NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The KCSG article above included mention of two possible recent sightings
in Provo, UT ......

"The latest information on the search for Koecher involves two possible sightings in the Provo area on December 3, according to family members who say St. George police plan to review surveillance tapes from a Provo-area post office."

http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story/..._first_stories

Prayers to the Koecher Family on the anniversary of Steven's disappearance...
Lato

in Provo, UT ......

"The latest information on the search for Koecher involves two possible sightings in the Provo area on December 3, according to family members who say St. George police plan to review surveillance tapes from a Provo-area post office."

The optimist in me, says that these tips came from two separate and honest people who truly saw Steven, and that he's on his way home.

in that link with the 11 reasons why Steven and Susan did not run off together I found this interesting sentence:

Police investigations found no evidence of drugs, gambling debts, alcohol or other personal challenges.

(emphasis added)

what pray tell do they mean my other personal challenges?

in that link with the 11 reasons why Steven and Susan did not run off together I found this interesting sentence:

Police investigations found no evidence of drugs, gambling debts, alcohol or other personal challenges.

(emphasis added)

what pray tell do they mean my other personal challenges?

I dunno, but one could guess at a few possibilities:
Rejection of his religion
Mental illness
Alternative lifestyle
Involvement in criminal acts

if they were referring to alternative lifestyles then you might see why Steven would bolt if he is gay. if that's what they meant, they could have used a more generic expression like no evidence of any relationships that might have drawn him to Vegas.

as for mental illness, that is an entirely separate thing. if a person has a psychiatric condition I would not call that a personal challenge, it is a health problem and often treatable with medications.

criminality? other than the image of the bank robber, I have never even entertained the thought of him as a criminal. besides, if there was evidence of a crime, LE would have been on it.

I laud the family for debunking the connection to Susan Powell and maybe I should not fixate on that one clause in one sentence in that whole piece. it nonetheless strikes me as having a moralistic tone to it that stuck out at me.

if they were referring to alternative lifestyles then you might see why Steven would bolt if he is gay. if that's what they meant, they could have used a more generic expression like no evidence of any relationships that might have drawn him to Vegas.

as for mental illness, that is an entirely separate thing. if a person has a psychiatric condition I would not call that a personal challenge, it is a health problem and often treatable with medications.

criminality? other than the image of the bank robber, I have never even entertained the thought of him as a criminal. besides, if there was evidence of a crime, LE would have been on it.

I laud the family for debunking the connection to Susan Powell and maybe I should not fixate on that one clause in one sentence in that whole piece. it nonetheless strikes me as having a moralistic tone to it that stuck out at me.

I just think they're trying to give a message, without delving into some of the gossip and speculation. That's what we're for ;)

The optimist in me, says that these tips came from two separate and honest people who truly saw Steven, and that he's on his way home.

There's an optimist in you? Who knew?

Seriously though, I hope you're right. Definitely closer to home.

Interesting about the location of the Dec 3rd sightings -- plus, the family must have read some of his diary.

Source: ABC4.com (KTVX/SLC)

"Koecher said there was a possible sighting near a Provo post office.
He said the surveillance video has been forwarded to St. George police.

“He's within walking distance of his grandmothers,” said his father who hasn’t seen the video. “He'd have to be deranged to not know where he is. You know anything is possible.”

AND

"And they recently found writings written by Steven Koecher two weeks before he disappeared.
“His state of mind was really good,” he said. “He was happy. He talked about his life being happy.”

in Provo, UT ......

Does this mean he left Susan in the Brazilian rainforest and came back alone?:wink:

Sending prayers to Steven and his family today. I cannot imagine the pain of having a loved one just go missing one day. I hope that his disappearance is voluntary and temporary. As a Las Vegas local, I too look at people waiting at bus stops, people panhandling on street corners, and anywhere else I can think of. I don't think I would actually recognize Steven, since his appearance probably isn't just like the photos I've seen, but I like to at least think I have a chance.

Good article someone emailed to me - lots of info on Steven's case

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/13642095/searching-for-the-missing-people-of-las-vegas

Way to go Laytonian!!

From the above link:

On WebSleuths, an Internet message board where members dissect criminal cases, there are thousands of posts relating to Steven's case. A member of WebSleuths named Laytonian has invested months compiling a detailed timeline of Steven's whereabouts in the time surrounding his disappearance and the history of his case.

Way to go Laytonian!!

From the above link:

On WebSleuths, an Internet message board where members dissect criminal cases, there are thousands of posts relating to Steven's case. A member of WebSleuths named Laytonian has invested months compiling a detailed timeline of Steven's whereabouts in the time surrounding his disappearance and the history of his case.

Lato and Carbuff made substantial contributions, too -- and lots of ideas came out of everyone here. That's why I always say it's "our" timeline, even though I've done the heavy lifting. ;)

Praying for the Koecher family that the sitings are legit and that SK was mailing something to someone who will get in touch with investigators when they receive it.

Wonder if he has a PO Box at that post office?

Praying for the Koecher family that the sitings are legit and that SK was mailing something to someone who will get in touch with investigators when they receive it.

Wonder if he has a PO Box at that post office?

You can't rent a PO Box without photo ID -- but it'd probably take a warrant to open up the records (they're considered federal, privacy act related).

The University Parkway runs between I-15 north into Orem (which is next to Provo). Along the way are fast food and chain restaurants, car dealers, moderate-priced motels, In-N-Out Burger at the corner with Street. Diagonally across the State & University Parkway intersection is University Mall...with the post office at the east end, across the street.
Total distance maps to 2.9 miles.

BUT....right at I-15 and University Parkway is Utah Valley University, a large state college. It's the more "liberal" college in the county (as opposed to BYU). There'd be lots of students in the immediate area.

If this is Steven, I sure wish he'd just drop a dime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member