SIDEBAR #23- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a singing the blues night.......

I can't decide on whom like the most,

Van Morrison

Van Morrison // I'll Take Care Of You - YouTube

or Bet Hart with Joe Bonamassa. When he was eleven years old he opened for B.B. King

Joe Bonamassa, guitarist extraordinaire, and the amazing Beth Hart~I'll Take Care of You~ - YouTube

or Etta James; such a sad life.

Etta James - I'll Take Care Of You - YouTube

and she does a great It's a Man's World, much better than James Brown,

and you can't beat

"AT LAST" + Lyrics ETTA JAMES - Original Version - YouTube

Please correct me if I am wrong. The date of the YouTube video says April 24, 2008 and I think TA was murdered June 4, 2008. I was trying to remember what significant thing happened on April 22, 2008. Was it the infamous threatening text conversation? TA said he had not slept that night, then slept 2.5 hours the next night and had skied all day 4/24/08. He sounded very tired in his lecture. :seeya:

Zuri, I think the infamous "threatening text message" was May 26th, 2008, if that is the one you are thinking of.
Not sure if anything of significance happened on April 22.

It's hard to believe it's almost 6 years since Travis left us.
Mind boggles that they are still trying to get her trial completed...i had never experienced anything like this til jodi.
Most trials here are probably like a 3 week maximum

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It's hard to believe it's almost 6 years since Travis left us.
Mind boggles that they are still trying to get her trial completed...i had never experienced anything like this til jodi.
Most trials here are probably like a 3 week maximum

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

----------
Hi Josie, I have seen trials overwith in two or three weeks here also. Anthony Sowell was over in about two weeks, DP. trial I might add. They have made a farce of this trial.There is no reason to stretch it out like they have. I hold the Judge responsible for allowing it. Defense will go for appeal but I dont see them getting it. I dont think anyone would release her even after 50 years! she's another Manson..I dont understand why they have to drag out the penalty phase. Where I am they sentence maybe a month or so after but we usually read about it one day in the newspaper. :loveyou:

----------
Hi Josie, I have seen trials overwith in two or three weeks here also. Anthony Sowell was over in about two weeks, DP. trial I might add. They have made a farce of this trial.There is no reason to stretch it out like they have. I hold the Judge responsible for allowing it. Defense will go for appeal but I dont see them getting it. I dont think anyone would release her even after 50 years! she's another Manson..I dont understand why they have to drag out the penalty phase. Where I am they sentence maybe a month or so after but we usually read about it one day in the newspaper. :loveyou:

I'm guessing here but I believe I remember the judge saying she only had a small window to start the next phase of the trial otherwise it may go into the following year. JM had the Chrisman trial and defense said they also have conflicts so here we are and they were finally able to get everyone's schedule set up with the date. The motions are just defense doing their thing which they are obligated to do. jmo

I'm guessing here but I believe I remember the judge saying she only had a small window to start the next phase of the trial otherwise it may go into the following year. JM had the Chrisman trial and defense said they also have conflicts so here we are and they were finally able to get everyone's schedule set up with the date. The motions are just defense doing their thing which they are obligated to do. jmo

Goodness, I surely hope Jodi doesn't find a way to drag it out another year. Nothing would surprise me with this defendant and this case. What a travesty of justice for the Alexander family. Arias had made their lives a true living hell. So sad.

Thanks for your memory of this info Lambchop. Mine is so bad I depend on you all to remind me of things! :facepalm:

----------

Hi Nore! :loveyou: Good to see you! I think most trials aren't like this one and poor little Caylee in Florida. I never want to go to Florida, it's off my list of places to see just like Aruba. :scared:

Oh God, thankfully she doesn't have followers

Hi everyone! :wave:

Just checking in... I'm around, but not really posting, just reading!

Had a yoga therapy and treadmill session with Kinesiologist. Then a hot sauna to deepen relaxation.

Sending good vibes to all! :loveyou:

Kensie .... how's the weather there? Looks like we'll have ice and flurries here Wed. Atlanta will have kind of a rough day tomorrow.

Kensie .... how's the weather there? Looks like we'll have ice and flurries here Wed. Atlanta will have kind of a rough day tomorrow.

This is like the winter that never ends. We have another potential snow, mix coming our way Thursday, similar to last week. Wet heavy snow, Ugh! I worked extra hours last week and am doing the same this week, just so I have not lost time worked in case I can not get out of the house onThursday. Last week the plow did not come through until 2:30 pm. Thankfully, this place I work for lets part timers do this. They let full time people do it also. It is just harder for them to make up time, but if worse comes to worse and they can not get out they can take a PTO day or just take it unpaid.
Still liking my new job but still tired when I come home. I am hoping this will change soon. Hopefully, when the weather turns nicer, I will get my summer energy back.

It's a singing the blues night.......

I can't decide on whom like the most,

Van Morrison

Van Morrison // I'll Take Care Of You - YouTube

or Bet Hart with Joe Bonamassa. When he was eleven years old he opened for B.B. King

Joe Bonamassa, guitarist extraordinaire, and the amazing Beth Hart~I'll Take Care of You~ - YouTube

or Etta James; such a sad life.

Etta James - I'll Take Care Of You - YouTube

and she does a great It's a Man's World, much better than James Brown,

and you can't beat

"AT LAST" + Lyrics ETTA JAMES - Original Version - YouTube

Gosh, these are all good BendPages. My favorites are Etta James and, I didn't realize it, but I really like the Van Morrison version as well. I just don't remember them singing blues, did they switch over somewhere along the line ? Or, maybe I'm just confused as usual, lol. :waitasec:

Gosh, these are all good BendPages. My favorites are Etta James and, I didn't realize it, but I really like the Van Morrison version as well. I just don't remember them singing blues, did they switch over somewhere along the line ? Or, maybe I'm just confused as usual, lol. :waitasec:

Etta! That's my vote. A beautiful song ..... wish somebody would take care of me. Depressing.

Hi all, good to see everyone still here :wave:

Anyway, YesOrNor, I was just reading over on Princess' thread and saw your post with the video of Declan Galbraith singing "An Angel". How beautiful is that, he truly sings like an angel. So as I had never heard of him, I was looking on youtube. This young man is quite versatile. Even sings one of my very old favorites, Nights in White Satin, very impressive.

So thank you for sharing this beautiful music, :loveyou: I love it so much I hope you don't mind me posting it here just in case someone may have missed it. It's just too beautiful. One of those songs that I will not be able to get out of my head for days or weeks.

From YesOrNo, in honor and memory of dear Princess. Declan Galbraith - An Angel (2006 TV appearance) - YouTube

Etta! That's my vote. A beautiful song ..... wish somebody would take care of me. Depressing.

Ahhh, yes, my Knight in Shining Armor fairy tale. Who can blame me, I grew up on Cinderella and Snow White, lol. Hi Daisy ! :seeya:

Shirley Temple Black, iconic child star, dies at 85

"Black died late Monday at her home in Woodside, Calif., according to publicist Cheryl J. Kagan. No cause was given..."

http://www.latimes.com/la-me-shirley-temple-black-20140211,0,7475592.story#ixzz2t16SjRp0

My favorite movie of Shirley's- Rebecca Of Sunnybrook Farm. I would play this movie every Sunday for the residents at the nursing home where I worked many years ago. They just loved it and we would sing this song with her:

Shirley Temple - Old Straw Hat - YouTube

RIP, Shirley. :candle:

Hi all, good to see everyone still here :wave:

Anyway, YesOrNor, I was just reading over on Princess' thread and saw your post with the video of Declan Galbraith singing "An Angel". How beautiful is that, he truly sings like an angel. So as I had never heard of him, I was looking on youtube. This young man is quite versatile. Even sings one of my very old favorites, Nights in White Satin, very impressive.

So thank you for sharing this beautiful music, :loveyou: I love it so much I hope you don't mind me posting it here just in case someone may have missed it. It's just too beautiful. One of those songs that I will not be able to get out of my head for days or weeks.

From YesOrNo, in honor and memory of dear Princess. Declan Galbraith - An Angel (2006 TV appearance) - YouTube

Here's another song:

Declan Galbraith - Tears in Heaven - YouTube

We miss you princess.

Oh wow. I don't often read posts on here anymore. I just came in here to check if there is anything new only to find out today that Princess has passed on. I feel bad learning about this so late. I loved her quote 'In a perpetual fog after watching the Jodi Arias trial for five months. ' I'm going to use the 'perpetual fog' phrase often (in honour of Princess) during this final phase of the trial.

Princess, you will be greatly missed here on Websleuths. Hope you feel all this great love we're all sending you. Love knows no time or space. Love just IS.

Judge Stephens just postponed Arias trial from March 17th. Martinez has a conflict. Per Michael Kiefer twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500