that there have been no manipulations of the image shown. I don't think it would be beneficial to alter a person's eyebrows making them bushier than they actually were. What would be the benefit making an unidentified person look different than they actually were? If anything, it's possible the eyebrows look like they have grit or dust in them making them coarse and heavy looking. Perhaps the coroner combed the brows to get rid of grit, sand or dust.

He looks well nourished without looking heavy. And the more I look at him, the younger he looks. He doesn't have any lines around his mouth or eyes, his lips are very youthful looking.

Do they even have the complete PM report? Did they even do a PM? It is very frustrating.

My personal opinion is that there have been no manipulations of the image shown. I don't think it would be beneficial to alter a person's eyebrows making them bushier than they actually were. What would be the benefit making an unidentified person look different than they actually were? If anything, it's possible the eyebrows look like they have grit or dust in them making them coarse and heavy looking. Perhaps the coroner combed the brows to get rid of grit, sand or dust.

He looks well nourished without looking heavy. And the more I look at him, the younger he looks. He doesn't have any lines around his mouth or eyes, his lips are very youthful looking.

Do they even have the complete PM report? Did they even do a PM? It is very frustrating.
I do agree, he looks so young, youthful.Well groomed,clean shaven.
Warm clothed,no coat?
No personal possessions,that we know of..or mentioned.

Just a picture!

Completely lost here, he could be from Belgium or maybe even The Netherlands,there are some gingers here also...who knows - how many foreigners have been working,during the 80ss?
We had so many people from Spain,English working,att .

It took 17 years to finally find,Corry van der Valk in Belgium.
She was a high class profile missing,very well known,because of her wealthy background and her family..

So it could be,that our John Doe found Amsterdam,was more local presumed..?!

In the area,where I grew up,we had a lot of English,Spanish, Turkish people working here,in the industry.
And I live in the East of the Netherlands,no big cities here!

Very frustrating,idd.Times when you had no cellphone,no internet,hard to track,maybe even missing report files got lost,or misplaced?
We even had closed borders in the EU.

I don't think they had any intentions, but I can tell those have been altered. I looks like they had a B&W which created dark shadows around the brow furrow. They then colored it reddish brown. I know, I dye my brows!

I see no skin under his brows.

I was thinking Richard Riquier might be a possible.

Richard Damasse Riquier

Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: April 17, 1973
Location Last Seen: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Description:
  • Date of Birth: 1952
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 180cm / 5 ft 11 in
  • Weight: 59kg / 130lb
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Nickname/Alias: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Unknown
  • Identifiers: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Riquier was last seen in Montréal, Québec on April 17, 1973. He has never been heard from again. He may be in a religious cult in the United States or in India, but his whereabouts remain unknown. Few details are available regarding his disappearance.

He is also listed here. Richard Riquier Service de police de la Ville de Montréal - SPVM

I send them a message on March 21, 2022 that the age mentioned (29) when missing in their file couldn't be correct because he was born in 1952. Also I talked about this possible match and send them the link of the Dutch police. Amsterdam - Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal | politie.nl *warning PM picture*

Richard would have been approx 34 in 1986, when this JD was found, so probably to old?

A very, very long shot (how would he have ended up as a John Doe in the Netherlands almost 20 years later?) but posting because the hair seems similar. Plus freckles.

526DMUK - Steven Paul Newing

(Part of the description. More at the above link.)

526DMUK.jpg
526DMUK1.jpg

Newing, circa 1969

Name: Steven Paul Newing
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: September 2, 1969
Location Last Seen: Fakenham, Norfolk, England, Unyed Kingdom.

Physical Description
Date of Birth: April 15, 1958
Race: Unknown
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Freckles, He had a birthmark across his bottom and carried the lasting scars of two childhood accidents: his elbow regularly came out of its joint and required hospital treatment following a fall and his teeth had been reset after he was kicked during a football match

Although i think Manuel Carvalho looks a lot like him, Jean Python - Switzerland - November 28, 1985 is also a possibility in my opinion.

2233DMCHE - Jean Python

What do you guys think?
I don't think it was Jean Python. Jean hard darker hair and from the other pictures I saw (that his family sent me), he doesn't look like this John Doe. I believe the Irish/UK lead is way more solid.

In august 2023 the Dutch police added a Dutch man, missing since 1992 in Russia, looking a lot like our Doe. It can’t be him, missing 6 years after our doe was found, but i thought it was worth mentioning due to the resemblance. Eelco Boonstra

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackburne
Back