Searches for Lisa

in another thread whisperer posted that lisa's body might've been missed in the landfill search...

i bumped this thread to ask if there's the possibility that LE could conduct another search?

and what would the chances be of finding anything at this point?

if the body was wrapped well, odds would be fairly good of locating her, right? but if that's the case, why was she missed the first time (if she was there)?

Searches cost a lot of money, and if the parents aren't cooperating, I don't think they will be doing much more than putting what evidence they have together. I can't see them searching in any formal form. But, I could be wrong.

I do not blame the LE for not doing more searches, there is a lot of cost involved and since the parents don't seem to care if she's found, why waste the money? Unless they were given a specific place to look, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I would think another landfill search could be done, but as others have posted, it is very costly and very time consuming to search even part of a landfill.

I know when my local LE was searching for Baby Gabriel in our landfills, it took them several weeks just to search a relatively small (but still huge) part of one landfill. They based it off the belief that Elizabeth Johnson dumped her baby in a dumpster at one of the local motels. Then they had to track where that particular motel's trash gets taken. They never found Gabriel or anything related to his case. Does it mean he's not in the landfill? Not in my mind because babies are really small compared with mountains of trash and HRD dogs, while amazing, can have trouble in landfills.

PLEASE THANK THIS POST BEFORE POSTING

The Lisa Irwin forum appears to be made up of cliques. You know, the type you have in high school before you begin to understand that there are a lot of interesting people and places in the world and your fear of such limits the personal boundaries you set for yourself. The disrespect between the two cliques is tiresome.

That being said, we need another review of the rules (which is really just a curtesy as everyone should know them or how to find and read them by now): This is NOT hard. Post YOUR thoughts, theories and interpretations (easy enough right?). Read the thoughts of others (not hard). Respond to those that may be of a like mind (okay, that should work). If you disagree with another poster and cannot post nicely, MOVE PAST THEIR POST (how hard is that?) If another poster gets under your skin, PUT THEM ON IGNORE (only takes about a minute). If you must refute their post - then use a link and state the fact as YOU see it (you all know this case, it can't be that hard). THEN DROP IT! That's it. See, not hard. If a post offends you, ALERT it, DO NOT RESPOND TO IT, and MOVE ON. It is okay to disagree, but it is NOT OKAY to attack or make fun of others. AND THE SNARK...well, that needs to just STOP.

It is our hope this gets the message across. There are many good posters here and no matter what opinion we may hold on who we feel is responsible we all are here for Lisa Irwin and want her to come home safely and soon.

Thanks so much,

The Lisa Irwin forum moderators

Was the last search (performed by LE) for Lisa at the pond/lake close to Festival Foods? Does anyone know when that was? I'm trying to find it, but it is difficult. TIA

Was the last search (performed by LE) for Lisa at the pond/lake close to Festival Foods? Does anyone know when that was? I'm trying to find it, but it is difficult. TIA

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region...h-for-lisa-irwin-about-10-miles-from-her-home

Authorities with the FBI and Kansas City Police Department searched Chaumiere Woods Park, in the 3700 block of NE 43rd Terrace. That's near Interstate 35 and Chouteau Trafficway, about two miles north of Lisa’s home in the 3600 block of Lister Avenue in Kansas City.

NBC Action News reporter Lindsay Shively reports one boat was in a lake there, and two more ground crews were searching the area.

ETA: That was Oct 27th. I think it was the second to last search that the media covered.

This is from Nov.11th. Looks like this was the last media covered search (according to my records anyway):

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16017789/baby-lisas-first-birthday-and-still-few-clues

KCPD spokesman Capt. Steve Young said an area near the Stroud's chicken restaurant was searched again.

"Just the next idea, nothing more," Young said in email to KCTV5.

hope that helps :)

Wonder what evidence they have that made them do the searches? They sure weren't looking for a child that wandered off in the woods.

I'm responding to your post on this thread as it seems to be appropriate. By saying "They" I'm imagining that your referring to LE.

LE conducted searches for Lisa Irwin in the areas around her home in an effort to locate her.

I believe that early on they would have been conducting a search in the belief that Lisa was possibly alive and near her home.

As time passed, LE may have concluded that a more extensive search would be advisable. Whether that's based on not finding Lisa alive or not is hard to say.

LE may have decided to search areas not because of evidence provided to them, but in order to exclude these areas as possible dump sites.
JMO.

I bumped this thread if anyone wishes to discuss the landfill searches or any other searches for Lisa.

It looks like only one company handles KC's trash service.
The trash service for Kansas City, Town & Country Recycling and Waste Management, takes its trash to the landfill. A Deffenbaugh spokesman says in cases of landfill searches, if they know where the trash in question came from, they can pinpoint a 20-acre area to help narrow down the search.
A 20-acre area is pretty big. Did the FBI check that much of an area in only a couple of searches? Or were they able to narrow the search area?

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region...-search-tied-to-Lisa-Irwin-case#ixzz21Uy9NHH7

Was it stated on here that DB and PN were seen at a land fill several months before Lisa went missing?

I don't remember that. And if they did, what would it mean? That they had some junk to get rid of?

Was it stated on here that DB and PN were seen at a land fill several months before Lisa went missing?

You're not suggesting that they pre-meditated Lisa's murder months in advance? Sorry, I don't find that believable at all. A drunken accident covered up I could believe, but not a carefully thought out act with months of planning.

You're not suggesting that they pre-meditated Lisa's murder months in advance? Sorry, I don't find that believable at all. A drunken accident covered up I could believe, but not a carefully thought out act with months of planning.

Actually, I was not suggesting anything. If you read my post carefully, I am asking if it was ever stated on here that the two of them had been seen at a landfil, as I thought I had read that on these threads.

Actually, I was not suggesting anything. If you read my post carefully, I am asking if it was ever stated on here that the two of them had been seen at a landfil, as I thought I had read that on these threads.

I remember reading something about that too, but, it was something I put in my disregard list for some reason. It may have been third hand info or message board gossip. I don't think it was ever reported in any MSM source so I hesitate to even reiterate what it was.

I remember reading something about that too, but, it was something I put in my disregard list for some reason. It may have been third hand info or message board gossip. I don't think it was ever reported in any MSM source so I hesitate to even reiterate what it was.

Thanks Melon for letting me know I haven't completely lost my mind!

Thanks Melon for letting me know I haven't completely lost my mind!

i don't recall where the info came from (message board?) that deb and her bro were seen dropping off items at a landfill a few weeks (i think) before lisa "disappeared"... which would render the sighting pretty meaningless re: lisa. the woman who reported it however believed it was significant :what:

4jacy-- are you along the train of thought that if DB and PN made a habit of using the landfill to get rid of trash, garbage, waste, junk etc., they might have used that resource if they felt a need to dispose of lisa? if so, i think your thoughts are totally credible and make sense. imo, the baby is in the river or the landfill :(

found this "live" blog today re: the search for lisa... the last post was just after the dr phil sham but there might be information ppl want to read:

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old?Page=0

Clicking thank you wasn't enough. I read through this entire thing, I dont think I realized how quickly LE mentioned that they were looking at everyone and weren't ruling anyone out. All of the early searches were in the backyard and very close to home.

I might have been oblivious because I thought she was really kidnapped, I stayed on the fence for a long time. I even thought that they were possibly innocent of any involvement and their attorneys were just making them look guilty because they thought they were. But here we are almost a year later, if they were innocent they would be doing something to find their child. Which is what eventually pushed me off the fence in the first place.

Thanks again for posting this, it's interesting reading the events as they unfolded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horusthetortoise
Back