State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-12 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

The sad thing is - I don't think he DID talk about Michelle - AT ALL. Because that would have come out. Anything he said about her - fond memory, things not related to the murder, etc - the defense would have put those folks on the stand - I believe he said nothing - and by nothing - I mean NOTHING.

~~~snipped

This is 100% FACT

Odd behavior for a grieving widow, right?

"You came here for that"?????

The receipt for the three pair of shoes is from June a year before the murder, including the hush puppies. Wouldn't it be normal to throw away shoes, or turn them into gardening shoes, after a year?

There's nothing to support the theory that the accident was intentional. Jason had no way of knowing that his wife would unbuckle her seatbelt at the moment the road turned and ran parallel to the river.

As I said above, seat belt or not, his plan was the same.

There's nothing to support the theory that the accident was intentional. Jason had no way of knowing that his wife would unbuckle her seatbelt at the moment the road turned and ran parallel to the river.

The idea of him being in the car, as well, kind of blows this out of the water, anyway.

Did he think Michelle would die but he wouldn't?

And, if she had her seatbelt off and he did, he was the one who could have drowned faster.

IMO

The receipt for the three pair of shoes is from June a year before the murder, including the hush puppies. Wouldn't it be normal to throw away shoes, or turn them into gardening shoes, after a year?

He kept the other 2 pair......
Just say'n

A fit guy that hiked the Appalachian trail...a summer white water raft instructor.

Hmmm. Can I reach over and hold her head in the water long enough to drown her???
Betcha I can, as long as the Mitsubishi lands in the deep water.
Darn it, it got caught in the mud and only the front end submerged.

No worry, i'll try again in a few months

I do understand the state having to look into anything and everything possible, just like some of the other theories such as CY being drugged
or Michelle's car taken from the home .........

Here is something I find strange though.....

Know where there are videos of Jason Young in all his travels?

At the gas station in Raleigh before leaving, 7:32 PM
At the Cracker Barrel in Greensboro where he stopped 9:32 PM
At the hotel in Hillsville checking in and afterwards 10:54 PM
All places he says he was.

Know where there isn't a video of Jason Young in all his travels?

At the gas station in King, NC 5:27 am

:waitasec:

Thanks.

The sad thing is - I don't think he DID talk about Michelle - AT ALL. Because that would have come out. Anything he said about her - fond memory, things not related to the murder, etc - the defense would have put those folks on the stand - I believe he said nothing - and by nothing - I mean NOTHING.

I also don't think that his attorney said don't say anything - only don't say anything without me present, etc. I believe it was Jay that took this to the extreme - and as gritguy pointed out - the zero follow up on her murder would not be something that counsel would recommend - and in fact -they would facilitate updates, etc.

He's not tried to collect on the insurance either, has he? I find that VERY odd - esp since he seemed to be the driver to have that high an amount. He could have had his attorney help him get his hands on that money too.

I think that he took advice and took it way further than anyone ever thought - perhaps knowing his own limitations (liar, duplicitous) and said the way to avoid being caught lying is to avoid talking. With your attorney, without your attorney, about MY's murder, about MY AT ALL, etc. - just close the chapter and do not speak of it again.

And once again - right to remain silent - whole new level.

I could be wrong but didn't MF and LF get to collect on the insurance due to the verdict in the wrongful death trial.

I think he has to testify again, btw. I keep wondering if it will go better.

That and the size 10 print are his outs---jury wise.

I didn't think he would testify again, but I am not sure right now.

Nothing about this case is what anyone expected, I remember for
years reading this would be a slam dunk.

I could be wrong but didn't MF and LF get to collect on the insurance due to the verdict in the wrongful death trial.

Yes...for Cassidy, She is financially set for life
(the only thing good that came from the tragedy)

I find it strange the Cstore had no working video.
I chalk that up to pure luck for Jay (how many now?)

The last thing he wanted to do was go in to pay (and it showed)
Turns out, with 1/2 a gallon in his tank, he had no choice.

A fit guy that hiked the Appalachian trail...a summer white water raft instructor.

Hmmm. Can I reach over and hold her head in the water long enough to drown her???
Betcha I can, as long as the Mitsubishi lands in the deep water.
Darn it, it got caught in the mud and only the front end submerged.

No worry, i'll try again in a few months

I saw your photos and video, JTF. I'd imagined a rugged trip, through trees and such. It wasn't that way, it was a straight shot right into the river. Even I wouldn't be afraid I might hurt/kill myself, especially belted in as the driver. I also don't for a moment believe it just happened to happen when Michelle was unbuckled. Much like the Tom Bird killing of his wife, if one is not looking for foul play, one doesn't remember every detail. It probably never occurred to Michelle that this *accident* just happened to occur at the same, *unfortunate* moment she opened that seat belt.

I don't know who is coming up Monday:

In one week, we completed:

MF
LF
Hamton Inn employees
First Responding Officers
Shelly Schaad
Jennifer Powers
Michelle's boss
Michelle's co~worker
Det. Brent David, First Lead Det.
Gracie Bailey Calhoun
Thomas Clark, ME
The therapist

That is a lot for a week.

Now, we will either get to Jason's women:
Gen, his ex
CAS, the ring owner and someone he slept with
MM, the g/f he was having an affair with

Or, more into the case with Spivey, and Blackwell,
state's experts, and cell phone and computer stuff..

They are moving along pretty quickly.

Is there a post somewhere that detailed the vehicle mileage?

I want to say JTF had given us a breakdown of what gas would have been used, IIRC.

Yes...for Cassidy, She is financially set for life
(the only thing good that came from the tragedy)

Poor Cassidy. How do you shield an 8 year old from all this horror? How he didn't want her...how he gave her up without even being asked. Bless that little girl. I hope she can have a good life somehow.

The defense gave an excellent gas mileage chart in their closing.

They also said if the state's theory held up about gas mileage, he would have run out 18.8 miles BEFORE hitting King, NC.

I have those notes somewhere !

I am sure we will hear from both sides again, this is crucial to the case, and one of the reasons why
I think the last Jury hung, that and the timeline.

I really don't think Jason's testimony was all that, unless BH could have tripped him up.
It may have caught the state off guard, but there was nothing all that earth shattering that he revealed.

JMO

I find it strange the Cstore had no working video.
I chalk that up to pure luck for Jay (how many now?)

The last thing he wanted to do was go in to pay (and it showed)
Turns out, with 1/2 a gallon in his tank, he had no choice.

And it 'just so happened' that on the exact same night, in the perfect time frame' 'along the exact route' a man matching JLY stopped to get gas, wanting badly to avoid entering the store/be seen. During the exact time frame that the camera's and doors were screwed with at JLY's hotel. Never happened before, the screwing with camera's. And all these coincidences just happened to happen on the night JLY's wife was brutally murdered. So many pieces in this puzzle......

Is there a post somewhere that detailed the vehicle mileage?

I want to say JTF had given us a breakdown of what gas would have been used, IIRC.

The $15 only would cover about 7 gallons
He filled up in Raleigh when he left at 7:30PM and assume he got 20-22 MPG ( 21 MPG highway is plausible on highway) which is what the internet says for "real life' MPG Highway.

Full = 22.5 gallons
Drive 168miles from Raleigh gas station-> Hillsville
Consume 8.1 gallons
Tank Volume = 14.4 gallons

Drive 170 miles from Hillsville -> Home
Consume 8.1 gallons
Tank Volume = 6.3 gallons

Drive 120 miles from Home to King
Consume = 5.7 gallons
Tank Volume = 0.6 gallons

Need to get tank volume back to 14.4 gallons when gets back to Hillsville

So, he purchased 7 gallons in King (was in big hurry, so didn't get the the $20 he paid for) - Had 5 gallons in tank when he arrived back at hotel [used 2 gal from King to hotel) So, somewhere from Hillsville to Clintwood he had to purchase around 9-10 gallons with cash to make up the "lost fuel" and get the gas to match.

And it 'just so happened' that on the exact same night, in the perfect time frame' 'along the exact route' a man matching JLY stopped to get gas, wanting badly to avoid entering the store/be seen. During the exact time frame that the camera's and doors were screwed with at JLY's hotel. Never happened before, the screwing with camera's. And all these coincidences just happened to happen on the night JLY's wife was brutally murdered. So many pieces in this puzzle......

The camera was messed with before....per Jennifer Marshal's and Elmer Goad's testimony.

It is also a coincidence that the one camera that would have solved this case in the first few days, was not working.

Jason had no way to know that..

Lucky, or he just wasn't there?

There is also no proof he stopped at another gas station between Hillsville and Clintwood to when
he stopped at Duffield to get gas, the next day at noon.

Where is the video or receipt from another gas station along this route, because there would have to be!!

:confused:

I have more than one pair of shoes that I've had for years without throwing them away or turning them into gardening shoes. Without even going to my closet, I can think of three different pairs that I have had for over six years. I think it depends on how many pairs of shoes you have -- the more pairs of shoes you have, the more rotation and the slower the wear. It certainly isn't normal for me to throw shoes away, donate shoes, or turn them into gardening shoes after just one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member