Other People Possibly Involved / Clark may have had HELP???

I read earlier that the lie detector tests were given fairly early in the investigation. Perhaps the GF helped him AFTER she took her polygraph test and she didn't know about the murder when she was tested.

I've been thinking about it and wouldn't you be frightened if someone asked you to help hide a body, fearful that they might kill you if you didn't go along with them or appear to be on their side? That's about the only reason I can come up with for why someone would help with such a horrific request.

I don't think anyone else was even administered a poly.

^^My first words would be "Very funny." Then it would take him about an hour to convince me he wasn't joking(we tend to joke a lot in my family). Then it would be, "Dude, you have to turn yourself in. Nobody ever really gets by with that crap, and they'll go easier on you. Don't you watch CSI?"

Wouldn't that be most of us?

Yeah, I can't figure out the people who do this. I wouldn't even do this for my own kids. Sorry, but I like to be able to sleep at night and not worry about going to hell when I die.

Blood is thicker than water. I would bet on the sister before anyone else.

However, the New York Post and Fox "News" are both quazi-tabloids. I would wait for a more reputable source before jumping to any conclusions.

Quasi-tabloids owned by the same company - News Corp.

I read earlier that the lie detector tests were given fairly early in the investigation. Perhaps the GF helped him AFTER she took her polygraph test and she didn't know about the murder when she was tested.

I've been thinking about it and wouldn't you be frightened if someone asked you to help hide a body, fearful that they might kill you if you didn't go along with them or appear to be on their side? That's about the only reason I can come up with for why someone would help with such a horrific request.

I'm all for helping people, but that request would terrify me!

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/news_wtnh_rumor_control_no_2nd_arrest_pending_200909171823
Quote:
There is no known motive behind Annie Le's killing yet, but police feel confident in telling News Channel 8 that so far, the evidence points to just one person.
In the hours after the murder, the days of Annie Le's disappearance, did Raymond Clark have an accomplice?
New Haven Police Chief James Lewis says that is a false rumor.

Yeah, accomplice in the murder is what he's referring to. I wondered why he didn't specifically say "nobody else was involved". Something else, why did he demean Raymond's position knowing full well there's other family members that work in the same area? You'd think he'd want to stay on their "good side" so they'd offer assistance whenever law enforcement needs it. This is just a thought, but it's definitely been bugging me. Cops always talk in doublespeak...sometimes I look too far into things. This may be one of those times, however it's important to note that Raymond was not a janitor. I know he did it to rile him, but then I think about what it had to make his sister, bil, & gf feel like. I clean up after my children, I changed their diapers, I take them places they need to go - that in no way makes me a janitor. Kwim? I just wonder if there's another meaning to the chief's choice of words.

Yeah, accomplice in the murder is what he's referring to. I wondered why he didn't specifically say "nobody else was involved". Something else, why did he demean Raymond's position knowing full well there's other family members that work in the same area? You'd think he'd want to stay on their "good sides" so they'd offer assistance whenever law enforcement needs it. This is just a thought, but it's definitely been bigging me. Cops always talk in doublespeak...sometimes I look to far into things. This may be one of those times, however it's important to note that Raymond was not a janitor. I know he did it to rile him, but then I think about what it had to make his sister, bil, & gf feel like. I clean up after my children, I changed their diapers, I take them places they need to go - that in no way makes me a janitor. Kwim? I just wonder if there's another meaning to the chief's choice of words.

WOw not sure what to say. If that was said to the arrested dude, I wonder if it was to see what kind of temper he had or what buttons he had that one could push inadvertently or deliberately. IDK. That sounds so simple tho; but sometimes it is.

Jersey Girl, the meaning is that he hates him. He's seen Annie's body or pictures of her deceased. He's seen the ugly side of life every day of his career and the terrible things that people to do each other. Things that the general public almost never see for themselves. She was a sweet young girl with her whole life ahead of her and some piece of s*** brutally took it away from her.

That is what he sees, and that is why the suspect is described as a lowly "janitor". He's even far below that, and police would like to describe him with all sorts of bad names. But they are being nice and professional about it, and they don't want to show too much bias, which could jeopardize the case. But one thing that you can be sure of is that you certainly aren't going to see him described in a positive way by the people who have seen first hand what he has done.

Disclaimer: "allegedly" has done

Jersey Girl, the meaning is that he hates him. He's seen Annie's body or pictures of her deceased. He's seen the ugly side of life every day of his career and the terrible things that people to do each other. Things that the general public almost never see for themselves. She was a sweet young girl with her whole life ahead of her and some piece of s*** brutally took it away from her.

That is what he sees, and that is why the suspect is described as a lowly "janitor". He's even far below that, and police would like to describe him with all sorts of bad names. But they are being nice and professional about it, and they don't want to show too much bias, which could jeopardize the case. But one thing that you can be sure of is that you certainly aren't going to see him described in a positive way by the people who have seen first hand what he has done.

Disclaimer: "allegedly" has done

Ok, thanks. For some reason I'm thinking there's more to it, though. He worked at the same place as his sister, brother in law, and girlfriend. I just can't fathom how none of those people noticed something amiss. It seems so unreal to me. I was thinking that may be why the chief worded it the way he did.

Ok, thanks. For some reason I'm thinking there's more to it, though. He worked at the same place as his sister, brother in law, and girlfriend. I just can't fathom how none of those people noticed something amiss. It seems so unreal to me. I was thinking that may be why the chief worded it the way he did.

No I definitely think the family all picked up something had happened and he may even have ended up confessing or alluding to it-anyway they all didn't show up for work after body found right?

It's a 120,000 square foot building. That's a pretty big building and would have hundreds of rooms. It's also controlled with key and card access. So it's not like some wide open cubicle farm or something where you can see what's going on in other parts of the building easily. The family members might have worked in other parts of the building or even worked different shifts.

But I would bet that they knew what was up by the weekend considering their actions. Why would all 4 family members suddenly not show up to work if nothing was wrong? They probably saw police all over their neighborhood watching, and RC likely confided in one or more of them what he had done. Although he probably told it like he was the victim as sociopaths tend to do.

HeyJoe, do you think it's possible the family members' supervisors might have called them and told them not to come in?

I agree -- their not showing up to work en masse is definitely suspicious, but I wonder if it was because the higher-ups felt it would be too disruptive to have the relatives of the POI at the lab.

HeyJoe, do you think it's possible the family members' supervisors might have called them and told them not to come in?

I agree -- their not showing up to work en masse is definitely suspicious, but I wonder if it was because the higher-ups felt it would be too disruptive to have the relatives of the POI at the lab.

That's what I think. To further ask, I do wonder if they are off with pay? Or without pay...

It's a 120,000 square foot building. That's a pretty big building and would have hundreds of rooms. It's also controlled with key and card access. So it's not like some wide open cubicle farm or something where you can see what's going on in other parts of the building easily. The family members might have worked in other parts of the building or even worked different shifts.

But I would bet that they knew what was up by the weekend considering their actions. Why would all 4 family members suddenly not show up to work if nothing was wrong? They probably saw police all over their neighborhood watching, and RC likely confided in one or more of them what he had done. Although he probably told it like he was the victim as sociopaths tend to do.

No, it's been stated the family members worked for the same department...which is why I questioned if they were stationed at the Amistad Building, or elsewhere on campus. They all work with animals. Animals are in the basement of the Amistad Building. It's a contained area with multiple card-key rooms.

I keep wondering what his childhood was like, and more importantly, if he and his sister grew up in an environment with alot of arguing. Would that make them have a closer bond with one another? I wonder if the parents are still married. If not, was the divorce recent? Perhaps they stayed together for the kids while they were young, for financial reasons or just stability for the kids, then divorced...and maybe Ron couldn't hold it together anymore. This is completely hypothetical. I wonder about this b/c it's been said that they grew up in a decent neighborhood that ended up turning bad, so they moved. Then it turns out the parents had rented that house, not actually owned it. Then moved to a condo. Now to hear that Ron stayed with his dad for a period of time or something to that effect. Just brainstorming & wondering if this could have made Ray & his sister closer.

Quick question:

Anyone think maybe Raymond's father talked some sense to him about "doing the right thing" and that's why he never met with the bond officer (or whatever they're called) to determine if he was a flight risk? I wonder why his father spent the night with him in the motel room. Possibly b/c he knew it would be the last time he could be with his "free" son? For some reason I'm holding out hope that if Raymond is guilty, and he knows he's guilty, that he'll do the right thing and own up to his failure. Maybe spare the death penalty by doing so, but spend the rest of his life behind bars.

For some reason I'm holding out hope that if Raymond is guilty, and he knows he's guilty, that he'll do the right thing and own up to his failure. Maybe spare the death penalty by doing so, but spend the rest of his life behind bars.

I agree. I don't think this kid is Hannibal Lecter. His frenetic, disorganized actions after the murder make a pretty convincing case to me that he didn't plan to kill her when he invited her to the lab. A criminal mastermind he ain't.

Hopefully he'll be straight with his attorneys about his role in Le's death, and they'll convince him to come clean and take a plea deal.

No, it's been stated the family members worked for the same department...which is why I questioned if they were stationed at the Amistad Building, or elsewhere on campus. They all work with animals. Animals are in the basement of the Amistad Building. It's a contained area with multiple card-key rooms.

There might be other buildings that house animals though. Those buildings would still have animal care staff (it'd be the same department, just a different building).

There might be other buildings that house animals though. Those buildings would still have animal care staff (it'd be the same department, just a different building).

There are other animal facilities on campus, even a resident vet as would be expected on any campus doing research involving animals. It's been stated that his family worked "with" him, which is why I'm wondering exactly where they worked...be it in the same room(s) he's assigned to, another room on the ground floor, or another building altogether...or do they travel from one facility to another? kwim? I thought I read somewhere that his sister worked with him...(with)...then his girlfriend posted that little blog complaining about rumors that were going around their workplace...("their" workplace), which makes me wonder if she directly worked with him or down the hall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace
Back