NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had to be using the internet frequently somewhere, other wise he wasnt seriously looking for a job. Period. and if he wasnt looking for a job he wasnt really that into building a family. His MO is that of a teenager, not a 30 year old man.

I am not hot on the suicide theory. How? death by walking. most are drug overdose, hanging gunshot...He didnt appear to be carrying anything but a portfolio.

The ex room mate could have so much info in SK's day to day life. If he is a roaming no sleeping, no eating nomad, or if the behavior was recent. If his behavior was typical I will go with foul play.

one more thing, the video clip seems odd to me. He seems to be walking briskly but when the tree covers the view it is as though there is a long lull, like he stopped walking or slowed down considerably. could it be he thought the white van was his ride? or he needed to review the directions? I am not one to think he went there for a job interview, maybe a day ride share situation?

He had to be using the internet frequently somewhere, other wise he wasnt seriously looking for a job. Period. and if he wasnt looking for a job he wasnt really that into building a family. His MO is that of a teenager, not a 30 year old man.

According to someone who knew him very well, he'd use the phone book and print out job applications.....starting in the yellow pages with "A", "B", etc.

That's what was found in his car and room: stacks of job apps, some yet to be sent, along with some rejections.
Much, much more in his web-based email...but all job apps, etc.

We don't know how often he used the Washington County Library System's internet, but the records should have been part of that subpoena. At least for date, time, length, etc.

I am not hot on the suicide theory. How? death by walking. most are drug overdose, hanging gunshot...He didnt appear to be carrying anything but a portfolio.

The ex room mate could have so much info in SK's day to day life. If he is a roaming no sleeping, no eating nomad, or if the behavior was recent. If his behavior was typical I will go with foul play.

The ex-housemate is living in Washington, Utah - just outside St George.
He's not hiding; he's had three documented addresses since he walked out of place he shared with Steven.

He's not in hiding, nor has he been arrested for anything since Steven disappeared.

I think the answer isn't in SCA. I think the answer is in wherever SK was for the two hours between the cell phone ping and his arrival in SCA.

one more thing, the video clip seems odd to me. He seems to be walking briskly but when the tree covers the view it is as though there is a long lull, like he stopped walking or slowed down considerably. could it be he thought the white van was his ride? or he needed to review the directions? I am not one to think he went there for a job interview, maybe a day ride share situation?

This is something else that comes up frequently. (I've been too snowed under, to also write up some FAQs. Any volunteers?)

The video cam has a fish-eye lens. Moving images on the circumfrence are compressed, so appear to move slower. Look at the walls of the home, how they curve, in that same video.

The same thing happens with the car; it appears to approach slowly, then suddenly zips by.

I think the answer isn't in SCA. I think the answer is in wherever SK was for the two hours between the cell phone ping and his arrival in SCA.

Exactly.

It doesn't take two hours to drive about 4 miles.

Laytonian-

I have been away from this site for quite some time but I saw on the facebook page that a show on "Disapeared" was done. Another question I have, and correct me if I am wrong, but you had said in the past that you didn't feel that Steven's disapearance was the result of a crime, if I remember correctly. Have you changed your opinion on that? Just curious. Because of my unusual position I have contacted friend who are private eyes and LE on both west and east coasts and I am sorry to say that I have gotten nothing at all. I wish that I could have more information but the things I have tried to help with have amounted to nothing. I am sorry.

I do have access to Transunion search, but I am thinking that is not going to help much if you believe he was a victim of foul play in that it won't show any activity. Are there any other leads?

Kelly

Ever since I looked into this, I have always believed that Steven Koecher's disapearance was the result of foul play. I think the foul play involved is random and not connected to anyone that he knew. I think that whatever happened to Steven Koecher was a result of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't believe he committed suicide and definately didn't walk away. Even if one tries to disappear on their own it is very hard to do, even for someone who is sophisticated in trying to hide. First there is the question of the SS#, the name, last known address, getting identification (without ID it is hard to even rent a motel). Transunion has the ability to pick up little things and will link a new name to one's social and it is hard to avoid every situation that will identify you and link you to your social security number. This takes a very conscious effort and takes critical thinking on the part of the person who wants to vanish and stay completely hidden. Logic concludes that Steven Koecher met up with foul play and most likely random foul play.

Kelly

I dont think the ex roomie has anything to do with S disappearance, just that he would be the only one that saw his daily habits. didnt sound as though they hit it off but he would see if S slept all day,stayed out all night, was OCD etc...

The entire idea that he had the phone book out A-Z is so strange, not to mention unproductive. It appears he had NO idea of what he wanted in his professional life. Seems he was struggling with coping in general:( He probably unintentionally put himself in harms way. or He had a mental breakdown and left with someone on the fly.

I'm beginning to believe whatever lead to Steven's disappearance began before he ever came to the LV area. And logic would tell us, it began with a face-to-face interaction somewhere in St. George - only because there is no electronic trail pointing to a computer or phone connection. Or is there?

Based on his job duties, it could have been anyone.

Is there any other video footage of cars entering or exiting SCA, what about nearest cross streets? if he left the neighborhood he probably did so in a car. Probably too late in the game to retrieve any video.

Random crime seems high on the list for me too, where was this homeless camp? could he beeen trying to message to the homeless and was met with aggression?

I'm beginning to believe whatever lead to Steven's disappearance began before he ever came to the LV area. And logic would tell us, it began with a face-to-face interaction somewhere in St. George - only because there is no electronic trail pointing to a computer or phone connection. Or is there?

What do you think about his former employer ?
(who owned the window washing business)

Im starting to think we need to throw logic out the window. Sounds like S is the kind of guy that would just show up or drive around looking for an opportunity. No plan, no goal, nada. Just putting himself in alot of places hoping something would happen that he could be happy with. what if his plan is "Im going down to Vegas to see if I can find anything". Drives all around stops somewhere to eat, meets some folks and arranges the SCA pickup. It is so hard to believe but after reading everything it seems likely.

unless of course someone uncovers an unknown email or phone account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg