NY NY - Sandra "Sandy" Breed, 16 (resolved), & Bruce Clark, 22, Chittenango, 22 May 1964

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Sandra Breed

• cache.php
  • cache.php
  • cache.php

• Missing Since 05/22/1964
  • Missing From Chittenango, New York
  • Classification Endangered Runaway
  • Date of Birth 03/13/1948 (70)
  • Age 16 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 120 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair. Sandra's nickname is Sandy.

Details of Disappearance

Sandra was last seen in Chittenango, New York on May 22, 1964. She left school with her 22-year-old boyfriend, Bruce Clark, and neither of them have been heard from since. According to Sandra's aunt, Clark and Sandra were interested in horses and riding them, and may have gone to the western United States. Clark may have worked at Vernon Downs in Vernon, New York during the 1950s and early 1960s.

The pair had run away once before and were located in Michigan, and after that Sandra's mother forbid her to leave the house again except to attend school and church. After Sandra's May 1964 disappearance, she was never seen again.

Her mother died in 1992 and willed her $150,000 estate to Sandra, but investigators were unable to locate her and the money was eventually donated to a charity for the blind. There's been no indication of Sandra's whereabouts since 1964 and her case remains unsolved. It's possible she traveled to Michigan again after her 1964 disappearance.

http://charleyproject.org/case/sandra-breed

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3639dfny.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19076/

cache.php

latest

Details: On May 22, 1964, sixteen-year-old Sandy Breed left school and ran off with her twenty-two-year-old boyfriend Bruce Clark. She left because she believed her abusive and alcoholic mother Jean didn't want her. Sandy and Bruce had run off once before, but Sandy's mother had found them in Michigan. In that instance, she took her daughter home and forbade her from leaving the house except for church and school.
Almost three decades later, in January of 1992, Jean died and left all of her $150,000 estate to Sandy. Now, Sandy's aunt, Jackie Daugherty, and Sandy and Bruce's friend, Darlene Jensen, are searching for them. At the time she was last seen, Sandy was 5'7" and weighed 120 pounds. She was born on March 13, 1948 and would now be sixty-nine-years-old. It is believed that Bruce worked at the Vernon Downs in Vernon, NY, during the early 1960s.
Extra Notes: The case was featured as a part of the December 1, 1993 episode.
Some sources state that she vanished in April of 1964.
Results: Unsolved. In 1996, after the heir investigator assigned to Sandy's case was unable to locate her and exhausted all leads, the money from her mother's estate was donated to a foundation for the blind. Neither Sandy nor Bruce have ever been located.
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Sandy_Breed_and_Bruce_Clark

I don’t know how to view recovery alerts from NCFMEC

Namus and NCFMEC are the main agencies that take down missing persons cases when that person has been found alive or deceased so it’s definitely possible.

Attachments

• 2715A2D5-1068-4E2A-9882-3AF29576D9EB.png
    2715A2D5-1068-4E2A-9882-3AF29576D9EB.png
    238 KB · Views: 39
I took that pic on my cellular phone a few months ago. Her case file is no longer there I literally checked every where on the website for it.

Sandra has been recovered according to namus! I just emailed namus and they said she has been recovered!

Wow, after all this time that is quite impressive! I wonder if they got a DNA hit on remains found a long time ago? It would be nice if they released this info in the press so that other websites would taken down her file. And what about Bruce?

I am not sure about Bruce and I have already emailed the Charley project and the doe network about Sandra’s recovery.

That's great to hear! Honestly, this is a case where I could see both of them being found alive. It was much easier to disappear and start a new life undetected in 1964 than it is toady.

Hello sorry for the late reply but I have not been able to confirm how Sandra was found but she has been removed from almost all missing persons databases like NCMEC and Namus but she still remains on Charley. In order for Meaghan to resolve her case I need to find out the details of recovery. I will contact the investigating agency as soon as I have time.

If Bruce wasn’t found than he should have vital statistics and a case file available but he doesn’t.

Hello sorry for the late reply but I have not been able to confirm how Sandra was found but she has been removed from almost all missing persons databases like NCMEC and Namus but she still remains on Charley. In order for Meaghan to resolve her case I need to find out the details of recovery. I will contact the investigating agency as soon as I have time.

Her case is resolved at Charley (Sandra Breed – The Charley Project), but it will be excellent if you can find out the details of recovery, thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back