Sidebar Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she had been convicted he might have had a quixotic quality, fighting the good fight in an unwinnable situation. Now, not so much.

Very well said. I had to review the meaning of the word quixotic (derived from "Don Quixote.")

She has her reasons IMO for playing the "hiding game" IMO. Let's face it - if she is outed and all she gets is a big "yawn" then being employed or seeking work becomes a necessity to meet her parole requirements....:floorlaugh:

I think Missie will stay underground playing at fake screen identities as long as she can drag it out...:great:

Not to keep beating the same ole drum but I also think her reasons for being quiet are so she can claim she is still in danger and keep getting the special probation privileges she is enjoying and you are referring to. :maddening:

If she had been convicted he might have had a quixotic quality, fighting the good fight in an unwinnable situation. Now, not so much.
QUOTE]

Very well said. I had to review the meaning of the word quixotic (derived from "Don Quixote.")

You have made a very good point here concentric and Baily - if he had actually lost this case I think he would have been better off than what he has now - which appears to be no glory at all.

Had he lost the case - all the talking heads there are out there would have wanted him on their shows front and centre, and he probably would have had a better shot at the much coveted position (by Baez anyhow) of a talking head he seems to want so badly,

OMG - was Baez thwarted? Not handing over that cupcake yet! I will need mass WS confirmation first :eek:

You have made a very good point here concentric and Baily - if he had actually lost this case I think he would have been better off than what he has now - which appears to be no glory at all.

Had he lost the case - all the talking heads there are out there would have wanted him on their shows front and centre, and he probably would have had a better shot at the much coveted position (by Baez anyhow) of a talking head he seems to want so badly,

OMG - was Baez thwarted? Not handing over that cupcake yet! I will need mass WS confirmation first :eek:

Exactly right lg. Had it gone the other way he could've gone the martyr route.
As it is, he's just going to be seen as a big-headed show-off.
Btw I've come to love that word ... 'thwarted'

Here's just a question that has been in my mind:

Do you think Casey Anthony fashions herself to be a criminal mastermind/genius?

Yes..which makes me wonder not if but when she will have a repeat offense.

Watching the Conrad Murray verdict today... really kind of brings me back to the Casey Anthony verdict .. and what should have been.:furious:

In a word - yes.
She may have seemed to have been showing emotion at times during the trial but, watching it, I often wondered whether she dreamed she was in a Perry Mason episode.
IMO she knew full well she was the star in one of the trials of the century and loved every minute of it

I think Casey Anthony fashions herself anything that works in the moment. Right now it's being a victim of the big bad public. She's probably surrounded by people who feed into that persona.

I do think Baily made an astute observation. JB and company thought Casey would be in prison and they could move on ,into their new high profile status with lots of options. Talking head,book deals ,even movie deals were all but wrapped up ,IMO.
BUT ,since Casey got a NG verdict nothing from her supporters will sell.
Karma ,Baby.

I agree completely. JB's career would have been 100% better if she had been found guilty and sentenced to LWOP. He would have been able to justify his case as a quest to save her life. But now, he's the poster child for dirty lawyering and a pariah in the circles he hoped to penetrate.

Yep, thrwarted. Karma.

Uh huh...in her RV in Costa Rica with her Irish babies and best bud. Oh, and Zanny's there too, gotta have someone watch the babies for them when they go out and party!

Yeah, I'm sure she tells her mirror to tell her who's the fairest of them all, too...

Probably
Just like she fashioned herself to be a student in post-secondary education, working as an Event Planner and being a single mom with a great Nanny :rolleyes:

I've just bought ashton's book for my kindle, so I dont have to wait a single second to get it :D it supposedly will be delivered directly to my device on 15 november :floorlaugh: it doesnt tell me what damn time so I'll be looking at the dang thing all day!!

As I watched the Conrad Murray verdict yesterday, I couldn't help but think of the FCA fiasco. You know, I don't want to turn this into an argument for guilt or innocence of CM (for what's it's worth, he's at least partially responsible for the death and should never practise medicine). I couldn't help but think, if I was on the jury, knowing what I know now about the FCA trial and jury backlash..... What would I do? I have three small children, that is my priority. At any rate, I personally saw "reasonable doubt" about CM being convicted. From a legal standpoint, I may not have handed down a G verdict. But, what if I didn't? Do I want to throw my reputation down the crapper? I guess in the end, I would have said to hell with the legalities of the case, what CM did deserved punishment even though philosophically I can see reasonable doubt cause he has a great attorney. In the end, I would have voted guilty just to quell the public anger at me and my family. Another great legacy that creature FCA left with me...... I'm left wondering if I have any faith in the justice system. CM had less evidence toward guilt, yet he was taken to jail. Fear from the jury? Plans on making it rich and becoming an american "hero" for bringing down CM. I just don't know anymore. I just don't know.

As I watched the Conrad Murray verdict yesterday, I couldn't help but think of the FCA fiasco. You know, I don't want to turn this into an argument for guilt or innocence of CM (for what's it's worth, he's at least partially responsible for the death and should never practise medicine). I couldn't help but think, if I was on the jury, knowing what I know now about the FCA trial and jury backlash..... What would I do? I have three small children, that is my priority. At any rate, I personally saw "reasonable doubt" about CM being convicted. From a legal standpoint, I may not have handed down a G verdict. But, what if I didn't? Do I want to throw my reputation down the crapper? I guess in the end, I would have said to hell with the legalities of the case, what CM did deserved punishment even though philosophically I can see reasonable doubt cause he has a great attorney. In the end, I would have voted guilty just to quell the public anger at me and my family. Another great legacy that creature FCA left with me...... I'm left wondering if I have any faith in the justice system. CM had less evidence toward guilt, yet he was taken to jail. Fear from the jury? Plans on making it rich and becoming an american "hero" for bringing down CM. I just don't know anymore. I just don't know.

If it had been me on that jury I would have felt no guilt voting guilty. Doctors take an oath to do no harm, which CM did as soon as he made that drug available to a patient, any patient. Leave out of the factor that this was a famous patient. There is no way that drug should be administered by the patient or the doctor outside of an operating room. That's the bottom line for me. There is no reason to abandon your hippocratic oath and cross that line because your patient is a star. The issue is also that no matter what drug you use, eventually the dose isn't going to be enough and if all you do is keep prescribing, what you have is a dead patient. Do-no-harm. Whether CM administered the drug or provided the drug for his patient - to me either scenario adds up to involuntary manslaughter.

I've just bought ashton's book for my kindle, so I dont have to wait a single second to get it :D it supposedly will be delivered directly to my device on 15 november :floorlaugh: it doesnt tell me what damn time so I'll be looking at the dang thing all day!!

Are you going to give us highlights - huh - pretty please are you - huh? Or just come on the thread and keep telling us how great it is.....:maddening:

I have his book coming to my I Pad and I would be happy to give you highlights. :great:

We haven't heard anything about ML in a long time so I looked at his website. Under the news tab, he was citing all the news items, but that ended in early July. No news since then. Is he still the registered person/address for the A's charities?

Since I was on a roll, I decided to check on JB's website. It was interesting. Right at the beginning, it shows a silhouette of buildings in the night. Is it the skyline of Orlando or Kissammee? It has been completely revamped with no mention of KC or her trial or the word murder. The closest thing is "Once called the most hated man in America, Jose A. Baez wears that title like a badge of honor". I found it interesting that now "Mr. Baez's practice has a particular emphasis on defending allegations of sexual assault against adults and children" among other things. He also has extensive experience in a lot of areas. Jeremiah Lyons heads up the Investigative Services area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark