Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 7am, he could have been going dirt bike riding in the forest. It’s normally something people get up early to do to avoid the heat. Either he rides his bike to the forest or he takes it on the trailer…
I mentioned something similar to this previous thread, but my post was removed due to speculation.

I'm stuck on the line in her recent social media post about the arrest where she states, "There is enough now for me to draw a link," which sounds to me like she's saying he could be the attacker? But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Another reason I really hope they find Sam's body soon is because I'd love to know if she was attacked in the same way/with the same kind of weapon as Sissy. If so, that would be very concerning.
I read it the same as you Hestia

If I have the correct address for the accused, there appears to be a motorbike / dirt bike trailer parked out the front, on the grass. On Google Maps
Intersting mmm. Does anyone remember, a previous post or news article. Where one of the local searchers mentioned a bloke on a motorbike pulled up them some asking questions regarding the search
?

"Interested in serial killers" - that's us!
Whenever we see a well covered up murder that takes lots of Police Resources to solve, some of us immediately wonder if they could be a SK.

It got me wondering how old a SK is when they make their first "Kill".

I found this and "8" is very scary considering this one was released back into the community when they turned 18. Crikey...

But Sissy SAW her attacker, no?

There are many weirdos.
No need to pin all regional attacks on this guy.

JMO

Her words
Sissy Austin IG
I also don't feel its a case of "pinning all regional attacks on this guy"
The police would be trying to rule out the link themselves, it'd be commonsense, especially with the locations involved we now have forming a list, a link is possible but not guaranteed and I'm sure she's aware of this, police too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308-134615~3.png
    Screenshot_20240308-134615~3.png
    372.1 KB · Views: 108
This is a new article from the HS - could this be another car that’s been seized in addition to his Ute?

The Herald Sun can also reveal detectives have seized a car as part of the investigation into Samantha Murphy’s alleged murder.

In the same article

The Herald Sun understands detectives are exploring whether Ms Murphy was struck by a car after she left her family’s Eureka St home.

I'm stuck on the line in her recent social media post about the arrest where she states, "There is enough now for me to draw a link," which sounds to me like she's saying he could be the attacker? But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Another reason I really hope they find Sam's body soon is because I'd love to know if she was attacked in the same way/with the same kind of weapon as Sissy. If so, that would be very concerning.
It is concerning either way, would you agree?. if there is only one attacker, it is dreadful that Sissy's attack was not more vigorously chased up , and the bloke appears to have got away with it. It could have saved a life. If it is a different person, it is V concerning that at one time there were two violent arrogant men bent on beating up women in the same region. An unhappy conclusion.

Her words
Sissy Austin IG
I also don't feel its a case of "pinning all regional attacks on this guy"
The police would be trying to rule out the link themselves, it'd be commonsense, especially with the locations involved we now have forming a list, a link is possible but not guaranteed and I'm sure she's aware of this, police too.

Oh wow. She’s saying a lot without saying it explicitly isn’t she.

It is concerning either way, would you agree?. if there is only one attacker, it is dreadful that Sissy's attack was not more vigorously chased up , and the bloke appears to have got away with it. It could have saved a life. If it is a different person, it is V concerning that at one time there were two violent arrogant men bent on beating up women in the same region. An unhappy conclusion.
Yes, you're right, there's really no best case scenario here.

At 7am, he could have been going dirt bike riding in the forest. It’s normally something people get up early to do to avoid the heat. Either he rides his bike to the forest or he takes it on the trailer…
I remember this!
Remember it too and took a screenshot … member SEJ a bit over 24 hours ago … said the motorcycle rider was older than 22.

This is a new article from the HS - could this be another car that’s been seized in addition to his Ute?

The Herald Sun can also reveal detectives have seized a car as part of the investigation into Samantha Murphy’s alleged murder.

I can’t read the article due to paywall but just wanted to comment on the herald sun’s appallingly poor taste in putting the alleged perpetrator and victims smiling photos together like that….as though they are both happily smiling in the same photo!
Maybe I am overreacting but it seems terribly insensitive to Sam’s family and everyone who cared about her.

A little off topic but has been on my mind - these two recent crimes, double murder in Sydney and this alleged murder were both committed by young men who seemingly had it all. Integrated into society, with friends, careers, (partly) supportive family.

I feel that as a society we have become much better to accept and integrate ‘loner types’ (the profiles of some murderers in mass shootings in the US).

What can we, if anything, as a society learn from these recent, horrific crimes?

Given the alleged murderer was already named in the media - the suppression order seems pointless to media/community. However, I can understand the magistrate imposing it so as to uphold "natural justice". It would be weird if that had not occurred. That's the point.
I agree. I did not hear that a person had been charged util the suppression order had been granted. Took me all of 5 minutes on the laptop to find his name and a photo and I actually live in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX