State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-13-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a long but good day. Now time for me to get a few things done on the home front. Thanks everyone for all the time everyone has put into this case to get accurate information.BBL

And on the note of all these witnesses yet to come (!), are any of you planning on attending? Any of you attending the whole trial?? I think I might attend one day next week.

I can't imagine going to a doctor for having an injury to my toe like that. I seriously doubt he'd have any medical records to back up that toe injury with there being no other apparent injury associated with that foot.

IMO

Talina, if he injured his toe and a blood clot formed under his nail, that is very painful and it would require surgery to remove the pressure from the nail. That might require removing the whole nail. Looks like the injury is at the back of the nail bed.

I just read the autopsy and it doesn't even give an approximate time of death.

Where was it reported for the estimated ToD?

I know it, and I don't know why.

This was a murder case........TOD is crucial.

Talina, if he injured his toe and a blood clot formed under his nail, that is very painful and it would require surgery to remove the pressure from the nail. That might require removing the whole nail. Looks like the injury is at the back of the nail bed.

Okay, going that direction of the "ifs" and "maybes", IF that had happened, I think it is safe to bet that his defense would have presented this in the first trial.

I seriously just don't see that toe injury as one that severe. Toe injuries, just by the nature of how gross they look with the dried up blood underneath that just has to grow out with the nail, often look much worse than they are as they heal. At least that's been my experience over the years.

Surgery for a bruised nail:waitasec:

Not positive, but I know he stayed there with the victim until they arrived, and he held his hand.

He claims there was a wreck and that he stayed; somehow the defense was unable to produce any accident report, first responder witnesses, etc. So we are to believe that good-hearted Jason Young was the first person to witness a car accident, took the time to help the victim and was SO concerned about it that he later did online searches of "blunt force trauma," etc.? He was SO concerned but did not stay to provide information to first responders, etc.

Um...yeah.

Thanks guys for such insightful posts. I watched the trial and read here all day but didn't participate. Another headache. I am so thankful for JTF for his wealth of knowledge. I find myself more 'glued' to the defense in whatever part of the trial they are participating in. Maybe it's because we never know exactly what's going to come from them. I am still not 100 percent BH is bringing out some of the details as clearly as she needs to so that the jury can easily understand the subtle variances in the evidence. She needs to punctuate the major facts and evidence with more enthusiasm. When I think of a not guilty verdict I truly get sick. He's guilty.

Yea, I just don't like BH's style...nor Howard's for that matter.
I think Klinkosum is the most effective lawyer of the 4

Does anybody know if a 6 hour range for TOD is typical for this type of case, where they examine the body so soon after death?

Surgery for a bruised nail:waitasec:

It depends on the amount of blood under the nail. Sometimes it just looks bad. Sometimes enough blood pools under the nail to cause a lot of pressure which causes throbbing pain. It's very painful. Usually the dr. just cuts the nail enough to release the pressure but doesn't remove the entire nail. That's my experience as a former nurse.

I know it, and I don't know why.

This was a murder case........TOD is crucial.

12:00am - 6:00am is not an unfair estimation of TOD. TOD is not determined by the first responders, it's determined by the ME. Does anyone know the exact time the ME did the autopsy?

Yea, I just don't like BH's style...nor Howard's for that matter.
I think Klinkosum is the most effective lawyer of the 4

I don't like either of their styles either. I think that's the reason I'm still so uneasy about the jury reaching a guilty verdict. Neither appear to be very polished and both stammer and stutter, adding in the dozens of errs and ahhhms, it becomes difficult for me listen. I hate that I am so hard on them and I know they want a guilty verdict even more than I do.
I have mentioned this more times than has been necessary but watching the CA trial in FL was the game changer. JA and LDB were excellent in their ADA roles, JA had the ability to turn nearly every defense witness, even the scientists, into pros. witnesses. Amazing. I would love to see some of the same in this trial.

12:00am - 6:00am is not an unfair estimation of TOD. TOD is not determined by the first responders, it's determined by the ME. Does anyone know the exact time the ME did the autopsy?

The autopsy was 11 AM Saturday

There was not a field ME at the scene.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2007/01/22/1175523/1307321296-scan0001.pdf

Link to the autopsy report.

One thing I noticed is that it says date of autopsy is Nov 4 and time is 11:30am. That can not be correct. Wasn't she found sometime afternoon on the 4th and later that day taken from the scene?

There is no way the autopsy happened at 11:30 on the 4th. She hadn't even been found yet at that time. :waitasec:

ETA: Nevermind. Had my dates wrong. She was found on the 3rd, (Friday), not the 4th Saturday.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2007/01/22/1175523/1307321296-scan0001.pdf

Link to the autopsy report.

One thing I noticed is that it says date of autopsy is Nov 4 and time is 11:30am. That can not be correct. Wasn't she found sometime afternoon on the 4th and later that day taken from the scene?

There is no way the autopsy happened at 11:30 on the 4th. She hadn't even been found yet at that time. :waitasec:

That was Saturday...correct
Almost 24 hours after she was found.....almost 34 hours after death

It depends on the amount of blood under the nail. Sometimes it just looks bad. Sometimes enough blood pools under the nail to cause a lot of pressure which causes throbbing pain. It's very painful. Usually the dr. just cuts the nail enough to release the pressure but doesn't remove the entire nail. That's my experience as a former nurse.

And on Deadliest Catch - they just drill a hole in the nail.... ick.

I had a horse step on my big toe as a youngster. He was wearing shoes and twisted. Ultimately I lost the nail because of the bruising - but nothing required a Dr's visit.

Enough about the feet - I have the opposite of a fetish...

:puke:

^^^ And it took me a long time to scroll through all the smilies to find that one!

I am confused to why the defense did not bring in CY's pjs or allude to them in the first trial.

We never heard there was blood on them before.!

They had to know her PJ's showed signs of her sitting her on the bathroom floor and that is how she possibly made the marks on the wall.

This is strange, because it completely takes out the personal part of Jason being the one to clean up CY!!

It means she could have or was trying to clean her feet by standing on her step stool.

Also, today we learned there were more of CY's prints on the carpet than originally known.

I would think this would be something the defense will make a big thing about, and, are feeling a little better tonite than last week.

All along all we heard was who else but Jason would clean CY?

Well, maybe no one !!

Am interested in Otto's input as well, they were all over this as a possibility.

Good job, Otto!!

JMO

OT/
They should make cookbooks for trial watchers.!!

I just thew steaks, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob in the oven, like I have
been cooking all day.

Not sure it is going to work...

:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads