NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been off for awhile, but I am checking in and I thinking about why Steven Koecher was in that neighborhood and craigslist keeps coming to mind for some reason. I have checked the archives for November and December of 2009 and nothing really jumps out at me, at least not at this point. However I did find some things that were interesteding.

There is an organization called www.craigscrimelist.com and they have a list of all the crimes which have occurred as a result of using craigslist over the past several years. There motto is, "Friends don't let friends use craigslist." Evidently there have been missing people as a result of using craigslist and quite a bit of human traffiking.

Megan Waterhouse went missing on June 6th 2010, who advertised on craigslist.

Henderson Nevada; December 2009 charged with the attempted murder of a man and murder of a woman that he met on craigslist. Michael Lane the accused was in customer before Steven Koecher when missing.

Since www.craigscrimelist.come keeps the archives of craigslist I am going to go through their archives to see if anything looks suspicious.

This effort on my part may turn out to be nothing, but I think it is worth checking out that Steven Koecher may have answered some ad on craigslist for a job.

It's worth checking into.

Kelly

As Believe09 says, it's been checked. SK's computer was combed through at least twice, and once by LE under a warrant. Absolutely nothing showed up that linked him to an unknown person.

As for craigscrimelist, it's easy to pull out all the crimes that occur in any venue and claim that a certain website is unsafe. ANYONE who advertises publicly for personal services (babysitting, massage, prostitution, dating) is putting themselves in danger.

I use craigslist a lot, for one reason: to give things away. I also donate a lot of goods to charity. I can tell you that the people who've come to our home via craigslist have been a lot less scary, than the people sent by the local charities.

The Today Show just did a story a few min. ago on Susan Powell...which included Steven. Steven's Dad was also included in the interview. No new info though.

The whole thing was weird...they talked about SK with Susan's parents, and the Natalie Morales didn't even ask about the circumstances around the SK disappearance. The Today Show showed quite a few pictures of SK. If you didn't see the interview...you should watch it. It's the most I have seen on national tv about SK.

I guess Susan's husband and his family has recommitted themselves to claiming Susan left with SK. They claim they have journals that police have not seen that tell about sexual desires, etc., that would be unbecoming to a mormon girl. The Powell family used the journals to support their claims that Susan left with SK.

Strange twist... But if SK if you are out there, you need to come around and tell the police he has no idea where Susan is and get the focus back off him and back on the husband!

As Believe09 says, it's been checked. SK's computer was combed through at least twice, and once by LE under a warrant. Absolutely nothing showed up that linked him to an unknown person.

assuming that is correct, it only says he did not specifically hook up that day. he could have met this person months earlier and they kept in contact by a prepaid cell phone that is totally off the radar screen.

assuming that is correct, it only says he did not specifically hook up that day. he could have met this person months earlier and they kept in contact by a prepaid cell phone that is totally off the radar screen.

True. And it could have been a phone call that has been identified between Steven and someone known to family/investigators. Knowing that a call occurred is fine. What was discussed during the call is still an unknown.

While it's true that the computer has been thoroughly checked, I think it would be a mistake to say that eliminates all online possibilities -- or even that that "absolutely nothing" is there. I still think it's possible that, after we find out what really happened, it will be something that makes us go, "Oh, so that's what that meant. D'oh!"

This just occurred to me. Does TH's company have an office where Steven might have had access to a computer?

This just occurred to me. Does TH's company have an office where Steven might have had access to a computer?

AFAIK, every business address TH has ever had, is residential.
So yeah, it's likely there'd be a computer - but would they allow their "flyer passer-outer guy" to use it to surf?

I think, if there's a clue, it'd have been on the library computer. But I doubt that LE checked the library computers.

While it's true that the computer has been thoroughly checked, I think it would be a mistake to say that eliminates all online possibilities -- or even that that "absolutely nothing" is there. I still think it's possible that, after we find out what really happened, it will be something that makes us go, "Oh, so that's what that meant. D'oh!"

....and we don't know what "the that" is ;)

But I know at least one independent person who's had access to his phone messages, and heard nothing clue-like. Just that last one, with GW, is intriguing - because it's a live conversation...and we have no way of knowing what was truly said.

AFAIK, every business address TH has ever had, is residential.
So yeah, it's likely there'd be a computer - but would they allow their "flyer passer-outer guy" to use it to surf?

I think, if there's a clue, it'd have been on the library computer. But I doubt that LE checked the library computers.

It sounded like TH was working out of his residence, but I wasn't sure. That would make it much less likely that SK had access to it.

I still think there's something really obvious whose significance we just haven't realized, but there's no way to know that before we know what it is :p

It sounded like TH was working out of his residence, but I wasn't sure. That would make it much less likely that SK had access to it.

I still think there's something really obvious whose significance we just haven't realized, but there's no way to know that before we know what it is :p

To me, it would be in the GW-SK phone conversations that last week.
Lots of back and forth, then suddenly nothing after SK walks away from the car.

:twocents:

I think found this on WS

Google//Writer Evan Ratiff tried to vanish, heres what happened Wired.com Oct 09

It is a very interesting piece that outlines all of the tactics and equipment he used. It was actually a contest. Cool stuff...I find the part about a office in the Whitney ranch area very interesting.

I think found this on WS

Google//Writer Evan Ratiff tried to vanish, heres what happened Wired.com Oct 09

It is a very interesting piece that outlines all of the tactics and equipment he used. It was actually a contest. Cool stuff...I find the part about a office in the Whitney ranch area very interesting.

Do you have a URL that states that Ratiff's office was in Whitney Ranch?

ITA. The person with the answer could be someone that you would expect Steven to have contact with in whatever form. It wouldn't raise any red flags. Especially by phone because we do not know what the conversation was. It could even be someone who was trying to help Steven by referring him to an old employer but had long since lost their phone number. Hey Steven, go to this address, knock on the door and ask for so and so. They'll put you to work. After finding out Steven went missing, the referral might be scared to death to come forward. Or doesn't care and wants to stay out of it.

I saw that story featured on a television show. it bears NO semblance to anything like a person really trying to hide.

there was a bounty put out there for people to find him and he purposely left some clues such as logging into KNOWN accounts he had so sleuthers could figure out what city he was in at that time.

anyone tyring to hide for real would not do anything like that. while I suppose reward money could be considered a bounty, the family never let anyone know what email addresses or other login IDs Steven had so it's not like we could find them if we wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member