Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure what country you are from but a 22 year old still living with their parents is extremely common in Australia. Also, a son taking an apprenticeship in his fathers business is also very common and then taking over when the father retires. Sadly, the alcohol and drugs are very common in that age group and not considered unusual amongst their mates.
This is extremely common in the U.K and I think in the USA too.

MOO

I think following the night out he may have had a fight with his girlfriend and left the Scotsburn home to go stay at his parents house. Somewhere along the way he has come across Samantha on her morning run. I believe in his angry, drug fuelled state he sexually assaulted her, and then murdered her to avoid being reported. He has then disposed of her somewhere using his car.

I also wonder whether he has a history of violence toward his partner? It would fit the bill.

MOO
The more I am hearing of his life as the time goes on, I wouldn’t be surprised if he does have a history of violence towards his gf or any of his past partners. I feel your theory may be very much what has happened. When he’s been doing the drugs all night, has a fight with gf then in his anger and not thinking he has been capable of doing the unthinkable and he didn’t care who he did it to.

If it's the car featured in the news, I located the rego, it's 2019 as mentioned earlier in thread
Are you saying it’s a rego number issued in 2019 or specifically a 2019 manufactured date ?
Many cars can have subsequent registrations some years after the vehicle built date and first registration .

Are you saying it’s a rego number issued in 2019 or specifically a 2019 manufactured date ?
Many cars can have subsequent registrations some years after the vehicle built date and first registration .
Manufacture, again this is given the image/video screen shot posted online is the seized car of the accused

Dr S, I think Solari is saying the rego is legible on the photo, and when searched on the Vic Roads site gives the year, model, colour and VIN (and whether rego is paid, or not). So if we have the rego plate we should be able to confirm the vehicle year and model.

MOO

I think following the night out he may have had a fight with his girlfriend and left the Scotsburn home to go stay at his parents house. Somewhere along the way he has come across Samantha on her morning run. I believe in his angry, drug fuelled state he sexually assaulted her, and then murdered her to avoid being reported. He has then disposed of her somewhere using his car.

I also wonder whether he has a history of violence toward his partner? It would fit the bill.

MOO
GF looked very calm and composed in the Daily Fail photos, blowing kisses to the horses. Imagine your partner being arrested for murder… but maybe GF is relieved, huge weight lifted, abusive partner behind bars. Fair chance GF has something to do with accused’ arrest & well done if so. MOO

Also just a smokey of an idea to throw in the mix, there has been debate the accused was driving a car, riding a motor bike or on foot when he encountered SM. Most assume car. But I wondered, he had access to horses, has experience riding, could he have been on horseback? Totally left field, I don’t think likely but you never know… MOO

MOO

MOO
I am thinking along the same lines.

I don’t think there was any accidentally hitting her with his vehicle element in this scenario.

The perpetrator’s state of mind after the “bender” and possible fights or arguments throughout the night, may have left him feeling like he wanted to reassert his power…and Sam was, by virtue of being female, alone and in his vicinity at the time, the tragic victim of his aggression.

It would be good to map the accused house sitting home, parents home, SM running route, assumed end of SM run, pubs the accused was known to be at on the night, etc? With approx times.It might help clarify if accused was likely in vehicle, on foot etc. A challenge for the expert mapsters ?

GF looked very calm and composed in the Daily Fail photos, blowing kisses to the horses. Imagine your partner being arrested for murder… but maybe GF is relieved, huge weight lifted, abusive partner behind bars. Fair chance GF has something to do with accused’ arrest & well done if so. MOO
I imagine those beautiful and non-judgemental horses might be the only thing keeping her sane right now.

Looks like a loose unit.

He looks “off chops” here allegedly 4 weeks before he screwed up so many lives.

Looks like he has had plenty of alcohol+ what?

He looks like he can barely stand up. If this is how wasted he usually gets, then I'm guessing cocaine was involved the night before the alleged attack, to get a second wind.

I also noticed in one of the photos from that clip, he has a red mark on his nose. Is this from a fight, I wonder? Is this something that happens frequently?

Last edited:

Also just a smokey of an idea to throw in the mix, there has been debate the accused was driving a car, riding a motor bike or on foot when he encountered SM. Most assume car. But I wondered, he had access to horses, has experience riding, could he have been on horseback? Totally left field, I don’t think likely but you never know… MOO
Thought much the same as to the GF’s confidence and demeanour , almost as if she’s already ‘moving on’. Did think of a situation where after growing concerns she may have come forward to LE lawyered up seeking immunity in exchange for info that in addition of
already gained intelligence might have been the clincher req’d .
Doubt they would have ridden horses the roughly six or seven Km to Mt Clear.

I hope the alleged perp gives up SM's location soon, but to do so is an admission of sorts that he committed the crime. I'm sure the lawyer's advice is to remain absolutely silent for now, which is agonizing for SM's family.

LY Lawyers web site explains the difference between the US Miranda Warning and the Australian Right to Silence: Getting Arrested: The Right to Remain Silent and 'Miranda Rights' in Australia

Has it been confirmed that police think he is the sole person responsible for SM's death and no others were involved?

'New to me' words and phrases this Sunday morning in central Texas, USA: loose unit, off chops, rego, king hit, smokey.

Last edited:
It would be good to map the accused house sitting home, parents home, SM running route, assumed end of SM run, pubs the accused was known to be at on the night, etc? With approx times.It might help clarify if accused was likely in vehicle, on foot etc. A challenge for the expert mapsters ?
What about the possibility of hitting someone enough to injure, than abducting them ?
Think about it, Samantha was a runner. She was fit !
My. 02 is that if possible she'd have fought like a tigress.
Wonder if the arrestee had scratches ?
I'm also thinking about how she was concealed during transport, as someone driving by or a LE stopping him for a light out would have noticed her ?
Omo.

Given the accused is an electrician, it doesn’t seem like a leap to hypothesise that the accused may well have solid problem-solving skills, and work methodically. Both these qualities could, hypothetically, assist him in brainstorming ways to dispose of a body and evade detection? Whatever the accused may have imbibed hours before the alleged murder it would seem that these substances did not lead to any major errors committed in haste. This suggests to me that the accused may possess tendencies towards reckless risk taking on the one hand (ie., alleged cocaine use, alcohol and driving under the influence), but also cold-hearted, unemotional planning and execution on the other (ie., allegedly deliberate intent to kill, leaving no traces behind, possibly deflecting attention away from real scenario by “ping” at 5pm). Perhaps this is why the accused’s actions are so difficult to comprehend, as there seems to be a lack of consistency in his modes of operating? I wonder how suprised (or unsurprised) those who know the accused are by his alleged actions? All JMO, MOO…
I absolutely agree with this!
All IMHO
I was thinking that the accused is probably highly intelligent and has participated in criminal activity simply because it is easy for him/ he has a lying & manipulative nature/he’s gotten by with all types of things in the past & many times without being caught or without being punished.
He manipulates family and friends regularly and he seriously manipulates mere acquaintances.
He can play ignorant or can play charming - if it suits his purposes.
He worms his way out of difficult circumstances and thinks he can do the same this time.
He gets his REAL kicks out of getting by with deviant behavior.
He has been on a 5 week high after this murder just knowing he’s gotten by with murder.
Getting by with crime is a better high for him than anything drugs can supply.
He’s an underachiever in certain ways because he has the luxury of being lazy. His narcissistic side thinks he is still smarter than the law.
I think he fully believes that if he doesn’t cooperate then this will go away/that he can manipulate his way out of this one through not saying a word. Now that his arrest has shocked him -his only way of staying on a high is if they don’t find her body.
He is still outsmarting them/ getting by with something devious. I don’t think he’s going to give that up no matter how hard they try to break him.
I also don’t think he has or will freely admit to killing her. No matter what strong evidence against him they have.

Thought much the same as to the GF’s confidence and demeanour , almost as if she’s already ‘moving on’. Did think of a situation where after growing concerns she may have come forward to LE lawyered up seeking immunity in exchange for info that in addition of
already gained intelligence might have been the clincher req’d .
Doubt they would have ridden horses the roughly six or seven Km to Mt Clear.

I would tend to think these are older photos, taken prior to all of this happening. I highly doubt she would be having a photo op with the Daily Mail after the fact of this news. She, like his parents has likely gone into a sort of hiding from the press. JMO

Edited for spelling*

Not exactly true. It varies by state. In Arizona, "the state does not differentiate between vehicular and other types of manslaughter." In other words, you'll just be charged with manslaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Ed