The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
golfmom said:
Sorry, they were there when I checked. I just figured that could have happened anytime and wouldn't make a difference as to when Raven logged on. Was I wrong?
I don't check his profile but I don't know if anyone else does. They weren't there initially when we found it, and when you mentioned that he had logged on today, misterallgood was wondering if you could tell what time. So when you said that you hadn't noticed anything different, and I noticed the two new friends, I figured that those new friends must have been added sometime between the time you logged on, and the time that I did. I don't know how that site works, but it's my impression that you have to add your friends while you're logged on.

I believe that most of the people there add friends based on common interests, not that they've actually met them or know them or even talk to them on the phone. It may be that Raven is just browsing profiles, and added some people with whom he shares some of those interests, (like the author that was mentioned).

Jenifred said:
Do you think that there was a time that they were going to actually make a statement saying that they have found nothing to connect Raven to the crime? I think that they would want to alert the public to the fact that they have run out of leads and that they didn't find anything--especially if nothing turned up from the forensics testing. Do you know if there was any DNA found on her nails?

I think that I would have to err on the side of Thinkoflaura and PrayersforMaura, they would have to say something for me to believe that they've eliminated Raven completely.
Durham PD takes a lot of flack from local folks who second guess their every move. I doubt you'll hear them say that they're stumped.

Moxie said:
Since he was on MySpace today, and obviously has internet access, how do we know that he is not reading this site, or even posting to it?
Even if Raven is innocent of any wrongdoing where Janet's death is concerned, he couldn't resist reading multiple strangers and entire blog entries discussing him in part or in whole.

I'd bet good money he's reading everything he can get a hold of.

JerseyGirl said:
He could be using a computer at Barnes & Noble bookstore for all we know. But it is curious IF they haven't found his personal computer.
He could be using Starbucks hookups and/or libraries. He knows where to go. Today, when I was having trouble getting the internet connection here at home (fixed now, obviously) I knew immediately to go to Kinko's to at least check e-mail.

misterallgood said:
He could be using Starbucks hookups and/or libraries. He knows where to go. Today, when I was having trouble getting the internet connection here at home (fixed now, obviously) I knew immediately to go to Kinko's to at least check e-mail.

Well, I would be inclined to believe that he might go to Starbucks and use a computer hookup there, except for the fact that he says his life is IT systems.

Having a computer geek-ish young one in the family, I know that we would be buying a new computer for her within 24 hours of her computer's disappearance or absolute failure. I know because we've done it, LOL.

Raven strikes me as the type of person who has to be connected. JMHO, and I could be wrong..
I've never made websites devoted to photos of myself either.

JerseyGirl said:
I don't check his profile but I don't know if anyone else does. They weren't there initially when we found it, and when you mentioned that he had logged on today, misterallgood was wondering if you could tell what time. So when you said that you hadn't noticed anything different, and I noticed the two new friends, I figured that those new friends must have been added sometime between the time you logged on, and the time that I did. I don't know how that site works, but it's my impression that you have to add your friends while you're logged on.

I believe that most of the people there add friends based on common interests, not that they've actually met them or know them or even talk to them on the phone. It may be that Raven is just browsing profiles, and added some people with whom he shares some of those interests, (like the author that was mentioned).
..............i couldn't tell what time he logged on today........or WHY he added those particular 2 new friends.....they don't appear to share any of his interests..

..side note.....his sister shiloh:

...a post made to her :

dewee

clear.gif

Dec 3, 2004 3:05 PM

shiloh is really cool. so last night she threw very sharp objects (knife and scissors) at kid who felt the need to show his gross little sack off. but i don't think that's why she threw them- she's just shiloh. i love you shiloh.
...and then one later from her ( and raven's brother:
O Discordia

clear.gif

Feb 6, 2005 5:16 PM

Why am I the only one who thinks your kid is going to be as messed up as we are?

...........her son is named koi....raven's son is kai...(den).....not sure what either of those mean, but...........
based on posts, sounds like a major family dynamic going on......

NCBanker said:
I heard today from a reliable source that Raven is not a person of interest in this case. He has been checked and rechecked. Though items of his (clothes, car, etc.) were examined for blood trace evidence, none was found. The Durham PD is stumped. So much for being an open and shut case. So much for waiting for lab results. They have no major leads.

I am totally distressed over this information. If LE needs a jumpstart to their case, they could easily troll WS and with just the info we've unearthed here he would quickly be a person of interest. For goodness sakes we have a video with Raven playing with a knife (which could actually be the murder weapon).

Additionally, I suggest that LE consider talking to Janet's family and friends. Is that a big enough hint?

What are the autopsy results? Time of death? etc. etc. etc.
I'm absolutely blowing a gasket here that this case has not hit the national radar. Quite frankly I am very concerned as to the status of this case.

:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

golfmom said:
I am totally distressed over this information. If LE needs a jumpstart to their case, they could easily troll WS and with just the info we've unearthed here he would quickly be a person of interest. For goodness sakes we have a video with Raven playing with a knife (which could actually be the murder weapon).

Additionally, I suggest that LE consider talking to Janet's family and friends. Is that a big enough hint?

What are the autopsy results? Time of death? etc. etc. etc.
I'm absolutely blowing a gasket here that this case has not hit the national radar. Quite frankly I am very concerned as to the status of this case.

:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar
I think based on the information they have concerning Raven, they would like him to be a POI, but there just wasn't any physical evidence. They've checked his clothes, car, alibi, etc. He's solid - at least for now. Things could change this week. I'll know something towards the end of the week.

NCBanker said:
I think based on the information they have concerning Raven, they would like him to be a POI, but there just wasn't any physical evidence. They've checked his clothes, car, alibi, etc. He's solid - at least for now. Things could change this week. I'll know something towards the end of the week.

Whew, I sure hope so. It's interesting the angle you say LE is approaching this from, most cases we see them declare everyone a PoI, and then slowly eliminate them or move to the next phase of considering them to be a suspect.

I wonder if anything's back yet off the trace evidence they took from Janet's hands? And I'd really like to see some of the info from the autopsy released.

golfmom said:
Whew, I sure hope so. It's interesting the angle you say LE is approaching this from, most cases we see them declare everyone a PoI, and then slowly eliminate them or move to the next phase of considering them to be a suspect.

I wonder if anything's back yet off the trace evidence they took from Janet's hands? And I'd really like to see some of the info from the autopsy released.
Raven was a POI initially, but he was ruled out a couple of weeks ago.

New musings . . . .

1. Has LE investigated any claims of adultry?
2. Are they aware that the Abaroa's were separated during 2004?
3. Have they spoken to Janet's family & friends? What has Raven told Janet's family?
4. LE obviously knows about the embezzlement charges, but what does Raven and Janet's friends and family know about them?
5. Computers, computers, computers! Where are they? We've been able to uncover some very strange internet activity, can you imagine what we could find on a harddrive?
6. Raven posted numerous times about conflicts with Janet .... uh, that's a big "There's your sign" for LE
7. Even without a life insurance policy (and do we know if Janet had one?) there seems to be huge financial motivation here. Show me the money!
8. Alias, Raven Samuel Abaroa Peters and various combinations have shown up.

I'm sure there's more, help me out ya'll . . .

golfmom said:
New musings . . . .

1. Has LE investigated any claims of adultry?
2. Are they aware that the Abaroa's were separated during 2004?
3. Have they spoken to Janet's family & friends? What has Raven told Janet's family?
4. LE obviously knows about the embezzlement charges, but what does Raven and Janet's friends and family know about them?
5. Computers, computers, computers! Where are they? We've been able to uncover some very strange internet activity, can you imagine what we could find on a harddrive?
6. Raven posted numerous times about conflicts with Janet .... uh, that's a big "There's your sign" for LE
7. Even without a life insurance policy (and do we know if Janet had one?) there seems to be huge financial motivation here. Show me the money!
8. Alias, Raven Samuel Abaroa Peters and various combinations have shown up.

I'm sure there's more, help me out ya'll . . .
I was as disappointed as anyone about LE not having any concrete evidence. Based on our chats/findings, we were ready to convict him in absentia. You have to give LE some credit, however. When you have a crime scene with that much blood, you're going to find some trace amounts, i.e. spatter, transfer, etc. They checked everything and found nothing that would incriminate Raven. No one is that good.

We need to start exploring other angles.

golfmom said:
Well, here's a story that inspires confidence in NC's abilities (NOT) ...

Guy pronounced dead starts talking in the morgue!

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23678
He didn't begin speaking in the morgue. After it was discovered that he was breathing, he was moved to a hospital and later to a rehabilitation center, where last week, he uttered a few words. It's been 5 months or so since the accident. The EMT people who made the goof were fired, consequently. They were in a rural area, not Durham.

NCBanker said:
I was as disappointed as anyone about LE not having any concrete evidence. Based on our chats/findings, we were ready to convict him in absentia. You have to give LE some credit, however. When you have a crime scene with that much blood, you're going to find some trace amounts, i.e. spatter, transfer, etc. They checked everything and found nothing that would incriminate Raven. No one is that good.

We need to start exploring other angles.
I agree, with NCBanker, though I'm not ruling Raven out entirely. Perhaps he was able to find someone to help him do it. Question is, who could that person be? A co-worker? relative? soccer teammate?

anneshirley said:
I agree, with NCBanker, though I'm not ruling Raven out entirely. Perhaps he was able to find someone to help him do it. Question is, who could that person be? A co-worker? relative? soccer teammate?

A woman scorned?

The specialized P3 is around $1,300; the specialized rockhopper I haven't been able to pin down yet.

09/05/2003, 11:56 PM
NC_VX
Super VXer 99, Ironman VX, 1455
Chapel Hill, NC US

besides the vx... base price $28,900 new

2003 Specialized P.3
2003 Specialized Rockhopper (Wife)

2001 K2 Snowboards
2002 Ducati 748 Red
Piece of **** 92 Jeep Wrangler w/ 35's and Red... Hate it
Bauer Street Rollerblades

Dart Board

The snowboards range from $250-$400 each. Not including boots, straps, clothes, etc.

Was Janet pregnant? Could explain why she was stabbed in the stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500