Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All~
Does anyone remember and possibly have the link where Dustyn Dailey and Mike Gaddy were suppose to have been each others alibis? After the alibis were discussed, the Daily Oklahoman ran a story, but the allegedly got the information incorrect. Please Help!! :)
Sorry, the only thing I found at several sites was this, and it doesn't mention the friends name.

The father said his son was at a friend's house at the time of the shooting. The father said his son, along with the friend and the friend's family, then went to Walmart. He said agents have pulled Walmart surveillance videotapes to try to verify the story.
http://tinyurl.com/3t8vuc

Hello everyone,
I have been reading here for a few weeks now,and this is my first post.
Dang...I wish I had found this site a long time ago.I'm very impressed !!!!

Hello everyone,

That was awesome! :clap:
Feel free to PM me.
I love candy.
:)

Hello everyone,
Welcome to Websleuths!

You now have a 2nd home... k4kathy cute name !!
:newbie:

:Welcome-12-june:

Long day, long week, too much coffee? But I don't get the candy part :crazy:

ps welcome K4K ! It is a great site isn't it!

GiGi~
The "candy part" was something that she and I knew about. Sorry to be so confusing................

Have a good night!
Flossie

TG~
THANK-YOU!!!! (Not yelling, just really excited.............)
I will research this and dig a little deeper~

Flossie

Flossie, the earlier post below might help. Whether Mike was really at this other friend's house I don't know, but that's what his parents told the 2 reporters. The 1 reporter said KFOR mis-reported when they repeated the story. And I think NewsOK/Oklahoman are linked.

I wonder what Dustyn's alibi is for that day...

--------------------

Remember these two conflicting reports about whether Mike Gaddy was at a friend's house when he heard the shots or whether he was home and Dustyn was at his house?

I sent an email to the two reporters of the NewsOK article and asked them to clarify, and one responded back. He said he was one of the reporters who spoke with Mike's parents. They said he was at a friend's. He said that KFOR repeated the story but got this detail wrong.

===============
Conflicting Articles:
Correct:
The father said his son was at a friend’s house at the time of the shooting. The father said his son, along with the friend and the friend’s family, then went to Walmart. He said agents have pulled Walmart surveillance videotapes to try to verify the story.
http://newsok.com/grand-jury-grills-three-men-in-weleetka-killings/article/3292830/?mp=0

Incorrect:
His parents tell the Oklahoman he was home at the time along with another suspect, 18-year-old Dustyn Dailey.
http://www.kfor.com/Global/story.asp?S=8952349&nav=menu99_1_1

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2660322&postcount=517

The other reporter also said via email to me that Mike Gaddy's parents told him that Mike was at the house of a friend who lives near where the murders took place. They were apparently in the car getting ready to go to Walmart when they heard the shots.

Note he said "they." So I assume LE verified this one way or another with the friend/family - I wonder if Walmart tapes confirmed either way.

Mike's parents also told the reporter that Mike and Dustyn had a falling out of sorts and were not hanging out together. I asked the reporter if he knew whether the falling out took place before or after the girls were murdered but he didn't respond.

I'm losing faith in OSBI. This is a case that I thought would be solved very quickly because of the remote area and the small communities surrounding it.

I'm inclined to believe the killer/killers live within pretty close proximity to the scene of the murders.

I still can't help but think that, if they would release a few clues, the public might help them solve these murders.

When the Grand Jury convened and they had 52 unsolved cases to go over, I sort of lost faith at that point.

Yellow, I kind of did too for awhile. But I'm hoping that they have narrowed things down and are just putting the case together, as strong as they can make it.

4 OSBI agents working the case full time and a No. 1 priority is still quite a bit of focus, isn't it? Here is a summary:

• 4 OSBI agents are now investigating the case full time.
  • "This case is still a No. 1 priority, full steam ahead," Brown said.
  • Although only four full-time agents will now be working the case, Brown said other agents will investigate the crime on a come-and-go basis.
  • She noted that a criminal analyst will continue with the case out of OSBI's Oklahoma City office.
  • She said those agents continue to be aided by Okfuskee County sheriff's deputies.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectID=11&articleID=20080913_12_A1_WELEET832735

Yellow, I kind of did too for awhile. But I'm hoping that they have narrowed things down and are just putting the case together, as strong as they can make it.

4 OSBI agents working the case full time and a No. 1 priority is still quite a bit of focus, isn't it? Here is a summary:

• 4 OSBI agents are now investigating the case full time.
  • "This case is still a No. 1 priority, full steam ahead," Brown said.
  • Although only four full-time agents will now be working the case, Brown said other agents will investigate the crime on a come-and-go basis.
  • She noted that a criminal analyst will continue with the case out of OSBI's Oklahoma City office.
  • She said those agents continue to be aided by Okfuskee County sheriff's deputies.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectID=11&articleID=20080913_12_A1_WELEET832735

Thanks Cloudajo. That does give me some new hope. Those alibis certainly do put some of the people who testified before the Grand Jury in very close proximity to the murders. Do any of them own four wheelers I wonder?

Hopefully, they are on the verge of an arrest.

Has it ever come out who one of the girls had a confrontation with at school?
Was it one of the suspects or a relative of one of them? Also, does anyone know which girl had the confrontation?

I would love to know what was in Taylor's purse when she was murdered. It might hold a clue. Have those contents ever been divulged?

The other reporter also said via email to me that Mike Gaddy's parents told him that Mike was at the house of a friend who lives near where the murders took place. They were apparently in the car getting ready to go to Walmart when they heard the shots.

Note he said "they." So I assume LE verified this one way or another with the friend/family - I wonder if Walmart tapes confirmed either way.

Mike's parents also told the reporter that Mike and Dustyn had a falling out of sorts and were not hanging out together. I asked the reporter if he knew whether the falling out took place before or after the girls were murdered but he didn't respond.

Cloud,
Thank-you for your help. It is much appreciated. I have been bothered by 3 things lately, the timeline of the murders, the alibis and the autopsy results. The alibis are the things that are really on my mind.

Seriously, THANK-YOU! You saved me tons of reading and re-reading.

Flossie

Hello everyone,

I am a little late in doing so, but I would also like to extend a warm welcome to Kathy.
Welcome to the gang, Kathy. Glad to have you! :grouphug:

Flossie.... I have heard that locals are really wishing that the families would be looked at a little more closely. That they are not real happy with the idea that everyone in the families have been cleared according to OSBI. Do you think this could just be another story OSBI is telling us to keep certain details of the investigation from getting out?
I never liked the discreprencies between who made the first 911 call... and also as to IF anyone was even home that day or not. I wonder if anyone WAS there and we just dont know about it? I just wish something would happen! This feels more and more like an injustice to the girls and everyone! (except for the killer(s) of course)
I have been going over the videos done by ramzpaul. Things dont set right! Here is a link for anyone who would like to view them (again.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6TR-zpwsQ

There is also a part 2 and a followup. Not much more info than we already know, and some maybe not so accurate now... but still interesting.

Thanks for the info cloudjo... & the sweet pics.. I really, really... want justice for these girls !!

Thanks Cloudajo. That does give me some new hope. Those alibis certainly do put some of the people who testified before the Grand Jury in very close proximity to the murders. Do any of them own four wheelers I wonder?

Hopefully, they are on the verge of an arrest.

Has it ever come out who one of the girls had a confrontation with at school?
Was it one of the suspects or a relative of one of them? Also, does anyone know which girl had the confrontation?

I would love to know what was in Taylor's purse when she was murdered. It might hold a clue. Have those contents ever been divulged?

You know, I just thought of something...(probably been brought up before, but if so, oh well) but if you go by the scenerio that maybe the girls took drugs or drug money to meet someone at the bridge at 5:00, and were heading home when the person or persons they met realized that they had been ripped off, dont you think that whatever was in that purse was removed by the killer(s)? If this is the case, there would surely be some kind of dna on or in that purse wouldnt there be? Could they get prints off a fabric purse if it was made of fabric? I'm not real up on technology. I dont usually follow things like this, but this one has grabbed me HARD!

You know, I just thought of something...(probably been brought up before, but if so, oh well) but if you go by the scenerio that maybe the girls took drugs or drug money to meet someone at the bridge at 5:00, and were heading home when the person or persons they met realized that they had been ripped off, dont you think that whatever was in that purse was removed by the killer(s)? If this is the case, there would surely be some kind of dna on or in that purse wouldnt there be? Could they get prints off a fabric purse if it was made of fabric? I'm not real up on technology. I dont usually follow things like this, but this one has grabbed me HARD!

Hey~
I am in no way a DNA expert. But, there is the new type of DNA testing called, "touch DNA". You can read about it on the Jon Benet thread on WS. I wish I could post more but, I have to log off soon.

Flossie

You know, I just thought of something...(probably been brought up before, but if so, oh well) but if you go by the scenario that maybe the girls took drugs or drug money to meet someone at the bridge at 5:00, and were heading home when the person or persons they met realized that they had been ripped off, don't you think that whatever was in that purse was removed by the killer(s)? If this is the case, there would surely be some kind of dna on or in that purse wouldn't there be? Could they get prints off a fabric purse if it was made of fabric? I'm not real up on technology. I don't usually follow things like this, but this one has grabbed me HARD!

Hi Frog,

I don't think they had anything in that purse but girly things. From the autopsy report, the bag was still on Taylor's shoulder and if the perps went through it I would think the contents would have been scattered by her body instead of the purse still being on her shoulder.

imo

It's only been a little over three months Ocean, look how many cases we've followed where we heard nothing for many months, even years, and then all of sudden they have enough evidence for a case.

That is true. All it takes is one credible call to turn this case upside down. That one call can lead to indelible evidence and the suspects.

I sure hope someone will talk and soon.

imoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members