GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

I hope Littleton just gives up and ends his own life. I am afraid it is one of the only endings that will save this innocent couple.

I recall reading a post earlier about the Russel's dog.

In this article it states: The neighbors across the street typically checked in with them several times a day. They noticed that the couple wasn't home Wednesday, so they fed the couple's cats and dog. But when it grew dark and the Russells still weren't home, everyone grew concerned, said the couple's niece.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ase-grows-as-couple-goes-missing.html?sid=101

The rest area on I-75 Southbound between Dayton and Cincinnati isn't that far from the Kentucky and Indiana borders. I say it is likely that Littleton has already left Ohio.

The fact that Littleton has a previous drug offense conviction has me concerned for the well being of the missing elderly couple.

I'm fearful that Littleton has taken their prescription drugs and their car, but they may not be traveling with him.

I am so terribly worried for this couple. I keep checking and checking the thread and the news. I cant imagine what their family must be going through. :( hoping I wake up to a found safe status here...

This man is desperate and dangerous but I really hope he spares this couple their lives.

This is such a sad story all the way through. :(

I'll be driving 6 hrs in NC and VA tomorrow....I'll have my concealed with me, and I swear, If I see this car, I'll follow and stop them! Nothing like a "little silly girl in a nice car" asking directions. ;D so worried for this couple.

This upsets me so much...to me, crimes against the elderly are among the worst possible crimes, I can't bear it when elderly people are hurt or scammed or worse, when they have lived and worked for a little peace toward the end of their lives. I don't pray often, but this couple has all of my prayers, as well as their loved ones. And their pets :(

Maybe he is just using them to drive, he is hiding in the back seat like the coward he is and the car will be pulled over in time...

I just can't stop worrying for the Russels too. I read Richard's wheelchair and walker were left at the home, that he'd suffered a stroke a while back. I just can't see him or his wife driving on I-75.
And how many times is SL going to stop and let them use the bathroom, eat, etc. My older relatives need to stop at least once an hour on car trips.

I can't help but think he isn't traveling with them. :'(

Fate of missing elderly couple worries friends, police

Mrs. Russell is retired from Rockwell International in Bellefontaine, and her husband is a farmer by choice and carpenter by trade. They have no children, so their nieces and nephews, neighbors and friends are gathering close and hoping for the best.

"We want this to have a good ending," said Jim Hall, a nephew of the Russells by marriage. "They've spent their lives doing good for other people, working in their community and doing what's right. It is hard to believe that something could happen to them. We don't want to think that."

Though worry calls for a somber tone, it was still easy for Coder and Hall to smile yesterday as they discussed the Russells' Marquis sedan.

The license plate number - PDG13E - stands for "past district governor of the Lion's Club District 13-E," where the couple devoted much of their extra time and energy.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ly-couple-worries-friends-police.html?sid=101

Attachments

• logan19-art0-g3lbmgbe-10219gfx-logan19-map-eps.jpg
    logan19-art0-g3lbmgbe-10219gfx-logan19-map-eps.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 18
Apologies if this has already been posted, Not alot of details.

The case so far
Feb. 11
4:40 p.m.: Tiffany Brown leaves her two children at home with a sitter and goes out to run errands.

Feb. 12
8:10 a.m.: Brown's mother, Deborah Neeley, reports her missing. The next several days, investigators interview people, try to trace Brown's steps and secure search warrants. They would not say yesterday where they searched or what they found.

Wednesday

Samuel Littleton II, who is Neeley's boyfriend and lives with her on Eastern Avenue in Bellefontaine, is last seen in the morning, either coming from or going to work at a factory in Kenton in Hardin County.

6:19 p.m.: Littleton's truck is found on Washington Township Road 33 in Logan County. Detectives return to the Eastern Avenue house, and Neeley gives them permission to search. They find Brown's body under a pile of scrap wood in the basement.

Neighbors of Gladis and Richard Russell, who live about 2 miles from where Littleton's truck was found, grow concerned that they have apparently been away from home since morning.

11:30-11:45 p.m.: A state trooper running plates of vehicles parked at a rest stop along southbound I-75 in Butler County takes note of the Russells' Grand Marquis sedan. Because they hadn't yet been reported missing, there was no reason for it to trigger any investigation, but it was logged into a computer.

Thursday

The Russells are reported missing, and authorities find a notepad in their farmhouse with the name Sam and Littleton's phone number on it.

Friday
3:01 p.m.: Littleton is charged with murder, abuse of a corpse, tampering with evidence and felonious assault in Brown's death, and a warrant is issued for his arrest.

Source: Bellefontaine police, Logan County sheriff's office, Dispatch interviews

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ogan19---timeline-art-g3lbmgcv-1.html?sid=101

Does anyone know which counties/towns in TN and WV he has family in?

I hope they are checking apt complexes for the car, since Tiffany's car was abandoned that way.

WHIO is announcing a 1 PM press conference today EST on their facebook page.

I'm trying to hope that this guy didn't turn into a professional killer overnight and is just using these poor folks for transportation and protection...that he killed Tiffany in some kind of state and isn't on a spree..and also that neither of the Russells' suffer worsening health from shock, etc...

Come on, LE, this car can't be invisible :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back