GUILTY OK - Kelsey Briggs, 2, beaten to death, Meeker, 11 Oct 2005

Elliemae said:
THANK GOD!!

She's just as guilty, if not more, in my eyes. !!:behindbar
My heart is breaking for this little girl and her father. Her mother Ray Dawn Smith has other children. They should all be taken away from her and she should be given the death sentence. She brought a beautiful little life into this world, only to torture it until it died. This is unconsciencable. This was clearly pre-meditated. And shame on that pediatrician/doctor for lying. Her license should be taken away. How very very sick.

She should be given the death penalty, I mean it, as well as the sick MF who beat, sexually abused her, then ultimately killed her. DEATH PENALTY!

Judges and a broken system.
January 8th, 2006 by Duncan Avatar

Kelsey Smith-Briggs

Our system of protecting some of the most defenseless amongst us must be fixed. Romeocat has a post about the sad and pathetic excuse for a judge who decided to give a child rapist a 60-day sentence for serial raping a 6 year-old girl. The judge sure doesn’t care about putting a monster back on the street to hurt other little children. He doesn’t care about justice for the six-year-old whose life has been warped by a sick, putrid, disgusting, pile of filth that deserves to be left in a room with the parents, chained to the floor, and brillo pads and hack-saws. Sounds rough eh? Not nearly as rough as being a six year old and BEING RAPED REPEATEDLY.

Now on to the sweet little girl whose picture is above. Her name is Kelsey Smith-Briggs. She is the latest story here in Oklahoma. Poor little Kelsey died October 11th. She didn’t die at the hands of rapists, or serial murderers. But at the hands of those who were supposed to nuture, love, and care for her, her mother and step-father.

more at:

http://parrotcheck.com/2006/01/

There's a photo of the little angel too. :(

From that same link:

The final months of Kelsey Smith-Briggs’ life
Jan. 9, 2005: Kelsey suffers a broken collarbone and bruises while in the care of her mom, Raye Dawn Smith.

(hmmmm. Okay, kids play and get hurt. -D.A.)

Jan. 24: Kelsey is moved to her paternal grandmother, Kathie Briggs.

April: Kelsey is still in Briggs’ care but visits her mom regularly. She breaks both shins.

(hmmmm. Seems to have an awful lot of “playing and getting hurt” in her mothers “care” - D.A.)

April 18: Raye Dawn Smith marries Michael Lee Porter.

May 3: Kelsey is placed in state Department of Human Services custody because of the broken legs. She is moved to her maternal grandmother, Gayla Smith.

(YAY! Someone finally pulled their heads out of their arses and finally took that poor child out of an apparently abusive situation -D.A.)

June 15: Lincoln County Associate District Judge Craig Key rules that who abused Kelsey is unknown. The judge returns Kelsey to her mother.

(Just cue the “imperial march” here folks! In comes the Black Robed Wonder who returns Kelsey to her mother and step-father because the abuser is “unknown”. Let me widdle it down for ya there Judge Key, it is either the MOTHER or the STEP-FATHER. Sending the lamb back amongst the wolves. -D.A.)

Aug. 19: Kelsey is hurt in a car accident.

Oct. 11: Kelsey dies, allegedly after her stepfather, Michael Porter, strikes her in the stomach at their home near Meeker.

(Too late. Another innocent dies at the hands of an evil monster because of a Black Robed Wonder. -D.A.)

Jeana (DP) said:
Judges and a broken system.
January 8th, 2006 by Duncan Avatar

Kelsey Smith-Briggs

Our system of protecting some of the most defenseless amongst us must be fixed. Romeocat has a post about the sad and pathetic excuse for a judge who decided to give a child rapist a 60-day sentence for serial raping a 6 year-old girl. The judge sure doesn’t care about putting a monster back on the street to hurt other little children. He doesn’t care about justice for the six-year-old whose life has been warped by a sick, putrid, disgusting, pile of filth that deserves to be left in a room with the parents, chained to the floor, and brillo pads and hack-saws. Sounds rough eh? Not nearly as rough as being a six year old and BEING RAPED REPEATEDLY.

Now on to the sweet little girl whose picture is above. Her name is Kelsey Smith-Briggs. She is the latest story here in Oklahoma. Poor little Kelsey died October 11th. She didn’t die at the hands of rapists, or serial murderers. But at the hands of those who were supposed to nuture, love, and care for her, her mother and step-father.

more at:

http://parrotcheck.com/2006/01/

There's a photo of the little angel too. :(
Indeed a face of an angel.

I am too sick to speak, my eyes are crying, my heart is breaking. This poor sweet baby never knew a moments joy or felt a mother's warm love. She was tortured every day of her young life, there is just no way we can comprehend the pain and fear and helplessness she felt. It shakes me to my core.

Her good for nothing parents need to be put to death immediately. The good for nothing judge, well hopefully he will be 'judged' someday as well. Broken bones and bruises all over and the worker says everything is FINE! Well how's this for fine, a little baby girls death is on your hands now.

The world is full of beautiful little angels, like Kelsey, and the world is full of evil, like the mom and step dad and the judge and the social worker. May those that perpertrated this evil or contributed to it and chose not to rescue her by doing nothing, rot in hell and I hope the devil makes you his a number one target. I cannot think of a punishment harsh enough for what you did. Maybe first you need the *advertiser censored* beat out of you and a few bones broke then we can get someone from Al-Queda to cut off your head, yep that should do it.

It won't bring Kelsey back but justice would indeed be served...

You are an angel with God now little Kelsey, I'm sorry for the evil you suffered here on earth, I wish I had known you and could have saved you.

Jeana (DP) said:
From that same link:

The final months of Kelsey Smith-Briggs’ life
Jan. 9, 2005: Kelsey suffers a broken collarbone and bruises while in the care of her mom, Raye Dawn Smith.

(hmmmm. Okay, kids play and get hurt. -D.A.)

Jan. 24: Kelsey is moved to her paternal grandmother, Kathie Briggs.

April: Kelsey is still in Briggs’ care but visits her mom regularly. She breaks both shins.

(hmmmm. Seems to have an awful lot of “playing and getting hurt” in her mothers “care” - D.A.)

April 18: Raye Dawn Smith marries Michael Lee Porter.

May 3: Kelsey is placed in state Department of Human Services custody because of the broken legs. She is moved to her maternal grandmother, Gayla Smith.

(YAY! Someone finally pulled their heads out of their arses and finally took that poor child out of an apparently abusive situation -D.A.)

June 15: Lincoln County Associate District Judge Craig Key rules that who abused Kelsey is unknown. The judge returns Kelsey to her mother.

(Just cue the “imperial march” here folks! In comes the Black Robed Wonder who returns Kelsey to her mother and step-father because the abuser is “unknown”. Let me widdle it down for ya there Judge Key, it is either the MOTHER or the STEP-FATHER. Sending the lamb back amongst the wolves. -D.A.)

Aug. 19: Kelsey is hurt in a car accident.

Oct. 11: Kelsey dies, allegedly after her stepfather, Michael Porter, strikes her in the stomach at their home near Meeker.

(Too late. Another innocent dies at the hands of an evil monster because of a Black Robed Wonder. -D.A.)
I am outraged at this one. This just may be the catalyst for me to have to do something.

lol

Watch out guys! :eek:

Elliemae is gunnin' for ya.

This just burns me to no end. I think we should have the heads of the judge, the doctor, and the caseworker. They should all go to jail as well be given the death penalty. I mean, isn't that what they gave Kelsey afterall?

I can't believe this isn't a national case.

:furious:

I wonder if sometimes it isn't best to take matters into your own hands. Kelsey's grandparents did everything possible to save their granddaughter. We are taught to follow the rules and laws...but just who are these rules and laws protecting? So now a child is dead...and the mother and stepfather will probably be punished. But folks, at least they still have their lives - Kelsey doesn't. It just isn't fair.

cathieq said:
I wonder if sometimes it isn't best to take matters into your own hands. Kelsey's grandparents did everything possible to save their granddaughter. We are taught to follow the rules and laws...but just who are these rules and laws protecting? So now a child is dead...and the mother and stepfather will probably be punished. But folks, at least they still have their lives - Kelsey doesn't. It just isn't fair.
I was thinking exactly the same thing; wishing that the grandparents had kidnapped her and taken her away. And as wrong as it is, I now find myself hoping that the dad serves justice to the piece of that did this to his little girl while he was off at war. My heart breaks for him.

I just can't stop thinking about her. Look at the picture in this link of her leaning on her Daddy's legs with her face in her hands. What a beautiful, beautiful child. My heart truly aches for her. Kelsey's Law is too late for Kelsey. :( :( :(

KSBI-TV - Home - Senate Approves Kelsey's Law

The bill would significantly reform the way courts and the state Department of Human Services handle cases related to child abuse and neglect...

The bill would give DHS and judges the authority to request investigative resources from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. Additionally, the measure would establish stronger review procedures allowing for greater input by those acting as advocates for a child’s safety, health and welfare. Under the legislation, Court Appointed Special Advocates would also be required to meet national training standards...

SewingDeb said:
I saw the comment from DHS (from the link in the first post) and it makes me sick.

“The question is ‘who messed up?’ The person who messed up did all these things. That is the person who messed up, period.” says DHS, official George Johnson

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it appears that DHS is not accepting any of the blame in letting this child return to a clearly abusive home.
In some states DHS primary mandate is not to protect children but to get
the kids unified with family and off the state's dime. So they will return
the kids to horrible parents over and over again . Shocking to find this out.

CHANDLER-The stepfather of Kelsey Smith-Briggs was accused Friday in an amended charge of sexually abusing the 2-year-old girl as well as murdering her...

The new accusation of sexual abuse is the latest twist in a high-publicity case that has led to reform legislation and lawsuits...
http://www.newsok.com/article/2775342

OMG That poor, poor baby!

cathieq said:
CHANDLER-The stepfather of Kelsey Smith-Briggs was accused Friday in an amended charge of sexually abusing the 2-year-old girl as well as murdering her...

The new accusation of sexual abuse is the latest twist in a high-publicity case that has led to reform legislation and lawsuits...
http://www.newsok.com/article/2775342
Thanks for the update, Cath.

If you click on the right, you can access pictures of all of the players. What scum. I'm so glad that the father is pressing charges on everyone, including the children's services department. I hope he sees justice.

This is such a tragedy.

The mother has divorced the , now. I think she may have married him for the money, as he is 26 yo and head of some company - probably a family run company - he looks like a . Gee, hmmm, money or abusing my child - oh, I'll just turn a blind eye 'cuz i's needs da money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scumbags, all of them. The mother should be locked away. She'll probably be pregnant again by the time of her trial. Mark my words.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

This is terrible. It brings tears to my eyes. This baby could have been helped by the state. What kind of people do they having working for the state that this could even happen? :(

I wonder sometimes about all the evil in the world, all the torture done to these babies and helpless animals. It's so sad. The question would be what can be done? I can't even begin to think of an answer to that question.

What a beautiful angel. I spent some time reading all the information about her and looking at her pictures.

I have some questions. From birth until the months before her death, she looked very well taken care of - like she was the apple of her parent's eye. A lot of the photos taken were professionaly taken and there were some comments that her mom liked to take her to get them done. Pictures show that she had ton's of toys, went places etc., had a beautiful room.

This just seems so odd to me. The few photos I have seen with Kelsey and her mom - her mom looks happy and proud also.

What was the change? How long had Kelsey's mom been with this man? How'd she meet him?

I am just stunned because from all the pictures it looks like Kelsey was a much loved little girl, even by her mom. Then all of a sudden her mom meets this man and flips out!!!

Those pictures of Kelsey with 2 casts on just break my heart. How in the hell does a 2 years old break her collar bone, break her SHINS, get in a car wreck and look like heck (which shouldn't be possible if she wa sin her car seat), and then die of massive trauma in a few short months and the state just thinks it is a coincidence.

Bless her dad and famiyl

Nothing new to report, it seems, but I was thinking about Kelsey today. Here's an old article about how neighbors feel about the family of this beautiful child:

Kelsey Briggs's family handle threats

... They've also received letters describing Kelsey's death in detail. One ended up in all the mailboxes in the Oklahoma City neighborhood where Raye Dawn has been staying.

The author says, “I just want to make sure you are informed that you have a suspected murderer and suspected child molester living in your neighborhood, especially if you have children. It was signed by an anonymous concerned citizen of Oklahoma...

2luvmy said:
This just seems so odd to me. The few photos I have seen with Kelsey and her mom - her mom looks happy and proud also.
I agree. I don't know what her mother's situation is but sadly, there are many women out there that put a man before their children. Maybe this is an extreme example of that? I've seen it dozens of times with certain people I've known on a much smaller scale.

update http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289849,00.html
BRISTOW, Okla. — A Creek County jury convicted a Meeker woman on Wednesday of enabling child abuse in the death of her 2-year-old daughter.
The jury recommended a prison sentence of 27 years for Raye Dawn Smith, 27. Jurors deliberated for about 2 1/2 hours before returning with their verdict.
Smith, who could have received life in prison on the charge, lowered her head and cried, "I don't understand. Help me," when the 12-member jury announced its unanimous verdict.
Prosecutors said Smith bears responsibility for the injuries that killed 2-year-old Kelsey Smith-Briggs.
"This trial is about her accountability," District Attorney Richard Smothermon said during a 45-minute closing argument in the felony child-abuse case against Smith. "This defendant abused her child. She either did it or let it happen."
As he spoke, Smith wept at the defense table next to her attorney, Steve Huddleston.
"Tears do not absolve you of your accountability," Smothermon said. "Kelsey Smith died — died."
==============
more @ link.

update http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289849,00.html
BRISTOW, Okla. — A Creek County jury convicted a Meeker woman on Wednesday of enabling child abuse in the death of her 2-year-old daughter.
The jury recommended a prison sentence of 27 years for Raye Dawn Smith, 27. Jurors deliberated for about 2 1/2 hours before returning with their verdict.
Smith, who could have received life in prison on the charge, lowered her head and cried, "I don't understand. Help me," when the 12-member jury announced its unanimous verdict.
Prosecutors said Smith bears responsibility for the injuries that killed 2-year-old Kelsey Smith-Briggs.
"This trial is about her accountability," District Attorney Richard Smothermon said during a 45-minute closing argument in the felony child-abuse case against Smith. "This defendant abused her child. She either did it or let it happen."
As he spoke, Smith wept at the defense table next to her attorney, Steve Huddleston.
"Tears do not absolve you of your accountability," Smothermon said. "Kelsey Smith died — died."
==============
more @ link.

Good. I am still not sure the mom did it, but it sounds like either she did or she knew it was going on. Scum of the earth. How sad. Such a pretty little baby too. So innocent. And daddy was away defending our country, and couldn't defend his own child. From the articles I read, one of THE most horrific abuse cases reported in OK.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher
Back