OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Pictures Ruby Red! But your pictures are worth 1000 more questions.

I need help understanding why they have to look in everyone's attic for Kyron. (I know they have more experience than I do in these things.) (okay, lots more)

But what can be the thinking with regard to attics, I wonder?
That someone borrowed a local attic and did away with Kyron?
That Kyron's trying to set the Guinness World Record for hide & seek?
That Kyron forgot something in someone's attic and went looking for it?
Are they thinking like a perp when the go into everyone's attics?
Or are they thinking like a kid?
Or is this the only attic searched because it was a target house?
Do they just need to be suspicious of every house 2 miles from ground zero?
Does anyone know?
Is it TGIF yet?

BBM:
could be thinking like a criminal (Ronald Cummings) ..:dance:

Sorry, but I almost spit my coffee out when I read that...LOL

At the dinner table this evening, my husband and I took the opportunity to talk to our girls (who are 5-1/2) about Kyron missing. Mainly, it was to get them to eat their potato salad that I made... lol We had a discussion about how he's lost and not with his family. They were sad. One of my daughters had a great point...lol... I know, out of the mouths of babes. She said, "Maybe a bad man took him to his house and he didn't want to be there and wanted to go home so left the house and got lost in the woods trying to get home." I said, huh.... there's one theory we haven't sleuthed yet... I'm going to tell my friends! :D

ETA: Oh! And I told the girls he loves frogs and they told me they saw a tree frog tonight, so maybe that's a good sign...

Please read!

Transcribed from this afternoon's press conference on why LE is not releasing more information:

Our investigation at this point remains ongoing.

I realize that at earlier briefings Captain Gates has not been able to answer all of your questions regarding the investigative portion of this operation.

I do want to reiterate that we don't release many details of an ongoing investigation for a number of reasons.

Early release of information can affect the operation and integrity of the investigation.

New and incoming information is often unconfirmed and needs substantiation prior to release.

Misleading information can harm both search efforts and the investigation.

If there is information that will cause community participation that will aid in search and rescue efforts, we will bring that information forward.

Can you please provide the link to the teacher's blog?

TIA
BeanE

Sure I'll go get it. Last night when it was posted, the poster was very hesitant about putting the link on. It might be our poster found that link in a comment section from an article. That is why I didn't post it earlier, that plus it has been wiped clean today. Absolutely nothing on Mrs Porter's page or any other staff member that I clicked on. School doesn't end till the 15th or 16th so I found that odd.

Be right back: http://www.skyline.pps.k12.or.us/ You will be directed to their new site, click on staff, then member. xox

At the dinner table this evening, my husband and I took the opportunity to talk to our girls (who are 5-1/2) about Kyron missing. Mainly, it was to get them to eat their potato salad that I made... lol We had a discussion about how he's lost and not with his family. They were sad. One of my daughters had a great point...lol... I know, out of the mouths of babes. She said, "Maybe a bad man took him to his house and he didn't want to be there and wanted to go home so left the house and got lost in the woods trying to get home." I said, huh.... there's one theory we haven't sleuthed yet... I'm going to tell my friends! :D

I love the way they picture Kyron choosing not to stay with the bad man and walking to the woods trying to find his way home. Oh, Gibby, your girls just made me cry. :(

One question. Exactly how did that make them eat their potato salad, hmmmm???? :waitasec:

Long thread is long. o-0

Excellent question. Her and the substitute too.

In the statement that was read, she was working with the kids to get them finished up with what they needed to know for the coming school year, something to that effect. If she is working on finishing things up, she must be teaching them still.

jmoo

I love the way they picture Kyron choosing not to stay with the bad man and walking to the woods trying to find his way home. Oh, Gibby, your girls just made me cry. :(

One question. Exactly how did that make them eat their potato salad, hmmmm???? :waitasec:

lol... Well, about the potato salad, we were explaining there are hungry kids out there so they were lucky to have such yummy stuff. lol (No, they didn't eat it lol)

They made me cry really now, as I showed them that you tube video posted about Kyron. They watched it with me and said, "I miss him. He needs to come home now." Then, they were worried about him eating, and my one daughter said "If he comes here, we'll make sure we feed him and keep him until they can get him." Well, I lost it right there so need a minute to gather myself... ugh....

lol... Well, about the potato salad, we were explaining there are hungry kids out there so they were lucky to have such yummy stuff. lol (No, they didn't eat it lol)

They made me cry really now, as I showed them that you tube video posted about Kyron. They watched it with me and said, "I miss him. He needs to come home now." Then, they were worried about him eating, and my one daughter said "If he comes here, we'll make sure we feed him and keep him until they can get him." Well, I lost it right there so need a minute to gather myself... ugh....

Gosh, out of the mouth of babes - just look at the empathy your babies have, not a mean thought in their head. :hug: to your babes.

IMO, I do not think LE has a clue of where he is or what happened. This is very sad, it has been way to long.

...to which I can see them 'sacrificing' their portions for Kyron to make sure here is plenty for him as well. ;)

((( gibby )))

Unfortunately, these threads are moving so fast I can't say for sure; the dropping Kyron, coat in classroom, etc I believe I read in an article, she took his picture in front of his display, walked with him towards his classroom and soon before getting to the classroom door they say their goodbyes? Perhaps I also saw a comment and mistook it for a snippet from an article?

K, found it. So i misunderstood the setting up his display elsewhere. Then :

And then:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

I know! These threads are moving like wildfire! lol

We know he dropped his stuff off, but haven't gotten confirmation other than the comment (and maybe logic) that he left it there.

Personally, I believe he left it there too, but it just hasn't been confirmed yet that I know of.

ETA: Oh! And I told the girls he loves frogs and they told me they saw a tree frog tonight, so maybe that's a good sign...
awww gibby! :) kids always want to figure out a way to make it right. it makes me feel good when children are taught compassion! sounds like you have some real sweeties at your house!

I was trying to explain Kyron missing to my just shy of 4-year old son (he's also very familiar with Baby Gabriel) b/c I was so sad driving home, and he told me "I think he went into the woods and then got hurt because he got too close to an alligator. Because alligator's can hurt you if you get too close." He's clearly been learning about alligator's at preschool!

In the statement that was read, she was working with the kids to get them finished up with what they needed to know for the coming school year, something to that effect. If she is working on finishing things up, she must be teaching them still.

jmoo

Oh that's right! I had completely forgotten about that. Thanks, raeann.

Sure I'll go get it. Last night when it was posted, the poster was very hesitant about putting the link on. It might be our poster found that link in a comment section from an article. That is why I didn't post it earlier, that plus it has been wiped clean today. Absolutely nothing on Mrs Porter's page or any other staff member that I clicked on. School doesn't end till the 15th or 16th so I found that odd.

Be right back: http://www.skyline.pps.k12.or.us/ You will be directed to their new site, click on staff, then member. xox

I clicked on teacher's blogs and some are up to date.

This one is
http://www.skylinek8.org/?q=/blog/33

click on teacher's name under staff directory ( right side of page )

http://www.skylinek8.org/

Ugh... Do you ever have the feeling that there's too much evil in the world? That maybe one person or 50 or 50,000 or 5 million can't fix? Maybe I shouldn't have talked to my girls about Kyron's disappearance. I don't want that on their minds... I think I need to walk away this evening, still thinking of Kyron, and get a fresh start tomorrow. I think I'm too sensitive for this shizzle. lol (my snarky masks my anxiety, that's how I roll)

Of course, as I type this, my girls are now onto the baby porcupines at Northwest Trek and playing with my voodoo doll from Louisiana! lol Maybe life is good after all... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerman Chief