PA PA - Monroe Twp, 'Penny Doe', WhtFem 20-40, 246UFPA, near RR trestle, Rt leg broken, Jul'90

... They said they would use my information as a lead. I wonder if they are aware that the police ruled the two out as the same? I am confused by the two separate responses. ...

That is quite common for the multiple agencies (i.e., the agency in charge of the Missing Person case, the agency in charge of the UID, NCMEC, and especially, NamUs) don't communicate with each other on who they have ruled out. On many occasions, I have had agencies look at a possible match for a UID and say it looks promising, and when they call the people on the MP side, they find out that it had already been looked at and ruled out.

But if NCMEC is willing to look a second time at the case, that's great. There is always the possibility that she was ruled out in error.

Also, in most cases, the NamUs rule-out list is not the list of all the people who have been ruled out. Rather, it is only the possible matches that the NamUs automated matching system has proposed and that have been ruled out.

The information I got on Penny was that upon finding her body she was quite decomposed. So the possibility of them having her exact hieght and description is hard to do. I just wanted to post this so the possibility of it being Meredith Ann wouldn't be completely ruled out. Meredith went missing on valentines day of 89'. And no word has ever been heard back from her... nothing. Also Meredith's step-mother went missing in August of 84'. Meaning some people in our family have suffered the lose of two family members and have never got any closure on either.

Oh sorry forgot to add Meredith had one front tooth shorter than the other and also had a slight overbite. Her dental records and DNA both are with the NCMEC and NCIC.

Thank you Medina for the useful information. Have you contacted the police contact listed on Penny Doe's Namus page, or the caseworker on Meredith's missing person page? If not, I would do so. Do you have any more info on Meredith? How are you related? Anything you can give them is useful. When I contacted the police on Penny's page via email, he got back to me the same day and the person for missing and exploited children got back to me the next day. Meredith does look like Penny Doe, and since her teeth were similar, I wouldn't hesitate to contact them. Please keep me updated.

Merediths father was married to my grandmother, Nancy Jean Medina. Nancy Jean Medina is also a missing person. Nancy went missing Aug 3rd 1984, Meredith was about 11 at the time. I actually have alot of information about these two women but Im not sure what im allowed to say on here??? I talk to Merediths mother quite often and if there is something I don't know, she will. I did contact PA Trooper, Midwest City PD, NCMEC, and Namus. They are going to compare dentals and then dna, if the dentals match. I also contacted "project alert" they are retired detectives that pick up cases for missing children. If this doesn't work out, I just want Nancy and Merediths story to be told and for our families to have some closure. Im so glad you took interest, people like you make a difference in so many life's... Thank you. I contacted the above mentioned a couple of weeks ago, and called them back today, where they told me their plans to compare. If you have any more info/advice for me I'd really appriciate that. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your response. I sincerely hope you and your family get the answers you so greatly deserve. After I read your first post in regards to Meredith having one short and one long tooth, I also emailed law enforcement office listed, but his email said he was out until tomorrow... I am so glad you contacted everyone you could think of...that way this won't fall into the cracks.

I saw on earlier posts that some people were writing about how Meredith looked like Penny Doe. I was sure if anything was done at that time, but hopefully it will be looked into now. Have you seen the Pennsylvania Missing Website? It states Penny Doe was anywhere from 105 to 120 lbs. That is a broad range. Also, the height of 5 feet is only an estimate.

<modsnip>

I am wishing you the best.

hi,

I have been following this thread for a year or so, and have posted a couple of times. I have read recent threads and just thought I might add a little input.
I live in Clarion, and can remember when they posted in the newspaper about a letter being sent to the police. They claimed that whoever wrote the letter knew what happened.
Clarion is a small community and also has a university.
Also, I know someone who lives in the area of where she was found, and according to this person, there are people that live in the area that do not have the best of reputations. I know the state police stated in the article that they would like the person who wrote the letter to come forward, but nothing ever came about.
I am not sure if you know the area for which she was found, but it is very remote, I am also not sure if you had looked at the photos that were first posted by the gentleman that started this post.
If you need any local research just let me know and I will try.
I do not recall any local missing persons around that time. Music Alley was performed maybe 10-15 miles away.

Thanks for the info! Medina has contacted LE in both OK and PA and they are in the process of comparing dentals and DNA. We should know soon if "Penny" and Meredith are one in the same. Maybe knowing who she is will help LE arrest/convict whoever did this to her.

Since there was an excellent photo of Penny Doe's skull in NamUs, I decided to give my own alternative version of how she might look.

This version bears very little resemblance to the official version. But even if her overall look is off, I'm pretty confident that the facial structure is accurate, as the skull aligns to all key points. Looking at the skull, I don't see any support for the broad jawline shown in the official version. Also, the official version depicts her with somewhat of an ethnically mixed look (perhaps Native), although she is described as a simply as a "white female". NamUs lists her race as "White" and her ethnicity as "Other". NamUs only allows two options for ethnicity (i.e., "Hispanic/Latino" and "Other")

Since she had a very distinctive dental characteristic (i.e., double upper-right canines resulting from the retention of a baby tooth), I did a smiling depiction. However, since her #7 and #8 teeth were lost postmortem, I had to add those in without a clear idea of how they looked.

They must have found the teeth, as they are included in the description. It indicates that one front tooth was longer than the other, and that one was chipped (perhaps postmortem). However, it does not indicate which was the longer tooth, and which was shorter, or which one was chipped. I did the recon presuming the left (#9) was very slightly longer than the right (#8), and that the chip occurred postmortem.

625ee9c1-fefb-4514-879d-d8ddaf116193.jpg

Also, how do you get from "children hunting berries" to "teens hunting bears" but yet the "thought was a deer" part matches? What is LE's angle regarding the 'disparity'? Who really found Penny and what were they doing in that location when they found her? This tells me LE expects this crime to be *very* local and possibly those who found her were indirectly led to be in that area for the actual purpose of 'discovering' Penny.

BBM Teens fall into the children category and bears and berries jumped right out at me as a mistake made by whoever typed up the handwritten report.

This is an awesome reconstruction! BTW, The initial comparison on Meredith Medina's dentals were negative. The Namus person told Meredith's relative, however, she was not comfortable ruling her out until she had an Ondontologist compare the dentals. Would you be able to post your reconstruction on Penny Doe's webpage?

I found 8 Facebook pages for a "Penny Doe", none of which appear to be related to this case.

I'm sorry. You are right. It is a My Space Page for Penny Doe. I thought I saw one for her on Facebook too, but am mistaken.

I just found this thread so sorry it has taken me a while to chime in. I just wanted to say in regards to the baby tooth the fact that she still has one does not mean she hasn't had any dental care. My grandmother still has one of her baby teeth. She has had dental care her entire life but all of her dentists have always told her since there is no adult tooth above it and it hasn't cause her any problems there is no reason to remove it.

I just found this thread so sorry it has taken me a while to chime in. I just wanted to say in regards to the baby tooth the fact that she still has one does not mean she hasn't had any dental care. My grandmother still has one of her baby teeth. She has had dental care her entire life but all of her dentists have always told her since there is no adult tooth above it and it hasn't cause her any problems there is no reason to remove it.

I don't think that the existence of a baby tooth is their only basis for concluding that she didn't have dental care.

She also didn't have any fillings or extractions. Her four wisdom teeth were still there, although they were just coming in.

I just saw on the Namus Website they ruled out two possible missing persons for Penny Doe. One was born in the 1930 and one in 1941. Seriously???? That doesn't take rocket science, since Penny was found in 1990 and was between the ages of 15 and 22. Waste of taxpayer dollars IMO.

I forgot to mention... Both of the Penny Doe rule outs are named Beverly.
Could this be some inside information that there is suspicion that Penny Doe's real name is Beverly??? Just a thought.

I may be grasping at straws here, but I think Penny also resembles Cherrie Mahan who disappeared when she was 8 years old in 1985 from PA.

Attachments

• mahan_cherrie.jpg
    mahan_cherrie.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 66

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members