Raymond Clark III

I found some answers to my questions about job screening and hiring process at Yale.

Posting a link for anyone here that is interested in it also:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4174590&postcount=23"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Questions (and answers)[/ame]

According to the university’s Web site, Yale employs background checks on candidates for positions ranging from “management and professional positions, clerical and technical positions and service and maintenance positions.” Levin did not say in his e-mail whether Clark was screened. Yale last updated its screening policy in 2007, long after Clark began work in 2004.

http://wildcat.arizona.edu/arrest-i...-questions-about-employee-screenings-1.479491

didn't think we had an actual year before of when he had started employment at Yale.... If this is correct he was there about two years before Annie... and with her for three

I can't find the link right now but IIRC he started working there in December 2004.

Stated from the New Haven News today:

>snip
News Channel 8 has learned Clark lived for a time in New Haven at an apartment on Ella Grasso Boulevard. Neighbors remember him as controlling and say they weren't surprised his name surfaced in this case.
"Didn't surprise me at all it," Ann Goodwin, a former neighbor, said. "Because he looked like a psycho."

>snip

This woman is all over. She was on channel 7 in NY. Basically says he was a nut.

Yes, she really is all over. Doesn't much care for the POI does she? Were it me, I'd wait until the POI was arrested & in custody to go all chatty cathy all over. But that's just me. Wonder if she knew he'd be released today and able to read the news?

moo

Thanks to you both for giving me some links:)

OT: I try to keep a very open mind, but when someone who is not connected to a crime suddenly appears to be speaking to a lot of media sources~ I automatically say to myself "what's up with that?" KWIM? LOL it doesn't matter to this case though.

Yes I know I quoted myself LOL.

The reason is that Ms. Goodwin is on NG right now (sept. 18,09) and she is having her 15 minutes of fame.

She looks like she is thoroughly enjoying herself as a guest on the NG show.

Unfortunately (for her), she has garnered my interest. Since she has spoken so freely to the media every chance she has been offered.

as an aside: It's really not a good thing to garner my interest, even if it's only because of trying to get 15 minutes of fame, during a murder investigation. :wink: :D

Yes I know I quoted myself LOL.

The reason is that Ms. Goodwin is on NG right now (sept. 18,09) and she is having her 15 minutes of fame.

She looks like she is thoroughly enjoying herself as a guest on the NG show.

Unfortunately (for her), she has garnered my interest. Since she has spoken so freely to the media every chance she has been offered.

as an aside: It's really not a good thing to garner my interest, even if it's only because of trying to get 15 minutes of fame, during a murder investigation. :wink: :D

THANK YOU!!! I watched this nosy busybody on the Today show the other morning and it was the most painful interview I've ever seen. It disgusted me that the Today show even indulged this woman who is blatantly trying to insert herself into a case when she clearly adds nothing of value. All she said was that Ray didn't like his girlfriend talking to her, he crates his pitbulls, sometimes she heard yelling. Meredith Viera struggled to get anything out of her and it was obvious the interview was a bust.

So then I thought the Today show learned their lesson, but no the next day they had on the two friends from high school. One who admitted he hadn't seen or talked to Ray in several years. HELLO? How can he provide anything of relevance? The other guy at least was a childhood and neighborhood friend who seemed to know him well. The other guy just sat there and said he was a good guy.

THANK YOU!!! I watched this nosy busybody on the Today show the other morning and it was the most painful interview I've ever seen. It disgusted me that the Today show even indulged this woman who is blatantly trying to insert herself into a case when she clearly adds nothing of value. All she said was that Ray didn't like his girlfriend talking to her, he crates his pitbulls, sometimes she heard yelling. Meredith Viera struggled to get anything out of her and it was obvious the interview was a bust.

So then I thought the Today show learned their lesson, but no the next day they had on the two friends from high school. One who admitted he hadn't seen or talked to Ray in several years. HELLO? How can he provide anything of relevance? The other guy at least was a childhood and neighborhood friend who seemed to know him well. The other guy just sat there and said he was a good guy.

Yale has asked students/faculty not to speak publicly about this case, so the media can't get anyone who might actually know something.

She began grad school in 2007, so he would have actually been there for three years before her, and two with her.

Keep in mind the format of grad school. Students are typically required to undertake 3 x 3 month 'rotations' in labs which are of interest to them. After this time, the student will choose a lab to actually undertake their graduate research.

I did read somewhere the Annie had recently decided on her thesis topic/project, so while she had chosen Anton Bennett's lab for her graduate studies, it's hard to say extactly how long she had been working with him, and thus, with his mouse colony.

It is also possible that her previous rotations involved mouse work that had put her in contact with RC. I am curious as to how long the two of them had worked together - my guess is about 6 months.

The below linked article states that LE took in a Ford Taurus that was at the motel. The assumption is it's RC's dads car. I wonder why they would be interested in that car? Also some information on RC's parents.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,552521,00.html?test=latestnews

Police investigating the murder of Yale graduate student Annie Le are still collecting evidence, including a car they towed from a motel where the suspected killer, Raymond Clark III, was arrested.
Police wouldn't confirm who owns the Ford Taurus they towed Friday night from the Super 8 motel in Cromwell, Conn. The father of the Yale lab technician charged with the murder of Annie Le checked into the motel before his son was arrested Thursday.

More at link.

http://www.workplaceviolence911.com/docs/20081024.pdf

Please read this peeps! He fits nearly every one of the 13 unlucky signs of workplace violence....

ETA: ITA with what Kat said... I am not saying he is not guilty and a sick .. rather... I want this case, if it is indeed workplace violence, to be agent for CHANGE in the way that it is recognized in the workplace before senseless things like this happen.
I do not see that he fits it at all. :crazy:
I really do not think we know enough about this guy.
we have many reports from people who say he is a great guy.

Reports: Yale Coed Murder Suspect May Have Had Help
The Yale University lab technician accused of killing graduate student and fellow lab employee Annie Le may have had help in hiding her body from investigators, according to reports, and another arrest could be imminent.

Cops are reportedly questioning another employee who works in the lab where Le's body was found stuffed in a utility compartment, FOX 61 reported Thursday night. That employee was not identified, but Clark's fiancée, sister and brother-in-law also work at the lab.

Police charged Raymond Clark III, 24, with murder on Thursday, arresting him at a motel a day after taking hair, fingernail and saliva samples to compare with evidence from the bloody crime scene.

Authorities are offering few details about the crime, but police sources told the Hartford Courant that the evidence found in the ceiling and a crawl space of the building contained DNA of both Le and Clark.
More at link....
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,551883,00.html

Just posting this here if needed for any future reference as it pertains to RC.

http://www.yaleunions.org/34site/index.htm

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4177757&postcount=90"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Possible Murder Motives#2[/ame]

link to article stating RC belonged to this union is above.

typical news piece where the perps neighbors say 'oh he's such a nice guy', 'he could never kill someone' I never got how after a person is brutally murdered the neighbors come out to say what a great guy the suspect is :banghead:

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/features/2009/09/17/clark-nice-guy-neighbors-say/

Interestingly, the article mentions that Clark had joined Yale's Asian Awareness club.

Correction to my original post:As a senior Raymond Clark III was a member of his high school's asian awareness club, (not at Yale)

According to the Branford High School 2004 yearbook, RC was a member of the asian awareness club in 2004:
http://www.courant.com/news/connect...clark-yale-yearbook,0,6948324.story?track=rss

You read my mind! I also saw the Today show interviews and thought the same thing. Obviously the producers know the high level of interest in poor Annie's death and knew that people would tune in- I sure did. I wonder if Meredith was unhappy with the way these losers were just 'dropped into her lap' for their 15 min. of fame for 'stories' more worthy of the nat'l enquirer! The two 'friends' really took the cake with their blathering on about how 'nice' he was.... yeah, I'm sure even Ted Bundy could be nice at times, like any skilled manipulator, as long as HE was controlling the situation. Some have said he is 'nice-looking,' but in many of his pics his EYES just creep me out- he looks really paranoid and spacey, imo...

Does anyone know that he entered a not guilty plea at his arraignment on the 17rh?

We need a Court thread. Are we going to follow this case to it's conclusion? Is that done here? Or do we drop it?

Paulette, are you sure he entered a not guilty plea? I saw this (but of course there have been contradicting stories all along in this case).

Clark, 24, kept his head bowed during the three-minute arraignment in the death of Le, also 24. He didn't enter a plea and said, "Yes, your honor," when asked whether he understood his rights. The judge then set bail at $3 million and sent Clark to a holding cell.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/17/crimesider/entry5317804.shtml

He was arraigned on September 17 but did not enter a plea. So maybe at the October hearing he will actually enter a plea?

The links are handy because future court dates will be posted there. And I expect delays and motions and more delays. That's just my opinion.

ETA: Found this too.

Under Connecticut law, Clark has 60 days from the day of his arrest to waive his right to a probable cause hearing, which is required in order to stand trial for a crime such as murder, which is punishable by death or life imprisonment.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/raymond-clark-alleged-annie-le-murderer-death-penalty/story?id=8613554

This is probably old news, but Ray's birthday is 1/28/1985.

http://www.ctinmateinfo.state.ct.us/resultsupv.asp

If link does not work, go to main search.

This is the DOC listing for Ray at the MacDougall-Walker prison.

CLARK,RAYMOND JOHN III
1/28/1985
MACDOUGALL

When clicked on his inmate number above:

Inmate Number:371189
Inmate Name:CLARK,RAYMOND JOHN III
Date of Birth:
1/28/1985
Latest Admission Date:
9/17/2009
Current Location:MACDOUGALL
UNSENTENCED