NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping for Steven. Steven, you've been gone almost a year now, where are you???

A couple of things from yesterday:

Right near the Overton exit off I-15, there are two significant things:
1 - A hill that has TWO cell towers on it, as well as other communications towers.
2 - A pull over/rest zone for truckers/freeway travellers. Well-marked in avdance.

Seeing those two so close together, makes me wonder if SK pulled off the freeway on Dec 12th, to check his messages. I now highly doubt if he actually drove in to Overton - where another tower is so far away and close to Lake Mead.

ALSO:
The Shell Station in Mesquite (where the Dec 12th receipt comes from), is a combo "Green Valley Grocery" and gas station.

Josh Powell claims wife ran off with missing Utah man
December 4th, 2010 @ 10:00pm
By Paul Koepp

WEST VALLEY CITY -- Just in time for the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell, her husband is apparently floating a theory that she ran off with a St. George man who went missing around the same time.

snipped -

Rolf Koecher, Steven's father, said West Valley and St. George police met to see if they could find any connection between the two cases, but found none. "We don't think there's a link," he said. "We're not mad at (the Powells), but we don't agree with what they're saying."
Rolf Koecher noted that investigators checked airline records because his son had recently obtained a passport, but they uncovered no evidence that he had left the country, and the passport was later found buried in a clothes drawer.
He said his own theory is that his son was lured by something, perhaps a job opportunity, into the Henderson neighborhood where a security camera caught him walking the day he disappeared -- and that something then went terribly wrong. The family does not have anything planned for the anniversary of Koecher's disappearance but still hopes someone will come forward with helpful information, he said.

snipped -

An interview with the Koecher family will be broadcast Monday on the Today Show.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13530686

Much more at link..........

TY Crocus-I think this is ludicrous. Their common connection is their religion? Clearly Josh has been reading here....and he is trying to find his patsy.

head shakin.

Ludicrous is right. From the same article link above:

Included in the material posted on Josh Powell's website is a rambling, nine-page report written by his father, Steven Powell, outlining why Susan Cox Powell may have left and by what means she and Koecher could have traveled to Brazil. The report states he started researching the Koecher case in February.
"The more I read about him, the more I learned about him, and the more I looked at the timeline for him during the week of Susan's disappearance, the more convinced I became that the Koecher and Powell disappearances were related," Steven Powell wrote.
He said he shared his speculations with the FBI and police in West Valley City, St. George and Henderson.

And here's another article that came out about Josh Powell today. I know this is Steven Koecher's thread - but given that Josh and daddy are linking him with Susan's disappearance - I wanted to put the link here too.

Life is under a microscope for Susan Powell’s husband
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Published Dec 5, 2010 01:01AM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50706609-76/powell-josh-susan-thomas.html.csp

And this is the link to Josh & his daddy's blog page with reference to Steven Koetcher:
http://susanpowell.org/Pages/Respon...-Parallel-Utah-Disappearances-Connection.aspx

Make sure to click on & read Josh's "parallel" links at the very bottom of the page.

<snipped to remove most of the nonsense>
Rolf Koecher noted that investigators checked airline records because his son had recently obtained a passport, but they uncovered no evidence that he had left the country, and the passport was later found buried in a clothes drawer. [/B]

Steven must have had a passport from before, when he was a missionary, so this must mean he had recently renewed it?

That says it all-he renewed his passport (like many of us do if it is about to expire...just sayin) and it was found in a drawer.

Huh.

Should we go back again and speculate whether he would have masterminded his disappearance to include sneaking out of the country? For what purpose would he sneak out of the country? He was a grown man-substantially a grown man. He did his own thing-friends and family couldnt even tell (apparently) what he was up to the last week before he disappeared. Why not take his passport and head out?

Sorry, but that is because I believe he didnt. He didnt sneak out of the country. Now maybe he ran from his impending debt load-but the amount he accumulated was not criminal. Or apparently incredibly excessive.

Josh Powell claims wife ran off with missing Utah man
December 4th, 2010 @ 10:00pm
By Paul Koepp

An interview with the Koecher family will be broadcast Monday on the Today Show.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13530686

Much more at link..........

"On the day Susan Powell disappeared, Steven Koecher abruptly left a party near his home in St. George, Utah and made a beeline toward West Valley City, Utah."

Bullpucky.

Susan was last seen on the evening of Dec 6th, per JP's own statements.
Steven was at his church that day.
He was at a party on the evening of Dec 7th.
He worked on Dec 8th.
He worked Dec 9th and went to the temple.
The NEXT DAY, is when he drove to Ruby Valley.

OK, Powells. Show us YOUR timeline, in detail.

ETA:
I feel absolutely SOILED by the Powells using me to falsely back up their non-detailed claims. Even their use of the word "her" to refer to me, disgusts me.

Ludicrous is right. From the same article link above:

Included in the material posted on Josh Powell's website is a rambling, nine-page report written by his father, Steven Powell, outlining why Susan Cox Powell may have left and by what means she and Koecher could have traveled to Brazil. The report states he started researching the Koecher case in February.
"The more I read about him, the more I learned about him, and the more I looked at the timeline for him during the week of Susan's disappearance, the more convinced I became that the Koecher and Powell disappearances were related," Steven Powell wrote.
He said he shared his speculations with the FBI and police in West Valley City, St. George and Henderson.

And here's another article that came out about Josh Powell today. I know this is Steven Koecher's thread - but given that Josh and daddy are linking him with Susan's disappearance - I wanted to put the link here too.

Life is under a microscope for Susan Powell’s husband
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Published Dec 5, 2010 01:01AM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50706609-76/powell-josh-susan-thomas.html.csp

And this is the link to Josh & his daddy's blog page with reference to Steven Koetcher:
http://susanpowell.org/Pages/Respon...-Parallel-Utah-Disappearances-Connection.aspx

Make sure to click on & read Josh's "parallel" links at the very bottom of the page.

this is just my opinion but I think it does everyone a huge disservice to link even for discussion purposes these totally different cases.

if and when someone is eventually prosecuted for Susan's murder (women with children almost never flee without them, yes a handful do but extremely rare) assuming no body is found, all the defendant's attorney would have to do is to raise enough doubt in the jury's minds (probably a Mormon majority jury to boot) that __________ did not murder Susan, she ran off with fellow Mormon Steven Koecher and they are alive and happy together.

I can't control what people want to believe. there is no reason in the world why Susan Powell would run off with jobless and penniless Steven Koecher. I have not followed her thread but wasn't there a little problem with blood and missing carpet in the house? if I'm wrong please correct me. if I am not wrong, it does not sound like she made it very far for this fairy tale rendezvous.

I can't control what people want to believe. there is no reason in the world why Susan Powell would run off with jobless and penniless Steven Koecher. I have not followed her thread but wasn't there a little problem with blood and missing carpet in the house? if I'm wrong please correct me. if I am not wrong, it does not sound like she made it very far for this fairy tale rendezvous.

You're correct.
There was some kind of "wet spot" on the Powell carpeting, with fans (multiple) blowing it dry, found by LE *before* Josh Powell returned home on Dec 7th. (Remember, Susan's mother-in-law and sister-in-law first alerted LE, when neither showed up to work.) JP says SP was last seen when he left about 11pm, with the kids.

The wet spot is important.
If you're a woman planning to escape from a marriage while your husband and kids are gone, would you really take the time to clean the carpet?

With all due respect to Steven, he was in worst financial straits (and had a poorer job history) than Josh Powell.

Though I'm thrilled to see Steven and Susan getting some press, it's terribly disappointing that it's with this ridiculous story.

Gee, maybe ALL of the missing Mormons are together somewhere?

Due to the "publicity" given to the timeline page by the in-laws of Susan Powell, I've made a minor change to it.

I don't have much time today, but I've put a short notice up on the page -- and you can get to the original timeline by clicking the link on that new page.

That says it all-he renewed his passport (like many of us do if it is about to expire...just sayin) and it was found in a drawer.

Huh.

Should we go back again and speculate whether he would have masterminded his disappearance to include sneaking out of the country? For what purpose would he sneak out of the country? He was a grown man-substantially a grown man. He did his own thing-friends and family couldnt even tell (apparently) what he was up to the last week before he disappeared. Why not take his passport and head out?

Sorry, but that is because I believe he didnt. He didnt sneak out of the country. Now maybe he ran from his impending debt load-but the amount he accumulated was not criminal. Or apparently incredibly excessive.

Yes, one more piece of evidence that things were going along pretty normally only a few weeks or days before he disappeared.

I've just finished reading the "parallel" links on susanpowell.org - much as I could stomach. Nothing like pounding a square peg into a round hole!

I'm disgusted that, not only do they manage to discredit and dishonor Susan (the #1 goal, I'm sure), but also Steven, Susan's parents and their own "estranged" family members. Must have kept them awake nights trying to figure out how to make it all work.

That stuff is going to come back and bite them in the you-know-what.

I've just finished reading the "parallel" links on susanpowell.org - much as I could stomach. Nothing like pounding a square peg into a round hole!

I'm disgusted that, not only do they manage to discredit and dishonor Susan (the #1 goal, I'm sure), but also Steven, Susan's parents and their own "estranged" family members. Must have kept them awake nights trying to figure out how to make it all work.

That stuff is going to come back and bite them in the you-know-what.

Yep...you got that right. My hubby likes to say, "Don't worry about the lies...just the truth. Always worry about the truth."

What happened to Steven? What is the truth?

Cats5Vegas, Fairy1 and I visited the Anthem portion of Henderson - including SCA.

Thoughts:

SCA is very confusing. To park where Steven's car was found, requires either a map OR lots of in-and-out investigating to find "just the right place". Parking there randomly on a first try, would be like winning the lottery.

Homes on Evening Lights are so close together, it would be hard to pass gas without your neighbor knowing - let alone commit a crime. I don't think there's more than five or six feet between the homes. There's no real landscaping; just rocks and desert plants. There may be grass in the back yards. You can't walk silently on the rocks. They crunch.

At the top of EL, there's a path. There's also one 2/3 of the way up the street, on the west side. I originally believed they allowed access to the golf course, but they are fenced - solidly. They are also just rocks, not paving stones. It would, however, be possible to use the short walls to help oneself jump over the fence. We didn't try that. We're smart that way.

There are many areas on the slopes surrounding Revere Golf Course that are heavily vegetated and which could hide something. But it would take good searchers with heavy equipment to navigate them. I don't believe Steven's family would have been capable of searching all of the slopes, safely.

On the northwest corner of Mr Security's home, is a piece of equipment that looks EXACTLY like the two cameras on the front of the home. If it's a camera, it would have captured Steven's car parking, and whoever got out of it.

The cul de sac "circle" where Steven parked, is very small; smaller than it looks in the images.

There are three homes in the subdivision west of the cul de sac, which would have looked directly at Steven's car while it was parked there - every time they looked out their window. I hope the residents were questioned.

Cats5Vegas, Fairy1 and I visited the Anthem portion of Henderson - including SCA.

Thoughts:

SCA is very confusing. To park where Steven's car was found, requires either a map OR lots of in-and-out investigating to find "just the right place". Parking there randomly on a first try, would be like winning the lottery.

Homes on Evening Lights are so close together, it would be hard to pass gas without your neighbor knowing - let alone commit a crime. I don't think there's more than five or six feet between the homes. There's no real landscaping; just rocks and desert plants. There may be grass in the back yards. You can't walk silently on the rocks. They crunch.

At the top of EL, there's a path. There's also one 2/3 of the way up the street, on the west side. I originally believed they allowed access to the golf course, but they are fenced - solidly. They are also just rocks, not paving stones. It would, however, be possible to use the short walls to help oneself jump over the fence. We didn't try that. We're smart that way.

There are many areas on the slopes surrounding Revere Golf Course that are heavily vegetated and which could hide something. But it would take good searchers with heavy equipment to navigate them. I don't believe Steven's family would have been capable of searching all of the slopes, safely.

On the northwest corner of Mr Security's home, is a piece of equipment that looks EXACTLY like the two cameras on the front of the home. If it's a camera, it would have captured Steven's car parking, and whoever got out of it.

The cul de sac "circle" where Steven parked, is very small; smaller than it looks in the images.

There are three homes in the subdivision west of the cul de sac, which would have looked directly at Steven's car while it was parked there - every time they looked out their window. I hope the residents were questioned.

The slopes from Evening Lights down to the golf course are not as I had pictured from looking at Google Maps. The slopes are long, steep and rocky. It's not someplace you'd go to walk down to the golf course or take a shortcut across.

The neighborhood seemed quite "sterile". We only saw one person outside. The houses appear well-kept, and the lawns nicely manicured. It was sort of like something out of the Twilight Zone. (At this point, I'd be just as inclined to believe he was beamed up by little green men as any of the other theories I've read.)

I was very glad to have gone down there today to see for myself what the area is like. Thanks to Laytonian and Fairy1!

I know I don't post much but I have tried to follow Steven's case very closely since the beginning. I have read through the threads and looked over laytonian's timeline more than a couple of times. I know all of you are much more advanced at this than I am and I'm sure these ideas have been talked through time and time again, but I can't get it out of my head that SOMEONE in that neighborhood knows something. I can't fathom that Steven randomly chose that spot to leave his car and walk away from his life. IF he walked away from his life, I think someone was in that neighborhood waiting to drive him away and that is why he chose that spot. Is there another way out of the neighborhood on Evening Lights other than the way Steven walked down it? I'm thinking if he did walk up to a car and get in and they drove off, it would have been on Mr. Security's cameras.

I dunno...just my thoughts.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members