PA PA - Ranee Gregor, 15, Robinson Township, 21 Oct 1977

I remember reading old newspaper articles that Surratt would drive his wife to the places of the abductions and relive them. She must know something if she is still alive. I don't think he drove Ranee that far away in his car, he must of scoped out another secluded area that wouldn't keep him on the road that long and risk being spotted and pulled over. As a trucker, he knew all the backroads.

Florida Inmate Locator: Edward A. Surratt

(This information was current as of 6/1/2014)

DC Number: 066573
Name: SURRATT, EDWARD A
Race: BLACK
Sex: MALE
Hair Color: BLACK
Eye Color: BROWN
Height: 5'08''
Weight: 160 lbs.
Birth Date: 08/08/1941
Initial Receipt Date: 10/27/1978
Current Facility: UNION C.I.
Current Custody: CLOSE
Current Release Date: SENTENCED TO LIFE

Aliases:
ART SURRATT EDWARD A SURRATT
EDWARD ARTHUR SURRATT

Scars, Marks, and Tattoos:
Type Location Description
TATTOO RIGHT ARM 2 HEART MOM DAD

Current Prison Sentence History:

Key:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Prison Sentence Length

07/01/1978 BURGLARY,ARMED W/EXP. OR WEAPO 10/27/1978 ST. JOHNS 7801807 100Y 0M 0D

07/01/1978 SEX BAT/ WPN. OR FORCE 10/27/1978 ST. JOHNS 7801807 100Y 0M 0D

07/01/1978 SEX BAT/ WPN. OR FORCE 10/27/1978 ST. JOHNS 7801807 SENTENCED TO LIFE

07/01/1978 SEX BAT/ WPN. OR FORCE 10/27/1978 ST. JOHNS 7801807 SENTENCED TO LIFE

05/08/1993 ESCAPE 05/26/1994 POLK 9302765 2Y 6M 0D

Note: The offense descriptions are truncated and do not necessarily reflect the crime of conviction. Please refer to the court documents or the Florida Statutes for further information or definition.

Detainer Date Agency Type Date Canceled
01/25/1979 LEXINGTON CO. SO. DETAIN
01/25/1979 LEXINGTON, SC DETAIN
01/25/1979 TELE# 803-951-2497 DETAIN
03/13/2003 S.C. - DOC DETAIN
07/09/1993 POLK CO. SO. DETAIN 09/13/1993

Incarceration History:
Date In-Custody Date Out-of-Custody
08/06/1979 Currently Incarcerated

LINK:

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=699619749

A 5 year old child name Stephanie Ann Boller was abducted from her street in Beaver Falls. PA early 1976 and found in Brady's Run Park where Arthur Surratt's other murder victim Nancy Adams was found. This is around the time Arthur Surratt was released from a Virginia prison for child molestation and returned to Beaver County.

The police should test Surratt's DNA on any evidence they have from Stephanie Ann Boller's unsolved murder case. This Surratt goon got bent out of shape when asked if he murdered any children but he molested a 13 year old Virginia boy in 1973 and murdered 15 year old Ranee Gregor in 1977.

I wonder where Surratt was in Oct. 1973? There is a thread on here for Patricia Seelbaugh, a 17 year old girl who disappeared without a trace less than an hour North of Pittsburgh. Lived in an area that was heavily trucked at the time, due to the strip mines-- someone mentioned Surratt was a truck driver. It is worth mentioning, she was a Caucasian girl last seen in a predominantly black area of town, Hallville (near Grove City). The acquaintance she was last seen with was a black truck driver, who was cleared by the investigation, but mayhaps he had befriended Surratt on the job site or something, so Surratt would have had an inkling of Patty?

A 5 year old child name Stephanie Ann Boller was abducted from her street in Beaver Falls. PA early 1976 and found in Brady's Run Park where Arthur Surratt's other murder victim Nancy Adams was found. This is around the time Arthur Surratt was released from a Virginia prison for child molestation and returned to Beaver County.

The police should test Surratt's DNA on any evidence they have from Stephanie Ann Boller's unsolved murder case. This Surratt goon got bent out of shape when asked if he murdered any children but he molested a 13 year old Virginia boy in 1973 and murdered 15 year old Ranee Gregor in 1977.
Was Brady Run Park one of the areas that was searched by LE for the remains of Ranee Gregor?

3 Questions:

1) Does anyone know the address points or at least streets of each of Surratt's confirmed murders?
2) Does anyone by chance know the name of the trucking company Surratt worked for?
3) Does anyone know what Surratt's address was prior to his arrest - I know it was in Aliquippa, PA but wanted to see if anyone had any luck obtaining his actual address.

Thanks guys!

3 Questions:

1) Does anyone know the address points or at least streets of each of Surratt's confirmed murders?
2) Does anyone by chance know the name of the trucking company Surratt worked for?
3) Does anyone know what Surratt's address was prior to his arrest - I know it was in Aliquippa, PA but wanted to see if anyone had any luck obtaining his actual address.

Thanks guys!
In the old newspaper articles I remember it stated that he worked for his Fathers business which was a private garbage company. I do not recall the name or address of the company.

Hello to those who continue to keep up with Ranee's case. I am Ranee Gregors niece and have been extremely connected to her since I was younger. It is so nice to see people still keeping her name in the light. Thank you all for putting an interest in her case and others like it! Thank you to those who spoke with and tried to help my grandmother on here a few years back. My family and I appriciate people like you!

Hello to those who continue to keep up with Ranee's case. I am Ranee Gregors niece and have been extremely connected to her since I was younger. It is so nice to see people still keeping her name in the light. Thank you all for putting an interest in her case and others like it! Thank you to those who spoke with and tried to help my grandmother on here a few years back. My family and I appriciate people like you!

Thank you for your comments, and welcome to Websleuths.

I hope that there may be some resolution or answers soon.

I went to Montour at the same time as Ranee's sisters although I never knew the connection. Only that a girl who lived by the high school went missing years earlier and was never found. It wasn't until a couple years ago when I started reading about Surrat that I realized she was the sister of your mom and aunt. Also that the daughter of the Hyde murders attended Montour at the same time. I was too young to remember this stuff happening at the time, but it's crazy to think about someone like him being amidst us and in the same places/areas that I frequented. I'm really sorry you never got to know your aunt. Hopefully before he passes he will give some more info on what he did with her and the Hamilton victim.

There were actually several murders that occured in the area that started around 1976. One common theory was that a police officer was involved. Women would be taken from their car or home and found nearby. I have meant to fully investigate these cases to look for a connection. I strongly believe that a serial killer was operating in Western Pa but eventually moved away. Some cases that I feel could be connected with Ranees are Susan Rush, Brenda Lee Ritter, Barbara Jean Lewis, Roberta Ann Elam, Edna Thorne, and Cheryl Iacovone.

I would also like more information on Edward Surrat. This guy is an obvious dangerous predator to women and LE should be working hard to discover his victims.

Pghlady, I am so sorry for your loss and want you to know that people on this board are here to help you!
Is anyone familiar with named suspects in the Brenda Lee Ritter case? A broken bracelet was found near her body with the name "Jack" inscribed on it.

Ranee Ann Gregor​

ranee_ann_gregor_1.jpg
ranee_ann_gregor_2.jpg
ranee_ann_gregor_3.jpg
ranee_ann_gregor_7.jpg

Ranee, circa 1977; Age-progression to age 48 (circa 2009); John Feeny, circa 1977
  • Missing Since 10/21/1977
  • Missing From Robinson Township, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Non-Family Abduction
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 10/30/1961 (61)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 120 pounds
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Yellow van (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes. Ranee has a scar on her right cheek. Some agencies spell her name "Renee."

Details of Disappearance​

Ranee and her boyfriend, John Feeny, left her Robinson Township, Pennsylvania residence in the evening hours of October 21, 1977 to get something to eat. A photograph of him is posted with this case summary. Ranee's second boyfriend, he was seventeen years old at the time and lived in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania.

Ranee's father believed the the couple was going to a nearby pizza parlor. They were last seen at approximately 10:00 p.m. that day at a gas station. John had been instructed to return his family's yellow van by 10:00 p.m., so his mother, who worked the night shift, could drive it to work.

When Ranee didn't come home, her parents became concerned and contacted authorities. The following day, John was found murdered at the steering wheel of his family's van, which was parked with its motor running off of Crescent Road, near an old strip mine in a spot known as a lover's lane.

He had been shot once in the right side of his neck at close range with a shotgun. The only sign of Ranee was her blue and white jacket and her purse, which were inside the van. She has never been heard from again and was presumed to have been abducted by John's killer(s).

Edward Arthur Surratt is considered the prime suspect in Ranee's disappearance and Feeny's murder. He is suspected of at least 18 murders and has been in prison since 1978, serving multiple life sentences for burglary, sexual battery and escape.

ranee_ann_gregor_6.jpg

Edward Surratt, circa 2007

In 2007, Surratt admitted to killing Feeny, Ranee and six other people, including David Hamilton and his wife Linda, who is still missing. He stated Ranee's body was "unrecoverable." In exchange for his statements he asked to be transferred from his Florida prison to a prison in South Carolina. He remains in Florida, however.

Authorities stated Surratt's admissions were vague and they would like more detailed confessions from him. He has not been charged in connection with Feeny's homicide or Ranee's disappearance.

Foul play is suspected in Ranee's disappearance, which remains unsolved. She was a junior at Montour High School at the time of her disappearance.

Investigating Agency​

• Robinson Township Police Department 412-788-7111

Source Information​

Edward Surratt

Edward Arthur Surratt, Serial Killer

Edward Arthur Surratt (born August 8, 1941) is an American murderer, rapist and suspected serial killer. Convicted of a single murder and several rapes in 1978, he remains the prime suspect in a series of murders in Pennsylvania, Ohio and South Carolina between 1977 and 1978. In 2007, after serving 29 years in prison, Surratt confessed to six murders, but no charges were brought against him, despite credible circumstantial evidence indicating that he was indeed the perpetrator. In 2021, he confessed to six more murders...

LINKS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back