Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, not what I wanted to see either when I checked my e-mail this morning (it was a Google Alert). According to the article, it doesn't mean the case is going cold, but simply that the number of leads has dwindled. Either way it sucks.

Well, maybe not! We have to try to look at the positive side of things. Maybe they have it narrowed down ehough that they are focused on one or two persons and they just dont need all the manpower that was required before. I tend to believe this is what's going on. Things sure dont look good for this Gaddy and Dailey boy for sure!

So... you see, it may be a Good thing and not a bad thing. To me it means they dont need so many people to work on the case cuz they have narrowed things down quite a bit. :highfive:

RPS posted a good find on Topix – a guy named Cody T. Lambillotte, 23, was arrested and charged with same offense as Dustyn on the same dates – 2nd Degree Burglary-Felony (arrested 8/5/2008; charges filed on 8/12/2008). Consecutive Arrest Nos; same judge, same DA.

Here is a summary of charges for Cody and Dustyn I could find, including an earlier charge for Cody in 2006 involving 2nd degree burglary and false declaration of ownership to pawnbroker, AFCF. Looks like he got a suspended sentence for the 2006 charge (surprise). See ref links at bottom for details.

8/2/2006: Cody Lambillotte (23 yrs)
·Cody T. Lambillotte arrested for 2nd Degree Burglary and False Declaration of Ownership to Pawnbroker, AFCF (After Former Conviction of a Felony)
·County: Okmulgee (Henryetta)
·Court Records shows Plea of Guilty/No Contest on 9/6/2006; Judgment sentence on 9/13/2006; Bench Warrant Issued 8/13/2007; etc. and then on 9/19/2007 Letter from DOC defendant is in DARP (Drug Rehab) in Arkansas and not scheduled to graduate until 10-26-07; on 6/7/2008 Letter ret’d no mail receptacle
·Suspended Sentence (per OK Dept of Corrections)

2/28/2008: Dustyn (Spudd) Obrien Dailey (18 yrs)
·Charges filed against Dustyn for No Drivers License
·County: Okmulgee (Henryetta)
·Agency: OK Highway Patrol (OHP)
·Judge: Pickering, Cynthia; DA: Giulioli, Tom – Okmulgee
·Details show he was jailed on 2/19

4/18/2008 and 5/5/2008: Dustyn Dailey
·Protective Order filed against Dustyn by his parents (Judith and Raymond King)
·Protective Order granted on 5/5/2008
·Judge: Pickering, Cynthia

8/5/2008: Cody Lambillotte and Dustyn Dailey
·Cody T. Lambillotte arrested by Okmulgee Police for 2nd Degree Burglary - Arrest No: 2008001733
·Dustyn Obrien Dailey arrested by Okmulgee Police for 2nd Degree Burglary - Arrest No: 2008001734

8/12/2008: Cody Lambillotte and Dustyn Dailey
·Charges filed against Cody and Dustyn for 2nd Degree Burglary-Felony
·County: Okmulgee
·Judge: Pickering, Cynthia; DA: Giulioli, Tom – Okmulgee
·Calendar has Pre-Preliminary Hearing date of 9/18/2008

=========
·OK Dept of Corrections (Cody): http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=547234&offender_book_id=326925
·Court Records: http://www1.odcr.com/results.php?Page=0&PHPSESSID=co2oh4pkccieo5m0pamc8hkht6
·Sheriff’s Inmate Roster for Cody (with Picture): http://okokmulgee.jailsoftware.com/PressArrestRelease.asp?itbSiteID=6&ArrestNo=2008001733
·Sheriff’s Inmate Roster for Dustyn (no Picture): http://okokmulgee.jailsoftware.com/PressArrestRelease.asp?itbSiteID=6&ArrestNo=2008001734
·Oklahoma Courts – 2nd Degree Burglary (can be charged as a Felony or Misdemeanor): http://www.oscn.net/applications/OCISWeb/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69879

Excellent find... Seems like they were booked one right after the other... Thank you cloud!

Frog, I agree with you that OSBI is getting closer to solving this case. They certainly aren't going to release their strategy to the public. They could be close enough to solve but need to 'take the heat off' these perps in hopes that they'll become careless enough that an arrest can be made. Remember the Atlanta child murders....everyone assumed the perp was caucasian, but LE suspected the perp was a black man who blended in with the community but that info was withheld for a time while they continued to build evidence. Hopefully, that is the case here. Let's keep our fingers crossed and say a prayer....

We keep thinking LE is close but nothing ever seems to happen. I know people keep saying we have to be patient because it has only been a few months but I think this is a case they either solve immediately or it will never be solved.

I don't know what to make of the investigation.

It sure looks to me like the crime was done by young locals. But if that is the case then I don't understand the investigation. That type of crime should have produced an investigation that hit the suspects hard and fast. That wasn't done and now the killers have had 3 months to gain resolve.

I also don't understand OSBI's preoccupation with "leads" provided by the public. If the killers are young and local, OSBI should have been providing their own leads.

If they were thinking young and local they should have taken a map, put a pin where the girls were killed and then drawn a circle on the map as far out as they thought the killers might have lived. Then they should have started asking kids about kids. The local kids will produce a list to investigate. All of this should have been happening in the first few days.

I guess what I am saying is that if the killers were young and local I find it unbelievable there have been no arrests. So we either have a botched investigation or the killers weren't local.

We keep thinking LE is close but nothing ever seems to happen. I know people keep saying we have to be patient because it has only been a few months but I think this is a case they either solve immediately or it will never be solved.

I don't know what to make of the investigation.

It sure looks to me like the crime was done by young locals. But if that is the case then I don't understand the investigation. That type of crime should have produced an investigation that hit the suspects hard and fast. That wasn't done and now the killers have had 3 months to gain resolve.

I also don't understand OSBI's preoccupation with "leads" provided by the public. If the killers are young and local, OSBI should have been providing their own leads.

If they were thinking young and local they should have taken a map, put a pin where the girls were killed and then drawn a circle on the map as far out as they thought the killers might have lived. Then they should have started asking kids about kids. The local kids will produce a list to investigate. All of this should have been happening in the first few days.

I guess what I am saying is that if the killers were young and local I find it unbelievable there have been no arrests. So we either have a botched investigation or the killers weren't local.

Sometimes there is no concrete evidence... and in those cases, they have to approach the investigation differently. I am just going to keep the faith. I believe they are on to something.... I dont know what, but I believe they are and thus the lack of information let out to the public.

Sometimes there is no concrete evidence... and in those cases, they have to approach the investigation differently. I am just going to keep the faith. I believe they are on to something.... I dont know what, but I believe they are and thus the lack of information let out to the public.

I'm with you, Frog. I really think LE has stumbled into more than they thought. From the sounds of it, it would be a blessing!

Yes, they are most likely building a circumstantial case and being extremely thorough. Info on circumstantial evidence, murder, and the death penalty below.

Circumstantial Evidence (two paragraphs snipped out)

Circumstantial evidence n. evidence in a trial which is not directly from an eyewitness or participant and requires some reasoning to prove a fact. There is a public perception that such evidence is weak ("all they have is circumstantial evidence"), but the probable conclusion from the circumstances may be so strong that there can be little doubt as to a vital fact ("beyond a reasonable doubt" in a criminal case, and "a preponderance of the evidence" in a civil case). Particularly in criminal cases, "eyewitness" ("I saw Frankie shoot Johnny") type evidence is often lacking and may be unreliable, so circumstantial evidence becomes essential. Prior threats to the victim, fingerprints found at the scene of the crime, ownership of the murder weapon, and the accused being seen in the neighborhood, certainly point to the suspect as being the killer, but each bit of evidence is circumstantial.

In many courts of law, juries and judges are required to consider all available evidence before making a decision. In a case with a severe punishment, the prosecution must generally prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. In a case like this, circumstantial evidence must be carefully gathered and corroborated so that the evidence paints a clear and obvious picture. Should the prosecution fail to prove the case, the perpetrator could go free.

·http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-circumstantial-evidence.htm
·This one is good: http://www.findlaci2003.us/circumstantial-definition.html
·http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence

Murder and the Death Penalty - Oklahoma

·Murder in the First Degree Involving Death of a Child – Elements
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=81120
·Death Penalty Proceedings – Aggravating Circumstances
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=81127
·Death Penalty - Circumstantial Evidence - Excluding Reasonable Theories Other Than Existence of Aggravating Circumstance
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=81132

Thank you so much for that information Cloudjo. You are so good in your sleuthing! I for one feel like you have added so much to this forum...(is that what it's called? lol) I hope you realize how much you are appreciated. I have also heard others say the same things about you. We are blessed because of your hard and diligent work on the information you provide to us.

Thank you so much for that information Cloudjo. You are so good in your sleuthing! I for one feel like you have added so much to this forum...(is that what it's called? lol) I hope you realize how much you are appreciated. I have also heard others say the same things about you. We are blessed because of your hard and diligent work on the information you provide to us.

Frog, thanks - it was your posts that got me thinking about evidence, what is involved, all that they need to do, and to keep the faith - it will just take time. So thanks back to you. :)

I want to add my thanks, Cloudajo! You are a great sleuth! :clap:

It could be true they know who did this and are putting the final pieces together before an arrest.

But it could also be true they used the grand jury to see what info they could shake loose and they didn't get much. Thus they are drastically scaling back the investigation.

This is such a big case (or should be considered big, although I don't think OSBI agrees) that I find it hard to believe if they were close they wouldn't go full bore until the end.

Albert I think you might be right. I am starting to think that they were so cockfire sure who it was in the beginning that they let some leads slip thru their fingers.

It could be true they know who did this and are putting the final pieces together before an arrest.

But it could also be true they used the grand jury to see what info they could shake loose and they didn't get much. Thus they are drastically scaling back the investigation.

This is such a big case (or should be considered big, although I don't think OSBI agrees) that I find it hard to believe if they were close they wouldn't go full bore until the end.

I sure hope this case doesn't go into the Cold Case file but maybe that is what it needs where a new set of eyes can research what they have.

I have seen so many Cold Case detectives say they knew who committed the crime very early on in the case but did not have enough evidence to prove it in court.

imoo

I sure hope this case doesn't go into the Cold Case file but maybe that is what it needs where a new set of eyes can research what they have.

I have seen so many Cold Case detectives say they knew who committed the crime very early on in the case but did not have enough evidence to prove it in court.

imoo
It's only been a little over three months Ocean, look how many cases we've followed where we heard nothing for many months, even years, and then all of sudden they have enought evidence for a case.

I'm losing faith in OSBI. This is a case that I thought would be solved very quickly because of the remote area and the small communities surrounding it.

I'm inclined to believe the killer/killers live within pretty close proximity to the scene of the murders.

I still can't help but think that, if they would release a few clues, the public might help them solve these murders.

When the Grand Jury convened and they had 52 unsolved cases to go over, I sort of lost faith at that point.

Hello All~
Does anyone remember and possibly have the link where Dustyn Dailey and Mike Gaddy were suppose to have been each others alibis? After the alibis were discussed, the Daily Oklahoman ran a story, but the allegedly got the information incorrect. Please Help!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat