Rants and Random Ideas ABOUT THE CASE thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any signs of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy (MSBP) surrounding Caylee and don't think it applies in this case to either CA or Casey. The child would have an extensive record of illness or injuries. To my knowledge, she was considered a very healthy child. We don't hear of time spent in ER or at the Doc's office with her at all. None of Casey's friends ever talked about her being ill or injured in the time they knew her (except the bump on the table). I think we can rule that one out completely.

So, let me nibble on that for a second.
Let's say Cin did claim Caylee. This wouldn't be hard to do, she'd just have to prove that she was taking care of over 50% of the childs needs.
My question is - and this just comes from my lack of knowledge on dependents... how could she claim her if she wasn't somehow given guardian standing? Or is it simply that you just have to put down a SSN to claim.
I'm then also beginning to question health insurance and so on. Not sure how Caylee could have been covered unless Cin's company policies allowed for that. At my place of business, we have to provide information on relationship (ie biological child, adopted, legally granted custodian, etc.). I'll look it up, but you all are so on top of these things, you can probably answer before I do.
CA stated in her interview that she had Power Of Attorney over Caylee after filing the paperwork for her to be given custody if something happened to Casey.

Any thoughts on new charges coming this week?
1. TM coming back this week to continue search.
2. JB makes ridiculous proposals.
3. LP coming back this week (todays update link)!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

CA stated in her interview that she had Power Of Attorney over Caylee after filing the paperwork for her to be given custody if something happened to Casey.

Would a POA be enough to allow CA to insure Caylee under her health benefits? I don't know enough about civil law to answer this question.
I am POA for my gma and I can sign things for her etc. but I don't know that I could provide health insurance for her under my policy. Luckily she has her own :)

Ah - I remember that now. Thanks so much.
You have a FANTASTIC memory.

and you're one of my favorite posters to read... :blushing:

My random rant for today, and I know it's petty, is the WAY SHE WALKS. She shakes her butt like it's nobody's business. She even walks "smugly" if that's even a word! I can't stand it, I just want to retch every time I see it!! :mad:

Since I am not a lawyer, I am not familiar with what a POA encompasses here. If it was a medical POA, it would only allow for making medical decisions concerning Caylee as a patient (I think). I don't believe it would allow Caylee to be on her policy without CA and GA being appointed her Legal Guardians. However, this sounded to me like it would be more than a medical POA...so how does it figure into this? All I know is that I heard CA mention she had it.

So, let me nibble on that for a second.
Let's say Cin did claim Caylee. This wouldn't be hard to do, she'd just have to prove that she was taking care of over 50% of the childs needs.
My question is - and this just comes from my lack of knowledge on dependents... how could she claim her if she wasn't somehow given guardian standing? Or is it simply that you just have to put down a SSN to claim.
I'm then also beginning to question health insurance and so on. Not sure how Caylee could have been covered unless Cin's company policies allowed for that. At my place of business, we have to provide information on relationship (ie biological child, adopted, legally granted custodian, etc.). I'll look it up, but you all are so on top of these things, you can probably answer before I do.

I dont know a lot about taxes but I can tell you about my situation. After my husband passed away my children and I moved in with my mom and dad. My dad has them on his health insurance through his work and I let him claim my kids on their taxes. This helps them out with their taxes and it helps me because as long as they are dependants on his taxes they get really good health insurance. Nothing special has to be done as long as we all agree on who is going to claim them and they are only claimed once. Hope this helps. :)

Ah - I remember that now. Thanks so much.
You have a FANTASTIC memory.

and you're one of my favorite posters to read... :blushing:
:blushing: Awwww, Thanks!! (My memory fails me at times, but I do try to keep up!) That point stuck out in my mind for some reason.

Since I am not a lawyer, I am not familiar with what a POA encompasses here. If it was a medical POA, it would only allow for making medical decisions concerning Caylee as a patient (I think). I don't believe it would allow Caylee to be on her policy without CA and GA being appointed her Legal Guardians. However, this sounded to me like it would be more than a medical POA...so how does it figure into this? All I know is that I heard CA mention she had it.

I agree with you. I am pretty sure a POA medical or otherwise allows one to make decisions, obtain services, and sign documents for a person who may not be able to for a variety of reasons. I do not believe it has any provision that would allow one to obtain services for them that they would otherwise not be entitled to. It seems like to insure Caylee CA must have had some type of guardianship at some point. I don't know :confused: I just found this interesting.

My own experience, we were allowed to add a child to our insurance because we claimed the child on taxes - that was the criteria for that company. We had legal guardianship, but it wasn't necessary for tax purposes (to my knowledge), because child met relationship criteria for allowable dependant, ie related, in our home, we provided needs, etc. I never rec'd any requests or notices that the IRS checked our guardianship status.

Wow, that is freaky!!!!!! Looks like a ghoul !!! Ghost of a dead squirrel maybee?? LOL

Poppy
LOL It is almost Halloween! It looks like a smiley face to me. You guys crack me up. I guess I don't look closely at her lower posterior on purpose because she shows her @ss in other ways. ;)

Thanks, Tree and Share! I didn't know how that worked. :)

So the taxes probably would not have clued CA or GA in on Casey's lack of a job if they were claiming Caylee.

My rant for 7 Oct is what date did Caylee go missing? There are a few:

9 June (Casey says)
15 Jun (documents say)
16 Jun (George says)

Sad, very very sad . . . I pray Caylee is found alive and placed with a family who actually cares about her well-being.

I am not sure how to post info from another site so I hope I didn't violate anything. If I did, someone please let me know or delete this post.
Here is what I found on the definition of dependent for health insurance in FL. It looks like they have to qualify as one of the mentioned definitions AND you have to claim them on your taxes. Maybe I am reading this wrong. Below is an excerpt and the link.

ELIGIBLE DEPENDENTS include:

Spouse: The employee's lawfull Spouse as determined by the laws of the state where the covered employee resides. Dependent Child(ren): Any of the employee's unmarried children under the age of 19 years, for whom the employee provides primary support and maintainance and you claim as a dependent on IRS tax submissions within the meaning of the IRS Code Section 152(a) including:

* natural child who lives with you
* stepchild who lives with you
* legally adopted child or child placed in anticipation for adoption who lives with you (the term placed for adoption means the assumption and retention by the employee of a legal obligation for total or partial support of the child in anticipation of adoption of the child and the child must be available for adoption and the legal adoption process must have commenced)
* child who qualifies for benefits under a Qualified Medical Child Support Order
* child for whom you have legal guardianship under a court order and the child lives with you

link for more info: http://www.floridahealthinsuranceweb.com/Florida_Health_Insurance/Dependent.html

Yes, Casey! Back in jail where you need to be! This case is getting rediculous! Someone somewhere at sometime needs to slap this arrogant little brat right back into reality where she belongs! :furious:

Casey wants travel time to look for Caylee?? another rediculous request that a little to late IMO!! That will get denied for sure!

She claims the lifetime movie deal will get the word out there to help find her daughter??? WHY doesnt she go on public and do a media interview, like NBC Today show or on ABC Good Morning America?? THE COWARD!!!

Casey smiles in public as if she's the in the Reality Show for Paris Hilton's BFF!! This is not funny Casey! Your freedom is on the line, theres nothing cute about this!

She walks in and out of her meetings with her bond administrator like she's walking the cat walk for a Bill blass fashion show! It's gross Casey!! The only thing that this kind of flirtatious behavior is going to get you is a girlfriend in the pokie! It's a tasteless purposeful slutty walk that IMO does not impress the public one bit! It only reminds the public about your tacky pole dancing pictures after Caylee went missing!

I assume she also did write in her myspace or facebook something to threaten LP & JG......as if thats going to go over well with a judge? :rolleyes:

I wish LE & the DA will wrap this thing up- soon! I am so sick of seeing her in public or on the web making a complete utter idiot out of herself! I think she is doing it to keep herself out there, because the attention on Hopespring Drive is dwindling down to about nothing and she cannot stand not being the center of the media spotlight!

Sorry for the rant, but I hate her and I cant waite for her to be behind bars, so we no longer have to watch her cracking a smile for the cameras everytime she's outside!! YUK!

I agree with you. I am pretty sure a POA medical or otherwise allows one to make decisions, obtain services, and sign documents for a person who may not be able to for a variety of reasons. I do not believe it has any provision that would allow one to obtain services for them that they would otherwise not be entitled to. It seems like to insure Caylee CA must have had some type of guardianship at some point. I don't know :confused: I just found this interesting.

I work for a health insurance company, and in order for grandchildren to be covered as dependents, the grandparent has to present some sort of proof of legal guardianship. Just stating that they are "taking care" of the child or "raising" the child isn't enough.

Thanks, Share! As long as you only quote a small portion of the article and include the link back to the source...you are good! :)

Well...I don't see Caylee fitting that criteria exactly. Hmmmm...interesting.

I work for a health insurance company, and in order for grandchildren to be covered as dependents, the grandparent has to present some sort of proof of legal guardianship.

Thanks. I just posted a definition from a website and that is how I read it.

I work for a health insurance company, and in order for grandchildren to be covered as dependents, the grandparent has to present some sort of proof of legal guardianship. Just stating that they are "taking care" of the child or "raising" the child isn't enough.

you are so right about that. I knew someone who did that for their grandson.

So with that.....if the grandparents were the legal guardian - wouldnt they have been obligated to report her missing WAY before the 31 days?? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler