Raven's Website and Online Activity

Sand Daddy Beach Volleyball Tournament</SPAN>Saturday, June 11, 2005
to Sunday, June 12, 2005 8:00 PM
Check-In & Day of Registration is from 8-8:30 AM

Pre-reg is due by the Thursday before the event by 7 PM. Registrations are also accepted via telephone for a $5 surcharge. Onsite/Late registration accepted space permitting.

Fees:pro Divisions: $35 Per Player
Other Divisions $30 Per Player
Juniors 18 & Under: $15

...therefore, he could have merely been there , signed up, and joined in...

The beach volleyball thing makes me think of O.J. looking for the real killers on the golf course.

Jenifred said:
In all fairness, could the reason he's in last place be because he didn't show? Maybe he signed up awhile ago before his wife's murder. I wonder if there's anyone who knows if he was really there or not.
......this volleyball site is rather informative...
...yes, he did play...

...they use a "point system" accumulating points throughout the season to advance in ranking...

...IE: in raven's division that day , there were a couple of teams at #3 , a couple at #5, and then 2 teams at #8.
Men's BB1. Jeff Sise/David Smith2. Ryan Baraga/Eddie Henseler3. Steven Pacyna/Jay Lennon3. Will Curley/Bac Heddeman5. Chris Rogala/Matt Uber5. David Johnson/Ted Weaver7. Mathew McElligatt/Erik Gedney8. Sean Casey/Aaron Combs8. Raven Abaroa/Raleigh Dowd

Everyone is just assuming that Raven has no heart and that he had completely moved on since Janet was killed. But lets think about this from a different standpoint: What if Raven was begged by his buddies to come out with them to the beach for the weekend, that it would be good to get away, that Kaiden could stay with a freind, etc. etc.

I would imagine, that if something this horrible happened to me, that maybe my buddies would want to get me out and to try and take my mind off of this as much as possible. That's what good friends do, support you.

Please tell me that other people see that Raven playing volleyball isn't a horrible thing.

munch said:
Everyone is just assuming that Raven has no heart and that he had completely moved on since Janet was killed. But lets think about this from a different standpoint: What if Raven was begged by his buddies to come out with them to the beach for the weekend, that it would be good to get away, that Kaiden could stay with a freind, etc. etc.

I would imagine, that if something this horrible happened to me, that maybe my buddies would want to get me out and to try and take my mind off of this as much as possible. That's what good friends do, support you.

Please tell me that other people see that Raven playing volleyball isn't a horrible thing.
My questions about playing volleyball were more of a practical nature - when I was considering Raven's finances, etc. And then, I was compiling a list of things, ie., essentials, bills, etc., and simply speculating on how Raven was able to support himself, financially speaking, these days. In the midst of that, the volleyball issue was raised, and I simply sited that as yet another expense (if you'll notice on the original post, the cost for an individual was $30 as I recall). That said, I suppose someone else could even have paid the fee, who knows.

munch said:

I dont necessarily see it as a horrible thing. Ive seen people do many things after the death of a loved one. Sometimes they just need to keep on keepin on..for their own sanity. If he were doing nothing but sitting in the house all the time, I would see that as a sign of guilt, as it would say to me he is afraid to face others. To me, the important thing to look for is balance. Are there good days and bad days? Thats what I would expect.

munch said:
I don't think it's horrible for Raven to go and do something to feel "normal" again. I was just wondering how he left things with Janet's family. Did he lie about where he was going? Did he take Kaiden? Did he have to fork out money for a room? Things like that.

Jenifred said:
I don't think it's horrible for Raven to go and do something to feel "normal" again. I was just wondering how he left things with Janet's family. Did he lie about where he was going? Did he take Kaiden? Did he have to fork out money for a room? Things like that.
I think a few things could have happened. Maybe one of his buddies said that Kaiden could stay with his wife and kids for the weekend, maybe Janet's family encouraged him to get out of the house for a weekend because he hasn't had a moment for himself since she was killed...there are just so many possibilities.

How did he pay for it? he probably didn't. Who here hasn't paid for one of their friends when they didnt have the money to do it but you wanted them to come? I just did it last weekend.

munch said:

........i agree with you munch...as i said earlier, it's been awhile now since the murder........7 weeks or so.....he should be getting on with life...and i woudn 't blame him one bit for doing so...

...i also said i would expect him to drift back to his forums.......... the VX site...speedzilla...( the ducati ) ...his family site...( ravenstree) ...his "myspace".....etc.....and i think it would be pefectly fine to post again under the "old nic" his friends on those sites identify with...

...if i were him and i was innocent.................i'd definitely be doing just that............after all, in the gand scheme of things, why would he care what a handful of WS'ers thought......

...but instead, as far as we can surmise..............he's back online, taking down the family site...........and, poof...gone! from myspace.....titled the "Til We Meet Again" blog of his weeks ago, and yet never posted it, ...no memorial to janet at all that we ( or family/friends of janet's ) could easily access.....

...regarding janet, his web activity has to come in at zero.........and THAT is puzzling to me.........he's always used the web before.......the family site....his VX...christmas.....the 'west coast collides' blog.....'watching kaiden grow'...why NOT get some info out there on the murder? a memorial ?in touch with media to get something out there to clear his name ?

...IF he's innocent....then by all means, beach volleyball..

...IMO...if innocent..........he comes across more and more as guilty every day....

lauriej said:

...IF he's innocent....then by all means, beach volleyball..

...IMO...if innocent..........he comes across more and more as guilty every day....

IF he's innocent he sure behaving in a very bizzare manner. What'd he expect to find playing beach volleyball ... Janet's killer? :waitasec:

I guess he'll have to take up golf, because ya'll know those killers like to hang out on golf courses.

munch said:
I don't think that it's a horrible thing. And I agree with you that it is something that perhaps his friends may have talked him into. I was interested in knowing the registration deadline because it could have been indicative of something if he had registered on say April 28th. But if I'm understanding correctly, he could have registered as late as June 9th, six weeks after Janet's death.

A new reference to Janet, albeit it a sad one, on Raven's brother Derek's myspace, posted on June 21, 2005:

(they are viewing the casket of someone, and..)

"...Tyler stays at the window, while i shudder thinking about seeing my sister-in-law laying the same way weeks back, i turn away while Tyler says, "he looks peaceful", back outside i say, "hand me a cigarette.""

the link for the entire blog entry:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=5004119&blogID=32262342&Mytoken=20050622051716

NCBanker said:
It was mentioned that Raven shut down his website recently. I noticed that his blog is still up... http://ravenstree.blogspot.com/. I took the liberty of posting a remark, against my better judgement.
Good for you NC! If Raven isn't reading this site, at least he will get the message from his own blog comments.

I'm going to ask you a couple of personal questions and feel free not to answer. I remember when you first logged on, you stated that you heard that Raven wasn't a POI any longer. Was wondering where you heard this from? I know you have a cousin that works in a lab, correct? What I'm wondering is does your cousin work at the NC lab and does he know how many months backlogged they are? When someone told you that Raven was no longer a POI, I'm trying to figure out if there is some "conspiracy" (for lack of better word) from LE to keep us quite.....the ONLY voices for Janet, at the moment.

I sent you a PM.

ewwwinteresting said:
Good for you NC! If Raven isn't reading this site, at least he will get the message from his own blog comments.

I'm going to ask you a couple of personal questions and feel free not to answer. I remember when you first logged on, you stated that you heard that Raven wasn't a POI any longer. Was wondering where you heard this from? I know you have a cousin that works in a lab, correct? What I'm wondering is does your cousin work at the NC lab and does he know how many months backlogged they are? When someone told you that Raven was no longer a POI, I'm trying to figure out if there is some "conspiracy" (for lack of better word) from LE to keep us quite.....the ONLY voices for Janet, at the moment.

JerseyGirl said:
I must say, though, that you have a good point about him not making a personal appeal. So here is my appeal to him.

Raven, I want to believe that you're innocent. I think that we all do. Please, please, please ... for Kaiden's sake ... take the focus off of yourself. Make a statement, do an interview, make a memorial/plea ... something. Get LE off of their butts to find your wife's killer! Kaiden deserves to someday know that the person that took his Mommy from him has received justice...I'm sure that you can tell that we all want to find justice not only for your wife but also for your baby boy. Help the public to do that ... PLEASE!
I think he ignored you JG:snooty:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner
Back