State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you're saying in regards to Brad not being tore up that his wife was missing. But the Cooper's had two little girls who loved their mama. Wouldn't his heart break for them?

don't know. the guy seems pretty self absorbed to me...

The drop cloth has to figure in somehow. Just too much of a coinkydink he bought it the day before she went missing.

ETA: And LIED <by omission> about his trip to Lowes.

I think you're completely right. Too much continued focus on it (asking about the SKU today, etc.) Also, I was thinking last night about Nancy getting the house ready to sell in March. Krista came down to help her with the painting, remember? And the ADA flashed up two pictures of the house today (closet and dining room, I think) and asked Det. Young about painting supplies.

I think you're completely right. Too much continued focus on it (asking about the SKU today, etc.) Also, I was thinking last night about Nancy getting the house ready to sell in March. Krista came down to help her with the painting, remember? And the ADA flashed up two pictures of the house today (closet and dining room, I think) and asked Det. Young about painting supplies.

I saw that too. I think he was showing the pictures of the work that the drop cloth could have been used for....shut down the defense from saying he bought it for that.....then why wasn't it there instead of the bucket in the garage. Another thought, you bringing up Krista coming to help her paint...makes me sad to see Nancy prepping the house and boxes packed....totally shows what her intentions were.....to leave Brad. So sad, she was so close to going home to her family.

Here's one I haven't seen and don't get. They neighborhood they lived in has homes VERY close together, 1/4 acre lots, maybe 20 -30 feet between houses. Driveways very close to the next house, etc. With all these busybody "swinging" neighbors do you mean to tell me not a SINGLE person heard a car driving out of the cooper driveway, it didn't make ANY dogs start barking? Are we to think he CARRIED the body to the site where she was found? Can't believe not a single person noticed BC drive out. We know he drove out to the store twice, didn't anyone hear that?

Don't get me wrong, he seems guilty but there's just not enough proof AT ALL thats been presented so far.

It's the middle of summer, everybody has their houses closed up tight, AC on, no windows open. LOL, all the neighbors were sleeping off their buzzes from the Duncan's barbeque?

I saw that too. I think he was showing the pictures of the work that the drop cloth could have been used for....shut down the defense from saying he bought it for that.....then why wasn't it there instead of the bucket in the garage. Another thought, you bringing up Krista coming to help her paint...makes me sad to see Nancy prepping the house and boxes packed....totally shows what her intentions were.....to leave Brad. So sad, she was so close to going home to her family.

Yes, it's a real heart-breaker. :( And think about Krista, he twin. Twins have such a special bond. My grandsons aren't identical twins, but they are so very close.

Nancy did not go running on 7/12/08. She was dead and discarded a good hour (possibly more) before Brad had her leaving at 7am.

The twists one has to take to try to make this crime fit someone else is pretty amazing. Some real creative and sometimes bizarre scenarios to get the finger of fate pointed away from Brad.

As for evidence, why do you think the defense goes into fits every time a computer is mentioned? Think that could be a big 'ole hint for what's coming? Oh yes, yes it surely is.

There's going to be some expert on the stand who examined Brad's computer drives and found something incriminating. Likely something that ties Brad right to where he dumped his wife's body. Unless, of course, you think some random killer 'hacked' into Brad's secure computer and put incriminating evidence onto it or unless you think the FBI or some other LE agency has some conspiracy going. That's what the defense is hoping and praying everyone will believe when the computer evidence is revealed.

Yep, watch them twitch every time computers or cell phones are mentioned. They are very, very nervous...and for a good reason.

I think the negotiations were a boiling point, just because we don't have a lot on paper, doesn't mean it wasn't really rough on both of them. I can't remember this now, but someone testified that he was so upset about the 1st draft that's when he convinced her to stay and took the passports.. correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure this has came into testimony by her friends and parents.

I agree I don't think it was premeditated, I think it was in the heat of the moment and maybe he was freaking out when he read more emails of hers at 1030pm that night (we have not heard the computer forensics guy up on the stand yet but this is what everyone is saying he did)
With that being said, in my opinion, he wasn't thinking ahead like raising the children on his own, etc. He just exploded and that's all.

I think we are finally getting to some good stuff this week, too bad I have not seen as much of the testimony as I wish I could but I need to be a mom and take care of my son and wait till he goes to bed to obsess.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem as though we can rely on wral or any other news article to tell us what is really going on in that court room.

I think you're right on target, Caddict -

Re: the p/ports, go read DD's July 22 affy -- it's in the WRAL site for BC and is the same date. She explains how BC, NC, kids were at the pool & one child wanted something & BC volunteered to get it out of NC's car; she gave him the keys :noooo: and that's when he took all the p/ports & other items. That's how he got 'em - this controlling/shutting off thing again and blocking another avenue for NC.
icon9.gif

This is a fine point of the law, at least in North Carolina, I can't say for sure about other places.

If we were together and arguing about something, and I became so angry that I saw a gun lying on a table and shot and killed you with it, it is murder, but not premeditated. After I pulled the trigger "in the heat of the moment" I have no opportunity to come to my senses and whistle the bullet back into the gun.

On the other hand, since the cause of death in this case has been determined to be strangulation, and ME testified that it takes minutes for someone to die by this method. This is the basis for pre-meditation, the minutes between applying the pressure and the death. According to the law, he had several minutes to realize that what he was doing would cause death, and did not stop doing it.

It remains to be seen if there are other indications about pre-meditation, but this is at least one reason he was charged with 1st degree.

Bingo, Sleuth-Dude!! Like I had said earlier, minutes...
icon14.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's one I haven't seen and don't get. They neighborhood they lived in has homes VERY close together, 1/4 acre lots, maybe 20 -30 feet between houses. Driveways very close to the next house, etc. With all these busybody "swinging" neighbors do you mean to tell me not a SINGLE person heard a car driving out of the cooper driveway, it didn't make ANY dogs start barking? Are we to think he CARRIED the body to the site where she was found? Can't believe not a single person noticed BC drive out. We know he drove out to the store twice, didn't anyone hear that?

Don't get me wrong, he seems guilty but there's just not enough proof AT ALL thats been presented so far.

:wagon:

Welcome aboard - You make some good points, but The Fat Lady hasn't yet called the cab to take her to the CaryCarnegie Hall....

Completely right about what? Young testified during cross that the only point about bringing up the dropcloth was BC saying he as late Friday morning, yet stopped at Lowes to buy it. That's it. There is nothing else to it according to the detective on the case. It wasn't used in the murder. Kurtz asked about the SKU so that the jury would know that the one in the picture (unopened) was the one purchased on the 11th.

Honestly, it's time to forget about the dropcloth. There is really nothing more to it.

Nancy did not go running on 7/12/08. She was dead and discarded a good hour (possibly more) before Brad had her leaving at 7am.

The twists one has to take to try to make this crime fit someone else is pretty amazing. Some real creative and sometimes bizarre scenarios to get the finger of fate pointed away from Brad.

As for evidence, why do you think the defense goes into fits every time a computer is mentioned? Think that could be a big 'ole hint for what's coming? Oh yes, yes it surely is.

There's going to be some expert on the stand who examined Brad's computer drives and found something incriminating. Likely something that ties Brad right to where he dumped his wife's body. Unless, of course, you think some random killer 'hacked' into Brad's secure computer and put incriminating evidence onto it or unless you think the FBI or some other LE agency has some conspiracy going. That's what the defense is hoping and praying everyone will believe when the computer evidence is revealed.

Yep, watch them twitch every time computers or cell phones are mentioned. They are very, very nervous...and for a good reason.

I sure do wish the state would get on to this testimony so we can quit speculating about it.

I have watched and follow this case with much interest since Nancy's murder in 2008. I have an interesting perspective as I was the last woman Brad dated before Nancy. Or rather, probably unbeknownst to Nancy, he began dating her while he was still seeing me, which incidentally is a common thing for Brad. My heart goes out to Nancy's family and yet sometimes, I feel incredibly fortunate to have come so close to escaping a similar fate.

Although the smoking gun has yet to be presented, I have no doubt in my mind that he is guilty. Brad was incredibly narcissistic, unfeeling, cold, calculating, and crossed/undermined many people while I knew him, and was never remorseful. Yes he cheated and lied to me and at the time, was hurt and bitter but in retrospect, I think he was a borderline sociopath. He had 'friends' but was close to none of them; he latched onto current girlfriends social groups on a very superficial level and quickly moved on. The people he called his 'best friends' when we met, told me that he was unreliable, a cheater, cold and calculating, and that I would be better off to not get involved with him. They were right, and not long after Brad and I stopped dating, he also moved on to an entire new group of friends as he had used up any remaining goodwill.

He gave every one of my friends a 'creep' vibe. Fortunately, he was a 'rebound' boyfriend so I knew it wasn't meant to last regardless. He is ABSOLUTELY capable of manipulating mobile/telephone calls (and retrieving call history on his phone) - he bragged to me about his telephony talents on a few occasions and at the time I worked for a large telecommunications company.

It's late and I could write more, but young children aren't very understanding of mom's late nights on Websleuths.

i have watched and follow this case with much interest since nancy's murder in 2008. I have an interesting perspective as i was the last woman brad dated before nancy. Or rather, probably unbeknownst to nancy, he began dating her while he was still seeing me, which incidentally is a common thing for brad. My heart goes out to nancy's family and yet sometimes, i feel incredibly fortunate to have come so close to escaping a similar fate.

Although the smoking gun has yet to be presented, i have no doubt in my mind that he is guilty. Brad was incredibly narcissistic, unfeeling, cold, calculating, and crossed/undermined many people while i knew him, and was never remorseful. Yes he cheated and lied to me and at the time, was hurt and bitter but in retrospect, i think he was a borderline sociopath. He had 'friends' but was close to none of them; he latched onto current girlfriends social groups on a very superficial level and quickly moved on. The people he called his 'best friends' when we met, told me that he was unreliable, a cheater, cold and calculating, and that i would be better off to not get involved with him. They were right, and not long after brad and i stopped dating, he also moved on to an entire new group of friends as he had used up any remaining goodwill.

He gave every one of my friends a 'creep' vibe. Fortunately, he was a 'rebound' boyfriend so i knew it wasn't meant to last regardless. He is absolutely capable of manipulating mobile/telephone calls (and retrieving call history on his phone) - he bragged to me about his telephony talents on a few occasions and at the time i worked for a large telecommunications company.

It's late and i could write more, but young children aren't very understanding of mom's late nights on websleuths.

wow. Wow!!!

I have watched and follow this case with much interest since Nancy's murder in 2008. I have an interesting perspective as I was the last woman Brad dated before Nancy. Or rather, probably unbeknownst to Nancy, he began dating her while he was still seeing me, which incidentally is a common thing for Brad. My heart goes out to Nancy's family and yet sometimes, I feel incredibly fortunate to have come so close to escaping a similar fate.

Although the smoking gun has yet to be presented, I have no doubt in my mind that he is guilty. Brad was incredibly narcissistic, unfeeling, cold, calculating, and crossed/undermined many people while I knew him, and was never remorseful. Yes he cheated and lied to me and at the time, was hurt and bitter but in retrospect, I think he was a borderline sociopath. He had 'friends' but was close to none of them; he latched onto current girlfriends social groups on a very superficial level and quickly moved on. The people he called his 'best friends' when we met, told me that he was unreliable, a cheater, cold and calculating, and that I would be better off to not get involved with him. They were right, and not long after Brad and I stopped dating, he also moved on to an entire new group of friends as he had used up any remaining goodwill.

He gave every one of my friends a 'creep' vibe. Fortunately, he was a 'rebound' boyfriend so I knew it wasn't meant to last regardless. He is ABSOLUTELY capable of manipulating mobile/telephone calls (and retrieving call history on his phone) - he bragged to me about his telephony talents on a few occasions and at the time I worked for a large telecommunications company.

It's late and I could write more, but young children aren't very understanding of mom's late nights on Websleuths.

Please, oh please, do write more!!! Welcome back to WS and thank you for sharing your experience with Brad...And for giving credence to what so many of our intuitions have been about this man!

Murder is not a rational act to solve problems. So, why would he be thinking rationally at the time. If he did this, he wasn't thinking of having the kids by himself or going to jail or any other ramification. He just acted.....that is the problem. He wasn't thinking...he was in a rage in order to do this horrific crime.

Yes, I agree with this. It had to be an act of passion for him to murder NC. I would assume if he was planning this, the fact he'd be left as the sole caretaker wouldn't be a preference for him. I know many husbands/fathers do kill their wives and are left with the kids, but it just doesn't seem like BC would be one of them. After all he did suggest to NC that they each take 1 child when they split up (what parent suggests that?).

Thanks for posting. Nice to see your insight into him. Sounds familiar to other posters. Hmmm, why aren't there any friends from his past defending him?

But really - I posted last week about a story a woman who ran in Lochmere told me about a pickup truck w/ two guys, in the morning, bright daylight - uturned to follow her, stopped, passenger got out, another woman approached scene in a minivan saw what was happening and opened the door for the running woman to jump in. A random attack avoided. My wife had a brief, but hairraising experience running in Lochmere.

Yes, these things do happen. I am a runner and had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago (I'm no longer in NC, so it happens anywhere, as we know). However, they are very rare and you just have to weigh the risks (very small chance of danger vs. health benefits). So I could very well see the scenario of NC running and being abducted. HOWEVER, the evidence doesn't point to that.

It's the middle of summer, everybody has their houses closed up tight, AC on, no windows open. LOL, all the neighbors were sleeping off their buzzes from the Duncan's barbeque?

Plus, it's quite noisy at night in NC, or at least I think so. The frogs/bugs/owls make plenty of noise around here. I rarely notice the sound of a car starting.

why not dump the body in the dumpster too? Why risk it being found? Those dumpsters are picked up often.

Waaayyy too risky, IMO. The killer could have been seen in person dumping the body, transporting the body or captured on any number of video cameras that watch businesses and parking lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann