Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What upcoming court case please?
Earlier in the thread someone claiming to have spoken to the suspects best friends dad said they were told the suspect had hit Sam with their vehicle and had asked a friend to help him with her body, and that the reason arrest were made was because the friend confessed to police earlier in the week. He also went onto say the suspect was facing CP charges. Someone on this forum looked the suspects name up on Victorian magistrates courts and found someone with the same first and last name having upcoming court cases in regards to something to do with the online sex crimes unit.

I saw a comment earlier that mentioned another women has been missing from Ballarat since December. I hope we don't have another victim as well as SM. Also, I read a post on facebook referring to the accused as having some criminal form of some nature. Keep in mind a women going for a jog on a Sunday morning is one of life's great joys and to think this is the outcome is as low an act as it gets. I must admit I did hvae my suspicions on MM and want to apoligiise for I was well off the mark.
BBM: Can anyone confirm this?

Earlier in the thread someone claiming to have spoken to the suspects best friends dad said they were told the suspect had hit Sam with their vehicle and had asked a friend to help him with her body, and that the reason arrest were made was because the friend confessed to police earlier in the week. He also went onto say the suspect was facing CP charges. Someone on this forum looked the suspects name up on Victorian magistrates courts and found someone with the same first and last name having upcoming court cases in regards to something to do with the online sex crimes unit.
That's probably why those guys got called in along with missing persons unit

So IF it turns out to be deliberate what are the hypotheses for murder?
Personal vendetta?
Mental Health breakdown?
Always being strange/weird but never having a diagnosis of anything?
What else?
All above just my own opinion.
I’d imagine drug-related - possibly on ice or something like that.

His lawyer’s contention that he has no drug or mental health issues doesn’t add up to me, especially since he also requested a suppression order on the basis of there being a suicide risk.

I
If the friend of the charged perpetrator helped to hide SM why doesn’t he step forward and tell vpol were SM is ? Imoo this story doesn’t fully add up ?

Last edited:
For all we know his girlfriend may have tipped the police. The police are not saying what public help they have received, for obvious reasons.

I mentioned a case earlier where the mum of a guy who knew the perps in a murder case was the person who reported them.
Excellent point, thank you. I was actually (indirectly) alluding not only to others, but also to what this might mean in relation to the accused’s own psyche… to be carrying on life so (apparently) “normally” - in these circumstances…. ?! I am shivering in concern for the girlfriend, for whoever owns the home he was house sitting, for whoever had electrical work done…… I imagine many people in Ballarat may be struggling to sleep tonight…

I’d imagine drug-related - possibly on ice or something like that.

His lawyer’s contention that he has no drug or mental health issues doesn’t add up to me, especially since he also requested a suppression order on the basis of there being a suicide risk.
I hope the suppression order is lifted why should he have any protection. He’s literally shattered a community a family and friends and more.

The judge must be insane to have allowed that.

The only reason I can think of is he won’t get a fair trial. Most likely play the mental health card.

I just remembered LE speaking with some nefarious dude in lockup maybe he gave him up

A very simple hypothetical theory: maybe the accused was also someone that went running in the mt clear forest area and may have regularly crossed paths with Sam. Maybe they greeted each other sometimes, maybe not. On that fateful Sunday the accused acted on some horrible plan or impulse.
He hid her body hastily then returned with his vehicle to remove her body to another location.

He was possibly entering the running trails from the opposite side of the Mt Clear area to Sam.

Last edited:
For all we know his girlfriend may have tipped the police. The police are not saying what public help they have received, for obvious reasons.

I mentioned a case earlier where the mum of a guy who knew the perps in a murder case was the person who reported them.
That’s my guess too. He’s a good lookin guy and so I imagine he’s had lots of close female acquaintances. No one could keep this kind of secret unknown for this long unless he’s an isolated introverted hermit. It’s a heavy dark burden on one’s conscience. A female is more likely to have confessed his secret to investigators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama