OH OH - Chillicothe/Middletown Missing/Murdered, Possible Serial Killer

Thank you for sharing! I'm stunned and saddened for the victims and their families. If this man or these men are responsible, it seems even more tragic. Their lives were taken by people in positions of power and authority. Prayers for answers and justice.

Yes, this has to involve more people than Mearan. At his age and health, he wasn't running around killing these women, JMO. He had other people helping him and others who knew the missing women were a problem.

BCI Requests Public Tips in Portsmouth Case
3/27/2020

(PORTSMOUTH, Ohio) — On March 25, the Ohio Attorney General’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) assisted local authorities in executing a search warrant in Portsmouth at the office of local attorney Michael Mearan.

BCI continues to investigate the case. Those with information about suspicious activity involving Michael Mearan are encouraged to contact BCI at 1-855-BCI-OHIO (855-224-6446) or file a tip anonymously online.

In all criminal investigations, innocence is presumed unless guilt is proven in a court of law.

MEDIA CONTACT:
Steve Irwin: 614-728-5417“ (BBM)
BCI Requests Public Tips in Portsmouth Case - Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost

Finally! Maybe something will break free and they will get information. I also believe he has had ties in other states as well.

Hi, StrangeOne. Can you offer more details on the states to which you believe he has ties and possibly the approximate years? I'm really interested in your thoughts and insight. TIA

Yes, this has to involve more people than Mearan. At his age and health, he wasn't running around killing these women, JMO. He had other people helping him and others who knew the missing women were a problem.

I agree, Betty! This is all that's terrifying about power in the wrong hands, especially when it involves multiple people. I hope that tipline is red hot and providing actionable intel.

Hi, StrangeOne. Can you offer more details on the states to which you believe he has ties and possibly the approximate years? I'm really interested in your thoughts and insight. TIA

There has always been a "circuit" for prostitution and I think this man has information about it. It's just an opinion on my part I think he has connections into Kentucky. I say Kentucky because this is where I'm from but I would also say the all bordering states.

He's been doing this for years and years. In order for him to pull all this off he's had a lot of people in his pocket including LE over the years. I'm not saying all of them but there has to have been a few. I also would like to know who he has had to answer to over the years?

This is my opinion only.

He's been doing this for years and years. In order for him to pull all this off he's had a lot of people in his pocket including LE over the years. I'm not saying all of them but there has to have been a few. I also would like to know who he has had to answer to over the years?

This is my opinion only.

Yeah, I think I recall from the Beringer documentary that some of the customers may have included a judge or two, also law enforcement, etc. As you say, it's probably been going on for many years with lots of "johns" in that professional circle It's probably been operating like a private men's club.

There has always been a "circuit" for prostitution and I think this man has information about it. It's just an opinion on my part I think he has connections into Kentucky. I say Kentucky because this is where I'm from but I would also say the all bordering states.

Agree, probably West Virginia, too. I remember a year or so ago, when checking the history of counties in this region, I found a web site with old photos and history of the old crime syndicates back in the 1920s, '30's, 40's, etc. It included a little about the Mafia in that area, too. IIRC, the was a kind of network that extended from outside Pittsburgh to W. VA to SE Ohio and KY. It's probably similar today. Portsmouth is close to both KY and WVA, right?

Agree, probably West Virginia, too. I remember a year or so ago, when checking the history of counties in this region, I found a web site with old photos and history of the old crime syndicates back in the 1920s, '30's, 40's, etc. It included a little about the Mafia in that area, too. IIRC, the was a kind of network that extended from outside Pittsburgh to W. VA to SE Ohio and KY. It's probably similar today. Portsmouth is close to both KY and WVA, right?

It is close and mountain people (Eastern Kentucky at least) are known to travel for work. When I was in the game during the 90s I worked out of Lexington. I'm 49 years old today I have been clean and straight since 1998 but I don't think the shadier side of life stopped being shady just because I left it. I see it much worse today than it was back then. In fact if you keep in mind the dumping of pills throughout these areas by big pharma it added a whole new twist to things. It gives men like MM more control over these girls doesn't it? They need his supply and are told at the same time they will be protected there is nothing to worry about. Of course MM has people working for him because he's not someone who has the physical clout to do the protecting. There are thousands of strings attached to this with MM in the middle and if LE find the right string it will all unravel on him.

I've told you things about myself that not even my closest family members know. It is quite possible to change. In 2006 I went back to school got my GED and went into college. I live a nice normal life. People around me have no idea and I like it that way. It's like it was a whole different person from the woman I am today.

But it's given me insight into this all. I can look at this and see how it works. I can see how easy it has been and is for MM to do the things he's done but I will never think this starts and ends with him. I hope me being honest about how/who I was in the past doesn't bite me in the behind. I just want to convey that things are rarely cut and dry. This man did not act alone and it's also possible he faces danger to keep him from saying to much.

Another woman went missing from this area late last year:

OH - OH - Brooklynn Suzanne Short, 34, Middletown, Oct 2019

I suppose they could be related but Middletown and Chillicothe aren't exactly close to each other. At least 1 hour and 45 minutes without a direct route connecting the two. Columbus is much closer to Chillicothe and I would think if there's a link to other missing women, it would be with the missing on Columbus's south end rather than Middletown. Anything is possible, though, as we all know.

I suppose they could be related but Middletown and Chillicothe aren't exactly close to each other. At least 1 hour and 45 minutes without a direct route connecting the two. Columbus is much closer to Chillicothe and I would think if there's a link to other missing women, it would be with the missing on Columbus's south end rather than Middletown. Anything is possible, though, as we all know.

Maybe we put all the missing women of Ohio in one place. Something is clearly going on there

Thank you for sharing! I'm stunned and saddened for the victims and their families. If this man or these men are responsible, it seems even more tragic. Their lives were taken by people in positions of power and authority. Prayers for answers and justice.

Portsmouth is my hometown. It was always suspicious these cases were never solved. Over time you could tell there was something strange, really strange and scary. Portsmouth is underbelly. One day I was down by the river, the river is right next to the city in a little wooded area just looking out over the water. I had over the ear headphones on listening to music. I was just looking around and caught a man approaching me from behind in my peripheral. I ran like hell. I think back and I probably escaped something awful. Anyways. There are so many weird cases with weird occurrences involving police. If you’ve heard of the Nicole Alloway case ( a woman who met a man in Portsmouth and traveled from North Carolina to meet him, only to get dismembered. Her family was appalled a weirded out by the police response. There’s so many levels of corrupt police and government officials. It’s a scary place.

Please let us know if you find anything in your search.

Here's some of the latest news on Michael Mearan's case

Prosecutors: Michael Mearan violated bond conditions in Portsmouth sex case

From last November

Portsmouth sex trafficking: Why it took police so long to arrest

Brewer said there have been a handful of times that informants have come forward with allegations against Mearan. She describes a process that followed each time, leading to empty results.

She said victims might talk at first, but eventually, they would essentially ghost investigators by moving away from the area, or would just stop talking altogether.

The Enquirer experienced this, too, when reporting for its March 2019 story.

“I’m not sure why that happened, as to why they broke contact or why they would move away,” Brewer said. “So I don’t know exactly what happened there. But I do know that it was tried several times to get it started, and it just never went anywhere.”

IDK, it doesn't seem fair to blame it all on the women who were victims. If it was such common knowledge among people around the court house and around town, there should have been some kind of investigation long ago. JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back