Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtFem at beach, dolphin tat, May'13 - Robin Kelly

It's been 2 years now and I can't find any updates more recent than a year and a half ago. So sad. Still thinking of her.

I was thinking of her yesterday too - a news item came up about a drowning at Myrtle Beach and I thought it might be something related to Dolphin Doe, but it wasn't :(

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/30004...oman-found-dead-in-ocean-remains-unidentified

Over 2 years later, woman found dead in ocean remains unidentified.
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Memorial Day Weekend marks the unofficial start to the busy summer season on the Grand Strand, and two years ago, the holiday began just like any other.

Drawn by the opportunity to get in an early Saturday run on the sand, or a chance to catch the sunrise, visitors and locals alike made their way out to the beach. One of those people included someone perched high above the water, near 24th Avenue South in Myrtle Beach, who noticed something out in the ocean.

As it turns out, that something was someone: a woman floating lifeless in the water. Lifeguards called to the scene pulled the victim on shore and performed CPR, but a short time later, the woman was pronounced dead at Grand Strand Medical Center.

(modsnip)

Bumping for our Dolphin Lady. Was Googling and found this comment on a missing persons Facebook page. I don't see any follow up. Wonder if she ever contacted authorities?

https://www.facebook.com/MissingChi...65463.143918.257918890900403/668628529829435/

If the person (P****s) who posted on this FB Missing persons page info (re: knowing someone who possibly knew Dolphin Doe/Lady) ever contacted Authorities, there is no indication, which seems odd. The Holden Bch/Supply area is relatively close to Myrtle Bch (50-55 miles (by road )) where DDoe/Lady was found. Since the FB entry (by P****s) was made 6/03/13, can it be assumed that Authorities have been made aware of this or should it be reported? I'm a newbie to websleuth so excuse my naivete or lack of knowing what should be done. TYIA

If the person (P****s) who posted on this FB Missing persons page info (re: knowing someone who possibly knew Dolphin Doe/Lady) ever contacted Authorities, there is no indication, which seems odd. The Holden Bch/Supply area is relatively close to Myrtle Bch (50-55 miles (by road )) where DDoe/Lady was found. Since the FB entry (by P****s) was made 6/03/13, can it be assumed that Authorities have been made aware of this or should it be reported? I'm a newbie to websleuth so excuse my naivete or lack of knowing what should be done. TYIA

Good point! No, I wouldn't assume they saw the post or have the info.

I was thinking of her yesterday too - a news item came up about a drowning at Myrtle Beach and I thought it might be something related to Dolphin Doe, but it wasn't :(

This may be solved soon. It looks like an old friend. Her family has been notified. I'm not sure why she wasn't on the missing person data base but they are running DNA now. Once I have more info I will post it. Thank you all for keeping her memory alive.

Good point! No, I wouldn't assume they saw the post or have the info.

I contacted Myrtle Bch Police by phone on 9/14 and rec'd a call back on 9/15 and and spoke w/ an Investigative Asst.; emailed info (FB link) to Invest Asst who said info would be turned over to Sargent.

I contacted Myrtle Bch Police by phone on 9/14 and rec'd a call back on 9/15 and and spoke w/ an Investigative Asst.; emailed info (FB link) to Invest Asst who said info would be turned over to Sargent.

Called f/ an update; found out info was turned over to a Detective (have his name); contacted him and left msg (9/18, early PM); no response to date.

This may be solved soon. It looks like an old friend. Her family has been notified. I'm not sure why she wasn't on the missing person data base but they are running DNA now. Once I have more info I will post it. Thank you all for keeping her memory alive.

Thank you Tkuz and welcome to Websleuths.

Anyone think she could be Tina Ledet?

I know Debra Durrance Pritchett has been brought up earlier. But I couldn't find her on the ruleouts list. I also saw she doesn't have DNA dentals or fingerprints available.

I know Debra Durrance Pritchett has been brought up earlier. But I couldn't find her on the ruleouts list. I also saw she doesn't have DNA dentals or fingerprints available.

I though of her too, but her tattoo is on the wrong ankle, unless that information is incorrect in Debra's listing. There are only two ruleouts for Dolphin Doe in NamUs, which seems crazy to me!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back