NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to spit something out that's been stuck in my head for months. Not that it means anything just throwing it out there. I know google maps are a couple of years old. Months ago we were discussing the fence hopping trashcan inspecting incident. Something about the house or the one next to it struck the person as odd and needing closer looking at. Renters that moved out after Steven went missing? A woman across the street said there was alot of visitors? Anyways, on Google maps sattelite images one of those houses has several white vans. Look to be commercial type like carpet cleaning. It always stuck with me since Steven was looking for a job that maybe he went there.

Ok, that's all, sorry for the ramble.

I know I don't post much but I have tried to follow Steven's case very closely since the beginning. I have read through the threads and looked over laytonian's timeline more than a couple of times. I know all of you are much more advanced at this than I am and I'm sure these ideas have been talked through time and time again, but I can't get it out of my head that SOMEONE in that neighborhood knows something. I can't fathom that Steven randomly chose that spot to leave his car and walk away from his life. IF he walked away from his life, I think someone was in that neighborhood waiting to drive him away and that is why he chose that spot. Is there another way out of the neighborhood on Evening Lights other than the way Steven walked down it? I'm thinking if he did walk up to a car and get in and they drove off, it would have been on Mr. Security's cameras.

I dunno...just my thoughts.

MOO

The way Steven walked, is not how you get out of the neighborhood. There's really only one entrance/exit: Laurel Heights. The gate he parked by, could be opened to allow egress through the other neighborhood.

But it's only a short walk up that street, then you're on Portsmouth. It's a big neighborhood of about 200 homes, ONE "good" place to park that's not in front of a home, and only one entrance.

Steven could have walked to any of 200 homes in Overlook Village.

BUT...you reminded me of some things I forgot to mention:

You know how we see the walking figure cross the street? There's actually an explanation for it: the curvature of the street is much "tighter" than it looks like on the satellite view.

We parked where Steven did, and walked east on Savannah Springs - then turned north on EL. It's just natural to walk across the street there, because the road curves in that direction. We did the same, and so did the dog. You just cross the street, or hang tight to the left side of the street. We crossed.

ALSO:

When you're driving on Savannah Springs, it's downhill. Not steep, but significant. That accounts for the cars' speed as they approach the corner, and their hesitation at the significant dip that's suddenly in front of them.

I dunno.

I know I don't post much but I have tried to follow Steven's case very closely since the beginning. I have read through the threads and looked over laytonian's timeline more than a couple of times. I know all of you are much more advanced at this than I am and I'm sure these ideas have been talked through time and time again, but I can't get it out of my head that SOMEONE in that neighborhood knows something. I can't fathom that Steven randomly chose that spot to leave his car and walk away from his life. IF he walked away from his life, I think someone was in that neighborhood waiting to drive him away and that is why he chose that spot. Is there another way out of the neighborhood on Evening Lights other than the way Steven walked down it? I'm thinking if he did walk up to a car and get in and they drove off, it would have been on Mr. Security's cameras.

I dunno...just my thoughts.

MOO

It's possible. But Evening Lights goes into a curve not far past Mr. Security's house, so unless Steven got into a waiting car pretty much across the street, it wouldn't show up.

If you go all the way down EL to Portsmouth whatever, and continue going, you will hit Laurel Heights again and could exit the same way you came in.

If someone followed him there so he could ditch the car and they could take off, I think they would have just pulled up behind him or along side him. Out of one car, into the other and off they go. He never would have appeared on the camera walking down EL.

I have to believe his ride was waiting at one of those houses on EL, if there was a ride.

I just wanted to spit something out that's been stuck in my head for months. Not that it means anything just throwing it out there. I know google maps are a couple of years old. Months ago we were discussing the fence hopping trashcan inspecting incident. Something about the house or the one next to it struck the person as odd and needing closer looking at. Renters that moved out after Steven went missing? A woman across the street said there was alot of visitors? Anyways, on Google maps sattelite images one of those houses has several white vans. Look to be commercial type like carpet cleaning. It always stuck with me since Steven was looking for a job that maybe he went there.

Ok, that's all, sorry for the ramble.

As I remember, that was 2260 EL (the home owned by the SD family, who moved to another location within Anthem). For one reason or another, that home has attracted attention above all others.

The traffic in and out.
The moving out of the neighborhood..but to a nearby home.
Only people not part of the neighborhood watch.
Renting out the home, but not the casita.
Carpets being cleaned.
The Dragan Rnic disappearance, a week before SK disappeared. Linked?

I think the white trucks were construction people. I just clicked on the neighborhood satellite view, and it appears updated. No white trucks.

The large home at the corner of EL and Portsmouth was built in 2005, according to the for sale flyer we looked at today; on the previous map with the white trucks, it's under construction.

Click here for an older view, courtesy of Bing Maps.

If you zoom in on that one, the houses disappear!

On the northwest corner of Mr Security's home, is a piece of equipment that looks EXACTLY like the two cameras on the front of the home. If it's a camera, it would have captured Steven's car parking, and whoever got out of it.

Maybe he was "Appalled" by all the sleuthers, gawkers, press people, snoops, gossips and curiosity seekers who innundated the neighborhood that he put the extra camera on AFTER the fact.

As I remember, that was 2260 EL (the home owned by the SD family, who moved to another location within Anthem). For one reason or another, that home has attracted attention above all others.

The traffic in and out.
The moving out of the neighborhood..but to a nearby home.
Only people not part of the neighborhood watch.
Renting out the home, but not the casita.
Carpets being cleaned.
The Dragan Rnic disappearance, a week before SK disappeared. Linked?

I think the white trucks were construction people. I just clicked on the neighborhood satellite view, and it appears updated. No white trucks.

The large home at the corner of EL and Portsmouth was built in 2005, according to the for sale flyer we looked at today; on the previous map with the white trucks, it's under construction.

Click here for an older view, courtesy of Bing Maps.

If you zoom in on that one, the houses disappear!

Yep - and they're asking $850,000 for that house. It's lovely, but we ARE in a recession and this city has been decimated by it.

But, I digress. Laytonian is right, I can't believe there would be any shenanigans going on around there that wouldn't be noticed and reported in short order. Even Steven's car being parked where it was. While it was "out of the way," it would have been noticed for sure. I really wonder how soon it was reported. There is not a hair out of place there - so to speak.

I've been out there 3 times now and today was the first time I actually saw another human outside on foot. Though every time I've been there, I have imagined folks looking out their windows.

I've been out there 3 times now and today was the first time I actually saw another human outside on foot. Though every time I've been there, I have imagined folks looking out their windows.

....looking out, and being Appalled.

I'm surprised the patrol didn't rush up and arrest my dog for answering nature's call....all over the place ;)

Maybe he was "Appalled" by all the sleuthers, gawkers, press people, snoops, gossips and curiosity seekers who innundated the neighborhood that he put the extra camera on AFTER the fact.

Heh. But unless he's craft, he's not Appalled. ;)

Yep - and they're asking $850,000 for that house. It's lovely, but we ARE in a recession and this city has been decimated by it.

But, I digress. Laytonian is right, I can't believe there would be any shenanigans going on around there that wouldn't be noticed and reported in short order. Even Steven's car being parked where it was. While it was "out of the way," it would have been noticed for sure. I really wonder how soon it was reported. There is not a hair out of place there - so to speak.

Both the fact that they waited several days and then that they didn't report it to police but instead tried to contact Steven through the fliers have always made me wonder whether they were used to seeing that car parked there for a couple of days at a time.

Thanks guys! The map I looked at was one on EL and it had the vans in the driveway and one on the street directly in front. The houses were all built and completed. My luck that the old map is gone.

Thanks guys! The map I looked at was one on EL and it had the vans in the driveway and one on the street directly in front. The houses were all built and completed. My luck that the old map is gone.

No worries, SuziQ. Life goes on.

There really is nothing amiss in this neighborhood. At least from the outside. Really. Twilight Zone is the perfect way to describe it.

Both the fact that they waited several days and then that they didn't report it to police but instead tried to contact Steven through the fliers have always made me wonder whether they were used to seeing that car parked there for a couple of days at a time.

....or ANY car.

Which begs the question: if it happened regularly, someone had to notice which home people were parking and walking to.

Like Fairy1 said....you get the feeling they're peeking out the window at you. Sterile, clean, the only thing marring the perfection are the dark tire tracks on the white driveways.

....or ANY car.

Which begs the question: if it happened regularly, someone had to notice which home people were parking and walking to.

Like Fairy1 said....you get the feeling they're peeking out the window at you. Sterile, clean, the only thing marring the perfection are the dark tire tracks on the white driveways.

Well, that would be something to know - if there were cars parked there regularly - and where their occupants were headed.

I've been out there 3 Sundays and have never seen another car there. Today is the first time I saw a car parked on the street at all - that was a good way up Savannah Springs.

this is just my opinion but I think it does everyone a huge disservice to link even for discussion purposes these totally different cases.

if and when someone is eventually prosecuted for Susan's murder (women with children almost never flee without them, yes a handful do but extremely rare) assuming no body is found, all the defendant's attorney would have to do is to raise enough doubt in the jury's minds (probably a Mormon majority jury to boot) that __________ did not murder Susan, she ran off with fellow Mormon Steven Koecher and they are alive and happy together.

I can't control what people want to believe. there is no reason in the world why Susan Powell would run off with jobless and penniless Steven Koecher. I have not followed her thread but wasn't there a little problem with blood and missing carpet in the house? if I'm wrong please correct me. if I am not wrong, it does not sound like she made it very far for this fairy tale rendezvous.

It was never confirmed by LE what the spot consisted of, but was said to be 2' in diameter and LE took approximately half of the carpet in that room. None was missing prior to LE taking it that IR. We have to remember too, that most of what we have available to us in Steven's case has not been confirm by LE either....so it allows for speculation as she said, he said, etc.

Steven must have had a passport from before, when he was a missionary, so this must mean he had recently renewed it?

Interesting that he didn't have money for rent and a sparse pantry, but he had money for gas and to renew a passport for a trip he apparently could not afford?? Normally a person spends on what they deem is important to them. JMO

I have been off for awhile, but I am checking in and I thinking about why Steven Koecher was in that neighborhood and craigslist keeps coming to mind for some reason. I have checked the archives for November and December of 2009 and nothing really jumps out at me, at least not at this point. However I did find some things that were interesteding.

There is an organization called www.craigscrimelist.com and they have a list of all the crimes which have occurred as a result of using craigslist over the past several years. There motto is, "Friends don't let friends use craigslist." Evidently there have been missing people as a result of using craigslist and quite a bit of human traffiking.

Megan Waterhouse went missing on June 6th 2010, who advertised on craigslist.

Henderson Nevada; December 2009 charged with the attempted murder of a man and murder of a woman that he met on craigslist. Michael Lane the accused was in customer before Steven Koecher when missing.

Since www.craigscrimelist.come keeps the archives of craigslist I am going to go through their archives to see if anything looks suspicious.

This effort on my part may turn out to be nothing, but I think it is worth checking out that Steven Koecher may have answered some ad on craigslist for a job.

It's worth checking into.

Kelly

The Today Show just did a story a few min. ago on Susan Powell...which included Steven. Steven's Dad was also included in the interview. No new info though.

I have been off for awhile, but I am checking in and I thinking about why Steven Koecher was in that neighborhood and craigslist keeps coming to mind for some reason. I have checked the archives for November and December of 2009 and nothing really jumps out at me, at least not at this point. However I did find some things that were interesteding.

There is an organization called www.craigscrimelist.com and they have a list of all the crimes which have occurred as a result of using craigslist over the past several years. There motto is, "Friends don't let friends use craigslist." Evidently there have been missing people as a result of using craigslist and quite a bit of human traffiking.

Megan Waterhouse went missing on June 6th 2010, who advertised on craigslist.

Henderson Nevada; December 2009 charged with the attempted murder of a man and murder of a woman that he met on craigslist. Michael Lane the accused was in customer before Steven Koecher when missing.

Since www.craigscrimelist.come keeps the archives of craigslist I am going to go through their archives to see if anything looks suspicious.

This effort on my part may turn out to be nothing, but I think it is worth checking out that Steven Koecher may have answered some ad on craigslist for a job.

It's worth checking into.

Kelly

Welcome back Kelly-there was an extensive search of SK's laptop. IIRC nothing was found that would lead them to believe he had any encounters with anyone as a result of connecting via the WWW. The other speculation concerned the library computers near his home. He had checked out some library books and certainly could have used those computers to conduct whatever business he had.

Regarding the passport-it is almost a moot point IMO because it was found in his drawer.

The Today Show just did a story a few min. ago on Susan Powell...which included Steven. Steven's Dad was also included in the interview. No new info though.

TY MB. I am so glad SK's case is getting some publicity at least, even if it is a nonsensical (IMO) as the two of them running away together. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn