NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean she was found safe and returned home to her family? I'm glad your loved one is home with you now.

Salem

I just want folks to know that what most are doing here is important...and to "keep the faith". I was lucky to not have to find a killer...she was brutaly attacked and survived. Even with skills aquired over the years working for private detectives along the west coast I saw that things were not right...but didnt listen to my intuition. I can't go back but I hope I can help in the future.

I didnt go out looking to find missing person...intuition is telling me to look closely... I hope for Stevens family the feeling I got yesterday with my family.

IF, Steven really did walk away, perhaps he's given himself a one-year timeline to do....whatever he's been doing???

It's coming up fast.

I think if he disappeared on purpose, it was for a life other than he'd been living. Erick Wales was somehow "located" (Mexican arrest, contact with parents?)....but he doesn't want to be found. He wants to maintain his current life in another country.

Obviously, something his parents would disapprove of...even though Erick was described as religious and straight-arrow.

Like Naegle said, about Steven disappearing: if he did, it'd be easier to carry off, the longer he was away (paraphrased).

I think if he disappeared on purpose, it was for a life other than he'd been living. Erick Wales was somehow "located" (Mexican arrest, contact with parents?)....but he doesn't want to be found. He wants to maintain his current life in another country.

Obviously, something his parents would disapprove of...even though Erick was described as religious and straight-arrow.

Like Naegle said, about Steven disappearing: if he did, it'd be easier to carry off, the longer he was away (paraphrased).

Who knows why Erick left his life? Maybe he didn't approve of the way his parents lived their lives? At least he left a note. Whether they wanted to accept it or not, he did leave one. I don't suppose it told them where he was going, but at least he didn't vanish into thin air.

Who knows why Erick left his life? Maybe he didn't approve of the way his parents lived their lives? At least he left a note. Whether they wanted to accept it or not, he did leave one. I don't suppose it told them where he was going, but at least he didn't vanish into thin air.

I have occasionally wondered if Steven left a note in his car or apartment that wasn't recognized for what it is. Written on the back of a receipt that wasn't turned over, or phrased cryptically, or just scooped up with the other papers, or...

I have occasionally wondered if Steven left a note in his car or apartment that wasn't recognized for what it is. Written on the back of a receipt that wasn't turned over, or phrased cryptically, or just scooped up with the other papers, or...

That could be - even in his car. I don't think they really knew what to be looking for when they did go through the car or the things in his room.

The location is described as "desert area". Looks to me like it's practically IN town....in a small, undeveloped area surrounded by urbanization, right off I-15. MAP (zoom in to see the "desert", but first look at how it's not exactly out in the hinterlands of Nevada).

If you believe Steven's hangin' out in Vegas, that's a homeless camp of interest.

Maybe even a hand-drawn map to SCA.

If he disapproved of his parents, he wouldn't have to disappear. But a young man described as a religious straight-arrow WOULD have to disappear if his parents disapproved of an alternative lifestyle.

Sounds like Wales did a 180, in another country (like Mexico, which is close to San Diego). Note that Wales' brother doesn't live near his parents, either -- but is in San Francisco.

Steven could have also crossed the border.

The location is described as "desert area". Looks to me like it's practically IN town....in a small, undeveloped area surrounded by urbanization, right off I-15. MAP (zoom in to see the "desert", but first look at how it's not exactly out in the hinterlands of Nevada).

If you believe Steven's hangin' out in Vegas, that's a homeless camp of interest.

There's that dang Russell Road again!

They are investigating it as a homicide.

If he disapproved of his parents, he wouldn't have to disappear. But a young man described as a religious straight-arrow WOULD have to disappear if his parents disapproved of an alternative lifestyle.

Sounds like Wales did a 180, in another country (like Mexico, which is close to San Diego). Note that Wales' brother doesn't live near his parents, either -- but is in San Francisco.

Steven could have also crossed the border.

Could be, but if someone wants to distance him or herself from their current life, who can say why?

I was looking at a UID case yesterday and one of the possible matches was a young attorney who had gone missing out of the blue. He had always been a very straight arrow - class president in H.S. and college. Very conservative in dress and in lifestyle. Turns out he developed a drug problem later on - which he seemed to have overcome. Enough to finish law school and go into practice. Then....poof! Gone. No wife or children. He just was playing racquetball, then he was gone. Who could possibly guess why?

Sometimes, I think it's obvious. Sometimes it just isn't. Some people keep secrets. Some keep their thoughts and feelings to themselves.

Personally, I can speculate, reason, look at signs. But I just don't think we can really know what's in the mind of another.

There's that dang Russell Road again!

They are investigating it as a homicide.

"Las Vegas police Lt. Steve Herpolsheimer said a homeless person with a cell phone :banghead: called police around 2 p.m. to report a person down in the area." Source: LVRJ.com.

(BBM)

Excuse me.
Where does a HOMELESS PERSON plug in a cell phone charger?

"Las Vegas police Lt. Steve Herpolsheimer said a homeless person with a cell phone :banghead: called police around 2 p.m. to report a person down in the area." Source: LVRJ.com.

(BBM)

Excuse me.

Great question! WTH?

(BBM)

Excuse me.

Usually they're stolen or missing phones -- people pick them up, use them until the battery runs out, and then throw them away.

Great question! WTH?

I once caught some "homeless guys" that were stealing metals from a construction site. I tracked them to a bridge over a slough were the blackberrys were so thick you would never think there was anyone there...I found the front door in the brush. 3 guys under a bridge had pig-tailed off the wires on the Bridge and had a heater and TV it was pretty cozy...I didnt turn them in but they never stole from our client agian...that was before cell phones as we know them today. Not all homeless are broke. if you have car you can charge from 12 volt, go to the library...building codes require outlets just about everywhere. Being homeless does not mean you don't work,or have family. Sometimes ya have to stop and look outside of the box and you will see things alot of folks don't...if you are "homeless" you might be living in the box and most likely seeing things alot of people are not.

I once caught some "homeless guys" that were stealing metals from a construction site. I tracked them to a bridge over a slough were the blackberrys were so thick you would never think there was anyone there...I found the front door in the brush. 3 guys under a bridge had pig-tailed off the wires on the Bridge and had a heater and TV it was pretty cozy...I didnt turn them in but they never stole from our client agian...that was before cell phones as we know them today. Not all homeless are broke. if you have car you can charge from 12 volt, go to the library...building codes require outlets just about everywhere. Being homeless does not mean you don't work,or have family. Sometimes ya have to stop and look outside of the box and you will see things alot of folks don't...if you are "homeless" you might be living in the box and most likely seeing things alot of people are not.

Good points. Thanks.

This story has a good picture of the area - looks like just across I-15 from the Luxor:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/nov/27/police-body-found-near-russell-road-west-i-15/

I haven't found any real updates today.

Me neither.

Looks like they took the picture at an angle, though -- because that sure looks like Mandalay Bay's parking terrace to me (which IS directly across from the middle of the vacant area). MAP.

Across the freeway, it's a different world. Like tourists won't go there, or the land is somehow over-valued. With plug-ins for the homeless ;)

Me neither.

Looks like they took the picture at an angle, though -- because that sure looks like Mandalay Bay's parking terrace to me (which IS directly across from the middle of the vacant area). MAP.

Across the freeway, it's a different world. Like tourists won't go there, or the land is somehow over-valued. With plug-ins for the homeless ;)

It is at an angle. You can actually see part of Mandalay Bay - it's right across the street from Luxor and they are connected above the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holliday3