State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-12 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The camera was messed with before....per Jennifer Marshal's and Elmer Goad's testimony.

It is also a coincidence that the one camera that would have solved this case in the first few days, was not working.

Jason had no way to know that..

Lucky, or he just wasn't there?

There is also no proof he stopped at another gas station between Hillsville and Clintwood to Duffield.

Elmer said 10 years...it was kids letting others in.
Doubt there were 'kids' on a Thursday night in early November - most are in school.

Jay also had no idea the cameras recorded...especially saved for 2 days

There is also no proof he stopped at another gas station between Hillsville and Clintwood to when
he stopped at Duffield to get gas, the next day at noon.

Where is the video or receipt from another gas station along this route, because there would have to be!!

:confused:

Correct, there is no proof.
However, based on what was purchased in King, a reasonable person would assume he bought the needed gas somewhere between Hillsville and Clintwood Va.....146 miles of highway and no telling how many gas stations.

Not every piece of compelling evidence can be so tidy as having receipts, eye witnesses and video.

The camera was messed with before....per Jennifer Marshal's and Elmer Goad's testimony.

It is also a coincidence that the one camera that would have solved this case in the first few days, was not working.

There is also no proof he stopped at another gas station between Hillsville and Clintwood to when

Where is the video or receipt from another gas station along this route, because there would have to be!!

IIRC, Goad said 'it happened before he started working at HI', 'he was told a couple kids...............'

However, based on what was purchased in King, a reasonable person would assume he bought the needed gas somewhere between Hillsville and Clintwood Va.....146 miles of highway and no telling how many gas stations.

Not every piece of compelling evidence can be so tidy as having receipts, eye witnesses and video.

I'm amazed we even had to build prisons 30 years ago, prior to the advent of DNA/video cameras/recording devices. :waitasec:

Hopefully not every jury member thinks all cases are wrapped up like L & O/ CSI/ etc. Somehow, investigations were able to be conducted, cases put together, convictions won before video cameras were installed in many places.

There would be no receipt because he would pay in cash to remain beneath the radar. However, it's a given that he would've HAD to fuel up on the trip and could have written that up as a work expense. The guy was no dummy, he planned the whole thing -- I'd wager he even had a contingency for Cassidy waking up while he was committing murder.

As for the first wreck, however persuasive it is in a court of law, it's very damning to me, especially in context of Just the Fax's video and observations. Guy had a plan, it didn't work. He made d@mn sure it didn't fail a second time.

Regarding the gas, he could have also stopped somewhere, before or after killing Michelle, on his trip from the HI to Raleigh and back to top off his gas tank using cash, like in Greensboro.

And perhaps, on his return to the HI around 5:30AM, knowing he was in a major hurry to get back to the hotel, but would not make it all the way to Clintville with whatever gas he had in the tank, he stopped in King to top off. He again used cash. This would have prevented him from having to stop between the HI and Clintville once he checked out, to save time (and he was late anyway). Does that make sense?

Wherever else he stopped for gas, we know he made that one fateful stop in King, NC around 5:25am with a transaction recording at 5:27am. He paid for $20 worth of gas and only pumped $15, failing to go back inside to get his $5.

The guy had room enough in the tank for all $20 worth of gas. He was in a big hurry and was pizzed off big time. His rude behavior was just his natural "charm" coming out when under stress. Made him memorable.

I don't know anyone anywhere who would pay 25% more for gas than the retail price they are required to pay. Do you? (and no, for those who suggest he was "leaving a tip for Gracie," I think that is bogus). He had already been seen once, he sure didn't want to be seen again.

That stop for gas puts him in a place where he shouldn't be, at a day/time he shouldn't have been there. There is no innocent explanation for it.

A fit guy that hiked the Appalachian trail...a summer white water raft instructor.

Hmmm. Can I reach over and hold her head in the water long enough to drown her???
Betcha I can, as long as the Mitsubishi lands in the deep water.
Darn it, it got caught in the mud and only the front end submerged.

No worry, i'll try again in a few months

I wonder if his primary intention was to cause problems for the pregnancy, and if Michelle met her demise that would have been icing on the cake.

Re: shoes. This is something that just popped into my mind. Do you think it's possible that JY came into his house wearing the wrong size shoes? If he knew he was going to commit murder, wouldn't he have already thought about footprints?

And if things went awry - too much blood, CY waking up and coming in, necessitating him being back and forth to the bonus room, her room, her bathroom, might he not have then had to get some of his own shoes that were already in the house into play?

Wherever else he stopped for gas, we know he made that one fateful stop in King, NC around 5:25am with a transaction recording at 5:27am. He paid for $20 worth of gas and only pumped $15, failing to go back inside to get his $5.

The guy had room enough in the tank for all $20 worth of gas. He was in a big hurry and was pizzed off big time. His rude behavior was just his natural "charm" coming out when under stress. Made him memorable.

I don't know anyone anywhere who would pay 25% more for gas than the retail price they are required to pay. Do you?

But maybe he had stopped in Greensboro or elsewhere on his mid-night murder drive to fill up, but he knew that, after leaving the HI, he would need a full tank to make it to Clintville. Maybe he DIDN'T have room in his tank for a full $20 when he got to King, so he topped it off for $15.

Re: shoes. This is something that just popped into my mind. Do you think it's possible that JY came into his house wearing the wrong size shoes? If he knew he was going to commit murder, wouldn't he have already thought about footprints?

And if things went awry - too much blood, CY waking up and coming in, necessitating him being back and forth to the bonus room, her room, her bathroom, might he not have then had to get some of his own shoes that were already in the house into play?

Yes I do believe that could be the case.

But maybe he had stopped in Greensboro or elsewhere on his mid-night murder drive to fill up, but he knew that, after leaving the HI, he would need a full tank to make it to Clintville. Maybe he DIDN'T have room in his tank for a full $20 when he got to King, so he topped it off for $15.

Certainly that's possible too.

I still don't know anyone who would pay more for gas than they had to. Alternatively I do know lots of people who will drive miles out of their way just to save a few pennies on a gallon of gas. They can well afford to pay whatever the pump rate is, but the principle of paying even a couple pennies more makes them go look for cheaper if it's available.

Like Shelly Schaad said 'how many coincidences can one man have all on the same night his wife gets murdered?'

JTF has mentioned this multiple times, but I think it's an important point that is easy to miss.

Even IF one can make the argument that someone else must have also been at the crime scene to leave those size 10 Franklin shoe prints, that does not absolve JY from being the murderer.

You still have shoe prints from shoes that will be proven that JY owned, admits owning, receipts show when purchased, they weren't old shoes, yet he claims his wife gave them away to Goodwill. How can anyone reasonably make the argument that someone else, someone with the exact same type and size of JY's Hush Puppy shoes is a perpetrator of the murder, but yet it wasn't JY?

And here's the important point: if one determines that was JY making those shoe prints in size 12, Hush Puppy Orbitals, even if you believe there must have been a 2nd perp there... JY is STILL guilty of 1st degree murder!

As I joked to JTF yesterday, it doesn't matter if a clown car filled with multiple little people came into the house, that still doesn't remove JY's bloody shoe prints from the scene, and he would still be guilty of 1st degree murder if he was there, no matter who else joined him or how much help he had.

• Hired someone to do a hit for him? (still guilty of 1st degree murder)
  • Had a 'friend' help him out? (still guilty of 1st degree murder)
  • Conspired with someone to help kill his wife? (still guilty of 1st degree murder)

I wouldn't put it past him to have a couple 5 gall cans either. JMO

JTF has mentioned this multiple times, but I think it's an important point that is easy to miss.

Even IF one can make the argument that someone else must have also been at the crime scene to leave those size 10 Franklin shoe prints, that does not absolve JY from being the murderer.

You still have shoe prints from shoes that will be proven that JY owned, admits owning, receipts show when purchased, they weren't old shoes, yet he claims his wife gave them away to Goodwill. How can anyone reasonably make the argument that someone else, someone with the exact same type and size of JY's Hush Puppy shoes is a perpetrator of the murder, but yet it wasn't JY?

And here's the important point: if one determines that was JY making those shoe prints in size 12, Hush Puppy Orbitals, even if you believe there must have been a 2nd perp there... JY is STILL guilty of 1st degree murder!

As I joked to JTF yesterday, it doesn't matter if a clown car filled with multiple little people came into the house, that still doesn't remove JY's bloody shoe prints from the scene, and he would still be guilty of 1st degree murder if he was there, no matter who else joined him or how much help he had.

• Hired someone to do a hit for him? (still guilty of 1st degree murder)
  • Had a 'friend' help him out? (still guilty of 1st degree murder)
  • Conspired with someone to help kill his wife? (still guilty of 1st degree murder)

Definitely true. I just disagree that there was a 2nd person there. I think Jason made it LOOK like there was a 2nd person. (I assume they checked out PY's and SY's alibis.)

Clown car? LOL ;)

IIRC, Goad said 'it happened before he started working at HI', 'he was told a couple kids...............'

Jennifer Marshall, manager @ the Hampton testified it was guests who were having a party that were sneaking other people in though the same door, same stairwell, same camera, same hotel.

I wouldn't put it past him to have a couple 5 gall cans either. JMO

Someone who was pre~meding a murder may have thought of gas cans.

Not only that but he was cutting the grass and working on yardwork before he left, plenty of time and opportunity to grab a gas can...

and, he actually stopped at a gas station before he left.

Everytime I type the word "opportunity" I have to look it up for spelling.
:innocent:

Certainly that's possible too.

I still don't know anyone who would pay more for gas than they had to. Alternatively I do know lots of people who will drive miles out of their way just to save a few pennies on a gallon of gas. They can well afford to pay whatever the pump rate is, but the principle of paying even a couple pennies more makes them go look for cheaper if it's available.

Gas was way cheaper than, around $2.18 a gallon.

So, L E checked back approx 60 miles east, but never went west for another 60-80 miles or so...........

There could not be that many exits with gas stations, maybe even ones that had working cameras.

Definitely true. I just disagree that there was a 2nd person there. I think Jason made it LOOK like there was a 2nd person. (I assume they checked out PY's and SY's alibis.)

Clown car? LOL ;)

Who is SY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members