State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this was asked before, so apologies if I missed the answer - is there a way to get a copy of witness list from either side? Seems I've seen a few folks post as if they might have seen a copy of have insight as to specific folks who might be slated to testify. Wasn't sure though if there's a general way to see it. Anyone with an 'inside' connection (sunshine, johnfear?). :)

My only post tonight - maybe an adult version of the choking game?? But really - I posted last week about a story a woman who ran in Lochmere told me about a pickup truck w/ two guys, in the morning, bright daylight - uturned to follow her, stopped, passenger got out, another woman approached scene in a minivan saw what was happening and opened the door for the running woman to jump in. A random attack avoided. My wife had a brief, but hairraising experience running in Lochmere. People are kidding themselves if they think these things don't occur.

Also, few yrs back there was talk of a text NC received at the party, or sometime the week prior to her missing - that really ticked JA off - got her fuming. Was this ever confirmed?

Last point. A sports bra found in the woods by one of the searchers for NC was mentioned yesterday, I think, in some posts. Could that have been from another, unreported attack? Why else would a sports bra be in the woods off of a greenway? Runner got too sweaty? Wasp got in her clothes?

http://www.felonspy.com/search.html

To me there's still a good possibility that the prosecution has some significant/compelling pieces, even beyond those that have been alluded to thus far. I know we're still in the 'foundation' phase, but soon enough (week or two), it will be put up or shut up time for the prosecution I think.

Reasons I think they have a strong card or two to play: (a) Pre-trial, the defense seemed pretty intent on trying to get more time... (if they knew there was little compelling that couldn't be refuted, there would be less need). (b) something significant compelled the custody judge (Sasser?) pre-arrest. The custody judge (I'm assuming) had a higher/different bar than the grand jury... [ we know that little weight can be given to the grand jury ]

This case is very tricky. If he did do it, there's just a lot of things that don't make much sense. If he didn't do it, there's also of course a lot of things that don't make much sense.

I know this was asked before, so apologies if I missed the answer - is there a way to get a copy of witness list from either side? Seems I've seen a few folks post as if they might have seen a copy of have insight as to specific folks who might be slated to testify. Wasn't sure though if there's a general way to see it. Anyone with an 'inside' connection (sunshine, johnfear?). :)

Not that I know of. I'd dearly love to get a look both sides lists. Following the Caylee Anthony case, and the wonderful amount of information made avialable due to the Sunshine Laws, has well and truly spoiled me.

Yep, and that child support and alimony were two more nails in her coffin...

But with her gone, he would have to raise them on his own. Do you really think that's what he wanted? Then we come back to - was it premeditated?

They were so early in the negotiations of the separation. I just don't believe he would kill her over that.

But with her gone, he would have to raise them on his own. Do you really think that's what he wanted? Then we come back to - was it premeditated?

They were so early in the negotiations of the separation. I just don't believe he would kill her over that.

Murder is not a rational act to solve problems. So, why would he be thinking rationally at the time. If he did this, he wasn't thinking of having the kids by himself or going to jail or any other ramification. He just acted.....that is the problem. He wasn't thinking...he was in a rage in order to do this horrific crime.

No inside connection here:). I would like to see that too, but I doubt it is available to the public. They would worry about people influencing witnesses (I think).

Murder is not a rational act to solve problems. So, why would he be thinking rationally at the time. If he did this, he wasn't thinking of having the kids by himself or going to jail or any other ramification. He just acted.....that is the problem. He wasn't thinking...he was in a rage in order to do this horrific crime.

Well some here today have been saying they now think it was premeditated.

I think the negotiations were a boiling point, just because we don't have a lot on paper, doesn't mean it wasn't really rough on both of them. I can't remember this now, but someone testified that he was so upset about the 1st draft that's when he convinced her to stay and took the passports.. correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure this has came into testimony by her friends and parents.

I agree I don't think it was premeditated, I think it was in the heat of the moment and maybe he was freaking out when he read more emails of hers at 1030pm that night (we have not heard the computer forensics guy up on the stand yet but this is what everyone is saying he did)
With that being said, in my opinion, he wasn't thinking ahead like raising the children on his own, etc. He just exploded and that's all.

I think we are finally getting to some good stuff this week, too bad I have not seen as much of the testimony as I wish I could but I need to be a mom and take care of my son and wait till he goes to bed to obsess.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem as though we can rely on wral or any other news article to tell us what is really going on in that court room.

I don't think it so much matters how much time it took for the second trip. I can't see a scenario where parents are trying to console a child at the wee hours of the morning, finally dad makes a trip to pick up milk for a bottle, dad brings the milk home but mom doesn't give the bottle and instead waits until dad comes home again?

Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe they were going back and forth trying to entertain hoping to stay away from the milk but finally giving in. It could be that they needed to trade off because of the stress of it; maybe Brad was handling it and Nancy felt she needed to help him. Just a thought.....By the time Brad gets back with the milk the little one is happily following Nancy around helping with laundry, whatever, and so she lets her continue to wear herself out a little until Dad is back and can finish getting the situation under control. This way she won't have to run back up the stairs again either when he can do it when he's back in a few minutes. Shes had the kids and its his turn. Maybe??

http://www.babyzone.com/askanexpert/toddler-sleep-association
Part of an answer from Dr. Karen Sadler

"Q I got my 2-year-old son off the bottle during the day. However in the the middle of the night, my son wakes up screaming and crying for a bottle and won't stop till he gets one

A.....either by going 'cold turkey' and ignoring him, or, more realistically, by substituting another object that doesn't require your presence. This can be a favorite toy or stuffed animal, or a bottle of water that he can reach for when he awakens. The important part of this is to introduce the object with the bottle for a few days, then phase the bottle, and yourself, out of the picture.".

The drop cloth has to figure in somehow. Just too much of a coinkydink he bought it the day before she went missing.

ETA: And LIED <by omission> about his trip to Lowes.

So curious.........

Well some here today have been saying they now think it was premeditated.

This is a fine point of the law, at least in North Carolina, I can't say for sure about other places.

If we were together and arguing about something, and I became so angry that I saw a gun lying on a table and shot and killed you with it, it is murder, but not premeditated. After I pulled the trigger "in the heat of the moment" I have no opportunity to come to my senses and whistle the bullet back into the gun.

On the other hand, since the cause of death in this case has been determined to be strangulation, and ME testified that it takes minutes for someone to die by this method. This is the basis for pre-meditation, the minutes between applying the pressure and the death. According to the law, he had several minutes to realize that what he was doing would cause death, and did not stop doing it.

It remains to be seen if there are other indications about pre-meditation, but this is at least one reason he was charged with 1st degree.

First time poster, I suspect he did it but there's absolutely NO WAY that what the state is putting on deserves a guilty verdict.

Here's a question. Everyone is hung up on this $300 a week allowance today. If she was so desperate for cash, she could have sold one or more of their $8000 paintings and kept the cash. Since they had not separated, the property is still joint property.

I know because I was married to a spouse who spent like crazy. At the time it was easier to keep the peace and not complain vs. create world war 3. Would have been better to have shut down that spending by the spouse long time before it came to divorce.

Along those lines, from going thru a divorce I didn't want a few yrs back, I can COMPLETELY relate to BC not being very upset when NC went missing. If my ex was to have gone missing for awhile back when we were battling about whether divorce would happen or not, it would have been hard to manufacture tears for someone causing me so much heartache. not that i wanted harm to become of my exbut I remember often thinking if ex didn't come back because of a car wreck or something, it would certainly be a lot better than having to battle over the marriage and kids.

The neighbors of NC and BC are like a combination Desperate Housewives meets Knots Landing. Desperate Knots Lochmere Landing Wives

Maybe Nancy and her running partners always held on to each others' ponytails so as to prevent the van of Hawaiian/Hispanic/Mormons from grabbing them! Anyone ever thoughta that, eh??

Oh come on, they need pigtails for that:woohoo:

And @ 2:32am he was doing something involving data. I still think shoes were dumped in the HT dumpster.

The neighborhood the body was found in had homes in various stages of construction. each lot had a large pen of scrap material, boards, boxes, etc. this was emptied or picked up periodically as the homes were constructed. Would have been easy to dump shoes or anything else into a dump pile on one of these lots for whoever it was that killed NC. It would be picked up at some point during the next week or two, have a bunch of other stuff thrown on top of it (trash, fast food wrappers from the workers, rags, boards, etc) and hauled out.

PS My cell phone used to do an automatic backup that used less than one minute of data each night. I remember it because the phone company would often charge me by mistake for $1 of data usage, and it was always at some random time like 2 in the morning if my phone was left on. This was def not a smart phone either. Just they do so much stuff on a periodic basis to update things that 2:30 am data usage seems NO big deal. the guy seems smart enough to have covered his tracks if he did it that whatever he needed to do on his phone he could have done on his computer and deleted the history with no trace compared to phone records.

Ooooh... It's little insights like these that I'm living for on this board...thank you!!!!

I have to say it's exhausting going over and over the same information...I also want to thank you lurkers who pop in from time to time after having read the posts and watched the tapes and testimony to add or ask something non-redundant...newbies are verrrrry much appreciated when they read the existing threads and then comment ... thank you to all of the longtimers that have the patience to answer the same questions over and over again...I think I have hit my head against the wall too many times...

Here's one I haven't seen and don't get. They neighborhood they lived in has homes VERY close together, 1/4 acre lots, maybe 20 -30 feet between houses. Driveways very close to the next house, etc. With all these busybody "swinging" neighbors do you mean to tell me not a SINGLE person heard a car driving out of the cooper driveway, it didn't make ANY dogs start barking? Are we to think he CARRIED the body to the site where she was found? Can't believe not a single person noticed BC drive out. We know he drove out to the store twice, didn't anyone hear that?

Don't get me wrong, he seems guilty but there's just not enough proof AT ALL thats been presented so far.

First time poster, I suspect he did it but there's absolutely NO WAY that what the state is putting on deserves a guilty verdict.

Here's a question. Everyone is hung up on this $300 a week allowance today. If she was so desperate for cash, she could have sold one or more of their $8000 paintings and kept the cash. Since they had not separated, the property is still joint property.

I know because I was married to a spouse who spent like crazy. At the time it was easier to keep the peace and not complain vs. create world war 3. Would have been better to have shut down that spending by the spouse long time before it came to divorce.

Along those lines, from going thru a divorce I didn't want a few yrs back, I can COMPLETELY relate to BC not being very upset when NC went missing. If my ex was to have gone missing for awhile back when we were battling about whether divorce would happen or not, it would have been hard to manufacture tears for someone causing me so much heartache. not that i wanted harm to become of my exbut I remember often thinking if ex didn't come back because of a car wreck or something, it would certainly be a lot better than having to battle over the marriage and kids.

The neighbors of NC and BC are like a combination Desperate Housewives meets Knots Landing. Desperate Knots Lochmere Landing Wives

I see what you're saying in regards to Brad not being tore up that his wife was missing. But the Cooper's had two little girls who loved their mama. Wouldn't his heart break for them?

Here's one I haven't seen and don't get. They neighborhood they lived in has homes VERY close together, 1/4 acre lots, maybe 20 -30 feet between houses. Driveways very close to the next house, etc. With all these busybody "swinging" neighbors do you mean to tell me not a SINGLE person heard a car driving out of the cooper driveway, it didn't make ANY dogs start barking? Are we to think he CARRIED the body to the site where she was found? Can't believe not a single person noticed BC drive out. We know he drove out to the store twice, didn't anyone hear that?

Don't get me wrong, he seems guilty but there's just not enough proof AT ALL thats been presented so far.

Well he got to HT at 621am, he may have left the house at 545am and made a quick stop somewhere ( first before HT.. You think any neighbor would get up and look out the windows at 545am to see which neighbor is already up and out and about? Personally, I rather sleep..

Well he got to HT at 621am, he may have left the house at 545am and made a quick stop somewhere ( first before HT.. You think any neighbor would get up and look out the windows at 545am to see which neighbor is already up and out and about? Personally, I rather sleep..

Yes, and we know he made that trip because there is video of him. He had to have dumped the body during those two trips. Whether or not the neighbors saw him leave doesn't matter since it has been proven through the videos....

Perhaps there is/was ANOTHER drop cloth used and tossed. This one we see purchased with receipt in the car - he could have tossed the receipt in the trash on the way out of Lowes - is to throw us off.

Going to add again...the HT dumpster may have been the place to dump shoes & drop cloth.

why not dump the body in the dumpster too? Why risk it being found? Those dumpsters are picked up often. sometimes they are locked or restricted to small items like flat boxes, but if not, the body could have been disposed of and never been found. or if the killer had carried the body another 20 feet it would have never been seen from the road (but maybe not have decomposed as quickly either). The ditch thing is a drainage overflow, like a little retention pond. the neighborhood had several for washing out cement trucks loads and for catching water overflowing from the temporary road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann