OH OH - Chillicothe/Middletown Missing/Murdered, Possible Serial Killer

Three missing Middletown women were among the targets of a search of Moraine land where the remains of a fourth woman from that Butler County city were found.

Burgan’s remains were uncovered in September at the Hemple Road home of Gilbert Revere.

A search warrant of the Moraine property lists Brandy English, Amber Flack, Melinda Miller and Michelle Burgan as targets of the search.

All four have a history of prostitution, Middletown police said.

This news organization, using public records laws, this week obtained a Sept. 6 affidavit and the Dec. 12 returned search warrant. The affidavit states a woman at the property said Revere “tries to save drug addicts and prostitutes.”

Police sought clues for 4 missing women where remains of 1 were found

The affidavit states a woman at the property said Revere “tries to save drug addicts and prostitutes.”

Oh, my! Well he didn't "save" Michelle Burgan, did he? Sounds like they might have found the SK. I hope they find the other women too!

Gilbert Revere, 57, was arrested in September in connection with the case and is currently in custody. He is facing two counts of tampering with evidence, gross abuse of a corpse and failure to report a death.

Revere is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 15. It is unclear if he has entered a plea. His attorney could not be reached for comment.

Police Identify Remains of Missing Ohio Mother of 4 — 3 More Women Are Still Missing

Five years and still too few answers in Chillicothe missing women cases

1. Tameka Lynch, 30, was not put into the law enforcement system as a missing person when her husband reported her missing on May 20, 2014, and police publicly said on May 22, 2014, there was “no reason to believe she’s in any danger.”Even though true at the time based on what police knew, it didn’t matter when Tameka’s body, clothed only in a pair of socks, was found in Paint Creek near Bainbridge by kayakers two days later.

2. Charlotte Trego, 27, who some said may have been with Tameka and was last heard from by her mother on May 3, 2014. While there would be other women reported missing who turned back up on their own or were located by police, a fear settled in as the months passed without word from Charlotte.

3. Then came Wanda Lemons, 37, who was last seen on Nov. 4, 2014, and seems to have vanished with even less of a trace than Charlotte, according to police.

4. And a pregnant Shasta Himelrick, 20, who was reported missing in December 2014 and found drowned the next month, her death ruled a suicide.

5. And Tiffany Sayre, 26, reported missing in May 2015 and found dead the next month in Highland County, her death ruled a homicide.

6. And Timberly Claytor, 38, found shot to death in May 2015, her body left in the weeds in Massieville.

7. And Rebecca Cade, 31, found bludgeoned and stabbed to death, hanging by a sleeve on a fence in October 2015.

There are threads here for these missing women. Yes, it's a shame nothing has been done and no real reason given.

There does seem to be some progress down in Portsmouth, Scioto County though

Sex trafficking: Trapped and trafficked, Portsmouth's dark secret

News of that investigation has slowed to a trickle. BCI took over and, typically, everything has gone quiet, as usual.

State officials take major role in Portsmouth, Ohio, sex trafficking investigation

In March, The Enquirer published a year-long investigation into allegations that local criminal defense lawyer and former Portsmouth City Councilman Michael Mearan has been operating an informal sex trafficking ring for decades, an operation that included ties to public officials as well as law enforcement officials.

BBM

18 July 2019

HAMILTON —
UPDATE @ 11:45 a.m.

A female who told dispatchers she was walking in Millikin Woods Park with her son Wednesday called 911 at 4:37 p.m. to report finding a body.

The woman said the “skeleton” was partially under a lime green blanket in the woods near the first shelter.

“The poor thing. I don’t know how nobody has seen it before now,” the woman said.

INITIAL REPORT

Hamilton police are conducting a death investigation into a body found Wednesday afternoon near Millikin Woods Park, according to Chief Craig Bucheit.

Woman reports finding ‘skeleton’ in Hamilton near park

18 July 2019
A female who told dispatchers she was walking in Millikin Woods Park with her son Wednesday called 911 at 4:37 p.m. to report finding a body.
"A person found dead last week near Millikin Woods Park has been identifed by the Butler County Coroner’s Office as a Mason woman.

Breanne Hamlin, 18, was found dead Wednesday in the 1300 block of Franklin Street, according to the coroner’s office. The cause and manner of death is listed as “pending.”"

Body found last week in Hamilton identified

"Police in Ohio need your help finding 17 year old Breanne Elizabeth Hamlin. Breanne was last seen on April 4, 2018 in Crown City, Ohio and is registered as an endangered person on the state of Ohio Attorney General Office's website. Breanne might go by the nickname "Bre" and is described as a white female with brown hair and blue eyes, 5'3" tall, and weighing 150 pounds. Breanne has a tattoo on her right arm and might have a nasal piercing. Family has reason to believe that Breanne might travel to Butler County, Ohio."
Missing from Crown City, Ohio, 17 year old Breanne Hamlin
Breanne%20Hamlin.PNG

BUTLER COUNTY, Ohio (FOX19) - The family of one of six women missing from the Middletown area is pleading for information that will help them find their loved one—even if that means they only find her body.

Melinda Miller was reportedly last seen in Middletown Feb. 20, 2017 leaving her house on Grimes Street with a man.

Miller is one of six women to have disappeared from the area over a 15-month span from May 2016-August 2017.

Family of Middletown woman missing since 2017 asking for information

Melinda's thread: OH - OH - Melinda Miller, 47, Middletown, 19 Feb 2017

So I just finished binge watching Gone The Forgotten Women of Ohio. Wondering if there were any updates as I moved to Arizona about seven years ago and have heard nothing more. About ten years ago went to Portsmouth to visit Shawnee State University with one of my kids. Sketchy back then, can't imagine what it's like now.
My Thoughts:
Michael Mearan is one creepy guy. His office reminded me of Hugh Hefner and all his girls. I totally think he is involved with the girls in Columbus, Chillicothe and Portsmouth.
I think that Det. Lytle was getting frustrated with Mr. Berlinger and Ms. Clementa and what they were finding out. Makes you wonder if they knew all this, but were hoping that it would stay buried or missing with the girls.

May 3rd- Charlotte Trego and Temeka Lynch Both Disappear

Charlotte Trego-Missing
Tameka Lynch-Found Deceased
Wanda Lemons--Found Deceased
Shasta Himelrick-Found Deceased (I don't think this was suicide)
Tiffany Sayers-Found Deceased

All had some connection/knew each other. Is it possible C Trego was somehow coerced or forced into being the nexus of this?
Hi there I'm the mother of Wanda Lemon's niece and I just responding to this post that says she is deceased..well she isn't she's still missing.

By The Guardian
Mar 25, 2020, 08:48 Am
“A prominent attorney in Portsmouth has been arrested by agents.

It happened Wednesday morning in Scioto County just after 8 a.m.

Michael Mearan was seen being placed into handcuffs by agents in vests while crime lab trucks were his home and business on Sixth Street.

Mearan, 74, is a one-time city councilman.

BCI agents were seen duplicating electronic devices for evidence collection.

[SBM]

The affidavit by a federal agent linked the lawyer to 27 women who worked for him as prostitutes, including one woman who has been missing since 2013 and another found dead.

In 2019, ten women interviewed with a Cincinnati-area newspaper in a year-long investigation. Those women said Mearan, who was their public defender, promised lenient sentences from judges he knew and parole officers who would ignore probation requirements, as long as the women were willing to have sex for money.

The Guardian has reached out to law enforcement for more information.

This is a breaking news story.”
FE4B9A15-5C6C-4029-A024-F6E51E1F877A.jpeg 6B74E518-1DCF-4AE3-AE95-D59D836D01D0.jpeg
Portsmouth attorney arrested by agents, house and office raided - Scioto Valley Guardian

By The Guardian

Michael Mearan was seen being placed into handcuffs by agents in vests while crime lab trucks were his home and business on Sixth Street.

[SBM]

The affidavit by a federal agent linked the lawyer to 27 women who worked for him as prostitutes, including one woman who has been missing since 2013 and another found dead.

In 2019, ten women interviewed with a Cincinnati-area newspaper in a year-long investigation. Those women said Mearan, who was their public defender, promised lenient sentences from judges he knew and parole officers who would ignore probation requirements, as long as the women were willing to have sex for money.

View attachment 240252 View attachment 240253
Portsmouth attorney arrested by agents, house and office raided - Scioto Valley Guardian

Wow! Thank you for posting this. I hope Mearan names the names of his associates and customers. I remember the woman quoted in the Beringer documentary saying every time she went to the courthouse there, she saw people who she had "done business" with. Not sure if that's the accurate wording, but similar. IIRC, it involved more than sex, too.

By The Guardian

[SBM]

Finally! Maybe something will break free and they will get information. I also believe he has had ties in other states as well.

By The Guardian

[SBM]

Thank you for sharing! I'm stunned and saddened for the victims and their families. If this man or these men are responsible, it seems even more tragic. Their lives were taken by people in positions of power and authority. Prayers for answers and justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kch52285
Back