Searching for Anna - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annasbro said:
OK, Help me here guys - define LE and BFH - Thanks
Annasbro,I believe it to be "Law Enforcement" and "Box From Hell"

RobinH said:
Annasbro,I believe it to be "Law Enforcement" and "Box From Hell"
We started calling it the BFH because George's papers (which is what it contains) were like something out of Ghostbusters.

Annasmom said:
I want to tell you about Anna's music box, which I found with her stuff last week. It has been rusted up for many years and wouldn't play. I decided to see if I could fix it, so I took out the mechanisim, put it on a newspaper and sprayed it with WD40. All at once, it began to play and to crawl across the newspaper (because the wind-up key was moving). Now I have it completely repaired and back together. This is the song it plays:

Auf Wiederseh’n,
Sweetheart

Lyric by John Sexton
and John Turner

Auf Wiederseh’n, auf Wiederseh’n,
We’ll meet again, sweetheart.
This lovely day has flown away;
The time has come to part.
We’ll kiss again like this again;
Don’t let the teardrops start.
With love that’s true, I’ll wait for you,
Auf Wiederseh’n, sweetheart.

(1949, Berlin, 1951 USA)
Annasmom, how touching and how telling. I believe God gives us signs when He thinks we needs them. How much clearer could that message be?? Keep keepin' the faith. She'll be home when she is supposed to be. Until then we continue to search. Hugs to you.

Thats wonderful! I am glad they met up with you Annasmom and Doogie and I am glad they are taking this seriously.

This is wonderful news! Awesome! Annasmom and Doogie, thanks for updating here as you are able. I know there are many "lurkers" here like myself who check here daily for anything new. :)

I can only imagine how exhausted Annasmom and Doogie are tonite. This is truly a wonderful one year anniversary gift.

I agree with Itsreenw, God or his angels do send signs in some fashion. I was afraid to ask Annasmom when she told me this story if the mechanism was walking toward her or away. She answered it was walking parallel toward her. That, I believe, is a good sign. :)

laini said:
I know there are many "lurkers" here like myself who check here daily for anything new. :)
Interestingly enough, the detectives we met with today are some of the "lurkers". They have been checking up on what we have accomplished here in their preparation for our meeting. They are real pros!

Dr. Doogie said:
Interestingly enough, the detectives we met with today are some of the "lurkers". They have been checking up on what we have accomplished here in their preparation for our meeting. They are real pros!
Now how cool is that! I personally don't like the word lurker--too many negative connotations for me. I consider myself more like a member of a very special "Greek Chorus". I follow this thread daily and have contributed some thoughts and speculation in the past when a good idea had the audacity to pop into my otherwise feeble brain. I wish I had the talents that many of you have in conducting the research that's brought so much information to light in Anna's story. I can't tell you how impressed I am with you, Doogie, and all of the talented sleuthers on this board including especially SherlockJr, Shadow, itsreenw, christine, and so many others that I can't remember at the moment (it's that feeble brain thing holding me back again...).

The support and love of all of Anna's family and friends is a remarkable thing and is probably what keeps the interest in Anna's story so intense and so important. RobinH and C, you may or may not be the answer to this enormous riddle, but you sure do restore my faith in humanity. You both have put yourselves out on a huge limb and your willingness to become involved in this story is a heartening thing.

My most humble admiration goes to you Annasmom. You are the epitome of a mother's strength and love. God Bless you!

This post is beginning to sound like an awards acceptance speech. I promise I will stop soon. I just couldn't resist the urge to share in the happy news. Thank you San Mateo County LE for reactivating this cold case!!

I am thrilled that the meeting was successful. I know that it must have been emotionally overwhelming, but, as usual, Annasmom shows the strength that she has had all of these years and Dr. Doogie was there for support. What a wonderful and amazing team! :)

I read this last night but, having gotten home very late, was too tired to respond.

I am so thrilled for you both that the meeting went so well. It is amazing that you have gotten LE to take an active interest in this case again!

Annasmom, I hope you will find the answers soon.

Jodibug said:
I am so thrilled for you both that the meeting went so well. It is amazing that you have gotten LE to take an active interest in this case again! Annasmom, I hope you will find the answers soon.
I have a fireman friend who recently ran a supermarathon, 100 miles in 29 hours. When I asked him how he could do such a thing, he said "you just put one foot in front of the other and keep going." Really, WebSleuthers, this is all I have done, and I can't take any credit for anything. On the other hand, you should all feel really good about all the brainstorming you have done, the time you have put in, the support you have shown us, your interest, good wishes and prayers. As for finding answers, you cannot imagine what a comfort it is to me to know that we have looked and are still looking at every possibility. If all we get from this search is the knowledge that we've left no stone unturned, then at least I'll know that we ran the supermarathon, whether or not we did it in record time.

A couple of weeks ago I posted an announcement on classmates.com about all of the great work you websleuths are doing. It was an update about what we are doing here. I also invited anyone who might have some info not yet revealed to contribute. To my surprise I recently saw that over 90 people had viewed my profile recently. There had previously been only 5 viewings over the past several years before I posted the announcement. This tells me that I might have gotten some people's attention who may actually have some useful information that we haven't heard yet. Keep your fingers crossed!

Annasbro said:
...To my surprise I recently saw that over 90 people had viewed my profile recently. There had previously been only 5 viewings over the past several years before I posted the announcement...
Your not fooling me - those are all of your old girlfriends checking up on you. :D

Dr. Doogie said:
The last year of work that we have done has now culminated in this meeting. It has always been my hope that we could find enough information to allow LE to justify spending the time necessary to solve this mystery. Today, that wish came true. Thank you, WS, for getting us to this point!

A year ago you started this forum with two goals, to get LE involved in
Anna's dissapearance and to find Anna. Congratulations Doggie on reaching one of the goals. I strongly believe that with all your hard work and perservence you will reach that other goal to. I have been anxiously reading here the last couple of weeks. I fell and broke, my hand/wrist (right one) which has left me
unable to type much. I can now use my thumb and two fingers good enough to get back online and do more posting. I trully believe that with Doggie leading the way Anna will be brought home.

mjak

mjak said:
I fell and broke, my hand/wrist (right one) which has left me
unable to type much. I can now use my thumb and two fingers good enough to get back online and do more posting. I trully believe that with Doggie leading the way Anna will be brought home.

mjak
Hell, I use only my thumb and two fingers already without a broken hand! LOL!

Thank you for your kind words, but my role has been primarily just helping keep the investigation focused on what we felt was important. You Sleuthers have done all of the hard work and ingenius brain storming that have got us this far. For example, when someone originally suggested a MySpace site, my thought was it seemed unlikely that it would bear any fruit, but figured "what the hell, it can't hurt". Well, two weeks later, as a result of the three different sites that others dilligently put up, we found out about C. It is because of "out of the box" thinking by you all like this that we have accomplished what we have.

natasha-cupcake said:
Now how cool is that! I personally don't like the word lurker--too many negative connotations for me. I consider myself more like a member of a very special "Greek Chorus". I follow this thread daily and have contributed some thoughts and speculation in the past when a good idea had the audacity to pop into my otherwise feeble brain. I wish I had the talents that many of you have in conducting the research that's brought so much information to light in Anna's story. I can't tell you how impressed I am with you, Doogie, and all of the talented sleuthers on this board including especially SherlockJr, Shadow, itsreenw, christine, and so many others that I can't remember at the moment (it's that feeble brain thing holding me back again...).
Thank you Natasha-Cupcake for your acknowledgment. It doesn't matter if you post once a month or everyday, we are all in this together and we will all share the joy the very moment we read on here that Anna has been found. :clap: to everyone that posts, reads or otherwise supports the search for Anna.

Doogie, re your post to Annasbro, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thank you Natasha-cupcake. There is something special about Anna's thread and I think that it has had an effect on everyone. I can honestly say that I have not seen member's work so well together on any other thread.
This thread has also been quite educating too. Just look at how much we all learned about the early years of boxing while working on George the boxer. I still think that Bobby Walgast looks like a young George.:waitasec:

a while back ago i posted up brodys info on a genological website and also linked his pictures into yahoo pictures those are the only pictures i have of brody and i think its only one or 2 pictures not one person has ever emailed me i wonder if brody was a hermit all his life and lost touch with his family or even faked his own death at some point in his life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal