GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

Snoods, when the trial starts, there is still a possibility that the trial might be streamed "live". It is my understanding, that several main-stream media have requested that it be streamed "live". The presiding Judge has not made a decision yet.

I hope the presiding Judge grants the request. Trial is to start July 8.

Snipped from KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX

"The trial is scheduled to begin July 8."

David Temple facing second murder trial for killing pregnant wife
Temple's original conviction was overturned after he served nine years in prison

Author: Matt Keyser
Published: 12:55 PM CDT June 20, 2019
Updated: 5:19 PM CDT June 20, 2019

David Temple facing second murder trial for killing pregnant wife

Snipped from KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX:

"Prosecutors and attorneys began the process of whittling a jury pool of 120 people down to the 12 people who, this time, will decide his fate in the 1999 slaying of Belinda Temple."

Jury selection underway for retrial of David Temple
By Aaron Barker - Senior Digital Editor
Posted: 1:35 PM, June 20, 2019Updated: 1:50 PM, June 20, 2019

Jury selection underway for retrial of David Temple

Snipped from the Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX:

"The Texas Attorney General’s Office will act as special prosecutors in the re-trial. Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg recused her office from the case in May 2017 because a number of her employees — former defense attorneys — had a connection to the saga.

The case was overturned in 2016 when state District Judge Larry Gist determined that Temple didn’t get a fair trial. Defense attorneys for the former coach said that prosecutor Kelly Siegler withheld evidence favorable to Temple in his 2007 trial, and didn’t disclose they had alternate suspects."

Jury selection set to begin in David Temple re-trial
By Samantha Ketterer

Updated 8:47 am CDT, Thursday, June 20, 2019

Jury selection set to begin in David Temple re-trial

Snipped from KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX:

"Jury selection began Thursday in the re-trial of David Temple, a former Alief Hastings High School football coach accused of killing his pregnant wife and unborn baby in 1999."

Football coach David Temple preparing to go back on trial 20 years after wife's murder
Thursday, June 20, 2019 1:44 PM - HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK)

Football coach David Temple preparing to go back on trial 20 years after wife's murder

Does anyone know if a MOD or ADMIN will start a new thread for the re-trial of David Temple in the murder of his wife, Belinda Lucas Temple and unborn baby Erin?

If a MOD or ADMIN sees this, please be advised that jury selection started on Thursday, June 20, 2019, in a State District Court, in Houston, Harris County, TX.

The trial is scheduled to start on Monday, July 8, 2019.

The Texas Attorney General’s Office will act as special prosecutors in the re-trial of David Temple.

The Opening Statements and Closing Arguments will be streamed "Live". There is a request, by mainstream media, to "live" stream the entire trial. The presiding Judge has not ruled on that request as of 6/21/19.

Harris County District Attorney, Kim Ogg, recused her office from the case in May, 2017 because a number of her employees — former defense attorneys — had a connection to the saga.

I'll be honest, I am not a fan of the defense attorney Dick DeGuerin ala Robert Durst, nor David's newest defense team. But, hey, defense attorneys don't become defense attorneys to make friends as we all know too well.

It is truly a sad situation for Brenda's family.

I am looking forward to any new evidence the new trial may present. I suspect the new defense team may offer up more of a reasonable doubt scenario.

~ Boots

Just re-reading "Shattered". There is no way Temple is innocent. The fact that Mark Fuhrman used the N word did not make OJ innocent and whatever misconduct there was on the part of the prosecuter does not make this vaby killer innocent either. His own mother knew he was guilty on the day of the murders.

I think this is a most interesting article . .. it even includes a Timeline.

It is from the attorney (for the prosecution - Appeals) who handled the response to the appeals by David Temple's attorneys in the Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Houston, TX

It was posted on the Texas District & County Attorneys Association website. (Please see Link below.)

This may have been posted here a long time ago. I don't know but I found it in my saved info on the David Temple case.

It will certainly refresh many memories of what has transpired in the David Temple case.

Great timeline at the end of the article!

TEXAS DISTRICT & COUNTY ATTORNEYS ASSOCIATION

"Not so squirrely after all"

https://www.tdcaa.com/journal/not-s...BZfE_g30t_veWx2TuynvRxXgdSneqA7m1VulaSwACtQug

Does anyone know if a MOD or ADMIN will start a new thread for the re-trial of David Temple in the murder of his wife, Belinda Lucas Temple and unborn baby Erin?

If a MOD or ADMIN sees this, please be advised that jury selection started on Thursday, June 20, 2019, in a State District Court, in Houston, Harris County, TX.

The trial is scheduled to start on Monday, July 8, 2019.

The Texas Attorney General’s Office will act as special prosecutors in the re-trial of David Temple.

The Opening Statements and Closing Arguments will be streamed "Live". There is a request, by mainstream media, to "live" stream the entire trial. The presiding Judge has not ruled on that request as of 6/21/19.

Harris County District Attorney, Kim Ogg, recused her office from the case in May, 2017 because a number of her employees — former defense attorneys — had a connection to the saga.

We have moved this thread to the Trials forum. We usually don't start a new thread until we reach about 1000 posts. When the trial begins, we can update the title of the thread.

Just re-reading "Shattered". There is no way Temple is innocent. The fact that Mark Fuhrman used the N word did not make OJ innocent and whatever misconduct there was on the part of the prosecuter does not make this vaby killer innocent either. His own mother knew he was guilty on the day of the murders.

I agree. He (and his girlfriend turned wife, IMO) had motive, means, and opportunity. I think his father also knew he was guilty and helped him dispose of the shotgun shells. It is a tragedy that this man was let out of prison. I truly hope everything is done by the book in this re-trial and that the jury puts him back in a cage where he belongs.

Snoods, when the trial starts, there is still a possibility that the trial might be streamed "live". It is my understanding, that several main-stream media have requested that it be streamed "live". The presiding Judge has not made a decision yet.

I hope the presiding Judge grants the request. Trial is to start July 8.

Thank you! I hope so too.

Defense attorneys will say and do just about anything to get their client off. Look at what Jose Baez said about Casey’s dad molesting her, and he never had to prove it during her trial.

Prosecutors shouldn’t be shady, lie, and withhold exculpatory evidence in order to get a conviction. Any prosecutor who brags about never losing a case just seems suspect to me. It seems she’ll do anything to win. I think she knows she has a few innocent people locked away, just my opinion.

I look forward to following this trial.

@chlban “Shattered” is a really good book, I love Kathryn Casey. Not saying I didn’t despise the guy after reading it and I had no doubt about his guilt at the time.

I will now be open-minded and listen to ALL of the evidence. He does deserve a fair trial.

(Reading suggestion is her new book “In Plain Sight.” It’s just so good.)

The following update was posted by Andy Kahan this evening (Friday, 6/21/19) on his Facebook page.

Andy Kahan is the Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX.

He is the former official Director of Victim Services/Advocacy for the City of Houston, TX.

Andy is attending jury selection in the David Temple trial and will be attending the trial when it starts on July 8, 2019.
~~~~~

From Andy Kahan - Facebook:

Attended second day of jury pool selection for the upcoming retrial of David Temple for the murder of his 8 month pregnant wife Belinda in 1999.

This coming Monday a pool of 120 citizens will be whittled down to 16. Testimony is scheduled to start July 8th. The trial should last at least a month.

If convicted the punishment range for him ranges from Probation To Life in Prison.

Because the offense took place in 1999, Probation was still an option for 1st Degree Murder.

It took myself and Members of Parents of Murdered Children 12 years and 7 Legislative sessions to remove Probation as a sentencing option upon being convicted of first degree murder. We began our quest in 1999 and finally passed the Bill in 2011. Perseverance and a new hairstyle paid off.

Source: Andy Kahan - Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/andy.kahan.9?__tn__=,dC-R-R&eid=ARDW9vn_B7oUgNyRXpgefsNg7PtugtwK0drj-zwWOxdzCa_3GkUFlREjZZKzJ_dd84l52CmLFdNDENx9&hc_ref=ARS_baguRdb2LDVvXqs9XkA4MUKiXvbh4o00mxT4JLDB3QU8LiDVOmldHzC9OZg_N44&fref=nf

Please click this image to see the full size!

64775330_1580995472031098_5177055812257841152_n.jpg

The following update was posted by Andy Kahan this evening (Friday, 6/21/19) on his Facebook page.

Andy Kahan is the Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX.

He is the former official Director of Victim Services/Advocacy for the City of Houston, TX.

Andy is attending jury selection in the David Temple trial and will be attending the trial when it starts on July 8, 2019.
~~~~~

From Andy Kahan - Facebook:

Attended second day of jury pool selection for the upcoming retrial of David Temple for the murder of his 8 month pregnant wife Belinda in 1999.

This coming Monday a pool of 120 citizens will be whittled down to 16. Testimony is scheduled to start July 8th. The trial should last at least a month.

If convicted the punishment range for him ranges from Probation To Life in Prison.

Because the offense took place in 1999, Probation was still an option for 1st Degree Murder.

It took myself and Members of Parents of Murdered Children 12 years and 7 Legislative sessions to remove Probation as a sentencing option upon being convicted of first degree murder. We began our quest in 1999 and finally passed the Bill in 2011. Perseverance and a new hairstyle paid off.

Source: Andy Kahan - Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/andy.kahan.9?__tn__=,dC-R-R&eid=ARDW9vn_B7oUgNyRXpgefsNg7PtugtwK0drj-zwWOxdzCa_3GkUFlREjZZKzJ_dd84l52CmLFdNDENx9&hc_ref=ARS_baguRdb2LDVvXqs9XkA4MUKiXvbh4o00mxT4JLDB3QU8LiDVOmldHzC9OZg_N44&fref=nf

I find jury selection fascinating, I wish we could listen to it.

I’ve never thought about or wanted to attend a trial before, but I’m so tempted to drop in for a day or two during this trial, if possible. Any other locals considering attending? Maybe we can arrange a WS meet-up at the courthouse?

For those who are not familiar with Lisa Tanner, I think you will find this very informative and interesting.

Lisa Tanner, is the Texas Assistant District Attorney, who will be the lead prosecutor in the David Temple re-trial.

Lisa clearly has great credentials!

There is also a video interview with Lisa Tanner at the Linked site.

With Lisa Tanner's credentials and experience, I think she will do an outstanding job as lead prosecuting attorney.

Source:
Texas A & M Department of Agricultural Econmics - Tyrus R. Timm Honor Registry.
Tanner, Lisa

Tanner, Lisa | Tyrus R. Timm Honor Registry

Snipped from source listed below this Timeline!

Temple murder timeline:

Sometime in 1998 David Temple told Belinda Temple that he was going on a hunting trip with some friends during the New Year’s weekend, but he instead used that opportunity to spend time with Heather Scott.

December 31, 1998 David Temple spent the holiday weekend with Heather Scott, and they continued their romantic relationship and engaged in sexual intercourse during that time.

January 5, 1999 Heather Scott talked with David Temple about ending their romantic relationship.

January 8, 1999 David Temple told Heather Scott that he had fallen in love with her, and she stated that she felt the same way.

January 11, 1999 The date of the offense

11:40 a.m. Deborah Berger takes a phone call from daycare center, where her young son, Evan, is sick. Deborah tells Belinda Temple about the call.

11:55 a.m. Belinda’s cell phone calls Alief School where David Temple works (the call lasts 32 seconds).

12:03 p.m. Belinda’s cell phone again calls Alief School (4:14 minutes).

12:08 p.m. Belinda’s cell phone once again calls Alief School (1:04 minutes).

12:09 p.m. Belinda’s cell phone yet again calls Alief School (59 seconds).

12:11 p.m. Belinda’s cell phone again calls Alief School (34 seconds).

About Noon Belinda picks up Evan at the daycare center. About the same time, Belinda called David Temple from home regarding Evan and needing relief.

12:30–12:40 p.m. David Temple arrives home.

1:00 p.m. Belinda returns to school.

3:00 p.m. Nothing unusual at the Temple home.

3:30 p.m. Belinda finishes meeting at school.

3:32 p.m. Belinda calls David Temple at their house to say that she is on her way home. After leaving school, Belinda went to her in-laws’ home to pick up some soup, and she left their residence at about 3:45 p.m. Belinda Temple is never heard from again.

3:40 p.m. Nothing unusual in the neighborhood.

3:45 p.m. Belinda gets home, and David Temple says that she is tired and wants to rest. “While she was resting, I took my son to the park, near my subdivision, and then to the grocery store and Home Depot.” The trip to the Brookshire Brothers grocery store and Home Depot are verified, but the trip to the park is not. David Temple and Evan leave their home, but it appears that Evan rode in David Temple’s pickup with no car seat.

4:00 p.m. Nothing unusual in the neighborhood.

4:20 p.m. Nothing unusual in the neighborhood. The Temples’ dog was not barking.

4:25 p.m. The Parkers’ dog was barking and running up and down along the fence line. The Temples’ dog was not barking.

4:30 p.m. Nothing unusual at the Temple home; the Temples’ dog was not barking. A four-door, light-colored sedan with two young men drove quickly out of the neighborhood.

4:32 p.m. David Temple and Evan enter Brookshire Brothers on the other side of the Katy Freeway.

4:38 p.m. David Temple and Evan leave Brookshire Brothers and walk toward parking lot.

4:38 p.m. Brenda Lucas makes telephone call to Belinda Temple, but Belinda does not answer.

4:40 p.m. Temple answering machine records Brenda Lucas’ call to Belinda. Some young children in the neighborhood claimed to have heard a loud boom that sounded like a gunshot. No one else in the neighborhood reports hearing such a gunshot.

4:50–5:00 p.m. Buck Bindeman sees David Temple at Katy Hockley Cut-Off and Morton Ranch Road intersection facing southbound, coming from an area north of the Brookshire Brothers, but after David Temple and Evan had already left Brookshire Brothers and coming from the area where David Temple’s parents lived and where he had often hunted.

5:10 p.m. Nothing unusual in the neighborhood. David Temple’s dog was not barking.

5:10 p.m. Temple answering machine records Kenneth Temple’s call asking about his grandson, “little man.”

5:14 p.m. David Temple and Evan enter Home Depot.

5:25 p.m. Angela Vielma sees the Temples’ blue pick-up and David Temple as garage door closes at Temple home. David Temple’s dog was not inside the garage, and it was not barking.

5:30 p.m. Kenneth Temple called the Temple home again, received no answer, and left no further message.

5:40 p.m. Maureen Temple called the Temple home, received no answer, and left no message. David Temple knocked on the Ruggieros’ door.

5:36 p.m.* Mrs. Ruggiero’s call to 911.

5:38 p.m. David Temple’s call to 911.

5:41 p.m. Mr. Ruggiero could not make it into David Temple’s home because of aggressive and barking dog in the backyard.

5:42 p.m. Mrs. Ruggiero called David Temple on the telephone but received no answer.

5:45 p.m. Mr. Ruggiero called David Temple on the telephone but received no answer.

5:49 p.m. Sergeant Gonsoulin and Deputy Johnson arrive at the Temple home.

5:54 p.m. Sergeant Gonsoulin and Deputy Johnson could not enter Temple home because of barking and aggressive dog.

* Note: The discrepency between when Mrs. Ruggiero called 911 and when David Temple knocked on her door (that is, Temple would’ve had to knock on her door before she knew to call 911) is due to an inconsistency in the approximation of time from the record.
~~~ End of Snip ~~~

Source: TEXAS DISTRICT & COUNTY ATTORNEYS ASSOCIATION

https://www.tdcaa.com/journal/not-s...BZfE_g30t_veWx2TuynvRxXgdSneqA7m1VulaSwACtQug

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back