Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for this late photo in response to posts earlier in the day, but I was gone.

Here's a better perspective of the road. Note in the distance, the other truck and as the road blends into the distance a curve to the left.

this is County Line Rd. looking south. The crime scene was close, but not as close as the other photo indicated.

show_image.php

Thanks for finding this. And double thanks for putting together that timeline. It's great!

Could he also be hiding track marks on his arms?

Other possible reasons:

Has some physical reaction from sun due to disease or medications
Lives without A/C and is used to it
Some work he was doing, such as farming
Thought he was dressed up since he had on a bluish gray long sleeve shirt
Mental problems
Trying to cover up being a very thin person

Good points!

I'd like to add that some people never wear anything different. I know one older man, a retired police officer, who is always dressed in jeans, long-sleeved shirt, boots, and cowboy hat. It can be 100 degrees out and you'd never see him in a short-sleeved shirt or wearing shorts.

I havent got all caught up from last night yet but is it possible that Linda is Taylors mother? She would have been, what, 14 when Taylor was born right? Maybe she was raised as her sister because she was so young at the time. And she was raised as her sister. Thats why she would be listed as a sister in her Obit. Just a thought...
I'm still catching up, too, rc! I have a friend whose daughter was 14 when she got pregnant and my friend and her husband (the biological grandparents) adopted the little boy. If anything were to happen to him, heaven forbid, I'm positive that the grandparents would be listed as the parents and his birth mom would be listed as his "sister" in the obituary, as that's how he's been raised the past 11 years.

Did they see two men having a sexual encounter? I keep asking myself what did these girls see or know that was so bad that they had to be killed? And the gay possibility keeps jumping out at me.

Maybe they just simply knew something that they weren't supposed to.
Someones sexual preference.
Someones illegal way of making money.
Someones crime.
Someones secret.

They just simply knew about it and were too risky to let them live.
The POI may not have been known to the girls, but was a part of the secret.
So he was the hitman in effect. Not worried about being recognized because he wasn't from the area. Maybe the girls were set up by the other persons involved, and waited for the girls at the creek, visited with them like normal, then alerted the POI who was waiting nearby.

Anybody know who was at the bridge when the girls were? I haven't heard that anyone actually talked to them at the bridge but I may have missed the post. They weren't there very long so maybe no one was at the bridge to visit with and they turned around and came right back.

I think the 'brother' pictured at the funeral is possibly her father and the grandparents took over raising her.

Me too. Honestly I am missing what makes this so suspicious. Biological parents are just that. It looks like Taylor was always raised by her "Mom and Dad" and the bio mom may have walked out over 13 years ago and never looked back. This may be their son's child and he is comfortable with the arrangement. Maybe in Taylor's mind she had one Mom and one Dad only.

I know a high school classmate of mine got pregnant when she was 16 and her parents raised her child as their own child. She was known as her older sister. Now years later the child found out that the sister was actually the mother but she never recognized her as such. Only as her older sister and they remain close sisters.

When this girl grew up and got married the parents that raised her were listed as her parents in her wedding announcements and the sister (bio mom) was listed as her sister and Matron of Honor.

I really am not all that interested in their personal family dynamics. By all accounts, Taylor excelled and was a happy well adjusted child.

IMO

Remember we had that confusing picture where they showed a vehicle at the mailbox and then another vehicle and a man was shown a short distance up the road and the caption said that was crime scene? But the crime scene looked to be too close. That confusion comes from the fact newsok.com posted two different pictures with the exact same caption.

Philamena posted the link to the newsok.com pictures a few pages back. On page 7 of the pictures is the picture with the pickup at the mailbox and the other vehicle a short distance up the road. On page 8 they have the same caption for a picture that shows three vehicles, the white pickup at the mailbox and then another vehicle a short distance up the road and then farther up the road is another vehicle and a man is in the road. (EnvoyDriver61 just posted a link to that picture.) The picture on page 8 must be the correct picture for that caption.

Even still, the crime scene is not very far from the mailbox, which would be correct because 300 yards is not very far.

That same newsok.com site has on page 3 the picture of Skyla in the green basketball jersey. I love that picture. Her "Mona Lisa" smile. What a little beauty.

:) Well I wish that is the only time I could say I say it but then that would be dishonest. It is just a habit here in the South......believe me I am not the only either......thank goodness. So plenty of folks understands me because they do it too.:crazy:

imoo

LOL I'm a southerner through and through so I totally understand.

I have seen reports that refer to the grandparents as the bio grandparents. If that is accurate, we know it is the child of one of the kids.
My suspicion is that perhaps she is the product of 2 step siblings
One Placker one Paschal and it is just not a topic open for discussion in their eyes. I would think in their opinion, it is no one's business and she has been raised by the grandparents.
JMHO of course!

I still think it was probably random, but LE was supposed to be checking on robberies or sexual assaults that may have been reported. I don't suppose this POI was watching for the witness to leave home and then go steal a car part, gasoline, etc. and the girls saw something. There could have been a recognizable local with him that the girls saw come back to the truck hauling something he had stolen.

Maybe they just simply knew something that they weren't supposed to.
Someones sexual preference.
Someones illegal way of making money.
Someones crime.
Someones secret.

They just simply knew about it and were too risky to let them live.
The POI may not have been known to the girls, but was a part of the secret.
So he was the hitman in effect. Not worried about being recognized because he wasn't from the area. Maybe the girls were set up by the other persons involved, and waited for the girls at the creek, visited with them like normal, then alerted the POI who was waiting
Anybody know who was at the bridge when the girls were? I haven't heard that anyone actually talked to them at the bridge but I may have missed the post. They weren't there very long so maybe no one was at the bridge to visit with and they turned around and came right back.
This is what I am talking about. I believe they knew something..not seen something. They might have discovered someone's nasty little secret and were killed because of what they knew.
This is somewhat similiar to the Alex Kreider case. Yall rememebr that? he kiled his best freind. I think it was in Pennsylvania. He not only killed the freind but the friends parents too. Got in their home in the middle of the night and stabbbed them all...except the older daughter who heard noises and ran to a neighbors home and called 911. And there was alot of talk about these guys being gay and perhaps that ws the reason behind the killing. Cause these guys were best friends but in the end, one brutally stabbed the other one. So If taylor and Skyla knew something similiar to this it could be why they were murdered.

I'm not reading too much into what grandpa supposedly said, because we heard this through Skyla's mom and through the media, right?
It is very possible that Taylor's grandfather phrased it differently than what Skyla's mom remembers. After all, this has been a very tough, stressful and shocking time for the family, and one's recollection might not be as sharp when trying to remember words or sequence of events. Maybe Skyla's mom was paraphrasing, and not quoting exactly what grandpa said.

I thought this is what Skyla's grandmother said that he told her daughter when he rushed to hold her back when she came up the road toward the crime scene?

What did Skyla's mom say he said?

I would think it would be hard to process all of that information and remember verbatim. I would be in such shock that I am not even sure I could hear people even around me talking.

imoo

When LE said the girls were shot with different calibur bullets did they mean each girl was shot with a different gun? Or two guns on both girls?

Nothing posted has changed my opinion that this is a thrill kill for one or two sick minded individuals.It has nothing to do with parentage but rather an opportunity for evil. I will gladly eat my words if it is anything but. Truly, I don't think tis has anything to do with family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member