TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

just gonna bring this back regarding travis scott's apparent attitude toward human life besides his own and this article is LONG so i will copy & paste the part that has the story from the guy, whose name is Shane Morris:

You know what Travis Scott did [when I had a seizure]? He left. He and his friend left me.

I eventually ended up at the hospital that night, but Travis couldn’t be bothered. I should mention at this point that during the week before my seizure, Travis and I were discussing me managing him. For almost two years, I had been working with him, building him up, and giving him guidance in music. To get left like that, when I’m having a medical emergency – that’s pretty cold.

So the next day, I called Travis Scott while I was driving to see my friend. He explained to me that he didn’t want a manager that would be having seizures, and he didn’t want to bring T.I. around anything like that. "How do I know you’re not just gonna be shaking on the ground and *advertiser censored*?"

I exploded. If there’s one thing you don’t do, it’s use my disability against me, as a reason to say I’m not worthy in my business.

Travis Scott is the kind of person who discriminates based upon disability. He steals from the musicians around him. Then, he manipulates people into thinking he did it all on his own.

Then there's THIS part!! which explains how TS even became famous in the first place (which was by cheating of course):

Morris, a former employee at MySpace music, was working on the website Earmilk.com as a junior software engineer when he met Scott. Morris claims that Scott hired him to “fake his popularity” so that he could trick record labels.

“For Travis, what we did was fake his popularity. I programmed a fleet of Soundcloud bots to artificially inflate his play counts on Soundcloud,” Morris said. “This told record labels executives that he was much more popular than he actually was. We also did the same thing early on with Twitter.”

Houston police investigating the 2021 Astroworld concert disaster determined that a contract between Travis Scott and Apple required him to finish his set in order to receive a $4.5 million payment. While a grand jury declined charges against Scott last month, one expert said the contract could play a role in the swarm of lawsuits targeting the rapper, Apple and other companies.

Steve Herman, a plaintiff's attorney not involved in the case, said:
It could be very important. He’s never going to admit that [the money from Apple] was his motivation, but if there’s other circumstantial evidence from which ultimately a jury can infer that that was a motivation in not stopping the concert, even though he knew people were getting crushed, that’s pretty powerful stuff.

Herman said lawyers will try to find out why the language was in the contract – and whether Scott knew about it.

Scott has maintained from the start that he had no idea that fans were dying. Two audio engineers disputed that account in the police report, telling detectives they heard an associate telling Scott that concertgoers were dying. In videos of the concert, fans can be heard chanting at Scott to “stop the show,” and the performer at one point acknowledged an ambulance cart that got trapped in the crowd. Scott told police, however, that he was in a “trance” on stage.

Last edited:
Late in the investigation, they appear to have learned about the contract between Scott and Apple, which livestreamed the event. That contract was separate from the agreement between Scott and Live Nation, the concert promoter and operator that came under scrutiny after Astroworld.

“According to documents produced in the civil litigation, Travis Scott had five stipulations to fulfill in order to receive $4.5 million from Apple per contract. Of those five acts, one was to complete the show,” investigators wrote.

Apple was brought on “last minute” as Scott faced rising bills from the distinctive “mountain” stage where he performed his headlining set, the police report says, in a glossary buried on its 1,096th page.

Last edited:
worth the read if you haven't. perspectives of people working the show.
----------
They looked like rag dolls, Reece Wheeler thought.

One by one, the Astroworld Festival coordinator watched from the command center as unconscious Travis Scott fans’ were crowd-surfed out of the mosh pit and dumped into the sea of bodies raging before one of the biggest rappers in the last decade performed.

The concert hadn’t even begun.

Wheeler texted Shawna Boardman — the festival’s exterior manager of security, a minute before Scott took the stage:

“There’s panic in people’s eyes,” he wrote. “This could get worse quickly.”

“Yes,” Boardman replied.

Wheeler watched in horror over the next hour as no one stopped the concert. Wheeler texted her again:

“I would pull the plug but that’s just me,” he wrote. “I know they’ll try to fight through but I would want it on the record that I didn’t advise this to continue. Someone’s going to end up dead.”

worth the read if you haven't. perspectives of people working the show.
----------
They looked like rag dolls, Reece Wheeler thought.

One by one, the Astroworld Festival coordinator watched from the command center as unconscious Travis Scott fans’ were crowd-surfed out of the mosh pit and dumped into the sea of bodies raging before one of the biggest rappers in the last decade performed.

The concert hadn’t even begun.

Wheeler texted Shawna Boardman — the festival’s exterior manager of security, a minute before Scott took the stage:

“There’s panic in people’s eyes,” he wrote. “This could get worse quickly.”

“Yes,” Boardman replied.

Wheeler watched in horror over the next hour as no one stopped the concert. Wheeler texted her again:

“I would pull the plug but that’s just me,” he wrote. “I know they’ll try to fight through but I would want it on the record that I didn’t advise this to continue. Someone’s going to end up dead.”

Wow that’s genuine concern. Wheeler knew it and called it.

There is so much evidence to support the tragedy that took place. It will be very disappointing if he isn’t held accountable.

He failed to omit that creditable performers don’t encourage the audience to participate in dangerous behavior that has resulted in death.
I will also include that performers don't scold security for doing their job during a concert or else make them legally responsible for anything that happens after that. Taylor Swift and Fred Durst are two that come to mind who recently did that.

He failed to omit that creditable performers don’t encourage the audience to participate in dangerous behavior that has resulted in death.

EXACTLY! Thank you! Dave Grohl is another artist who will stop a show to assist someone who has fallen or been pushed.
His only excuse is he did not see the trampling...but if he did he needs to be held accountable, jail time, a large fine, and his license to hold large events removed permanently.

just gonna bring this back regarding travis scott's apparent attitude toward human life besides his own and this article is LONG so i will copy & paste the part that has the story from the guy, whose name is Shane Morris:

Then there's THIS part!! which explains how TS even became famous in the first place (which was by cheating of course):

Morris, a former employee at MySpace music, was working on the website Earmilk.com as a junior software engineer when he met Scott. Morris claims that Scott hired him to “fake his popularity” so that he could trick record labels.

“For Travis, what we did was fake his popularity. I programmed a fleet of Soundcloud bots to artificially inflate his play counts on Soundcloud,” Morris said. “This told record labels executives that he was much more popular than he actually was. We also did the same thing early on with Twitter.”

This bot farming is an illegal practice so why is he not being held accountable for that as well?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisamarie24
Back