Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly and as sleepinoz and I have asked (as have many of us) what exactly is the time frame? Has it been set by LE or GR? And without a body to tell TOD, how can anyone say what the time frame is??

Exactly... the timeframe is irrevelant IMO unless GR can account for the time from him dropping the kids off until the police searched his house / land - what - 8 days later... almost impossible to pinpoint the timeframes...

The cell phone evidence will be interesting to see. At their house, there is limited to no cell (again Verizon as the test), so unless her cell phone was on their local wireless network, also hard to tell. Not sure about AT&T.

What would happen if her cell phone showed that it was registered on their home network past the 1030 timeframe? Or should I say, what excuse would be given then?

LaVonda mentions cameras from where the van is to the Y - what cameras? I've studied the lights at those locations and see no cameras.. and I can tell you that a distance runner could get from the van location to the Y easily without being spotted on camera....

Run across the road, up the hill where the cross country course is, into the housing area up onto Hillview Drive, down the hill to Route 12, then over onto the abandoned railroad tracks, and then south. The Y sits right on the railroad tracks and no camera would spot anything.

LaVonda - what ponds between the cell phone and van on SR23? The only thing is the Canasawacta Creek that is only about 1-2 feet deep.

Mud - you were driving around when it was 25 degrees.. of course it's not muddy - the mud is frozen. If you took Moon Hill Road up and continued over the Resevoir Hill Road and onto Blackman Road (another seasonal road) you would have seen LOTS of frozen mud that wasn't frozen back in the beginning of December (nothing was). The perp was counting on the area being seasonal and snow limiting access IMO.

LaVonda - who told you iPhones don't have SIM cards? GR? Once again, not correct.

Did you drive from JR's house up towards Chenango Lake? Bida Road, West Brook Road, Dead End Road? All key areas in my opinion.

Will the two billboards procured by community volunteers feature a picture of Jen's van?

There does not seem to be one planned for the LnM billboard

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...05231622.21590.116018661901063&type=1&theater

I think that it's very important to show a photo of the vehicle. Someone may very well have noticed the van in an out of the way place on the day JR disappeared. Someone may have noticed whether it was a male or female driving the van also. imo

http://searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/definition/mobile-VPN

Mobile VPN solutions from such vendors as Columbitech, Ecutel, IBM, ipUnplugged, Motorola, NetMotion, Nokia, Padcom and Radio IP are designed to adapt transparently to these changes. In a mobile VPN, a VPN server still sits at the edge of your company network, enabling secure tunneled access by authenticated, authorized VPN clients. Mobile VPN tunnels are not tied to physical IP addresses, however. Instead, each tunnel is bound to a logical IP address. That logical IP address sticks to the mobile device no matter where it may roam. For example, a mobile VPN client can:

Roam from one wireless AP to another at a public Wi-Fi hot spot.
Leave Wi-Fi coverage and start using a 3G connection (e.g., EV-DO).
Leave 3G coverage and start using a slower 2G connection (e.g., 1xRTT).
Return to the office and start using a docked Ethernet LAN connection.
In this example, the mobile VPN client uses four or five different physical IP addresses while retaining one logical IP address. Applications running on the mobile device and inside the corporate network communicate through that one logical IP address, remaining blissfully unaware of the user's motion and associated physical/network transitions.

Hoping someone with some computer tech knowledge can chime in.

I work remote often and VPN from anywhere with my cell phone. Very easy to do - so unless you know the IPs that they were connecting with LaVonda - don't rely on "I was VPN'd in" as a good alibi.

Exactly... the timeframe is irrevelant IMO unless GR can account for the time from him dropping the kids off until the police searched his house / land - what - 8 days later... almost impossible to pinpoint the timeframes...

The cell phone evidence will be interesting to see. At their house, there is limited to no cell (again Verizon as the test), so unless her cell phone was on their local wireless network, also hard to tell. Not sure about AT&T.

What would happen if her cell phone showed that it was registered on their home network past the 1030 timeframe? Or should I say, what excuse would be given then?

LaVonda mentions cameras from where the van is to the Y - what cameras? I've studied the lights at those locations and see no cameras.. and I can tell you that a distance runner could get from the van location to the Y easily without being spotted on camera....

Run across the road, up the hill where the cross country course is, into the housing area up onto Hillview Drive, down the hill to Route 12, then over onto the abandoned railroad tracks, and then south. The Y sits right on the railroad tracks and no camera would spot anything.

LaVonda - what ponds between the cell phone and van on SR23? The only thing is the Canasawacta Creek that is only about 1-2 feet deep.

Mud - you were driving around when it was 25 degrees.. of course it's not muddy - the mud is frozen. If you took Moon Hill Road up and continued over the Resevoir Hill Road and onto Blackman Road (another seasonal road) you would have seen LOTS of frozen mud that wasn't frozen back in the beginning of December (nothing was). The perp was counting on the area being seasonal and snow limiting access IMO.

LaVonda - who told you iPhones don't have SIM cards? GR? Once again, not correct.

Did you drive from JR's house up towards Chenango Lake? Bida Road, West Brook Road, Dead End Road? All key areas in my opinion.

Ditto, ditto and ditto. Except the part about the ponds between the phone and the van. There actually are a few, but they are all within sight of Rt 23. Do you (not YOU, ORR) honestly think someone is going to drag a body across a field, dump it in a pond, in broad daylight and within sight of a well travelled highway???:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ditto, ditto and ditto. Except the part about the ponds between the phone and the van. There actually are a few, but they are all within sight of Rt 23. Do you (not YOU, ORR) honestly think someone is going to drag a body across a field, dump it in a pond, in broad daylight and within sight of a well travelled highway???:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Agree - those are right in the sight of SR23.... no way... and these are tiny ponds. More likely the trail off Resevoir Hill Road up to Round Pond more likely, or hiked down off the CCC Truck Trail to Round Pond. Disposing into one of these ponds would require getting wet.. perhaps that is why GR was unusually cold at the unusual time and needed a sauna? Hmmmm?

Also, from discussions with locals here, I do believe LE searched every bridge and culvert from Norwich to Cinncinatus on SR23 in the week following her disappearance as well.

I believe it's been stated by GR/Lavanda that Jennifer left for the mall at 10:30am. Is his time accounted for between the time the kids left for school to the time she supposedly left for the mall? I somehow doubt it.

I'm still waiting for confirmation by another party that she was going to the mall....

Reading this article it must be quite deep. Photo at link.

That is Round Pond, down in Smithville Flats, NY - wrong round pond. The Round Pond here in Plymouth has no vehicular access directly to the pond - just a trail.

That is Round Pond, down in Smithville Flats, NY - wrong round pond. The Round Pond here in Plymouth has no vehicular access directly to the pond - just a trail.

Ahh, ok thanks ORR. I'll delete my post so as not to confuse people.

You can access round pond even with a van. It's muddy but it could be done along with being well out of site.

I'm a logical person. There's an obvious suspect (maybe 2), and I'm going to thoroughly examine and eliminate those before moving on to a phone being thrown out of a car, bouncing off a rock that turns it back on, and landing on a soft spot. :moo:

And if JR left on her own, well, I wouldn't return if I were her. It appears that GR is building a life with ES. If he wants her back, he's got a lousy way of showing it. :moo:

Well said.
Even if I tried, there's no way my phone would just so happen to hit a rock that had the dexterity enough to hold the power button on long enough to turn it on, (as someone else mentioned) and then gently toss it toward the soft mud, which cushioned the glass. I see the chances of this happening as zero.

You can access round pond even with a van. It's muddy but it could be done along with being well out of site.

You think her minivan could have? It was pretty muddy at the beginning of December as the ground hadn't frozen yet. I haven't been up there in quite some time, and the last time I parked on Resevoir hill with our minivan and hiked in. The area needs to be walk searched... not from the air.

Regarding WebEx Conf someone mentioned above.. I do WebEx quite often. There are generally two options for WebEx Training, login and dial in or login and use a PC microphone. My office PC microphone is awful, so I usually do login/dial in and put my phone on mute. During the sessions I rarely speak. I login, type in chat or do a voice report by phone that I am present and request the PDF transcript when done, in case I missed something. No one knows if I am logged in and at my PC or not, they only know that I am logged in. And to be honest about 50% of the time during my WebEx training sessions I am in and out of the office doing other things that require my attention; agents who need my help, clients who request me, etc. So personally for me a WebEx training session is not a good alibi.

Exactly! Having had experience utilizing WebEx many times myself.....I totally agree! I can count on one hand the number of times I actually had to ever chime in and contribute something, but it was only a matter of taking my phone off "mute" to do so and then immediately putting it back on. In fact, at most, if not all, of the meetings I attended, it was asked that phones be *placed on mute in order to minimize background noise.

As soon as I logged in, everyone, including departmental managers, could "see" I was there, but for all they knew, I could have been in another room watching TV, washing dishes, taking the dogs out......and a few of those times (depending on the meeting) ......I was! :angel:

Yes GR is much shorter than I thought. I'm 5'3" and taller.

Respectfully snipped...

That's, as we'd say in England, proper short, isn't it? For a man?

Wondering if this part of why his close friends don't believe he was involved - perhaps he simply wouldn't be strong enough to tackle a fully grown adult?

You think her minivan could have? It was pretty muddy at the beginning of December as the ground hadn't frozen yet. I haven't been up there in quite some time, and the last time I parked on Resevoir hill with our minivan and hiked in. The area needs to be walk searched... not from the air.

Yes it really just surface slime. It's a vast area and somewhat difficult to get close to the water but so many woods a yotes in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86