NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it is entirely possible that there are just simply no bodies in this area.

The only thing this tells me is that their press release yesterday should have been more specific by stating that they were conducting searches of areas that the FBI photos couldn't get a clear picture of due to the overgrowth.

that's the only explanation I'd accept that would maintain their integrity. Otherwise, this so-called high-tech equipment on that Black Hawk wasn't truly the real-deal state-of-the-art equipment that they had available. I think we all expected them to use the cameras that can identify decomposing bodies/human remains (even partially buried).

What a total disappointment.

The camera on the Blackhawk is the latest technology. I believe it is something called Hyperspectral technology. Basically it analyzes the light reflected from the ground for certain chemical signatures. Dirt will give you one signature. The chemicals that make up organic decay will give you another distinct signature. I don't think they can differentiate between human organic decay and animal organic decay but maybe they can. I am not that familiar with this technology.

I believe the 11 areas that the FBI wanted to see were areas that showed organic decay above a certain threshold. The camera is probably ultra-sensitive and since it is the latest technology and has yet to be field proven, the FBI may have set that threshold too low. In other words, there may be organic decay in those 11 areas, however, it may be the decay of a duck or a red fox or something like that. If it was fresh human decay, it would have showed up really stronger. Older human remains will still show some decay but not as much as fresh. And this is probably where the problem comes in. Because we are not dealing with "fresh" remains here, the FBI probably played it safe and said "Let's check out everything that we get an appreciable hit on just to make sure."

This is all just speculation on my part. Because I am not too familiar with the particulars of this technology. It is very complex from what I have read on the web.

I am glad they didn't find anything. That area is practically right in my backyard!!

By the way, if this was the 1800's and a girl went missing, the sheriff would ask for the assistance of everyone in the community (church groups, gun clubs, Red Cross, sports clubs, etc...) and we'd form a line of hundreds of people across the areas to be searched (shoulder-to-shoulder from one shore to the other). Then we'd walk the search areas from one end to the other. Anyone with a reliable dog would have brought it along too. Anyone with a horse would be on horseback too giving the people on foot a better perspective.

That is how we would have searched back in the 1800's as a community.

That is how we should be doing it today.

I often think back to when they were looking for Caylee.
I would like to see that happen on the barrier island.

I am glad nothing was found...
But, then again I also wish something was.

I hate this pessimistic feeling that I have right now! I fear there will be no updates in this case until after labor day!

What is taking so long in discovering the identity of the unknown victims?

MOO

wm

Not sure if this means anything, but someone pointed this detail out to me today, may lend some credence to the cop angle, may just be a coincidence:

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/04/28/ronald-bower-twenty-years-of-torture/6/

From link: "Perez, 5-feet, 7-inches tall, 155 pounds, brown-black wavy hair, a moustache and a wandering right eye, had also been wearing black leather racing gloves."
BBM

And this: http://nymag.com/news/features/long-island-serial-killer-families-2011-6/

From article: "They compare notes: Did all the girls have the same driver? Did the police show every family a photo of a man with a lazy eye?" BBM

I hate this pessimistic feeling that I have right now! I fear there will be no updates in this case until after labor day!

What is taking so long in discovering the identity of the unknown victims?

MOO

wm

I'll play the optimist and say there is more searches coming. If they are going off the FBI plane info I am guessing there is more areas of interest on the barrier island.

Just wanted to add that I wonder if Loop PKWY has been searched. It goes over two islands that have absolutley nothing on them.

I just want everything searched! lol

I couldn't help but think about that case in Texas yesterday that turned out to be false. It was amazing to me how quickly LE responded-not just LE, but FBI and various search teams. I know it's possible to get these types of searches going. If only this could have happened in Oak Beach...

I also don't understand why it is taking so long to get test results back on the bodies that haven't been identified yet. This is really frustrating and there is still a serial killer (or possibly killers) on the loose! I don't care if prostitutes have been the victims. Nobody is safe until this/these person/people are caught. I want to give LE the benefit of the doubt, but I'm seriously starting to lose faith. I'm beginning to think there's something going on-whether it be corruption or fear of losing tourist dollars for the area. If it's the fear of losing tourists, I can confidently say, I'd rather not spend my money in an area where they let a serial killer run rampant. It's in everyone's best interest that this person is caught.

Not sure if this means anything, but someone pointed this detail out to me today, may lend some credence to the cop angle, may just be a coincidence:

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/04/28/ronald-bower-twenty-years-of-torture/6/

From link: "Perez, 5-feet, 7-inches tall, 155 pounds, brown-black wavy hair, a moustache and a wandering right eye, had also been wearing black leather racing gloves."
BBM

And this: http://nymag.com/news/features/long-island-serial-killer-families-2011-6/

From article: "They compare notes: Did all the girls have the same driver? Did the police show every family a photo of a man with a lazy eye?" BBM

svpernin, Maybe one of these days I will explain to you why the first link you provided gave me the chills!!!

Thanks so much for the links!!!

wm

Yeah, we discussed Bower's case a bit ago. ( [ame=http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6492806#post6492806]link[/ame] ). It sure seems like the GB4 killer could be the MP in the Long Island Press article or someone like him... that is, someone with a similar history of malfeasance. I admittedly have the latter in my sights and am in the proc of doing some fact checking. I wish they'd open up IA reports on the guy to the public. Unlikely, yes. I know.

I'll play the optimist and say there is more searches coming. If they are going off the FBI plane info I am guessing there is more areas of interest on the barrier island.

Just wanted to add that I wonder if Loop PKWY has been searched. It goes over two islands that have absolutley nothing on them.

I just want everything searched! lol

DEAL! I'll play the pessimist and you play the optimist, LOL! I sure hope you are right about more searches coming!

I want everything searched too....I am just not familiar with the area and the politicking in those parts. (I am from the south, lol!)

wm

For those interested in pursuing the LE angle, here is a decent page listing various LEO sexual misconduct cases throughout the NY area. ( link ) While my guy is not on the list, there are others that might be worth checking out.

Was just reading an article from the NY times link

On Tuesday, 30 local and state police officers and federal law enforcement agents returned to the area once again to search 11 locations identified through F.B.I. aerial imaging technology in the spring. Ten of those areas were near the causeway, according to Lt. William Hulse of the State Police. Investigators also searched a location on the north side of Ocean Parkway near Cedar Beach.

Though they were only on the causeway.

Hi all!

I am new here, although i have been lurking for about two weeks. I find this case very disturbing and would like to see the guy caught as soon as possible.
Based on info i gathered from your postings, i was able to find something out that i believe implicates someone for the murders. I would assume if i could figure it out, then surely the scpd and fbi must also have the information and most likely the suspect is in custody or being watched closely.
So what do i do now? Call the police just to make sure? Post what i found here? I am worried that there is a reason the info has not already been posted here. Please advise.

Thank you.

So what do i do now? Call the police just to make sure? Post what i found here? I am worried that there is a reason the info has not already been posted here. Please advise.
Definitely *do not* post anyone's name or other personal info. That would not only violate Websleuths' ToS, but importantly, if you're on target, alert the individual you suspect. That said, SCPD has a tip page that gives you instructions for sending in a tip. ( link ) Hth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201