Theories #1: What Happened to Jennifer Kesse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone considered Israel Keyes? Per the FBI release yesterday (http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/13/08/Keyes Timeline.pdf)

2005 to 2006 (summer/fall months): Keyes admitted that he committed two murders independent of one another. Keyes used his boat to dispose of the bodies of these victims. Keyes stated at least one of the bodies was disposed of in Crescent Lake in Washington where he used anchors to submerge the body. Keyes reported the body was submerged in more than 100 feet of water. Keyes may have moved the victim’s car to place distance between where the vehicle was found and where the crime occurred. The identity of these victims is unknown.

Has anyone considered Israel Keyes? Per the FBI release yesterday (http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/13/08/Keyes Timeline.pdf)

2005 to 2006 (summer/fall months): Keyes admitted that he committed two murders independent of one another. Keyes used his boat to dispose of the bodies of these victims. Keyes stated at least one of the bodies was disposed of in Crescent Lake in Washington where he used anchors to submerge the body. Keyes reported the body was submerged in more than 100 feet of water. Keyes may have moved the victim’s car to place distance between where the vehicle was found and where the crime occurred. The identity of these victims is unknown.

Garv, thanks for posting, I have followed the Keyes case a very long time, Long suspected he may have been Jennifer's abductor, I do know he has family in Orlando for sure and in the newly released timeline this week, he flew into Orlando in 2009 and took a cruise to St. Croix and several other places..and it is just like Keyes works that are known, he never leaves any dna, always he never leaves anything out of place and in Bill and Lorraine Currier, he returned their car also, parked it in an apartment complex about a mile or 2 miles from the home he took them from
I found this one line very odd:......I Immediately thought of Jennifer when I read this:

Additional Homicides:
Keyes provided additional details regarding the abduction and murder of a female. The female is
described as having pale skin, possibly having a wealthy grandmother, and driving an older car

Garv, thanks for posting, I have followed the Keyes case a very long time, Long suspected he may have been Jennifer's abductor, I do know he has family in Orlando for sure and in the newly released timeline this week, he flew into Orlando in 2009 and took a cruise to St. Croix and several other places..and it is just like Keyes works that are known, he never leaves any dna, always he never leaves anything out of place and in Bill and Lorraine Currier, he returned their car also, parked it in an apartment complex about a mile or 2 miles from the home he took them from
I found this one line very odd:......I Immediately thought of Jennifer when I read this:

Additional Homicides:
Keyes provided additional details regarding the abduction and murder of a female. The female is
described as having pale skin, possibly having a wealthy grandmother, and driving an older car

It seems possible, right? If he had family in the area (I had not known that), it would have been fairly simple for him to stash a kill kit in the region at any point in time. He's in the construction trade, so maybe he is drawn to blending into the crowd at active construction sites. If he dressed the part, and there are many different trades on hand at any one time, there are likely to be no questions as to his identity because each worker will assume he's on another subcontractor's team.

So, what if he's in the region, taking a break from the world and hanging out for a while at the condo complex. He sees Jennifer come out of her condo, maybe to grab the DVD player or her briefcase, and sees a ripe opportunity. I doubt he would pass it up.

It seems possible, right? If he had family in the area (I had not known that), it would have been fairly simple for him to stash a kill kit in the region at any point in time. He's in the construction trade, so maybe he is drawn to blending into the crowd at active construction sites. If he dressed the part, and there are many different trades on hand at any one time, there are likely to be no questions as to his identity because each worker will assume he's on another subcontractor's team.

So, what if he's in the region, taking a break from the world and hanging out for a while at the condo complex. He sees Jennifer come out of her condo, maybe to grab the DVD player or her briefcase, and sees a ripe opportunity. I doubt he would pass it up.

Garv, this has been on my mind well over 1 year.....I have tried to turn it in to proper authorities but seems like I guess they think I'm a total Nut

Keyes is always described in his bank robberies known so far as tall, muscular, but of a medium build....the sweater in the clothes hamper that was found was not known to be any family member of Jennifer's and not known to belong to any of her brothers friends that stayed the weekend she was gone on the cruise....MEDIUM.....it's for sure that would have fit Keyes build for sure
and the dvd player makes my head spin....I have been honored of being contacted by someone that knew this man very well, some of his favorite music was revealed to me and was played I assume with friends while working on the Makau Indian Land where he worked for a few years.....My thought on this was did he perhaps listen to his music while on his many known trips or when he was up to his kidnap and murder trips...knowing this Keyes ways of doing things to say the very least nothing would surprise me that will come out on his why's and how's
I have tried to contact one family member there only to ask if he might tell me if IK came for a visit during the month and the year Jennifer went missing...No response back in anyway.....all you have to do is go to the web and push in Keyes in Florida....It over-flows with various Keyes...then push in Keyes in Orlando...also tons of various names....and my thought also Keyes is now known to have loved to take cruises as released in the last FBI information and he did take many....I have often wondered if perhaps he might have been on that same cruise as Jennifer and boyfriend...or perhaps he was already on the island they choose and maybe he did pick her at random (in his sick twisted mind) but choose to stalk her in some way and then zoomed in on her abduction

Also released in the latest video conversations with FBI and Keyes, he confessed he killed 2 females during 2005-2006...but provided no names, nor locations but did say they were murdered at different times

To me I think this easily could have been Tara Grinstead and Jennifer...remember back when they both were 1st reported missing....the investigators thought that these 2 cases were very similiar, even called a meeting to compare and discuss, but it ended with not enough information to tie the 2 as being the same person that took them

Usually when he kidnapped and murdered as is now known...he seemingly went on a robbing spree also....Would love to know if there were any bank robberies in the Orlando Area around the time Jennifer went missing or sometimes he would rob in a town not related to his victim ....I feel they should check this out even if there was a bank robbery in the next traveled town either south or north, east or west of Jennifer.....One thing that has made him so hard to track down is he confessed sometimes he would fly into a big town and rent a car, and some that he rented has now reported some had hundreds of miles when returned, and then on a couple of known rentals of his...driven for thousands of miles....He said that sometimes he would travel from one coast clear across to the other to pick a victim, kidnap and kill, then travel back to the coast he flew in from and then proceed with either returning home or moving on where-ever he next wanted to visit

http://israelkeyes.blogspot.com/

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2013-01-23/news/israel-keyes-in-plane-sight/

http://www.ktuu.com/news/fbi-releas...f-israel-keyes-travels-081213,0,6820414.story

http://www.ktuu.com/fbi-timeline-of-israel-keyes-travels-20130812,0,5530441.story

This link has a LOT of investigation conversations with Keyes...the last one in November really had a lot that sparked things inside me for linking various things

http://www.ktuu.com/news/fbi-videos-of-israel-keyes-interviews-081313,0,4933806.story

Garv, this has been on my mind well over 1 year.....I have tried to turn it in to proper authorities but seems like I guess they think I'm a total Nut

Keyes is always described in his bank robberies known so far as tall, muscular, but of a medium build....the sweater in the clothes hamper that was found was not known to be any family member of Jennifer's and not known to belong to any of her brothers friends that stayed the weekend she was gone on the cruise....MEDIUM.....it's for sure that would have fit Keyes build for sure
and the dvd player makes my head spin....I have been honored of being contacted by someone that knew this man very well, some of his favorite music was revealed to me and was played I assume with friends while working on the Makau Indian Land where he worked for a few years.....My thought on this was did he perhaps listen to his music while on his many known trips or when he was up to his kidnap and murder trips...knowing this Keyes ways of doing things to say the very least nothing would surprise me that will come out on his why's and how's
I have tried to contact one family member there only to ask if he might tell me if IK came for a visit during the month and the year Jennifer went missing...No response back in anyway.....all you have to do is go to the web and push in Keyes in Florida....It over-flows with various Keyes...then push in Keyes in Orlando...also tons of various names....and my thought also Keyes is now known to have loved to take cruises as released in the last FBI information and he did take many....I have often wondered if perhaps he might have been on that same cruise as Jennifer and boyfriend...or perhaps he was already on the island they choose and maybe he did pick her at random (in his sick twisted mind) but choose to stalk her in some way and then zoomed in on her abduction

Also released in the latest video conversations with FBI and Keyes, he confessed he killed 2 females during 2005-2006...but provided no names, nor locations but did say they were murdered at different times

To me I think this easily could have been Tara Grinstead and Jennifer...remember back when they both were 1st reported missing....the investigators thought that these 2 cases were very similiar, even called a meeting to compare and discuss, but it ended with not enough information to tie the 2 as being the same person that took them

Usually when he kidnapped and murdered as is now known...he seemingly went on a robbing spree also....Would love to know if there were any bank robberies in the Orlando Area around the time Jennifer went missing or sometimes he would rob in a town not related to his victim ....I feel they should check this out even if there was a bank robbery in the next traveled town either south or north, east or west of Jennifer.....One thing that has made him so hard to track down is he confessed sometimes he would fly into a big town and rent a car, and some that he rented has now reported some had hundreds of miles when returned, and then on a couple of known rentals of his...driven for thousands of miles....He said that sometimes he would travel from one coast clear across to the other to pick a victim, kidnap and kill, then travel back to the coast he flew in from and then proceed with either returning home or moving on where-ever he next wanted to visit

My heart always skips a beat when I see people have been commenting on Jennifers thread, hoping she has been found. :( sigh

I think it would pay to canvas some of the Hispanic communities with Spanish speaking agents, esp. the construction worker types.

It would have been just like Keyes to not name his last two victims' names or give further details on purpose. He wanted to take them to his grave. Whoever they are, they deserved a name and justice.

I have a few new ideas to help find Jennifer Kesse:

With all due respect, Jennifer may have been killed and there seem to be quite a few convicted killers, rapists, and kidnappers floating around Orlando, and they are a known quantity. I wonder if anyone has tried to geographically map out the areas where they lived and where they dumped their victims and search there. Also, what types of areas, did these perpetrators dump their victims? How did they conceal them?

I had a premonition that Jennifer could be underwater given that Orlando has a lot of marshy areas. I wonder if it's possible to search up underneath water with a metal detector, sonar, or other means of search? Has this been attempted by Orlando PD?

Another idea is that Jennifer could be hidden inside the complex itself. I have seen one case where a victim was encased up underneath the foundation of a house!

Given the two missing cell phones are metal, could it be possible to search for the cell phones and keys with a metal detector in the above mentioned areas?

I have a few new ideas to help find Jennifer Kesse:

With all due respect, Jennifer may have been killed and there seem to be quite a few convicted killers, rapists, and kidnappers floating around Orlando, and they are a known quantity. I wonder if anyone has tried to geographically map out the areas where they lived and where they dumped their victims and search there. Also, what types of areas, did these perpetrators dump their victims? How did they conceal them?

I had a premonition that Jennifer could be underwater given that Orlando has a lot of marshy areas. I wonder if it's possible to search up underneath water with a metal detector, sonar, or other means of search? Has this been attempted by Orlando PD?

Another idea is that Jennifer could be hidden inside the complex itself. I have seen one case where a victim was encased up underneath the foundation of a house!

Given the two missing cell phones are metal, could it be possible to search for the cell phones and keys with a metal detector in the above mentioned areas?

I can give you some info. on Israel Keyes, he lived in Anchorage Alaska since 2007, but in Wash. State prior but was known to travel the other US states very frequently..I mean really frequent....He does have relatives in Orlando, one being a Pastor of a mega church there....Keyes killed himself on Dec. 2 2012 and sadly took the names of his victims with him, but FBI are still working to try and find more victims of his....He seemed to have no particular way to dispose of bodies, but told FBI 2 could be found in a lake in Wash. State, he usually raped the female victims and dismembered them as he did with Samantha Koenig--(his last known victim), went ice fishing, after he finished he pushed her remains that were in a black trash bag into the ice and the apparently put the ice back over
Bill and Lorraine Currier in Essex Vermont he also took to an abandoned farmhouse there, raped Lorraine, hit Bill over the head with a shovel, then shot him in the head, brought Lorraine down in the basement area, strangled her to death, he poured Drano on the bodies to help the process along, he confessed they were also in large black bags
Keyes was a carpenter-construction worker all his adult life and I posted a newly released timeline the FBI released of his known places he traveled so far, Keyes with relatives in Florida....known to travel extensively.....construction worker...he could have easily just blended in that day and suddenly disappeared or was he working construction there in the Condo's???.....He told FBI in an interview, he had planned on changing his work travels so he could find more victims, he had planned on going to hurrican hit towns and working, yet all the while searching out possible victims..
He also confessed he had kill kits buried all over the US..so far they have found 2 I believe...if there are marshy places near the condo or highly growed up areas...I think a search should be done again....maybe this time looking for a possible kill kit he had buried...they usually contained Cash, a murder weapon, zip ties, drano and whatever he thought he might use on the next victim....He would plan his murders and kidnaps well in advance...went to Essex in 2009, buried a kill kit in a wooded area near the Handy Suite Motel, left and returned in 2011 and scouted out the town and buildings he thought he could take a victim too, this is when he kidnapped and killed Bill and Lorraine Currier............I hope this helps

and I think Sonar would be for looking in water areas, but I am sure they have lots of other means also

Jennifer was taken by someone she knew, I believe. She would certainly not have opened her door to a stranger at ten or eleven at night. In any case, I will bet my house that Keyes had nothing to do with it. It's easy to pin the prolific serial killer who's recently been outed, becuase we have been made aware of him and it suddenly seems so possible; but think how many other SKs there are, or just plain killers. Think how few people are killed by strangers or SKs as opposed to jealous or angry friends, ex's or co workers.

Keyes travelled the country constantly and of course he had connections in many cities. Orlando is no small town. It is no surprise that he would have been there before. All this Keyes theorizing smacks of confirmation bias to me. Are we to frame him for Michelle Parker and Tracy Ocasio too, then? Several unsolved murders in the last 40 years very strongly call to mind the Zodiac Killer, yet I would never say I know he committed them, because I have too much experience with how statistics work.

It makes the world seem less scary when we can say Keyes killed Jennifer. Makes it seem like there are less murderers out there than there are. Well, sadly I do not think it is that easy. I think it is a blind alley, one worth investigating like anything else, but at this moment I dont see anything pointing toward Keyes being involved other than the most tangential facts, which only appear consequential when slathered with a healthy dollop of confirmation bias.

I mean no personal offense to anyone. I just have strong feelings about this. Keyes should be on the Keyes forum, and if we are to figure out anything about Jennifer it will likely be by going back to ground zero and examining the hard facts of her last known days -- and most importantly: What happened at her workplace.

I totally agree with this. I think Keyes was not a resident of Orlando? I mean I dont think he was. Also, I think the guy who parked the car was Jennifers/abductor/killer. Are you from Orlando?

Jennifer was taken by someone she knew, I believe. She would certainly not have opened her door to a stranger at ten or eleven at night. In any case, I will bet my house that Keyes had nothing to do with it. It's easy to pin the prolific serial killer who's recently been outed, becuase we have been made aware of him and it suddenly seems so possible; but think how many other SKs there are, or just plain killers. Think how few people are killed by strangers or SKs as opposed to jealous or angry friends, ex's or co workers.

Keyes travelled the country constantly and of course he had connections in many cities. Orlando is no small town. It is no surprise that he would have been there before. All this Keyes theorizing smacks of confirmation bias to me. Are we to frame him for Michelle Parker and Tracy Ocasio too, then? Several unsolved murders in the last 40 years very strongly call to mind the Zodiac Killer, yet I would never say I know he committed them, because I have too much experience with how statistics work.

It makes the world seem less scary when we can say Keyes killed Jennifer. Makes it seem like there are less murderers out there than there are. Well, sadly I do not think it is that easy. I think it is a blind alley, one worth investigating like anything else, but at this moment I dont see anything pointing toward Keyes being involved other than the most tangential facts, which only appear consequential when slathered with a healthy dollop of confirmation bias.

I mean no personal offense to anyone. I just have strong feelings about this. Keyes should be on the Keyes forum, and if we are to figure out anything about Jennifer it will likely be by going back to ground zero and examining the hard facts of her last known days -- and most importantly: What happened at her workplace.

No, not from Orlando. I believe Keyes used to work in the area and so that spurred some to theorize his involvement.

I agree, I do not think the man who parked her car was some friend of the perp or even an illegal alien paid to park it as some have said.

Everyone has their own opinion jeffries...1st of all NO I am not on here to blame IK for everyone's murder, that would be totally stupid....I have 198% reason to believe Keyes is responsible for this disappearence 2nd....Jennifer would have never opened a door to a stranger??????.....If you even had 1 tiny clue about how Keyes worked then you would not have even posted that statement right there...perhaps you need to go and read all the Keyes forum yourself, if it was Keyes, he sure would not have walked up to her door, not ever and with all that being said...NO, do you see Michael Parkers name on here??? Tracy O???.....I never mentioned them at all in my opinions

I do not believe the workplace had anything to do with Jennifer going missing...I have read all these weird theories and so called proofs but they just don't add up in a lot of ways...
and just for your own information jeffries,How do you know Keyes was not on the same cruise Jennifer and her boyfriend took that weekend???......he sure loved to travel and do cruises......Keyes was a construction worker...Easy to have blended in and look just like one of the other guys around.., or was Keyes visiting relatives in Orlando or his childhood friend known to live in Daytona??? maybe down on his luck and worked for a few days, knowing keyes he would sit laughing as he relaxed at night in one of those condo's for FREE.....I have tons of links and etc. that I could put up but some would not be allowed I'm sure...and I have heard a lot of theories on Jennifer but it's been way over 7 years and so far none has been true, they have had several possible POI's....and as of this date none has been arrested so that tells me they are doing a dead end find on Jennifer...I do agree they need fresh eyes, fresh thoughts and etc. that would be the best thing that could happen in this case, but please don't come on here telling everyone just because Keyes has been "outed" that I am on here suggesting he is the one for Jennifer...I have spent the better part of the past year, reading, searching, contacting, zooming photo's and much more on Jennifer's case for one simple reason....When they 1st released the photo of IK, it affected me so bad I lost 2 nights sleep straight in a row, I suddenly felt as if I had seen him somewhere in my lifetime, so bad that I actually got very nauseated when looking at his photo...I knew I had never seen this person in my life...and that was way before they even knew he was a serial killer, so with all this being said....Until LE or FBI come forth and prove 100% another person taking Jennifer, I will draw my last breath on this earth fully believing 198% that the POI walking by that fence was Keyes
Much discussion on another site was discussed about the type of walk (length of his legs apart) of this POI....after long being discussed, it was known this type of walk was some type of military stance and also the way the POI holds the upper body, never moving the head area while walking...all was confirmed as some type of Military stance and then the shoes came into discussion, many thought it to be a cricket player, that was not true and finally a man came into the discussion that was a 20 yr Military Vet, he said there was not even 1% question in his mind, these were military boots, and he stated he wore them every single day of his 20 yr. military service.......Keyes served 3 years in the military and often boasted around others of his military services, he was honorably discharged so that spoke volume's to me with the POI.....and the CD player in the backseat threw me off for a long time, but as I said above one person contacted me that really knew Keyes in everyday life, gave me some of his personal favorites in music.....Keyes was really into heavy metal and I personally feel that when he was on a hunt and kill trip this music was probably in known vehicles being played really loud, I still feel Keyes had been watching Jennifer for awhile....maybe even stalking her in his own sick way as he did the Curriers in Vermont....it was known that Lorraine told her co-workers she felt like she was being watched and at times being stalked, Bill went and bought a gun because I'm sure he was also being stalked by this crazy monster, sadly the gun he bought was used to kill Bill.....I would love to see or for FBI to get Jennifer's phone records....I would look for any calls that was of un-known persons calling her phone, the state, and the times the calls might have come in, and I think FBI if they have not already done this, should get a complete passenger list that Jennifer and boyfriend was known to have taken the weekend before she returned home....Keyes had his hair cut almost identical in his earlier years as the POI in Jennifer's case, I found a photo and have now sent that also and as known when he robbed banks he always wore some type of cover on his head, to me this looks like a knit cap that may be rolled up, this I feel was worn as to not leave behind any hair dna whether it be Keyes or another person

Jeffries, I have asked that this case be put on Keyes thread as I feel it should be looked into in depth by FBI, but there are certain things that has to be proven and etc. and some of the links I have cannot be put on this site, I agree to disagree with you, and I will still be sitting behind my computer awaiting the next released timeline of IKeyes....LOL....just a ???? knowing way down deep inside of me, after all I feel any person that is taken or killed in a cruel manner needs voices or minds to help give their families locations, evidence and in some strange way possible closure for their families...and NO, I am not a psychic, mind reader or anything close to this, but we are to trust our inner being and I will leave with a quote I heard several years ago in psychology "You know what you need to know, and you already know you know" sometimes that inner deep down feeling is what we need to clasp onto and go with it....I have found in all my years of life, it is always what I have needed to do or follow

No, not from Orlando. I believe Keyes used to work in the area and so that spurred some to theorize his involvement.

I agree, I do not think the man who parked her car was some friend of the perp or even an illegal alien paid to park it as some have said.

Do you have proof or can you provide a link as Keyes working in Orlando??

Jeffries, what is the value of your house that you are wagering? I agree that IK was not the first, last, or only active serial killer when Jennifer Kesse vanished.
Jeffries, although we look through the same eyes, we may see different images and come to various conclusions based on life experiences, instincts, inductive reasoning skills, and perception..
Jeffries, the perceived hypothesis that Jennifer Kesse, was taken by someone she knew, while dismissing hybred serial killer Keyes' involvement, based on statistics is why many cases grow cold, imo.

Israel Keyes, had means, motive, opportunity, and too many parallels to disregard, imo..

Imo, this is an example of something IK would do to taunt LE and her family: Photo of Missing Florida Woman Turns Up on Dating Web Sites for Seniors, Lesbians http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/0...-up-on-dating-web-sites-for-seniors-lesbians/

It was theorized that the shoes in this security photo of the POI walking past the iron gate may be bicycle shoes, and imo, the clothing worn by the POI appears to be carpenter overalls..
FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #7 - Page 10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community Photo/Comment #237

photos white carpenter overalls
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...pvt=photos+white+carpenter+overalls&FORM=IGRE

Wow. I wouldn't have offered my opinion if I knew it would cause such a stir. And I don't know anything about Keyes in Orlando; I thought the theory was that he used to do odd jobs there, and so could have been responsible for Jennifer's disappearance.

Sorry, I don't have the energy to properly respond. Maybe in the future. I am trying to limit my exposure to this site anyway, because I feel reading about these cases really sucks the life out of me -- it's depressing. But, happy sleuthing... and even if we don't see eye to eye, I certainly admire your tenaciousness, dign. That's what sleuthing is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member