NM NM - Guadalupe Co, WhtFem 17-25, UP17089, Killed on BD (11-Jul-78) by RLanphear, Jul'78

Has anyone ever found anything about Debbie Griffin? Not much turns up on Google and I never saw a photo.

The cops lost her guitar. Who knows where It is now. They didn’t bother looking for her identify back then so why would they keep her guitar. Sad all around. There are things about the new rendition that I like and things that I dont like. What I dont like is how they made her look like a druggie/transient. It bothers me.

This is so sad. Her poor mom. I’m sure she was worried sick about her daughter. She must have never been able to get over it if she knows that her daughter has lost contact since them. Sick animals, those two monsters that took her life are. She had a guitar on her. Maybe she was a street performer or busker. Maybe someone recognized her. She had a birth certificate on her. Sucks that it was thrown away. They really wanted to make sure her mom knew nothing of her daughter’s whereabouts. She had $1.50 in her purse. Maybe she used it to buy food. She knew she was going to hitchhike. Interesting that she went to visit her mom. Makes you wonder about her family life.

I was gonna do some sleuthing on Namus but I know you can’t search by date of birth for the missing persons. So there’s not really any way of telling. This girl’s one of my pet cases. As crazy as it is I’d call her a friend! :) I talk to her, tell her how much I care about her case and want to help her get her name back! I’m about the same age as her as I too am in my late teens.

I’ve had dreams about this girl. I see some Does from cases I focus on a lot in my dreams in hopes that they are ID’d. Even though we don’t know who she really is, in my dreams she calls herself Lisa, as that was just a super ultra common name the year that she was born, 1961. She also just looks like a Lisa to me. I know that is probably not her name but still. It would be crazy if I was right, huh?!

Okay, now on a more serious note. I think that these two are full o’ bull about not remembering the girl’s name. Normally I would say, hey, it was all the way back in 1978, they wouldn’t remember! But they absolutely did IMO.

These monsters got ahold of her birth certificate. They confirmed that they killed her on her 17th birthday because THEY SAW that date on the birth certificate. And I know damn well that they saw her name. Even if they could just give us a first name it would help. Because hey, most people introduce themselves with one name. I introduce myself like “Hey, I’m Emilia!” not “Hey, I’m Emilia MyLastName!” Unless I’m in a more professional setting.

The monsters got acquainted with her. They stopped for coffee and a bite to eat with her. They talked with her in the car. The girl told them about her guitar and how much money she spent on it. She told them where she was going and who she was going to see and why she was going to see her. She told them it was her birthday. She told them she was 17. The monsters got ahold of her stuff and looked at her birth certificate and they REMEMBERED that it was her 17th birthday because they confirmed it.

Whatever they’re claiming is a whole lotta bull. I know they definitely remembered her name. I don’t believe that this girl didn’t ever mention a name. They got acquainted enough with her that she probably introduced herself. And even if she was using an alias or something for privacy reasons, her real name is right there on that birth certificate. They knew so, so much about her yet not her name. I don’t believe that for a second.

It ticks me off to no end that they threw away her birth certificate. They threw away so much more. Her name. Her birthday. Her family. They threw HER!! away! These two are some of very few killers who really super ultra disgust me. Now of course all killers disgust me. But these two. I can’t even begin to describe them. Poor girl. Awful how she was treated after her death and in the last moments of her life.

And this one is for her: Dear GCJD, I think about you every day and I want you to know that. You may be unknown to us, but you are known. We love you and care so much about you. You’ve got hundreds, even thousands of people looking for your identity. You were loved in life, and even 45 years after your death you are still loved. I’m sure your mother is worried sick about you! I know how much she mattered to you, you probably mattered so much to her too. She loves you so much and so do we! Rest easy GCJD. Hoping that this is your year. The year we can say your true name.

Didn't GCJD have blonde hair and blue eyes?
Sheila's eyes and hair are brown
Yeah! I noticed that too. Also GCJD’s birth date has been confirmed. Sheila’s older than Jane by a good few years.

Next month will be 45 years this Jane Doe had her life brutally taken from her! In January 2022, I felt so confident that she would be identified. But still, the wait continues. And continues.

This case, in particular, weighs heavily on my heart. J.D., you'll never have people stop fighting for you. You will never be forgotten!! I pray 2023 is the year. You deserve the dignity of your name back. ❤️❤️

Next month will be 45 years this Jane Doe had her life brutally taken from her! In January 2022, I felt so confident that she would be identified. But still, the wait continues. And continues.

This case, in particular, weighs heavily on my heart. J.D., you'll never have people stop fighting for you. You will never be forgotten!! I pray 2023 is the year. You deserve the dignity of your name back. ❤️❤️
Man, if only her birth certificate wasn’t thrown away like trash! How awful. Her family must be worried sick! Since she would have turned 62 this 7/11, her parents may still be alive, in their eighties or nineties! :(

This message is for Ms. Jane “Guadalupe County” Doe as well, we will find your name and bring you home. I know you’re anxiously waiting up there, trust me we are too, but we’re doing everything we can. Nobody has forgotten about you after all these years. And happy early birthday and angel day by the way. :) You would have been 62 years old. Makes me wonder if some of your family is still out there. I’m sure your parents may still be alive, surely some siblings or cousins are out there looking for you!

You deserve dignity and most importantly your name back! Nobody deserves to be called “Doe” after death, we all have a unique name and identity, and especially 45 years after you were brutally taken from us, we still are out here searching for your name so we can speak it loud and proud when talking about you! Sadly, I’ve gotta go. Keep enjoying the afterlife, just focus on yourself right now while we focus on identifying you! Keep serenading your friends you made in heaven with your guitar skills! :)

We may have never known you in life but just like so many other Jane and John Does, after death you went from a stranger to a friend. We find all these clues about your life and learn so much about you, find ways we seem to connect with you, you tell us so much about yourself even from the fact you cared enough to call your mom on your birthday, letting her know you cared enough to do that. The fact you carried your birth certificate, you knew it was a scary world out here, so if anything happened to you someone could bring you home. But you still took that risk just to let your mother know it was your birthday and you were still there to tell her! The $1.50 in your purse and the guitar you carried around, I’m sure you were a talented musician by the way. :)

R.I.P. Jane Doe, 7/11/61 - 7/11/78, taken from us way too soon. Rest easy and may God bless you always.

I cannot believe it's another year of waiting, J.D. You are not forgotten and we'll keep fight to get your name back. ❤️ 2024

Although this comes from an unofficial source (the Jane Doe's facebook page), I personally know this to be reliable information, and I got the OK from Tricia Griffith to post it here:

Quote from the admin of the Guadalupe Co Jane Doe fb page:
In January of 2022 a woman named Rebekah contacted me regarding a post she had found detailing a brother and sister seeking information on their older sister who had run away in 1977 and was never heard from again.

This beautiful young woman was a "free spirit" and lived a "hippy lifestyle" according to her family. She was caucasian, had strawberry/blond ish hair and was born on July 11, 1961.

However, the family never reported her missing because she was a frequent runaway and that's just how It went in the 70's and 80's. Through no fault of this family, this woman was never reported missing, even to this day.

I am choosing to not release her name for the sake of the family. However, New Mexico has this information and the dna from the family. It is unclear if this Jane doe’s DNA is available to be compared to this family.

Miraculously, this woman's parents are still alive!

However, they don't have much time left and they deserve answers as to whether this Jane doe is their child or not.
I personally believe this is a VERY good match and It is likely this is her. It is in the hands of the cold case detectives of the NMSP and it’s a wait and see game. It’s already been two years since we made this information available to them. I hope we get answers soon
1fa77.png

Although this comes from an unofficial source (the Jane Doe's facebook page), I personally know this to be reliable information, and I got the OK from Tricia Griffith to post it here:

Quote from the admin of the Guadalupe Co Jane Doe fb page:
Thx @CarlK90245 So sorry her family has to endure this IMO so unnecessary waiting....I can't imagine how that must be for them. You wonder; Is there a huge backlog, lack of means or are there troubles with getting DNA from GCJD (sorry if I don't remember the details)?

Thx @CarlK90245 So sorry her family has to endure this IMO so unnecessary waiting....I can't imagine how that must be for them. You wonder; Is there a huge backlog, lack of means or are there troubles with getting DNA from GCJD (sorry if I don't remember the details)?
I believe it is just an issue with the State of New Mexico insisting on using their own governmental labs rather than any private labs. Notice you don't see very many New Mexico cases getting solved using IGG. (The only exception I can think of is the 1985 Dona Ana County Jane Doe - Dorothy Harrison)

I believe it is just an issue with the State of New Mexico insisting on using their own governmental labs rather than any private labs. Notice you don't see very many New Mexico cases getting solved using IGG. (The only exception I can think of is the 1985 Dona Ana County Jane Doe - Dorothy Harrison)

I agree with that statement. At this time, they have declined assistance from private labs. It's disappointing. The family deserve answers and JD deserves to go home!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back